VN Ren'Py A Foreign World [Ep. 4.5] [HighbornTiger]

4.30 star(s) 49 Votes

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022
d10_morning_03_Camera (2).png

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No. It is a render you haven't seen before!!!
But don't you dare get your hopes up. I'm still studying. The next exam is coming up soon. And then there is another one... And another.
I'm currently watching recorded lessons and it's boring. I feel like writing, but once I start writing, I stop listening. I'm not sure if other people can do it, but I'm not build for that. Then I thought, "hey I might not be able to write, while listening, but maybe I could set up some renders."
And that's what I did. I set up three renders, aaaaaand... I had no idea what the prof was talking about while I did that. Shit.

It doesn't work, guys... I can't focus on the game while studying. I tried. I failed, I might write or set up renders so I won't go insane. But I won't get close to finishing another update.
You might notice that I'm writing more dev updates than usual. That's partly because I don't want to forget about A Foreign World. When I loaded up Daz, I almost had a nostalgic feeling.

Anyway, that's it from me. I'm going to unpause the video of my prof talking about whatever, and I'm going to keep wishing for the day where I can just work on A Foreign World without distractions.
Until then, Enjoy!

Woodstock_1983

Sep 16, 2020
this game is boring. The timing is slow as hell, there's no text from the beginning just long as scenes. The Dev needs to fix this so much. they just look at each other without saying anything. it's so boring.

OhGodNotAgain

Aug 11, 2023
this game is boring. The timing is slow as hell, there's no text from the beginning just long as scenes. The Dev needs to fix this so much. they just look at each other without saying anything. it's so boring.
Ha! sounds like you had the same problem I had the text box is set to hidden.

HighbornTiger

Sizable Pianissimo M*C^2
Game Developer
Sep 7, 2018
I do have pauses and 'cutscenes' in the game. Pauses shouldn't be longer than 2 seconds (or self determined) and cutscenes are indicated by an orange frame.

I removed the usual H button that hides the textbox and allows people to jerk off. Instead, there is a mode in which there is no textbox, but you can still go through the game (The one you might have been in).

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Slick Bean

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
1709204381282.png
How does this game work? Could you, possibly, get with a girl .. once you work up the courage to ask her ... even if she is looking away?
1709204437872.png
Now? Maybe ... Nah, man!
She is looking straight into that broads bosom ... slicing holes right through - with her intense gaze.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

HighbornTiger

Sizable Pianissimo M*C^2
Game Developer
Sep 7, 2018
It's either , or

TheDick69+

Jun 29, 2021
So was this episode also played. Yes, I know I've a month back log, I like too many games. :cool:

A good one with some really good scenes. I'm going full harem, that's me, so I like what was solved in this one. (y)

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
So was this episode also played. Yes, I know I've a month back log, I like too many games. :cool:

A good one with some really good scenes. I'm going full harem, that's me, so I like what was solved in this one. (y)
Goin full harem? I thought this was a forced harem? It's why I stopped playin.

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
there are no forced scenes, you can avoid both Sue and Tracy hookup if you want (the characters that have lewd scenes so far) and be loyal to your "wife"
Loyal to a woman we start the game with? You're jokin right? Can we dump the wife and start new?

I started the game awhile back, but then I was told the harem was forced. So, I stopped.

Edit:
But I also remember HighbornTiger statin that we could avoid everything. So, not sure why I believed that other person.

Last edited:

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Loyal to a woman we start the game with? You're jokin right? Can we dump the wife and start new?

I started the game awhile back, but then I was told the harem was forced. So, I stopped.

Edit:
But I also remember HighbornTiger statin that we could avoid everything. So, not sure why I believed that other person.
hmm now that I think of it, we can't really dump her (at least not currently), but she will accept that you are sleeping with others. So probably her route is forced in that regard, but not the other girls.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Dark Silence

HighbornTiger

Sizable Pianissimo M*C^2
Game Developer
Sep 7, 2018
If you are looking to only have one LI, then this isn’t your type of VN. You can avoid any sex scene, but that‘s more for people that don‘t like one or two of the LI‘s. That way they can still enjoy the game while not having to skip through unwanted content.
Once you start rejecting everyone, or try to be faithful to only one person, some snippets might no longer make sense.

In the beginning I wasn‘t as clear about this, because I was hoping I could give players more options. After over a year of development I now know my limitations a whole lot better. For all intents and purposes you should say that it‘s a forced harem game since it loses a lot of it‘s appeal when you deviate from that. Once I add more options to satisfy everyone taste, the dev time will skyrocket, and the game won‘t be finished.

Also for everyone that doesn‘t like harem games. Give A Foreign World a try. You might just change your mind.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Also for everyone that doesn‘t like harem games. Give A Foreign World a try. You might just change your mind.
Really? I don't want to talk anyone out of trying this game; it has a great story and some good characters. But I'm highly skeptical it would change anyone's stance on harem games. Other than being a slow burn, the dynamics with the girls and the MC feel like pretty typical harem stuff to me.

Personally, I think the game would be substantially improved by dropping the harem aspect. It feels like a broken Aesop - like the other world would have been fine if only the Old Man had just been a little more manly and sensitive. I realize that's not the intended point and I understand why it's impractical to include a faithful route. I'm not trying to talk you out of telling the story the way you want. I'm just saying that this is not a game I would recommend to evangelize the harem cause.

Reactions: Sin_Mechero

Bohler

Jan 13, 2024
Really? I don't want to talk anyone out of trying this game; it has a great story and some good characters. But I'm highly skeptical it would change anyone's stance on harem games. Other than being a slow burn, the dynamics with the girls and the MC feel like pretty typical harem stuff to me.

Personally, I think the game would be substantially improved by dropping the harem aspect. It feels like a broken Aesop - like the other world would have been fine if only the Old Man had just been a little more manly and sensitive. I realize that's not the intended point and I understand why it's impractical to include a faithful route. I'm not trying to talk you out of telling the story the way you want. I'm just saying that this is not a game I would recommend to evangelize the harem cause.
I think there is a big difference between, a foreign world and grandma's house for example. The slow burn makes you more open to the girls in a harem way. In grandma's house it's terrible he just fucks everyone and they are happy for it too. But this one makes you like the girls.

jI11jaCksjAkk

Jun 26, 2023
I think there is a big difference between, a foreign world and grandma's house for example. The slow burn makes you more open to the girls in a harem way. In grandma's house it's terrible he just fucks everyone and they are happy for it too. But this one makes you like the girls.
Agreed. 95% of games tagged as "harem" just mean that for no particular reason all LIs immediately are DTF MC (i.e., cater to the unrealistic fantasies of the 12-year-old boy in all of us). Very few deal with the practical aspects of getting multiple LIs to actually agree to enter such a relationship in the first place (and continue to stay in it as it expands).

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
true that, or take WVM as another example, it's insane how bad it is. Can't remember 90% of the girls there or who they are and what they do, I just don't care about them in any meaningful way. Meanwhile in this one, while a slow burn, you build connection with thew girls, get to know them over time, so you are as a player are more engaged. I much prefer this kinda harem to those others.

4.30 star(s) 49 Votes