A Game for Everyone...

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
desmosome is right.

You may have a want and a will, it doesn't mean you have the skill.

What engine will this game be? Do you have any coding experience in said engine? Will it be text or have art? Where will this art come from? there are many questions you need to ask yourself, and also need to understand the math of choices and if they matter. Because once you start making divergent points the scale of a project starts going off the charts.

Also naming it a game for everyone, that isn't a thing. Some people won't play a game with Rape as a fetish, while others love it. These 2 sides are antithetical and thus a game with it can't be for everyone.

Another concept. Pregnancy and timetables. Can they get pregnant during the game and start showing, how much do they show, will there be birth. Repeat this for every character. Now like choices the amount of images/model changes explode in amounts.

SO real advice is make a test game or two for coding, art, and other learning. You can slowly make your "masterpiece" later and when it is finally in a releasable state you can tell us all "ha ha told you so." As a 'However' though, when people see a fetish in the tags they expect a large amount of content of it. So coming out the box with 50 tags and having a single use of them will not make anyone happy.

shenazqt

Jun 5, 2021
Make a demo so we can see if you have even the slightest chance of succeeding. How you gonna make the 2D art? You an artist? You got money for commissions? You gonna steal art from various different games? Do you have coding experience? Is your level of English better than what you are displaying in this thread? Do you have the writing skills and imagination to come up with interesting scenarios without asking the forum what they want in the game?

What commisions? I have some coding expirience but not good enough to make a dynamic app or website

shenazqt

Jun 5, 2021
desmosome is right.

You may have a want and a will, it doesn't mean you have the skill.

What engine will this game be? Do you have any coding experience in said engine? Will it be text or have art? Where will this art come from? there are many questions you need to ask yourself, and also need to understand the math of choices and if they matter. Because once you start making divergent points the scale of a project starts going off the charts.

Also naming it a game for everyone, that isn't a thing. Some people won't play a game with Rape as a fetish, while others love it. These 2 sides are antithetical and thus a game with it can't be for everyone.

Another concept. Pregnancy and timetables. Can they get pregnant during the game and start showing, how much do they show, will there be birth. Repeat this for every character. Now like choices the amount of images/model changes explode in amounts.

SO real advice is make a test game or two for coding, art, and other learning. You can slowly make your "masterpiece" later and when it is finally in a releasable state you can tell us all "ha ha told you so." As a 'However' though, when people see a fetish in the tags they expect a large amount of content of it. So coming out the box with 50 tags and having a single use of them will not make anyone happy.
So I cant even try this as my first project but I might with time and required skill(after considerable amount of projects)?

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
It isn't impossible, but very improbable. Look at Trials in Tainted Space (TiTS) and Lilith's Throne or similar games. They have a multitude of fetishes but the games are mainly text, and written by a large group of individuals.

However most of the variables in these games don't matter.

Text games can easily be vast, it is when you start adding story, consequences, and graphics that the games bloom out of control.

But as has been stated, there is nothing in this world that everyone will agree on. Some people want world peace, some want war. Some people here hate sandbox games or RPGM games and will not play them, others love it.

If you need to start, just write the story, characters, etc. Then you can slowly add a single fetish at a time and where it would make sense. When you finally finish that then look into how to make it a game.

Reactions: ossi06

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
But it's not even possible to do that because not everyone will like the story and characters he/she creates..
We agree, but that specific portion was for him to try and create a game, any game. Not specifically a game everyone likes, but a game that can have a lot of fetishes.

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Then there is the question of art, some people like 2D some like 3D and some like text only..
I am unsure what you are getting at, or if you are trying to argue with me.

I have espoused the same argument on that not everyone likes the same things already, the same as you. You can literally see them in each of my posts.

My advice is on how he can start creating a game. The same advice I would give anyone who said "Hey how should I start making games".

Catapo

Jun 14, 2018
I hate discouraging devs but what you have to understand is that words are extremely cheap.
You're young, inexperienced, clearly you don't realize the difficulty of this sort of project, you're not telling or showing us anything (art, writing, engine, etc) and yet you expect 5 star ratings. Why would we believe you and do that?

Regarding what sort of things the community wants I would like to show you probably my favourite answer to this question.

What we want

Reactions: ossi06

shenazqt

Jun 5, 2021
I hate discouraging devs but what you have to understand is that words are extremely cheap.
You're young, inexperienced, clearly you don't realize the difficulty of this sort of project, you're not telling or showing us anything (art, writing, engine, etc) and yet you expect 5 star ratings. Why would we believe you and do that?

Regarding what sort of things the community wants I would like to show you probably my favourite answer to this question.

What we want
I am sorry i know it was silly of me to ask any rating... I decided to create a game for everyone so sudden, I learned basics of renpy, I am practicing my drawing.....i thought it was going to be easy but drawing with laptop in that tiny space of mouse pad is really tough, i am planning to buy a Graphic Tablet......I will create some thing to give a decent opinion on me.... I sincerely thank everyone that replied to me.... I didnt see it as discouragement but as handful of good people trying to give me a dose of reality....

Reactions: Laikhent

CocoVC

Aug 10, 2018
If you're determined to make this game, here are some helpful resources:
/ - Good for developing a story with branches
- When you want to add 'gameplay' to your story
My personal advice: Start small. Take one or two ideas and make a small story. Work on your 'masterpiece' in the background. That's what I'm doing. If you need small stories, you can always steal get inspired from
Also, since English isn't your native tongue, I would recommend writing your story in your native tongue first. It will be easier to convey ideas before translating to English.

shenazqt

Jun 5, 2021
If you're determined to make this game, here are some helpful resources:
/ - Good for developing a story with branches
- When you want to add 'gameplay' to your story
My personal advice: Start small. Take one or two ideas and make a small story. Work on your 'masterpiece' in the background. That's what I'm doing. If you need small stories, you can always steal get inspired from
Also, since English isn't your native tongue, I would recommend writing your story in your native tongue first. It will be easier to convey ideas before translating to English.
Thank you so much... This was a huge help

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Im sure when coming up with this idea you asked yourself "Why does no one make a game that pleases everyone and has every fetish, that would make so much money!" The answer is quite simple. 1 its impossible to please everyone, and 2 attempting to make a quality game that incorporates a large amount of fetishes is a undertaking one person cant complete
3) No one is able to describe in an interesting enough way all the fetishes and all their variations.

4) You can't have a coherent story if you just throw all the fetishes into it. Many are incompatible and you need to maintain a lot of parallel routes in order to stay consistent.

Deleted member 1952336

Ortus
Game Developer
Jan 18, 2020
If you try to satisfy everyone you will satisfy no one.

If you try to make a game a mile wide (many different things for different people) it will also be an inch deep (not truly satisfy anyone). If you want to satisfy players, think tight and deep.

Preferences for story, graphics, characters, and game mechanics also vary so wildly that you can't make everyone happy in these domains no matter how hard you try.

Reactions: DanThaMan