FTKnight

Oct 10, 2018
I swear it is like no bother's to try reading the change log before playing and complaining... anyways, this has been a good update, and i look forward to more meat ( scenes) in furture updates.

and i know not to expect a huge update* unless the developer get a large enough chunk of funds to both live off of, and afford to pay for outside help.

* unless we give them several months without any form of update*

DVM_

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2021
I swear it is like no bother's to try reading the change log before playing and complaining... anyways, this has been a good update, and i look forward to more meat ( scenes) in furture updates.

and i know not to expect a huge update* unless the developer get a large enough chunk of funds to both live off of, and afford to pay for outside help.

* unless we give them several months without any form of update*
i agree hurry up and make more, im very interested in this games story

Reactions: gillou04091977

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
Since people asked about it earlier, here's an updated version of my AHitD Cheat Mod, a WIP patch I came up with to add cheat and name change options to the intro menus and replace the text backgrounds with text outlines:

Last edited:

willcarlton77

Jul 13, 2017
Just tried to load the mod and it is throwing errors with a lot of lines being listed twice.

I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

The label scheduleHandler is defined twice, at File "Events/HomeSchedule.rpyc", line 51:

and File "game/Events/HomeSchedule.rpy", line 51:

The label _call_EVTCHK_EmilyBathTime is defined twice, at File "Events/HomeSchedule.rpyc", line 53:

and File "game/Events/HomeSchedule.rpy", line 53:

and it continues

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
Just tried to load the mod and it is throwing errors with a lot of lines being listed twice.

I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

The label scheduleHandler is defined twice, at File "Events/HomeSchedule.rpyc", line 51:

and File "game/Events/HomeSchedule.rpy", line 51:

The label _call_EVTCHK_EmilyBathTime is defined twice, at File "Events/HomeSchedule.rpyc", line 53:

and File "game/Events/HomeSchedule.rpy", line 53:

and it continues
I didn't change HomeSchedule. Is it possible my mod isn't causing your problem? If you're certain I did cause this error, please make your errant save file available to me so I can test it on my end.

kikilake12

Jun 1, 2020
Since people asked about it earlier, here's an updated version of my AHitD Cheat Mod, a WIP patch I came up with to add cheat and name change options to the intro menus and replace the text backgrounds with text outlines:
this is what i'm getting when i try to run the game with your mod

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While parsing C:\Users\kjric\Downloads\AHomeInTheDesert-0.3b-pc\game/Scenes/Main/MeetingStanley/Intro.rpy.
Exception: Line with id Introduction_8e12f9f2_1 appeared twice, at game/Scenes/Main/MeetingStanley/Intro.rpy:24 and game/Scenes/Main/MeetingStanley/Intro.rpy:24.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 274, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 490, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "renpy/script.py", line 297, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "renpy/script.py", line 809, in load_appropriate_file
self.finish_load(stmts, initcode, filename=lastfn) # type: ignore
File "renpy/script.py", line 427, in finish_load
self.translator.take_translates(all_stmts)
File "renpy/translation/__init__.py", line 169, in take_translates
n.filename, n.linenumber))
Exception: Line with id Introduction_8e12f9f2_1 appeared twice, at game/Scenes/Main/MeetingStanley/Intro.rpy:24 and game/Scenes/Main/MeetingStanley/Intro.rpy:24.

Windows-10-10.0.22621 AMD64
Ren'Py 7.5.1.22070801

Sat Sep 16 12:21:35 2023

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
this is what i'm getting when i try to run the game with your mod

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While parsing C:\Users\kjric\Downloads\AHomeInTheDesert-0.3b-pc\game/Scenes/Main/MeetingStanley/Intro.rpy.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 274, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 490, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "renpy/script.py", line 297, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "renpy/script.py", line 809, in load_appropriate_file
self.finish_load(stmts, initcode, filename=lastfn) # type: ignore
File "renpy/script.py", line 427, in finish_load
self.translator.take_translates(all_stmts)
File "renpy/translation/__init__.py", line 169, in take_translates
n.filename, n.linenumber))

Windows-10-10.0.22621 AMD64
Ren'Py 7.5.1.22070801

Sat Sep 16 12:21:35 2023
Okay, sorry, I accidentally put some of the files into an extra folder that shouldn't be there. Delete the /game/Scenes/Main/MeetingStanley/Intro/ folder, then reinstall the fixed version of the mod here:

Reactions: Rubber_02

Rubber_02

Aug 2, 2023
So, I don't understand the whole ingredients cooking thing? The fridge is full, but Angeline doesn't cook because there are no ingredients? And yes, I downloaded the 0.3a like 20 minutes ago.
hmm I got around that by buying all possible ingredients. Maybe the reason that she doesnt want to cook is because she wants to cook something but you dont have the ingredients for it.... Hope this helps

Misarmor

Large member
Game Developer
Feb 1, 2023
Im stuck with just working and doing grocery. No new events happening no new choices. what did I miss?
You're likely done with current content, if you quest log is empty.
Make sure you've played Riley's shower peek minigame and went through the "Angelina's movie night" event

Rubber_02

Aug 2, 2023
You're likely done with current content, if you quest log is empty.
Make sure you've played Riley's shower peek minigame and went through the "Angelina's movie night" event
when does that option happen? Im sorry but I do not seem to have been getting any other options.

Rubber_02

Aug 2, 2023
As it's said on the task labels it's "not yet implemented"
Sorry I thought "not yet implemented" meant I have not achieved it yet. Cos I've been waiting for the options to come. Anyway I like the game. I find it interesting. Funny when after she gets off and says that some of it got in her mouth. Shows how she got carried away and stuff hehe.

Reactions: Misarmor

Misarmor

Large member
Game Developer
Feb 1, 2023
Where can I find the list of ingredients for what I need to cook?
Advance the quests until you unlock cooking, all the recipes and ingredients are listed there. 0.3.1 will have a recipe book accessible from the fridge and shopping menu.
In the mean time, Eve tells you what to buy when she's on the couch in the morning.

Last edited:
Reactions: BAKAGUYY
3.00 star(s) 40 Votes