Mod Ren'Py Abandoned A House In The Rift - Gallery Unlocker Mod [v0.5.12r2] [OEJ]

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
thanks, anyway do you know why only the scene Yona "washing ritual" is not working! everything else working fine
If you're using my unlock method (universal one), it unlocks all, except for certain ones that would ruin story (but they get unlocked automatically during story whether you take that path or not). It's a spoiler thing. See my bigger post on it.

Reactions: danvo2004

Shiftlock

Aug 21, 2019
mm doesnt work on this update you put the files in the game folder marks error

Last edited:

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
mm doesnt work on this update you put the files in the game folder marks error
If you're talking about OEJ's files, they are only compatible with the update they're made for. If you're talking about my method instead, it works across all versions (even future) and is universal (provided functions don't change).

Last edited:

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
I'm using yours.. it's doesn't work this time..got error
It does work for Windows and Linux (which means Mac will work).

Just a thought, but the Android APK version might not be cleaning up after itself enough, leaving conflicting stuff behind. Android deployment of APKs is blegh (such as overwriting previously existing files). You might need to back up your saves, do a genuine wipe of the app folder and app storage, then install and move saves back. You can also try changing the init python line. Maybe +1000000.

Last edited:

Shiftlock

Aug 21, 2019
If you're talking about OEJ's files, they are only compatible with the update they're made for. If you're talking about my method instead, it works across all versions (even future) and is universal (provided functions don't change).
dosent work i dont know what im doing wrong now both of them are updated but it still marks error just when i put the mode in the game files it marks error but when i remove it from the game folder runs pretty good
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: Name (u'game/scripts/00_renpy_extensions/01_statement_block.rpy', 1575100374, 810) is defined twice, at game/AHouseInTheRift-0.5.5r2-Gallery_Unlocker (1)/00_renpy_extensions/01_statement_block.rpyc:1 and scripts/00_renpy_extensions/01_statement_block.rpyc:1.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\brend\Downloads\AHouseInTheRift-0.5.10r2-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 316, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\brend\Downloads\AHouseInTheRift-0.5.10r2-pc\renpy\main.py", line 422, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "C:\Users\brend\Downloads\AHouseInTheRift-0.5.10r2-pc\renpy\script.py", line 275, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "C:\Users\brend\Downloads\AHouseInTheRift-0.5.10r2-pc\renpy\script.py", line 779, in load_appropriate_file
self.finish_load(stmts, initcode, filename=lastfn)
File "C:\Users\brend\Downloads\AHouseInTheRift-0.5.10r2-pc\renpy\script.py", line 456, in finish_load
check_name(node)
File "C:\Users\brend\Downloads\AHouseInTheRift-0.5.10r2-pc\renpy\script.py", line 439, in check_name
bad_node.filename, bad_node.linenumber))
ScriptError: Name (u'game/scripts/00_renpy_extensions/01_statement_block.rpy', 1575100374, 810) is defined twice, at game/AHouseInTheRift-0.5.5r2-Gallery_Unlocker (1)/00_renpy_extensions/01_statement_block.rpyc:1 and scripts/00_renpy_extensions/01_statement_block.rpyc:1.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606

Sat Oct 09 21:20:10 2021

Last edited:

Munkieshines

Nov 12, 2018
OEJ
getting this when i transfer the Scripts folder into the Game folder as the Installation instructions say to do, suggestions?

larrylaile1

Jan 20, 2021
How do I unlock the gallery using your method? Is there an app I have to download? Couldn't find the "game/unlock_all.rpy " in the game folder as listed in one of your earlier posts. Completely new to this so not exactly certain what needs to be done.

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
To anyone getting errors: Get a completely clean download. CLEAN FOLDER. You can't just drag ang drop/copy a new version over the old... you end up with script remnants from prior versions that can conflict. You can do that with saves, but not Ren'Py games (rarely, dev must develop with that kind of mindset beforehand). For OEJ's mod, you must wait until 0.5.10r2 is released. Mine instead, always works.

And there is no need to use my own method with OEJ's method, one or the other. Mine works by overriding the unlock-detection functions, a small and universal+future-proof method (so far, across many versions). OEJ's overwrites and is unique to each version. Mine doesn't spoil the phone app stuff, though (but will unlock regardless of path in story as you progress). It does unlock all gallery content, though. Although I can add the necessary stuff to show even that if people ask (no one has, so far).

How do I unlock the gallery using your method? Is there an app I have to download? Couldn't find the "game/unlock_all.rpy " in the game folder as listed in one of your earlier posts. Completely new to this so not exactly certain what needs to be done.
Check the thread. My first post contained actual code to do it. Again, only OEJ's mod or mine, don't add both. Clean copy of the game. (Keep your saves, of course. They'll work.)

Not going to answer any more questions, it is very simple and straight-forward. Wait until OEJ's matches same version of game or use mine, which works on all, including new versions.

Last edited:

babybear222

Dec 9, 2019
To anyone getting errors: Get a completely clean download. CLEAN FOLDER. You can't just drag ang drop/copy a new version over the old... you end up with script remnants from prior versions that can conflict. You can do that with saves, but not Ren'Py games (rarely, dev must develop with that kind of mindset beforehand). For OEJ's mod, you must wait until 0.5.10r2 is released. Mine instead, always works.

And there is no need to use my own method with OEJ's method, one or the other. Mine works by overriding the unlock-detection functions, a small and universal+future-proof method (so far, across many versions). OEJ's overwrites and is unique to each version. Mine doesn't spoil the phone app stuff, though (but will unlock regardless of path in story as you progress). It does unlock all gallery content, though. Although I can add the necessary stuff to show even that if people ask (no one has, so far).

Check the thread. My first post contained actual code to do it. Again, only OEJ's mod or mine, don't add both. Clean copy of the game. (Keep your saves, of course. They'll work.)

Not going to answer any more questions, it is very simple and straight-forward. Wait until OEJ's matches same version of game or use mine, which works on all, including new versions.
Thanks for your method !?

larrylaile1

Jan 20, 2021
Cool. I finally understood what had to be done. I was just mindlessly trying to find a file named " unlock_all.rpy " in the game directory of the original game. Wasn't aware that I should have been creating a new file instead.

Thanks.

Jun 5, 2020
I would recommend a far easier way of doing all of this. This will work across all future versions and is just one script...

game/unlock_all.rpy:
Python:
init +1 python:

store.check_unlock = lambda x: True

store.SceneGalleryEntry.unlocked = lambda x: True

store.gallery_app.unlocked = lambda x: True
It simply overwrites the functions for judging whether something is unlocked rather than overwriting and maintaining files and versions. Future-compatible unless author changes stuff relating to the unlock algorithms (except digest keys which won't matter).

If it is desired, I can bother adding the line to reveal the spoilers in the Dreamer Pro Plus "app" but I think for those who play games for story that I shouldn't. They'll auto-unlock with the above when you reach certain points in the story without needing to be viewed.
Where do you put it I am on window but dont know where the rpy file is at

wadere

Jan 6, 2018
here is the file just add it to you game folder
would be great if i could find how to download it. right click on the file only save it as a web link, same on the box. left click on the file only open another window with the code, right click there download it as a damn .txt . draging the file somewhere also save it as a web link. do i need to put the konami code in an emulator on the 32 of december while praying to pastajesus for the link to work or did i miss something?