Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Also insane names. Like, who in the right mind would call their child something that is spelled with an em dash (look it up...), squidward (yes, a guy actually tried) or Paris. And yet alas they do.

Names are just as bad as dates really.
It may depend on the country you live in. I mean a name like "X Æ A-12" has the advantage of informing institutions about who should not have kids but otherwise is just assholery by the parents, agreed. (Though, if you are referring to the famous story of "Le-a", pronounced "Ledasha" because of the dash, that has been debunked IIRC)

On the other hand you have countries where there is a list of approved first names and there is no way to get a different one, not even a different spelling. There are countries which do not regulate that much by law but you have to have a certain spelling just because the language has a perfect spelling-pronunciation connection. Some allow for names recognized in other countries others don't.

More pertinent to the discussion here, until quite recently German law included that any kid must have at least one given name from which the gender is recognizable to normal German people - so there is one name which is not unisex, not from a different culture, etc. Which is why many decendants from migrants have a seemingly random assortment of letters as a name with one sore thing sticking out like "Mologuludolo Kurt Malalalalobombo" - but then the Kurt will normally not be used except for official papers (although I know one guy who wants his "Karl" to be used together with the rest of his definitely-not-European-at-all name). However, this law has been canceled due to amongst other things precisely the problem we have here: what is a clearly male name and who is to decide? Northerners have at least in part other names than southerners, so everybody around Hamburg would know whether the Frisian name "Onne" is male or female - but nobody around Munich would even recognize that it's a name.

Reactions: Evil13

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
It may depend on the country you live in. I mean a name like "X Æ A-12" has the advantage of informing institutions about who should not have kids but otherwise is just assholery by the parents, agreed. (Though, if you are referring to the famous story of "Le-a", pronounced "Ledasha" because of the dash, that has been debunked IIRC)
That reminds me of when the artist sang under the name Ke$ha, I know some people referred to her as "Kadollarha."

• Haha
Reactions: Cartageno

Dunner

Aug 14, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Ahhh I see. It makes more sense now. I thought it's another incident where someone started doing something off topic (Being a Dik) and the comment got axed by the mods but the reply remained. Good to know it was a constructive discussion then.

And yeah I agree different world, different rules no problem with that. As I said I love the story so I'd love to know more about the worlds the girls came from.

I'm not sure how that would work. Someone would have to steal it from the MC maybe? It's sitting in your inventory right now so unless there is a mishap somehow I don't see any more scenes like that, unfortunately. At least not with that item. I'm with you on the goth El though. They have made a habit of showing off multiple costumes and not letting us have any fun with them...
I'm thinking Rae would look at it to make sure it's safe and after she figures out what the item actually does she either tells the MC or everyone that the item is safe to use. If we're continuing the trend of "girls try magic makeup by themselves" then I'm pretty sure Rae would be trying it for the sake of trying it, Naomi would either try it to prove a point or because she wants to have a laugh and Yona may be curious about this strange way to add war paint.
I'm excluding the obvious option where the MC just asks them to try some makeup.

I do wonder if it turns out to be a more mystical item instead. As in the set holds the souls of different women that used it in the past and we'd have to find a way to save them by either allowing them to "live with the girls" so to speak (and thus get to switch "costumes" for the reminder of the day/until the player changes them back), find their original bodies frozen in the ether or simply free their souls.
I may be looking a bit too much into this tho :ROFLMAO:

sirhelium

Sep 8, 2020
Hey, im back playing after losing my pc and my whole progress with it.

I was when the mc was traveling to the "regular world" with caith for the first time, can somebody share a save file with progress up to the point i mentioned? i would appreciate.

segaegae

Dec 5, 2021
I'm thinking Rae would look at it to make sure it's safe and after she figures out what the item actually does she either tells the MC or everyone that the item is safe to use. If we're continuing the trend of "girls try magic makeup by themselves" then I'm pretty sure Rae would be trying it for the sake of trying it, Naomi would either try it to prove a point or because she wants to have a laugh and Yona may be curious about this strange way to add war paint.
I'm excluding the obvious option where the MC just asks them to try some makeup.

I do wonder if it turns out to be a more mystical item instead. As in the set holds the souls of different women that used it in the past and we'd have to find a way to save them by either allowing them to "live with the girls" so to speak (and thus get to switch "costumes" for the reminder of the day/until the player changes them back), find their original bodies frozen in the ether or simply free their souls.
I may be looking a bit too much into this tho :ROFLMAO:
Probably the next step is Mc trying it himself. For some reason this item always fails to reach rae...

• Haha
Reactions: Dunner

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Probably the next step is Mc trying it himself. For some reason this item always fails to reach rae...
True, but I can't really see anyone else wanting to use it. Naomi doesn't trust it and Blair doesn't like magic at all. I would also think Rae is smart enough to not mess with it. I have a feeling it's going to turn into another ice cream item where it sits in the inventory with no further purpose.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Dunner

Dunner

Aug 14, 2017
True, but I can't really see anyone else wanting to use it. Naomi doesn't trust it and Blair doesn't like magic at all. I would also think Rae is smart enough to not mess with it. I have a feeling it's going to turn into another ice cream item where it sits in the inventory with no further purpose.
We can only wait and see. It's an item with potential.

Reactions: shitass1001

segaegae

Dec 5, 2021
You know how this works:
I should hand it to rae asap-> rae is nowhere to be found. -> okay I shall keep it for a while. -> So what is so special about it? -> It won't hurt to take a better look at it. -> ... ->...-> well, it will. -> I cannot handle it. I should give it to rae -> rae is again nowhere to be found. -> Okay I, or maybe better someone else need to hold it for a while. -> ...

Everyone is doomed if rae doesn't take care of it soon. But unless rae had seen or read about something like this, she would probably mess with it as well... They need to be sure what they found before deciding how to deal with it.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
You know how this works:
I should hand it to rae asap-> rae is nowhere to be found. -> okay I shall keep it for a while. -> So what is so special about it? -> It won't hurt to take a better look at it. -> ... ->...-> well, it will. -> I cannot handle it. I should give it to rae -> rae is again nowhere to be found. -> Okay I, or maybe better someone else need to hold it for a while. -> ...

Everyone is doomed if rae doesn't take care of it soon. But unless rae had seen or read about something like this, she would probably mess with it as well... They need to be sure what they found before deciding how to deal with it.
That's like letting a snake bite you to find out if it's poisonous or not. It doesn't make sense to me but I guess we'll find out eventually.

segaegae

Dec 5, 2021
That's like letting a snake bite you to find out if it's poisonous or not. It doesn't make sense to me but I guess we'll find out eventually.
It happens twice already. It is not a simple snake, it is a innocent looking, magical snake that somehow alter the people's mind. Be glad they are not murdering each other right now.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
It happens twice already. It is not a simple snake, it is a innocent looking, magical snake that somehow alter the people's mind. Be glad they are not murdering each other right now.
Well, whatever happens with the thing I'm okay with it if it leads to sexy time with goth El.

brymont92

Jun 12, 2017
Theres a new poll on patreon:

Where would you rather spend a month?
You have to spend a month in one place. You have everything you need for sustenance, but you cannot leave.

1692206217248.png

This is my go, i just hope Caits friends (Cant remeber her name, but god i hope we get content from her soon) visit me from time to time

kisame83

Oct 1, 2019
Michel (pronounced the same as Michelle) is a male name if you use that spelling.
iirc, something like this was basically the plot of the film Eurotrip. MC thought his online chat buddy was a guy, tells him off when "he flirts," only to be told that it's a female name in her country lol. I think the spelling was a little different and the issue was he was mispronouncing it.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
iirc, something like this was basically the plot of the film Eurotrip. MC thought his online chat buddy was a guy, tells him off when "he flirts," only to be told that it's a female name in her country lol. I think the spelling was a little different and the issue was he was mispronouncing it.
He understood "Mieke" as "Mike". To be fair, most Germans wouldn't know Mieke, that's a prrreetttyyy regional name. Though the similar "Meike" is quite common.

Jul 13, 2018
My Norton 360 mobile security started showing the app in Android as a Malaware. Any idea on how to fix this?
If you want to run the exe you need to exclude it from blocked programs, Open norton and look for history, than look for the blocked/removed exe and choose to exclude/restore it so you can play the game. Recommend useing windows defender, malware bytes and virus total to filter out most viruses instead of norton because it destroys CPU's from my personal experience. The load norton put on my CPU caused my laptop casing and charger wire melt just from running in the background. :HideThePain:

Reactions: ksrkblaze

ksrkblaze

May 31, 2018
If you want to run the exe you need to exclude it from blocked programs, Open norton and look for history, than look for the blocked/removed exe and choose to exclude/restore it so you can play the game. Recommend useing windows defender, malware bytes and virus total to filter out most viruses instead of norton because it destroys CPU's from my personal experience. The load norton put on my CPU caused my laptop casing and charger wire melt just from running in the background. :HideThePain:
Well, actually its Norton 360 mobile. If it were windows I would have did something already and fixed it.

4.70 star(s) 318 Votes