alextp2651

Dec 9, 2017
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <renpy.display.im.Image object (u'girls/blair/routes/side/activities/garage_morning_shelves_hangout/01_01.webp') at 0x00000000397cd1d0>:
IOError: Couldn't find file 'girls/blair/routes/side/activities/garage_morning_shelves_hangout/01_01.webp'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "scripts/engine/navigation/navigator_scripts.rpyc", line 5, in script call
  File "scripts/girls/blair/talk_scripts/garage/blair_garage_morning_hangout.rpyc", line 220, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 930, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 1473, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/character.py", line 1352, in __call__
    self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, dtt=dtt, **display_args)
  File "renpy/character.py", line 1006, in do_display
    **display_args)
  File "renpy/character.py", line 693, in display_say
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 299, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3579, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 4172, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2782, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "render.pyx", line 492, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
  File "render.pyx", line 266, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 886, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "render.pyx", line 170, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "renpy/display/transition.py", line 379, in render
    top = render(self.new_widget, width, height, st, at)
  File "renpy/display/transform.py", line 909, in render
    return RenderTransform(self).render(width, height, st, at)
  File "accelerator.pyx", line 979, in renpy.display.accelerator.RenderTransform.render
  File "accelerator.pyx", line 404, in renpy.display.accelerator.RenderTransform.render_child
  File "renpy/display/image.py", line 513, in render
    return wrap_render(self.target, width, height, st, at)
  File "renpy/display/image.py", line 316, in wrap_render
    rend = render(child, w, h, st, at)
  File "renpy/display/im.py", line 676, in render
    return cache.get(self, render=True)
  File "renpy/display/im.py", line 330, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "renpy/display/im.py", line 803, in load
    raise e
IOError: Couldn't find file 'girls/blair/routes/side/activities/garage_morning_shelves_hangout/01_01.webp'.

Windows-10-10.0.22621 AMD64
Ren'Py 7.6.1.23060707
A House in the Rift 0.6.16r1
Sun Aug 20 10:45:53 2023

alextp2651

Dec 9, 2017
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <renpy.display.im.Image object (u'girls/blair/routes/side/activities/garage_morning_shelves_hangout/01_01.webp') at 0x00000000397cd1d0>:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "scripts/engine/navigation/navigator_scripts.rpyc", line 5, in script call
  File "scripts/girls/blair/talk_scripts/garage/blair_garage_morning_hangout.rpyc", line 220, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 930, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 1473, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/character.py", line 1352, in __call__
    self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, dtt=dtt, **display_args)
  File "renpy/character.py", line 1006, in do_display
    **display_args)
  File "renpy/character.py", line 693, in display_say
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 299, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3579, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 4172, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2782, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "render.pyx", line 492, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
  File "renpy/display/transition.py", line 379, in render
    top = render(self.new_widget, width, height, st, at)
  File "renpy/display/transform.py", line 909, in render
    return RenderTransform(self).render(width, height, st, at)
  File "accelerator.pyx", line 979, in renpy.display.accelerator.RenderTransform.render
  File "accelerator.pyx", line 404, in renpy.display.accelerator.RenderTransform.render_child
  File "renpy/display/image.py", line 513, in render
    return wrap_render(self.target, width, height, st, at)
  File "renpy/display/image.py", line 316, in wrap_render
    rend = render(child, w, h, st, at)
  File "renpy/display/im.py", line 676, in render
    return cache.get(self, render=True)
  File "renpy/display/im.py", line 330, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "renpy/display/im.py", line 803, in load
    raise e

Windows-10-10.0.22621 AMD64
Ren'Py 7.6.1.23060707
A House in the Rift 0.6.16r1
Sun Aug 20 10:45:53 2023
this is the first time that i found an error on this game

segaegae

Dec 5, 2021
ZanithOne
Reactions to 0.6.16:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I believe the new hang out quest (for naomi at least) is just a reminder of side content that you might miss, there isn't anything new for naomi and cait atm, it is just you might not get all the scene in the previous play. For example, to finish the naomi's hang out quest, you need to sit with her at the doorway, with and without giving her whiskey.

In fact I was expecting the old drunk to get involved in cait's search. Before cait went back to university, she would mention her dreams, including these lines:

cait "And then I met this nice old man who comes to clean the potion making equipment from time to time. He was there, too!"
cait "He was talking to me, although he never really talked to me, just told me I was, um, a clever little lass, he said this one time..."

And if you have met the drunk, she would continue as:

cait "And he said I should visit, and that it shouldn't be too difficult, since, um, he said, I have a mighty steed handy..."
cait "I didn't understand what he meant, but he looked at me like he knows everything and it was so weird!"

Otherwise, she would say:

cait "And he said I should visit, and that it might be difficult, but I have a good teacher..."
cait "I didn't understand what he meant, but he looked at me like he knows everything and it was so weird!"

So this drunk we see is "the nice old man" mentioned by cait.
My personal thoughts about his first encounter is that he is spying on MC, rae, naomi. Rae mentions that they are already exposed upon arrival, so it is natural that the university senses something and wants to investigate. Given the place chosen by Rae, it is probably the most proper disgust.
But the most wield thing here is, what the people in cait's dream would say, depends on what the REAL peason knows and thinks, instead of what cait THINKS he would know and think. So this means people in the house could receive message from outside worlds by just dreaming.

Last edited:
Reactions: ExcelExcel

JoeyMcFly

Aug 4, 2020
Android launcher has a virus
So I've put the launcher APK through VirusTotal - - and I think that it miiiiight be a false positive, but I'm far from being an expert.
Based on some Googling I did on the two detections:
Avast-Mobile's Evo-gen detection is fairly likely to be a false flag, because it's a heuristic detection and seems to create false positives ALL the time, for all sorts of apps.
Symantec Mobile Insights' detection is a bit more.... uncertain. Can't make heads or tails of it, although I have seen one (yes, just one) post on github about a false positive with that identifier as well, so who knows.

Reactions: Legendoarios21

segaegae

Dec 5, 2021
I can imagine someone playing a "reject Rae" path. Without Rae's help and affection, the MC is trapped in the house alone except for a hostile, rejected succubus in the attic. He eventually dies of boredom.
True.
In such a case, AngryRejectedRae may want test that hypothesis.
Just the idea that you're trapped with a pretty succubus who is friendly and helpful....then you want to reject her and potentially get her angry.
Simple way to play reject rae path: delete the game.

Rae would force MC into the training. Fists still work even magic does not.
According to what we know, if MC dies, then the house would probably collapse, and Rae would be trapped in the middle of nothing, so probably Rae would do her best to keep MC alive.

Stringy Bob

Apr 12, 2021
So I've put the launcher APK through VirusTotal - - and I think that it miiiiight be a false positive, but I'm far from being an expert.
Based on some Googling I did on the two detections:
Avast-Mobile's Evo-gen detection is fairly likely to be a false flag, because it's a heuristic detection and seems to create false positives ALL the time, for all sorts of apps.
Symantec Mobile Insights' detection is a bit more.... uncertain. Can't make heads or tails of it, although I have seen one (yes, just one) post on github about a false positive with that identifier as well, so who knows.
Both of them are heuristic. Heuristic detection is prone to false flagging. Although as a rule of thumb if it were 4 or more well known AV's flagging it due to heuristics I'd be concerned.

ED Your milage may vary

BrockLanders

Aug 8, 2020
is the story even close to finished yet? This ones been going on for a while now
I doubt it. There is a lot of foreshadowing being alluded to. The most magical NPCs are acting like Voldemort is coming or something, so I feel like either a great resolution will be part of the story that may be tied to the health of the house or possibly the effect its creation is having on those worlds and their ether. will be explored It seems like something is developing but it has barely come to the forefront, so expect much more development in my opinion.

The most difficult thing for me as I play along while the game is being created is trying to remember what repeatable actions build intimacy or lewdness with the LIs after waiting a few months between updates. For instance, I am one point away from most likely maxing out Rae's current intimacy limit. It was raised the last update before this one, but I don't remember what the hell I have to do. Maybe treat her to a spirit walk for breakfast? Cait is easy this time around... just sit in her beanbag with her, but I honestly need to write down what actual actions add points to the stats if I ever start over again.

I am quite sure that all of these additional little touches will fit in well on a new game playthrough. It just feels a little shallow for many players just because we're caught up.

Rohit789

Nov 28, 2018
How do I update in Android without deleting everything, I downloaded the hi res pack in last version along with the launcher, now what to I've to download to update?

Eonor

Sep 9, 2017
Made a compressed Android port of A House in the Rift v0.6.16r1.

Got some basic gestures loaded in: swipe up for save menu, swipe down to hide UI, swipe left to rollback and swipe right to skip.

Please let me know if you encounter any issues with the port and I'll see what I can do to get them sorted.

Links:

segaegae

Dec 5, 2021
is the story even close to finished yet? This ones been going on for a while now
The "main story", if there is any, could finish at any moment. It could also be continued indefinitely. It is all up to dev.
My personal thought is, since the game is doing well, there is little reason for dev to finish this. Most likely, only when players get board, dev starts to lose patreons, will this story finish. It is not likely to happen anytime soon, now that Rae doesn't even talk about training and leaving the house anymore.

VeggieNeptunia

Nov 30, 2017
This game, the Dik one, Where the heart is, Pale Carnation and harem hotel are the best ongoing games in this forum... but this one is the weakest one in romance

4.70 star(s) 318 Votes