Hones

Forum Fanatic
Game Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
Yes, always "Talk" option and not the other one
Sorry I'm not sure then, I didn't have any issues with that event on any of my play throughs, Have you done Reas of events yet? Like the fight? I did her cooking after her story so maybe there is a trigger??
Better to wait for Zanith or someone else to give you better help.

Runastia

May 11, 2018
Sorry I'm not sure then, I didn't have any issues with that event on any of my play throughs, Have you done Reas of events yet? Like the fight? I did her cooking after her story so maybe there is a trigger??
Better to wait for Zanith or someone else to give you better help.
I got her story part done just her 2nd got stuck :/

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Game Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
Added a few more sigs to my earlier post - Here or see Spoiler below.
I will likely make 2 or 3 more, I seem to have overly favored Rea and only made one for Naomi
Rea is best girl though so can you really blame me
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
A_Common_Crab as promised your notification

Last edited:

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
not really, some events increase the maximum, im asking if there is some kind of list showing those events
Second event of each girl's base route for intimacy limit and 5th for lewdness limit. That's it for now. I'm still not sure if I want to develop this mechanic further, but I have some ideas.

I'm not apologizing.
Rude :cautious: But actually HH being one of my favorite games is a big part of why I started making this game

Btw there used to be a phone app with questions from a blue haired girl or something like that, what happened to that?
Coming back in 0.3.2 with a slight rework, cut from 0.3.0 due to not having time to update for the new progression system.

I got her story part done just her 2nd got stuck :/
You need to find two ingredient items to proceed, I'll do something about the RNG in the future versions. For now, just keep searching.

Reactions: saru341

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
Added a few more sigs to my earlier post - Here or see Spoiler below.
I will likely make 2 or 3 more, I seem to have overly favored Rea and only made one for Naomi
Rea is best girl though so can you really blame me
Is it bad form to use a fan sig for your own game? :unsure:

pklmjn

Oct 9, 2018
Second event of each girl's base route for intimacy limit and 5th for lewdness limit. That's it for now. I'm still not sure if I want to develop this mechanic further, but I have some ideas.
If you develop it further there's currently a bug/strange behaviour with update_lewdness(self, change, up_to = 0): Grind Azra's lewdness up to 15 by peeking in the shower, bring it to 16 by breakfast, then peek again and it's reduced to 15.
Reason: the shower scene calls Azraesha.get().update_lewdness(1, 15) , this sets her maximum lewdness for the calculation to 15. If this is unintended, you need some case differentiation for up_to < self.lewdness_limit.

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
If you develop it further there's currently a bug/strange behaviour with update_lewdness(self, change, up_to = 0): Grind Azra's lewdness up to 15 by peeking in the shower, bring it to 16 by breakfast, then peek again and it's reduced to 15.
Reason: the shower scene calls Azraesha.get().update_lewdness(1, 15) , this sets her maximum lewdness for the calculation to 15. If this is unintended, you need some case differentiation for up_to < self.lewdness_limit.
Uh, nothing like a bit of drunk coding to set the stage for some unintended consequences. Thanks, will fix it in the next version.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I've been thinking about the question of sprites versus unique images, and I think that something in the middle would be a good idea. Don't have unique images for minor events, but have them specific to the location rather than generic with a layered background.
Something like this is what I'm thinking:
A minor scene in the game now: base1.png base2.png base3.png
How I imagine it could look: mod1.png mod2.png mod3.png
Obviously major events are still going to want unique images, but I think this could be an improvement for the minor events.

Reactions: asd33asd33

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
It's a weird one, man.

On the 3.0 version, I had the archives unpacked and the rpycs converted to rpys, as well as the console and dev menu enabled. Oldest saves are on page three.
I checked your saves, the last one throws a label error, although this script file wan't modified since August. Might be related to the unpacking. Other than that it seems that the migration is doing what it should, new Rae events appear fine for me.

I've been thinking about the question of sprites versus unique images, and I think that something in the middle would be a good idea. Don't have unique images for minor events, but have them specific to the location rather than generic with a layered background.
Something like this is what I'm thinking:
Obviously major events are still going to want unique images, but I think this could be an improvement for the minor events.
It does look good, but there's the rub, there are 3 different locations for Rae alone ATM, with at least two more being added in the 0.3.3, so to make a full complement of talk images that's 6-8 emotions × 3 times of day × 5 locations. That's, like, a lot of renders for a single girl, and then if she gets additional clothing choices, have to do the full set again. I think I'm going to try making semi-animated sprites look good for now, maybe do a test with video sprites.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
It does look good, but there's the rub, there are 3 different locations for Rae alone ATM, with at least two more being added in the 0.3.3, so to make a full complement of talk images that's 6-8 emotions × 3 times of day × 5 locations. That's, like, a lot of renders for a single girl, and then if she gets additional clothing choices, have to do the full set again. I think I'm going to try making semi-animated sprites look good for now, maybe do a test with video sprites.
That's assuming you need all three times of day in every location though, which is only the case for her room (and the lighting there doesn't actually change, so that would still only be one set of renders). It would be a few more images, sure, but it would look so much better. Especially for Naomi, who presently has serious problems if you trigger one of these minor scenes in the morning – sitting in her room and working out in the attic both have different outfits, and the sprites are way too brightly lit for the attic.
If we look at Naomi, adding her three other outfits for the layered sprite method, that's 6 emotions × 4 outfits compared to 6 emotions × 6 outfit-location-time combinations. That isn't all that many more, and with a library of these renders to call on some story scenes could be done with these and just a few unique renders which would lead to savings in the future. It'll be interesting to see how the animated sprites go, but I wouldn't dismiss generic location images completely. I mean, you're already doing this in some places, right? It would just be an expansion of that.

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
That's assuming you need all three times of day in every location though, which is only the case for her room (and the lighting there doesn't actually change, so that would still only be one set of renders). It would be a few more images, sure, but it would look so much better. Especially for Naomi, who presently has serious problems if you trigger one of these minor scenes in the morning – sitting in her room and working out in the attic both have different outfits, and the sprites are way too brightly lit for the attic.
If we look at Naomi, adding her three other outfits for the layered sprite method, that's 6 emotions × 4 outfits compared to 6 emotions × 6 outfit-location-time combinations. That isn't all that many more, and with a library of these renders to call on some story scenes could be done with these and just a few unique renders which would lead to savings in the future. It'll be interesting to see how the animated sprites go, but I wouldn't dismiss generic location images completely. I mean, you're already doing this in some places, right? It would just be an expansion of that.
Fair, fair. I was kinda set on the sprites but maybe such renders would indeed be more appropriate. Need to think some more about it now.

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
04girls_ext.png We're having another poll at my Patreon page. This is a big one, deciding on the next major character being added to the game. This is a fetish/kink poll, too, cause each of the girls has her own trait.

One of them is violent, but ultimately submissive. Another one doesn't even know it yet, but the thing she actually wants the most is being fucked until she's a drooling mess. And the third one won't be able to live without being stuffed full of sex toys once she gets a taste of modern technology.

The poll is there btw -

4.70 star(s) 315 Votes