zerdeca

Jun 15, 2017
Are they the dreams you can choose to have at night?

If so, I've only seen the required ones.

On the other hand, what exactly are hidden items for? I think I've got one, or maybe two. As they don't seem to be something relevant to the plot I haven't looked further.
The hidden items are just extra renders you unlock. They aren't relevant to the story

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
The hidden items are just extra renders you unlock. They aren't relevant to the story
I don't think I'm actively looking for them. I guess there will be a gallery or something like that to see these things, but the truth is that I haven't noticed it.

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Apr 6, 2018
Was enough for me to put it into the game folder. I don't think the game is usually installed at all, just unpacked.

omglolguy32

Dec 10, 2019
Can someone please help me? I tried finding the item around the house that unlocks the two images of Lyriel as maid in the gallery on the phone. I got the putting on socks images, knocking over the lamp images, and the japanese-like bathing suit images. Just not two images that look like Lyriel is in a maid outfit with a dildo or something. I've completed the last version fully and searched high and low, couldn't find it.

I'm trying to find the item in the current version but still can't find it, I have all other images collected. In the guide it talks about a stain on the couch, but that one has never ever popped up for me. As I said, i'm in the newest version, have done everything related to Lyriel, but I can't seem to find the item for those two images. I'm there in the morning, but there are no stains. I clicked every single inch of the couch, nothing.

EDIT
Finally after skipping through a full week I found the spots on a Saturday morning. Monday through Friday they weren't there, but on Saturday they were. Finally, I spend hours in the current and last version trying for it to show... that one was definitely the hardest to get to show.

Last edited:
Reactions: ZanithOne

Squarblesport

Nov 9, 2020
I think I have finished the 100% of the activities with the girls (at least, I only see "End of route for the current version" in all of them in the phone), but when the MC goes to sleep only gets "Dream about -- Playing a game in your phone?"

What was that "Bunny Lounge" and who was "Annie"? I don´t remember. It was the scene with Naomi in the bar?
We met Annie before in the pre-scenes added a few updates ago where there was some action in the "real world". Annie was the vlogger who liked it up the poop chute. It was nice to see her again.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Was enough for me to put it into the game folder. I don't think the game is usually installed at all, just unpacked.
OK it worked but it doesn't seem to have patched my version, still showing v0.5.8r1 an can't trigger new events (end of content in side quests of the girls)

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
We met Annie before in the pre-scenes added a few updates ago where there was some action in the "real world". Annie was the vlogger who liked it up the poop chute. It was nice to see her again.
Well, more of like a daydream than "real world action". She also was already at the lounge, watching enthusiastically while you screw the doorgirl.

Apr 15, 2020
Hmm it seems like I can't trigger any of the new content events, except for the dream scene.
For Lyriel it says "Check on Lyriel in the library" but i can only talk, help her with the cleaning, propose going to her room or ask her to.. and none of it triggers the event.
Same thing for Cait. It says "Visit the library when Rae and Cait are studying" but the onoly option there is "Study with the girls".
Any suggestions are welcome and I attached my save for the case that it would be relevant to look into it.

afedvfe

Oct 8, 2020
Hmm it seems like I can't trigger any of the new content events, except for the dream scene.
For Lyriel it says "Check on Lyriel in the library" but i can only talk, help her with the cleaning, propose going to her room or ask her to.. and none of it triggers the event.
Same thing for Cait. It says "Visit the library when Rae and Cait are studying" but the onoly option there is "Study with the girls".
Any suggestions are welcome and I attached my save for the case that it would be relevant to look into it.
You need to go to the library at the appropriate time. Just go to the library, see if a new event triggers, if it doesn't then skip time and try again later

Reactions: ZanithOne

beeleeteapee

Nov 12, 2017
1631390559648.png Send help this is driving me nuts. I've tried running as admin and putting it (and the game) in various folders and none of the attempts work.

Apr 15, 2020
You need to go to the library at the appropriate time. Just go to the library, see if a new event triggers, if it doesn't then skip time and try again later
Okay it seems like when I already am inside the library and skip to a point where the characters are inside leaving and then entering won't trigger the event...

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
I want to see the plot advance, more unique events with the girls, and know more about the older characters in the game, specially Rae. She was the first (and best, IMO) girl, and she has been forgotten for way too long.

Those events that you talk about are, in the best case scenario, baby steps for the advance of the plot. Or even filling material, like the one of the birdcage, some of the ones of Naomi in her world, just going around and arguing with an old man, or Lyriel just talking with her friends about magazines. Something new and important should happen soon in the plot of this game.
Rae's story push is next on the menu, and the overall story will pick up within a few months.

Love the update, but I have doubts about the music choice for THAT scene
Oh... Yeah... Music...

Ohh I really like the new Lyriel thumbnail! Does she wear that costume in game or is planned to be? I haven’t got to play for a couple of versions
She is wearing it in the Bunny Lounge.

Update Patch is asking for a password
It definitely shouldn't, please redownload it.

I don't know why, but I've been getting fairly poor performance sometimes, it's intermittent rather than constant but from time to time it freezes for a second when trying to open a menu or quit the game. Doesn't seem to happen when going through scenes, just menus. Not just like the in-game menus like the phone, but also the save and load menus, which is weird because I wouldn't have thought that those were likely to have been changed much from stock Renpy.
Yeah, there is an issue, and it's way too random to reproduce. It could be the new gallery persistence code, it merges and re-saves everything from time to time and could be causing slowdowns on autosaves and the like. I'll disable some parts of it for 0.5.10 and we'll see if the issue goes away.

I don't know if it's a big enough deal to do anything about, but when playing this update I talked to Cait at the pool in the afternoon then immediately she was in in her normal clothes to ask about visiting her home, it was a little odd her going from her bikini to her normal clothes in one transition. Maybe it would be worth tweaking that system a little so it would only trigger on changing room, not changing time? That would make it less jarring, I think, since there would be a short period where she isn't on the screen. The same would apply to any of the other girls when they approach us to talk to us too.

The in-game menus like the phone and inventory are semantically menus, I think. Probably a good idea to bind the 'gamemenu' key to close/back within them.
The clothing is controlled by a schedule manager, and the schedule system is a big mess by now. I have a workaround planned for the issue you mentioned, though. I'll be adding an additional "walk around" requirement to triggers like this one, when someone approaches you. This way the talks won't ever start right after the time advance.

I don't understand the update patch I've tried 2 times on 2 different versions it says it completed and updated to the newest version but when I load the game its still the old one and the update program says its been updated so I can't re do it
What's the entry in the register ? I'll edit it to install the 5.8 to 5.9 patch
OK it worked but it doesn't seem to have patched my version, still showing v0.5.8r1 an can't trigger new events (end of content in side quests of the girls)
Send help this is driving me nuts. I've tried running as admin and putting it (and the game) in various folders and none of the attempts work.
Unfortunately, the patching process is very unstable. The patches themselves are made with a generic binary patching solution, so any modification of the game might break it. If you are using any mod (gallery unlocker etc) or otherwise modified the game files in any way, the patch is likely to fail. I can't really do anything about it, so just redownload the full game, please.

the library and skip to a point where the characters are inside leaving and then entering won't trigger the event...
Yeah, this particular event is a bit finicky, maybe I should change the requirements. The thing is, you are supposed to walk in on Lyri doing some stuff, and it kinda feels weird when this event start when you are already in the library.

4.70 star(s) 318 Votes