mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
The anchor is what prevents them from permanently returning to their worlds.
Their worlds are where their previous lives were/are.
Yes
So, as the anchor is preventing them from permanently returning to their own worlds, it is obviously also preventing them from permanently returning to their old lives.
No. Releasing the anchor is step 4. after resurrecting the dead and mass mind control
========
Except majority of their old lives aren't gone. Yona is the only one who even fit your argument from what I'm reading.
You only read 1 single post.
One where I only gave Yona as an example to explain the apparently super difficult concept that just because you can physically return to your old country does not magically revert time to undo whatever bad things happened that made you flee it in the first place.

Cait didn't lose anything in fact she had her life saved by getting pulled into the house. The event didn't cost her her friends or family, or even school. In fact she can go back to her old life.

Similar thing with both raw and elfie mc elf elf. No one died and she lost nothing in fact her life was saved. Her family is still alive and still there literally waiting for her return.

Ms pirate is the only other character you can make such an argument for so I correct my first statement, 2/5 fit he argument you just presents making invalid.
You are forgetting some important issues these girls had in their former worlds.
I had done a full analysis on all the girls and it explains why for each of them the anchor is not the problem. Here it is:
They absolutely do not.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
TLDR any unhappiness girls have is due to the shit that happened to them. Not due to being trapped. To go back to their happier times will require a time machine (or maybe a way to resurrect the dead).
If you were able to just release them from the demiplane back to their original world they would hate it. Except for the succubus whose reaction would be milder

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
No. Releasing the anchor is step 4. after resurrecting the dead and mass mind control
There is no resurrection required for Cait or Lyriel.
We do not know if there would be any required for Naomi.
For Yona, it's not about her returning to her old life. It's about her making a new life.
Her old life was submissive. She needs to find herself and then she'll be in a postion to return. It's the journey.
There is certainly no mass mind control required, for any of them.

Cait has visited the college, with MC. All her friends & tutors know what's going on.
Lyriel has visited her family. They all know what's going on.
Those 2 can certainly return to their old lives without issue.
No resurrection. No PR campaign. No mass mind control.
You only read literally the last post where I repeated the Yona example to explain the apparently super difficult concept that just because you can return to your old country does not magically revert time to undo whatever bad things happened that made you flee it in the first place.
It's not a difficult concept, at all.
It's a simple concept and it only applies to Yona.
You are attempting to apply it to all of the other girls & that is fallacy.
Something which only applies to 20% of the girls, is not generic.

Last edited:
Reactions: Real Kreten

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
One where I only gave Yona as an example to explain the apparently super difficult concept that just because you can physically return to your old country does not magically revert time to undo whatever bad things happened that made you flee it in the first place.
You seem to be insisting however that they need to go back to their former life exactly as it was. That is (to varying degrees) not possible, you are correct. But they can still go back to their old world and their general old ways to varying degrees with a varying amount of work to be done beforehand. You insist that Naomi only cared for her crew and without the crew she wouldn't want her old live anymore, but that is not necessarily the case. And a plot can revolve around resolving these issues, both the technical "anchor" stuff as well as the individual problems.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
You seem to be insisting however that they need to go back to their former life exactly as it was. That is (to varying degrees) not possible, you are correct. But they can still go back to their old world and their general old ways to varying degrees with a varying amount of work to be done beforehand. You insist that Naomi only cared for her crew and without the crew she wouldn't want her old live anymore, but that is not necessarily the case. And a plot can revolve around resolving these issues, both the technical "anchor" stuff as well as the individual problems.
Precisely. The journey is, in some cases, more important than the destination.
It's why the monomyth is a hugely popular literary device.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
There is no ressurection requiired for Yona, Cait or Lyriel.
1. Please note that I said that you require a time machine. with resurrection being an alternative for some girls but not others.

2. Yona is the orc. you mistyped.

3. Lyriel is a dispossessed elven princess. She spent some unspecified period of time being dispossessed. A whole metric fuckton of people died for her dispossession to occur. Either in a revolution or an external conquest. I am unclear if there is even still an elven nation for her to return to or if they have all been reduced to second class citizens in human nations (like she was at the time of her rescue). But if there is still such a nation then you need to kill and replace the current elven royalty and resurrect her relatives. If there isn't you need to mass resurrect a whole nation.

4. The ones who do not need resurrection are cait and Rae.

5. Cait still needed a time machine though at the start of her quest. Cait story starts out with her facing death penalty and expulsion for using forbidden magic.
To return her to her happy life would require a time machine... normally. we manage to resolve it through the almighty power of nepotism. Rae's teacher is an archmage who uses favors to get clemency for Cait. But by the time that happens Cait would prefer to stay as Rae's personal apprentice instead of returning to the college as a nobody. She likes Rae a lot, and also Rae is the apprentice of an archmage who apparently teaches her much better 1 on 1 compared to what she would get as just another faceless student in college

6. Rae is the only one who would be able to just return to her life if you release the anchor. Which I noted from my very first post on the subject.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
You seem to be insisting however that they need to go back to their former life exactly as it was.
No, I am not.
I am arguing against the claim that the anchor is making them unhappy, and it is doing so by "keeping" them away from returning to their "old lives".
But they can still go back to their old world and their general old ways to varying degrees with a varying amount of work to be done beforehand.
"Varying amount of work" is... just such a gross under statement it is not even funny.
Aside from Rae (can return easily. but was really unhappy with her old life).

The other 4 require you to conjure up a miracle before they would even consider returning.
You do in fact manage to conjure up a miracle for Cait, but by the time you conjure said miracle for her she is no longer unhappy and does not wish to return. (because it is better for her to be the grand apprentice of an archmage instead of mass education)

It is honestly quite a coincidence that Rae's teacher is an archmage in good standing from Cait's college. Who is willing to use nepotism to solve her problem.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
The only thing I saw was the claim that the anchor is what is preventing them from permanently returning to their own realms. Which it is.
Not seen someone claiming the anchor as being the cause of their unhappiness?
Cartageno stated that the girls were "decidely not happy yet" & that they "long for a possibility to go back to their old lives".
This does not claim that the anchor is the source of their unhappiness.
However I can ease things up by making the claim now: being anchored is one source (not the source as in one and only mind you) to their unhappiness as I perceive it.

No, I am not.
I am arguing against the claim that the anchor is making them unhappy, and it is doing so by "keeping" them away from returning to their "old lives".
But you argue by stating that this person is dead and that person is hunted and so forth. Which is true but completely besides my point. Yona can reclaim her honor and return to her world, in a different role but in the world she knows. Naomi can go back and go pirating. Cait can go back and be with her friends and study.

"Varying amount of work" is... just such a gross under statement it is not even funny.
Aside from Rae (can return easily. but was really unhappy with her old life).
Firstly, I don't see the obstacles nearly as large as you do because I do not want to "correct" as much stuff as you seem to think I do. Secondly: yes, that is what stories do. Overcome the stuff that was stated as impossible.

You do in fact manage to conjure up a miracle for Cait, but by the time you conjure said miracle for her she is no longer unhappy and does not wish to return.
I might have missed something because I do not remember her stating that. Can you give a cite? (Honest question)

Reactions: whichone

MashUp47

Aug 26, 2020
"Resurrection" Why? non of the girls died. As for what keeps them anchored to the house I think we need to ask the question what guiding force made the MC dream about the girls and save them rather then looking at the girls issue's as the problem why they can't leave. I see the house as a kind of a place were the girls have a chance to reform them selfs so when and if they return to there home/other worlds they are stronger and able to make better choice's. please do correct me if i'm wrong in my thinking.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
I see the house as a kind of a place were the girls have a chance to reform them selfs so when and if they return to there home/other worlds they are stronger and able to make better choice's. please do correct me if i'm wrong in my thinking.
Yup, I think the same. Effectively they each have their own version of " " to undertake.
The "resurrection" aspect of the discussion gives the impression of a strawman.
IDK if it is, but it certainly looks & feels like one.

Last edited:

MashUp47

Aug 26, 2020
Thanks whichone it means alot to know that i'm not misinterpreting the story to much. I just got confussed with the term's resurrection and trying to return to a time when the the character's were at there lowest point, to carry on with there life's as nothing had happened. it just makes no sense for a character to do that.

Reactions: whichone

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
"Resurrection" Why? non of the girls died
For their dead relatives. not for themselves.

Naomi's girls are probably dead from kraken. Even if there were survivors at least one must have perished
Yona's family has explicitly been recently killed
Lyriel's is a former princess who fairly recently lost her noble status, is an exile, and whose only surviving family is her aunt. This suggests her parents and maybe some other family members died recently

The_fallen_dragon

Jun 15, 2017
Yes

========

You are forgetting some important issues these girls had in their former worlds.

I had done a full analysis on all the girls and it explains why for each of them the anchor is not the problem. Here it is:
I just read your little analyst and you're still wrong.

You seem to also lack the ability to differentiate between "a can't" as in having the inability to or not being ability to do some event/action/etc and a "might not want to" as in having the ability to choose not to do an action/event/etc.

99.9% of what you said falls under "might not want to" not "they can't.

Succubus:
Nothing about what you said actually stops her from going back to her happy little life. In fact you would've had a stronger case in you brought up the fact her disappearance actually interfered with the mission she was on for her queen which is why she needed to go talk to her teacher and ask for help explaining to the queen what happened and that she is now trapped.

You also left out the fact that she emits that staying in the mc world isn't realistic and just a whimful dream.

Sorceress:
Wow this was dumber then your first one, again the only thing we have that could stop her from returning we already resolved. And you moved the goal post, I thought I would ignore it at first, the argument you made was they can't return to their old lives, not that they don't want to which are NOT THE SAME THING.

THE CHOCOLATE:
Assumption, you don't know her crew is dead you can just assume they are. So until we get story confirmation that they all died and not some plot armor w/e reason. They all survived you have no argument here.

Sexy submissive elf:
You're trolling me at this point, there's no way you're being serious. None of that, literally none of that stops her from returning to her old life, she may not want to return but that doesn't stop her from it.

The literal I only one that literally can't return is yona because of what happened.

Rae can return to being a spie for her queen.

Cait can return to her studies and afterwards her family, can still work to be an archmage.

Nomi can return to being a pirate, she can get another ship, and we know nothing about her crew. Yet.

Ly can return to be with her family and go back to hated her aunt being a whore and hating humans.

Nothing has happened or has already been resolved that stops them from returning. You're purposely conflating what they may want with an invisible barrier of "they can't" and as I said before, THEY ARENT THE SAME THING. The only can't the only barrier stopping them from returning is the anchor.

Last edited:

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
Nothing about what you said actually stops her from going back to her happy little life
Are you allergic to reading? You literally quoted me saying Rae is the exception in that she can in fact go back.
But her life was not happy before.
Sorceress:
Wow this was dumber then your first one, again the only thing we have that could stop her from returning we already resolved.
You failing to read does not make my statements dumb.
You are literally quoting me addressing her situation both before and after the resolution
Before: She literally can not go back
After: She can go back but no longer wants to.
THE CHOCOLATE:
Assumption, you don't know her crew is dead you can just assume they are. So until we get story confirmation that they all died and not some plot armor w/e reason. They all survived you have no argument here.
You literally quoted me saying "presumed dead". Again, just how bad are you at reading?
Sexy submissive elf:
You're trolling me at this point, there's no way you're being serious. None of that, literally none of that stops her from returning to her old life, she may not want to return but that doesn't stop her from it.
No, you are trolling me.
As I literally explained. She has two "old lives".

Old life 1:
Happy old life she yearns for: Her parents were alive and she was a princess living in elflands
Old life 2:
Old life she utterly loathes with all her heart: She is an exile commoner pauper living in a brothel in human shithole.

It is unclear exactly how much time she has been at old life 2. but it looks like maybe a few months.
She can't go back to old life 1, which is the one she would actually yearn for.

Yes she can go back to old life 2 but that is an utter nightmare for her. not something to be desired.
Cait can return to her studies and afterwards her family, can still work to be an archmage.
Cait was not living with her family. She was living on her own as an adult woman in a college.

There are two phases to her story.
Phase 1: She literally can not return because she will get executed
Phase 2: You conjured up a miracle for her and she can now return. But does not WANT to because returning means giving up on her apprenticeship. Being the apprentice to an apprentice of an arch-mage is far far better than being a common student for her education.
Ly can return to be with her family and go back to hated her aunt being a whore and hating humans.
She does not WANT to.
She wants to return to being a princess in an elf nation.
She does not want to return to living in a fucking brothel and being pressured into becoming a whore for humans.
Nomi can return to being a pirate, she can get another ship, and we know nothing about her crew. Yet.
Her girls were last seen losing a fight to a motherfucking kraken who just broke their ship.
Their odds of survival are not great.
Do you no remember the part where there was an entire arc to coax her to even try looking? because their prospect was so bleak that she was afraid to even LOOK. afraid she will only find out that they are really dead?

And yea, maybe they are all alive (doubtful considering how the author does not shy from dead loved ones tropes). But we are still looking at conjuring up a miracle for her.

Reactions: Master of Puppets

MashUp47

Aug 26, 2020
For their dead relatives. not for themselves.

Naomi's girls are probably dead from kraken. Even if there were survivors at least one must have perished
Yona's family has explicitly been recently killed
Lyriel's is a former princess who fairly recently lost her noble status, is an exile, and whose only surviving family is her aunt. This suggests her parents and maybe some other family members died recently
Ok but I get the feeling that the story is more about recovering from a bad past and exploring a new, learning new experience's, making new freinds,relationships not trying to save the world and old relationships or bring the dead back to life. Naomi has a new crew, Yona has a new family/tribe, Lyril is treated like a princess yet offers to serve others of her free will rather then being forced plus get to be center of attention, Rae has Master to give here power, Cait has new friend's who do not pick on her plus more books then she could dream of. and if they able to or decide to go back home people respecte them more now then what they did before the MC saved them.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
Ok but I get the feeling that the story is more about recovering from a bad past and exploring, learning new experience's, making new freinds,relationships not trying to save the world and old relationships or bring the dead back to life. Naomi has a new crew, Yona has a new family/tribe, Rae has Master to give here power, Cait has new friend's who do not pick on her plus more books then she could dream of. and if they able to or decide to go back home people respecte them more now then what they did before the MC saved them.
I fully agree with you here. I think your analysis is spot on on what kind of game it is.
This is a story of healing and moving forwards. Of making new friends and new family. Of building a new life from the ashes of the other.

This entire argument basically started when someone said they find this story unsatisfying, because the waifus are unhappy, and the solution to that unhappiness is to break the anchor so the waifus can return to their old lives.

I completely disagreed that this is the solution. Arguing that the cause of their unhappines is not the anchor. And the solutions for which vary but are mostly in line with what you said. Build a new life.

Reactions: Master of Puppets

jahall

Feb 20, 2019
same issue, any fix?
From the number of people reporting this issue, it sounds like the patch might have a bug. The obvious work-around woulod be to download the full game, tedious as that might be if you have a slow connection.

4.70 star(s) 317 Votes