Wisblade

Jul 2, 2019
I played the game now and I really liked it
But how do I enable the halloween event on the recent version?

Can't find any option or icons on the phone...
It's enabled in "Dreamer Pro Plus" on the phone, BUT you need to set your computer date a bit before Halloween to get it.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I'm gonna be real with y'all, I've seen a few complaints about Zanith's releases, and I just plain disagree for a few reasons:
  1. I'm not a Patreon supporter, and likely most of us in this thread are not. This alone does not invalidate criticism of the game, but it certainly does re-contextualize our relationship with the creator of the game who releases an update every month for free.
  2. As far as the content of the releases is concerned, though it's sometimes frustrating that many of these last releases don't have steamy hot lewd scenes, that's only half of the intention of the game. The other half is exploring the relationship the MC has with the characters and the developing intimacy they have. It's all part of the plan, as the description of the game states, "... Fall in love with the girls ..."
  3. As far as the general quality of the updates is concerned, c'mon, these updates are beautiful. Zanith and the team really know how to frame a scene and give it that beautiful lighting that elevates it to a whole 'nother level. This game arguably has the best lighting of any game made with Honey Select, and I really appreciate that.
  4. Zanith has mentioned several time that there's a team behind the production of this game. I haven't figured out how large or small this team is since I'm not a Patreon member or a member of the discord, but as far as budgeting is concerned, it can't be that big if development of the game is their primary source of income. The Patreon shows that the monthly income is a little over $12,000, and after doing a little math for yearly income, that might be able to support at a maximum 5 single frugal persons, maybe more if they're living rent-free in their mother's basements, or more likely 2-4 persons. Game development is hard, and having only a few people working on the game complicates matters further. Zanith may be a god of indie game development, but not even the gods perform miracles for free.
I agree with 99.9% of what you've said. However, I personally have not once been frustrated with a single release. I'm an odd ball that way, perhaps, but I am invested much more in the characters and their stories, as well as the overall plot of the game. The intimate moments (especially the more romantic ones) are icing on the cake for me, so I do definitely appreciate them. I'm not going to pretend that I don't find the erotic scenes especially well done or that they don't get my motor running, but I'm much more interested in character and plot development than the lewd stuff.

Talmadge

May 7, 2018
So. The hint book says to go in on Rae in the shower. Problem is, no matter what I try, she shuts the door in the MC's face. What am I doing wrong? Already have sex with her in the kitchen and living room. What do I do the finish that one quest?

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
So. The hint book says to go in on Rae in the shower. Problem is, no matter what I try, she shuts the door in the MC's face. What am I doing wrong? Already have sex with her in the kitchen and living room. What do I do the finish that one quest?
Rise affection, lewdness and follow the story events.
Some scenes require higher affection than others. Especially with Rae, because she's a succubus by nature, the MC is bound to have some scenes with sex even if affection isn't very high. But showering with her is much more intimate, so you need to raise the romance level (affection), like Droidcat said. Lewdness would also probably apply to that specific scene because although she's already very sexual by nature, she doesn't necessarily lust for the MC per se. But the more intimacy they share, the greater the chance will be that she starts regularly wanting him and not just sex generally.

Usually if an event doesn't go as expected, either the character's stats aren't high enough or specific other events need to happen as prerequisites.

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
I'm gonna be real with y'all, I've seen a few complaints about Zanith's releases, and I just plain disagree for a few reasons:
  1. I'm not a Patreon supporter, and likely most of us in this thread are not. This alone does not invalidate criticism of the game, but it certainly does re-contextualize our relationship with the creator of the game who releases an update every month for free.
  2. As far as the content of the releases is concerned, though it's sometimes frustrating that many of these last releases don't have steamy hot lewd scenes, that's only half of the intention of the game. The other half is exploring the relationship the MC has with the characters and the developing intimacy they have. It's all part of the plan, as the description of the game states, "... Fall in love with the girls ..."
  3. As far as the general quality of the updates is concerned, c'mon, these updates are beautiful. Zanith and the team really know how to frame a scene and give it that beautiful lighting that elevates it to a whole 'nother level. This game arguably has the best lighting of any game made with Honey Select, and I really appreciate that.
  4. Zanith has mentioned several time that there's a team behind the production of this game. I haven't figured out how large or small this team is since I'm not a Patreon member or a member of the discord, but as far as budgeting is concerned, it can't be that big if development of the game is their primary source of income. The Patreon shows that the monthly income is a little over $12,000, and after doing a little math for yearly income, that might be able to support at a maximum 5 single frugal persons, maybe more if they're living rent-free in their mother's basements, or more likely 2-4 persons. Game development is hard, and having only a few people working on the game complicates matters further. Zanith may be a god of indie game development, but not even the gods perform miracles for free.
I will say that I have been following the game, and played every release (well almost every, if I was on vacation I may have missed one), since it was just Rae and no other girls. I liked this game so much I write a WT for free.

I don't know when each release is going to drop, I show up in an evening and "hey - it was released and on the main page", that is how I know. I enjoy the game, and enjoy it for what it is. People who complain don't understand there is a full story going on, and the game is not completed yet. They (the devs) have to fill in all the blanks. I can see the great potential of this game, and I will start over when all the content is done just to play the game again as it is supposed to be done.

However - pretty much agree with you.

Last edited:

promesues0820

May 5, 2021
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/scripts/engine/navigation/navigator_scripts.rpy", line 43, in <module>
File "game/scripts/engine/navigation/house/second_floor/sf_hall_east.rpy", line 32, in execute
File "game/scripts/engine/navigation/house/second_floor/sf_hall_east.rpy", line 32, in execute
File "game/scripts/engine/navigation/house/second_floor/sf_hall_east.rpy", line 54, in execute
AttributeError: 'StoreModule' object has no attribute 'item_available'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "scripts/engine/navigation/navigator_scripts.rpyc", line 5, in script call
File "scripts/engine/navigation/navigator_scripts.rpyc", line 25, in script
File "E:\HEHEHEHEH\AHouseInTheRift-0.5.13r3-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "E:\HEHEHEHEH\AHouseInTheRift-0.5.13r3-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "game/scripts/engine/navigation/navigator_scripts.rpy", line 43, in <module>
File "E:\HEHEHEHEH\AHouseInTheRift-0.5.13r3-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "E:\HEHEHEHEH\AHouseInTheRift-0.5.13r3-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "E:\HEHEHEHEH\AHouseInTheRift-0.5.13r3-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3094, in interact_core
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "E:\HEHEHEHEH\AHouseInTheRift-0.5.13r3-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback, seen)
File "E:\HEHEHEHEH\AHouseInTheRift-0.5.13r3-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
File "E:\HEHEHEHEH\AHouseInTheRift-0.5.13r3-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 430, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "E:\HEHEHEHEH\AHouseInTheRift-0.5.13r3-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3094, in <lambda>
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "E:\HEHEHEHEH\AHouseInTheRift-0.5.13r3-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 440, in per_interact
self.update()
File "E:\HEHEHEHEH\AHouseInTheRift-0.5.13r3-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 625, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)
File "game/scripts/engine/navigation/house/second_floor/sf_hall_east.rpy", line 54, in execute
File "<screen language>", line 54, in <module>
AttributeError: 'StoreModule' object has no attribute 'item_available'

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
A House in the Rift 0.5.14r2
Tue Feb 22 23:57:50 2022

why did this happen???

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
why did this happen???
Can you please put code like this in SPOILER tags or as an attachment to your post instead?

TO USE SPOILER TAGS
  1. Select the text from your post that should be between the tags (in this case, the entire error code).
  2. In the toolbar above where you type your post, click the flag symbol.
  3. In the prompt box that comes up, either type text you want to appear on your SPOILER tag (e.g., "Error message"), or just click Continue.

TO ATTACH A TRACEBACK FILE
  1. Click the Attach files button at the bottom of where you type your post.
  2. Navigate to the main folder of the game (i.e., the folder where you see the icon you use to start playing the game).
  3. Choose the file called traceback.txt and click OK.

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
You know, out of the last 20 or 30 updates, they've almost all been about Lyriel.
No wonder I'm so sick of that character.

Yona was in 2 or 3, Naomi 2 or 3, Cait was in most.

Cheers

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
You know, out of the last 20 or 30 updates, they've almost all been about Lyriel.
No wonder I'm so sick of that character.

Yona was in 2 or 3, Naomi 2 or 3, Cait was in most.

Cheers
Did you miss the one from 2 versions ago that was heavily Rae? This latest is almost exclusively Cait. But I do feel like we've not had a good Naomi or especially Yona update for a while now. It would be nice to see more content for both of them.

Reactions: Forgotted

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
She's also blonde and adorable. so that doubles down on the tsun.

btw, your pfp, mind if i get some sauce, or was that custom made?
I don't really care about how a person looks like.

Not custom made, just found it on the net a decade ago or something, i like it, i saved it in my PC and kept it as avatar.

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
Did you miss the one from 2 versions ago that was heavily Rae? This latest is almost exclusively Cait. But I do feel like we've not had a good Naomi or especially Yona update for a while now. It would be nice to see more content for both of them.
No, I saw the Rae update, really enjoyed it.
Also, the Cait update with the glasses was good/different. You'd think w all that magic available to them that they could
fix someone's eyesight. lol

I had edited my post a few times and was trying to be a bit general rather than sound like I was being ugly about
anything w the game or toward Zanith.

Rae had been in a few of those updates, but again, almost all were about Cait and Lyriel. I was sort of glancing through the changelog when I posted that. The Rae dating stories were done really really well, maybe the best writing so far.

Just seems like the more it focuses on Lyriel, the less 'fun' the game is since she's usually mean or ugly to the others.
Yes that's just her character, but I dunno. I guess it's just more about the MC wanting to bang Lyriel who isn't a very fun character, than A House In The Rift anymore which was a fun lightheartedish game.

I dunno..... Anwyay....
Cheers to all and hope everyone has a good one!

Reactions: Demoness_Kiss

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Just seems like the more it focuses on Lyriel, the less 'fun' the game is since she's usually mean or ugly to the others.
Yes that's just her character, but I dunno. I guess it's just more about the MC wanting to bang Lyriel who isn't a very fun character, than A House In The Rift anymore which was a fun lightheartedish game.
I could see that perspective. Personally, I think the biggest reason for a lot of Lyriel updates is that she has a lot of growing up to do. It can be frustrating to see somebody you know needs to change — and change a lot — but who only incrementally improves over time. (Welcome to child raising. LOL.) Still, I do think it makes sense that a lot of time would be needed, because otherwise it would feel extremely strange to have her attitude suddenly far different from what it has been.

But I believe we've already seen changes in her attitude toward almost everyone. She's hugely more accepting of the MC and his being a pervert as she's started realizing that — for all of his lewd behavior — he really does care about all of the women in the house, including her. Hell, Lyriel even seems to get along a lot better than at the beginning with Rae, until of course she decides to take things over the top for some fun.

In fact, I think it's especially meaningful that he cares about Lyriel. She's felt like she didn't belong there almost the entire time; in fairness, nobody "belongs" in the house, but that's a technicality of course. The main thing uniting everyone in the house is their being forced to stay. Even the MC, for all of his etherwalking, is helpless to the pull of the house until he fully learns to control his own power enough to overcome what holds them there. And virtually everybody brought there has actually been saved from a terrible fate (often death).

She also comes from a situation where clearly she feels mistreated. While only one of the whores at her aunt's brothel seems really to despise her, clearly Lyriel has felt like an outsider there. There is extreme humiliation the elves had to endure in her world, and the humans there seem to be real pieces of garbage, at least based on the bits we've been able to see.

I do believe that, once Lyriel fully understands there can be good — true good — in others, the dam will break between her apparent ego and judgment and her desire to feel truly loved and accepted. But again, so long as she has defensive walls in place, she'll keep having an attitude. But you can see change; it's just very slow. And so, again, my own opinion on the matter is that it will continue to be so for a while at least, because she has a huge amount of changing to do. But I can understand this frustrating some people, and I respect that.

arkhamtheknight

May 3, 2017
Is it possible that you could upload an OBB version of this for the compressed android please as it would make it easier to install to the device?

4.70 star(s) 317 Votes