Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
Your response was terrific. I honestly fully agree with you and would hope that it was all exactly as you wrote.
But.
If a person were to look at it differently,
I might be inclined to wonder if Lyriel might have preferred death if she were to be given the choice.
Terrible sounding? Yes.
Maybe she would have had the opportunity to go somewhere else and have some choices, who knows.
She was in a bad environment probably being pressured to be a whore and who knows what else. Slavery?
She then was falling to a certain death but rescued by our MC. In dreams, the MC even purchased her if I recall correctly but that could have been related to a different storyline.

Since then, however, she's been turned into a maid even though it might be argued that she 'chose' that out of necessity. I mean apparently none of the others were cleaning? Also it might be said that she's also being turned into a whore for the MC. As you said, I'm sure he 'cares' for her but since it mainly involves his slow but systematic raping of her, I'm not so sure. I don't think the story has given her a choice to not be a sexual object of the MC's.. So, with what seems like peer pressures from others, the MC, and other circumstances, it seems like she is being raised/forced to be in a sexual relationship with the MC and given no other choice. What is that called, Stockholm Syndrome? Could be a minor version of that if she comes to have feelings for the MC.

I can't say as I know how I'd feel in the same situation....
Other than really odd because I'd then be female and an Elf.... lol

Again, I honestly prefer your version and that's pretty much how I see it, like you, but nobody really knows what's going through her head... Personally I always tend to see the bright side and believe in the good side of folks. Yes I may get burned sometimes but oh well.... Just thought I'd check the flip side of the coin for a second.... lol

I don't mind if I'm wrong about all of this. Just musing

My initial thought before all this was.....dang they are spending way to much time on her and ignoring the others....lol

Cheers all

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
There's also the clear and obvious sub fetish awakening taking place, in contrast to her projected exterior shell of superiority.

I think the maid thing is primarily because she wants to feel useful & it's the same tasks she was already performing, in the brothel. So she's got experience in that, as opposed to any/everything else.
But it also ties in nicely to the sub fetish, too.

Alanray64

Jan 28, 2022
It has been a hot minute since I updated this. Not much in the last several updates (and there was something in this update). Enjoy.

Version 0.5.9r1

Edit:
Updated for Version 0.5.10r1
Updated for version 0.5.11r1
Updated for version 0.5.12r1

Latest version is mapped here (0.5.14r2) https://f95zone.to/threads/a-house-in-the-rift-v0-5-14r2-zanith.29627/page-194#post-7586633
Link didn't appear to go where it was meant to, though I did click back a page and saw a PDF there.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
She also comes from a situation where clearly she feels mistreated. While only one of the whores at her aunt's brothel seems really to despise her, clearly Lyriel has felt like an outsider there. There is extreme humiliation the elves had to endure in her world, and the humans there seem to be real pieces of garbage, at least based on the bits we've been able to see.
I don't know where you're getting this from, I don't think any of the elf girls complained about living among humans except for Lyriel when she was in her stuck-up massive racist phase.

I think the maid thing is primarily because she wants to feel useful & it's the same tasks she was already performing, in the brothel. So she's got experience in that, as opposed to any/everything else.
I'm pretty sure that she never used to do any cleaning in the inn. One of her introduction scenes is her having a fight with Taena over the fact that she never helps out around the place. It's one of the things that makes her becoming a maid so interesting.

Sleeping In Pieces

Mar 16, 2019
I'm pretty sure that she never used to do any cleaning in the inn. One of her introduction scenes is her having a fight with Taena over the fact that she never helps out around the place. It's one of the things that makes her becoming a maid so interesting.
For that matter, the House itself did not need cleaning until somebody(probably the MC) thought Liriel could do with a life lesson by learning to clean house.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I don't know where you're getting this from, I don't think any of the elf girls complained about living among humans except for Lyriel when she was in her stuck-up massive racist phase.
Ah, it's been way too long since I played that part of the game. Over 2 years now, so I didn't remember the specifics. I replayed that now to get reminded of the early parts of her story. I had memories of the men (who were customers of her Aunt Taena) being aggressive with her, causing her to fall. I had forgotten that they just thought she was another whore in the brothel; they weren't being particularly brutish to her or anything.

Still, I don't think what I said about feeling mistreated and humiliated in her world is inaccurate. Clearly something happened to end the elven kingdom to which she belonged, and they apparently got scattered to different areas of the world. She specifically talks about that in some of the early dreams the MC has of her, before her appearance in the house. I'm not saying she was mistreated, but that she felt mistreated. How someone feels about something — true or not — affects how they behave.

Whatever precisely happened in her past clearly left a major mark on her, contributing to her attitude. She obviously feels humiliated on multiple fronts: the ending of the kingdom (and her position within it, apparently); and especially her aunt and other elven girls "stooping" to sex work. Remember, for the vast majority of human history, a huge number of cultures looked down upon sex work. Lyriel coming from a medieval-type society, it's unsurprising that others in that society share these types of attitudes about the practice.

And, I would point out that the racism at least somewhat goes both ways. One of the guards during her first dream specifically refers to her as "long-ears". I have no idea what level of insult that is in that society, but it's clearly meant as a pejorative of some type. I'm not saying this excuses Lyriel's own actions or words, of course.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Well sure, it's Clear and Obvious now that you said it! lol

I hadn't thought abt that one... cool

Cheers
lol Sorry, I meant obvious to me. My bad. (y)
It's been really happening since the dream in the forest, where she found us fucking Rae & we jizzed all over her.
Her reaction to that was where I think it seemed to awaken in her. At first it was shock, but then she found something else in being used like that...

• Thinking Face
Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
lol Sorry, I meant obvious to me. My bad. (y)
It's been really happening since the dream in the forest, where she found us fucking Rae & we jizzed all over her.
Her reaction to that was where I think it seemed to awaken in her. At first it was shock, but then she found something else in being used like that...
If you're trying to say that the specific act of cumming all over her started it, I'd have to disagree. You have the choice to do that or to creampie Rae, and I chose the second option. And yet, she has the same behavior. If that were the catalyst, she would behave differently in my playthrough because it never happened that way. I think that might have been when a spark of interest in the MC sexually began either way, but that's it. (I could always be wrong, of course, and her becoming aware of the fetish might have started with some other event.) Personally, I think the sub fetish was always there, but she didn't realize it until getting sexually intimate with the MC.

Last edited:

Alanray64

Jan 28, 2022
I just happened to notice there is no automatic saves in game. I just had a power outage and when I came back I thought I could pick up from there but no, not a chance and now my last save is about 2hrs ago. Depressing.

Edit** I looked in the directory and saw an auto save single file, so I copied it and renamed it to one of the other saves and it picked up from almost where I lost power. So that was fortunate

Last edited:

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
If you're trying to say that the specific act of cumming all over her started it, I'd have to disagree. You have the choice to do that or to creampie Rae, and I chose the second option. And yet, she has the same behavior. If that were the catalyst, she would behave differently in my playthrough because it never happened that way. I think that might have been when a spark of interest in the MC sexually began either way, but that's it. (I could always be wrong, of course, and her becoming aware of the fetish might have started with some other event.) Personally, I think the sub fetish was always there, but she didn't realize it until getting sexually intimate with the MC.
Yes, I would agree that it was probably always there.
But maybe what she didn't realise, was that she enjoys being ordered around & subjected to humility, only when it's done by someone she knows honestly cares for her.

She just needed a trigger. The right circumstance where she faced something she viewed as degrading & found herself feeling pleasure, when submitting, instead of disgust.
You're quite correct, it could have been anything that started it. I'm sure there is another trigger, if you do not choose that option.
But, for my playthrough, it was the act of jizzing on her where she had the visible moment when her demeanour changed from outraged to intrigued.
A real "Grrrr!!!! :mad: Huh..? Wait, what!? :unsure: " moment occurred at the end of that scene.
I see no reason for that same reaction to not be present if you take the other route. She can still view MC fucking Rae and have the same reaction, except that would possibly make her more a voyeur, than a sub.

Having said that, she was introduced to us locked in the stocks.
With the benefit of hindsight, maybe she's been on that path since day 1? :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

Talmadge

May 7, 2018
What frelling day does Naomi take a shower? The "Things to do" book says "Peeping Tom's Due" - Peek on showering Naomi. I have checked the bathroom every day, and it's either Rae or Cait. I check the other bathroom, too. Nothing. This one is infuriating. LoL

Omega2501

Sep 24, 2017
What frelling day does Naomi take a shower? The "Things to do" book says "Peeping Tom's Due" - Peek on showering Naomi. I have checked the bathroom every day, and it's either Rae or Cait. I check the other bathroom, too. Nothing. This one is infuriating. LoL
Any day after her workout with the weights in the afternoon, specifically Wednesday and Sunday. She also uses it Monday without using the weights. However on Sunday she uses the second downstairs bathroom, not sure if that matters.

Reactions: Talmadge
4.70 star(s) 317 Votes