ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
I cannot get the reward from Rae. I'm having headache to get it, I fought and won lots of time but she never wants give me the reward. Make the story
a bit easy,
please :cautious:
Could you check you relationship status in the phone app? And send me the save, please, in case it's a bug.

Comrade Anulnyat

Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Welp,
View attachment 325783
, it seems.

I should've known better, to be honest, especially after having lots of feedback about the first rng-y dream sequence. I'll be redoing the combat, or at least, making it much, much easier and faster. Will try to do it ASAP, in a day or two.
It's not quite that, not in my case. While I do hate challenges in games, in this particular case I was wrong, now that I sort of finished the game.

I might be stating obvious here, but...

The point of the "get out of dream and take me with you", fight and probably other future training sessions is to introduce important lore parts and raise stats.

Fight is indeed slightly difficult, but I have a suspicion, that it was done for the sake of grind and future content.
Since it raises health/stamina/concentration, the higher those stats get, the easier it will be further in game, be it other fights or unlocking certain events.

Honestly? My frustration came from completely different and not related to the game things.
I just wanted to rush through grind real quick and progress, but you can't beat the dream sequence and fight on the first try, because it would be too easy and MC wasn't supposed to just magically beat every obstacle on his path from the first try, so yeah... I've made a mistake.

It might be not much, but during the fight I also noticed certain details about Azraesha's character. Don't know if she will show it at some point or not, but it's still nice.

Overall it's a good idea, but I guess it will require some tweaking here and there, to make it slightly easier. Perhaps a skip option, like a cheat button, would please those, who don't want to challenge themselves.

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
i got the same problem, won and she promises to give a rewards when she wants to
In your case, you just need to build up relationship with her. Check your smartphone app, you must get max progress on stage 2 to get to a sex scene on the bridge. Just interact with Rae a bit, have breakfast with her, watch TV, find her an ice cream or two.

Last edited:

Iroald

Feb 28, 2018
I for one like the combat, but it did take me a while to get the hang of it (and leveling up a bit in order to be able to manage a win). The formula is nice with having to figure out how to defend against which attack and I don't really mind the current difficulty, although maybe it is a bit much for the first opponent.

Also the humour is on point, the Dark Souls interface was damn funny.

Rpgfan6622

Aug 23, 2017
I for one like the combat, but it did take me a while to get the hang of it (and leveling up a bit in order to be able to manage a win). The formula is nice with having to figure out how to defend against which attack and I don't really mind the current difficulty, although maybe it is a bit much for the first opponent.

Also the humour is on point, the Dark Souls interface was damn funny.
How many times have you leveled up? I've only leveled hp, ???, and concentration once. I need more hp, or she needs to stop using the same attack for her four attacks. What works against lunge attacks? It seems to be her favorite attack.

Iroald

Feb 28, 2018
How many times have you leveled up? I've only leveled hp, ???, and concentration once. I need more hp, or she needs to stop using the same attack for her four attacks. What works against lunge attacks? It seems to be her favorite attack.
You can get another level up later on. If by lunge you mean the one where she pulls her spear back, you can hard counter it (lose no health and weaken her next attack or, if it's her last attack, guarantee you'll be able to hit her) by jumping to the side or partially deal with it (just take no damage, no bonuses) by deflecting.

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
While I'm making the changes to the game, here's a bit of info to help those who are stuck in the combat.
This is a list of attack patterns. Rae always starts by selecting one of the first three combos, then one of the second list, then third. After the third attack the selection is completely random, and there's a chance she will pick an advanced combo (those are harder to counter).
And here's a table of her attacks and your defenses:
You always want to defend with a good defense on the last (fourth) strike, and ideally, on the third one as well. Ok (blue) defenses are good for first and second strike, but you might want to use a good defense on the first or second strike to throw Rae off-balance a bit, then you can reduce the damage from her later attacks.

Last edited:

DarkMiros

Feb 2, 2018
The dream sequence seems to hate me. I'm at the 6th try and i still draw the blank card, tried many combinations with your tips in mind (don't do much for me). To be honest RNG hates me in generell. Can you give some other advise here?

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
The dream sequence seems to hate me. I'm at the 6th try and i still draw the blank card, tried many combinations with your tips in mind (don't do much for me). To be honest RNG hates me in generell.
Do you try on subsequent days, or load the game?
And yeah, I'll be redoing this sequence as well in the next release.

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
Should have said it a little different, i mean 6th subsequent days.
Then yeah, RNG hates you a lot. :confused: Try to go with just the "relax" option, it should be the most consistent one after the fourth try.

Moonis

Mar 18, 2019
At first I liked combat, once I learned how to defend against certain attack. I lost some and won some until I got to lvl 2 6/12, but after that it was only string of losses, 8-9 losses in a row at the moment because she started using same attacks. For example, if I jump back to avoid heavy third attack then I got no option for the similar fourth attack, but to take damage while blocking. Or other way around, block third taking damage and save jump back to fourth. Result is loss after few rounds of that.

So yeah, that got kinda boring. Perhaps tune down how many fights are needed for advancing story. Same goes with the dice game. That got boring after few matches.

Story started greatly and it was fun to ponder what's happening, but quite quickly I had used up all day encounters and only night scenes gave something new to do. And night scenes were almost always fight or dice game. I saw book reading girl three times but got no further with her and phone game scene only once.

I also didn't find way to get to lvl 2 with pirate. I won some dice game while I had lvl 1 10/10 but no raise to lvl 2.

This idea has some promise but needs some tuning.

juanito

Jun 19, 2017
Welp,
View attachment 325783
, it seems.

I should've known better, to be honest, especially after having lots of feedback about the first rng-y dream sequence. I'll be redoing the combat, or at least, making it much, much easier and faster. Will try to do it ASAP, in a day or two.
I didn't really dislike the combat, once I got the hang of it it was pretty fun although a tad too long maybe; I had to redo the dream sequence like 20 times though.
EDIT: Wait, now that I remember correctly I got both dreams until the third in-game try. I think I just assumed it was impossible to get it on the first one.

HorizonD

Apr 25, 2018
I like this game a lot but this fight training is annoying.
I can hit her mostly one or two times, sometimes not at all, then I'm down. That's somewhat frustrating.
I don't remember but I think I leveled up 2-times HP and Stamina and 1-time concentration.

Reactions: Sk3lt0

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Regarding the combat, I like it in principle but when you pick the right counter and Rae hits you anyway? Yeah, that fucking sucks. The rules are not at all clear, which is really bad.

Reactions: xxTHESTYGIANxx

SlendermanX

Jan 8, 2018
hhmm,, the training and taverne non-sense makes the good promising game shit... 100 days train still go on and on and on and all full at the stages of the girls :-O

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
Regarding the combat, I like it in principle but when you pick the right counter and Rae hits you anyway? Yeah, that fucking sucks. The rules are not at all clear, which is really bad.
same problem
i cant win her becouse of that
That shouldn't happen. Either a bug, or you're countering with the same defense a couple of times in a row (don't do that, Rae even tells you about it), or you're using an "OK" defense for the last attacks, those are stronger.

hhmm,, the training and taverne non-sense makes the good promising game shit... 100 days train still go on and on and on and all full at the stages of the girls :-O
You're supposed to lose in the tavern game :oops: I know, I know, I'll change all that, it was a bad idea.

4.70 star(s) 320 Votes