Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
That shouldn't happen. Either a bug, or you're countering with the same defense a couple of times in a row (don't do that, Rae even tells you about it), or you're using an "OK" defense for the last attacks, those are stronger.
It's impossible to do it right, in that case. She frequently does three lunges in a row, you have to either deflect one or try sidestepping both 3 and 4.

I like the game up to that point a lot, Rae and Naomi are absolutely gorgeous, the story is great, the picture quality is first class, even Naomi's boobs look like she's actually wearing a shirt rather than bodypaint (a problem most 3dcg games have with busty girls), but that combat is a dealbreaker. I'm out for now, I really hope you find a way to make it work better for the next update.

freereal

Nov 10, 2017
41 trys 41 loses.... farthest i got her down to around 1/3 than she just spams 4 times the lunge or top attack. most of the time she just uses 3 times the same attack like lunge or top. when she starts with the side she comes most of the time with 3 lungs if its a lunge at the start she comes with 3 tops. i hate the combat. and how often can you lvl up? after the first lose i lvled up ons got a bit more hp and stamina but nothink after that. i guess if i had around double the hp and stamina i could win. since i would need to tank 3-4 hits to hit her back.

it ther a console command for the player hp and stamina ?

55 loses on my 56 try i finaly won.

Last edited:

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
41 trys 41 loses.... farthest i got her down to around 1/3 than she just spams 4 times the lunge or top attack. most of the time she just uses 3 times the same attack like lunge or top. when she starts with the side she comes most of the time with 3 lungs if its a lunge at the start she comes with 3 tops. i hate the combat. and how often can you lvl up? after the first lose i lvled up ons got a bit more hp and stamina but nothink after that. i guess if i had around double the hp and stamina i could win. since i would need to tank 3-4 hits to hit her back.
There are only two "combat" level ups right now, you get thrice the HP and stamina on the third level compared to the first one. You get 1 xp for each loss, and third level takes 6 xp in total. I will get out a version with an easier combat in a day or two.

It's impossible to do it right, in that case. She frequently does three lunges in a row, you have to either deflect one or try sidestepping both 3 and 4.

I like the game up to that point a lot, Rae and Naomi are absolutely gorgeous, the story is great, the picture quality is first class, even Naomi's boobs look like she's actually wearing a shirt rather than bodypaint (a problem most 3dcg games have with busty girls), but that combat is a dealbreaker. I'm out for now, I really hope you find a way to make it work better for the next update.
Just a day or two, there will be a version with either an option to skip combat completely, or I'll just make it much easier in general.

fallenthelight

Donor
Jun 20, 2017
Welp,
View attachment 325783
, it seems.

I should've known better, to be honest, especially after having lots of feedback about the first rng-y dream sequence. I'll be redoing the combat, or at least, making it much, much easier and faster. Will try to do it ASAP, in a day or two.
Hi!

First of all, thanks alot for the -so far- great game, and congrats!

Im also super happy to see that you are activly taking action and talk to people. Worth alot if u ask me.

The only "issue" id say i have is that there is a little "little" information on how to play the minigames.
A little note saying "You may sometimes want to loose to progress", or a poetic version :D

Anyway, looking forward to the next release with fixes and other issues resolved :)

Reactions: ZanithOne

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
Hi!

First of all, thanks alot for the -so far- great game, and congrats!

Im also super happy to see that you are activly taking action and talk to people. Worth alot if u ask me.

The only "issue" id say i have is that there is a little "little" information on how to play the minigames.
A little note saying "You may sometimes want to loose to progress", or a poetic version :D

Anyway, looking forward to the next release with fixes and other issues resolved :)
Thanks! And yeah, you're right, I might just go with some info screens, like the route end ones, that will explain some of the minigame mechanics. And you're completely right about there not being enough info on how to progress in certain events.

Reactions: fallenthelight

Dextor34

Dec 26, 2018
I beat her on the 3rd try. I simply used the "Back" button to figure out which defenses work, it's really not that hard.

HorizonD

Apr 25, 2018
ZanithOne
Finally, I won the fight against Rae but I think there is something missing when you refuse to have her "reward".
When you get your reward you get "That's all..." and when you refuse her you don't get it.

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
ZanithOne
Finally, I won the fight against Rae but I think there is something missing when you refuse to have her "reward".
When you get your reward you get "That's all..." and when you refuse her you don't get it.
Damn, you're right. Will fix it, thanks for the report!

Reactions: HorizonD

batman666

Donor
Jun 18, 2017
+ Azraesha is hot
+ Solid writing, entertaining setting
+ Naomi is hot as well
+ Good animations

+- Mini games are grindy and kinda boring after several attempts, lots of trial and error

- After a strong start, the game got really boring concerning exploration

Really liked it so far.

Moonis

Mar 18, 2019
One more thing. I have slight red-green color error in my eyes and it was bit hard to see red bar (hit points) in the battle. It would be great if that colour would be brighter or lighter version of red instead of dark red that was quite close to black background.

Also it those bars could be bit bigger and have description what they are. Hit points and stamina were obvious but I still don't know what the middle one was.

Joeker

Aug 5, 2017
Hm. I kinda like the combat. It's a bit grindy, but alright. I can't, for the life of me, figure out the dice minigame. I'm at 10/10 with the pirate lady, won some games, lost some games, spoke to her, gave her bourbon. But I cannot advance to level 2 with her.

Sep 18, 2018
Great game, up untill the grind just becomes to much.
The fighting is freeking broken AF! And even if you get blessed by RNGesus the fight is still WAY to long.
Even tho if you understand the fight and plan your fight sequences perfect, some times its just impossible to not take dmg.
And if you since she has so much health, you run out before her if you just get a few of those.
As it is now, it just frustrating as HELL!
Honestly the fighting made me say out loud: FUCK THIS GAME!
AND as iceing ont he cake, whe you FINALLY manage to win, (won 2 times then gave up....) she says "i said you might get it, when i feel like it" so you dont even get your "reward"......

Honestly, i can not fathom the reason of makeing the fighting this hard. You cant make it this RNG, a 4 attack sequence must have a perfect execution, or at least rules set to the RNG so you dont get the same attack 3 times in a row (or even 3 of the same attack in 4). And this fight seems to be made to be a your first fight of many. Making it harder than darksouls 3 is just pointless!

Losing or winning the dice game dont give much either of them unfortunatly, untill like the third try.
How is the player supose to know that "oh, i need to see the same dialog 3 times to get to where i want!"?
If nothing changes each time, you think you are "done" in a game under development. Especially when the phone says you are 10/10 already.
Not only that, you are supose to loose in the first place. (sure its hinted about what you might get, but its still a bit mehhh)

This game would have been a great start, but it get MASSIVE minus points for being frustrating for no reason.

Ill give it another go in the future, (even if i atm want to kill it with fire!) cos i do belive it has potential, but as it is now, it just left a bad taste in my mouth.

Last edited:

Fuckerx1

Jul 16, 2018
So cant get the reward? Its bug and u are gonna fix thats ok but what about Dream-Naomi doesnt like you that much part? Cant do nothing. In tavern win or lose wont matter for that part.

Deleted member 1019532

Nov 18, 2018
Can't figure out the dice game, can't figure out the combat shit.

Some sexual activity with Azrea early on, then nothing, followed up by more nothing.

Saw blue-haired girl once, then no more. I think "dream on" has multiple meanings here, the most common being "you're not gonna get nothing".

Speaking of, all you can look forward to during the daytime is nighttime, then you can play a stupid game in your dream and accomplish nothing.

juanito

Jun 19, 2017
AND as iceing ont he cake, whe you FINALLY manage to win, (won 2 times then gave up....) she says "i said you might get it, when i feel like it" so you dont even get your "reward"......
So cant get the reward? Its bug and u are gonna fix thats ok but what about Dream-Naomi doesnt like you that much part? Cant do nothing. In tavern win or lose wont matter for that part.
I think you have to beat her at 12 rel points (you can check this on the phone (that you get by dreaming about it)). If I recall correctly you get those relationship points with her offering ice cream in the morning (you get ice cream by searching the fridge). So get Rae to 12 points and then beat her on a dream, i think...

PS: What does concentration do btw?

Deleted member 1019532

Nov 18, 2018
While I'm making the changes to the game, here's a bit of info to help those who are stuck in the combat.
This is a list of attack patterns. Rae always starts by selecting one of the first three combos, then one of the second list, then third. After the third attack the selection is completely random, and there's a chance she will pick an advanced combo (those are harder to counter).
View attachment 325846
And here's a table of her attacks and your defenses:
View attachment 325847
You always want to defend with a good defense on the last (fourth) strike, and ideally, on the third one as well. Ok (blue) defenses are good for first and second strike, but you might want to use a good defense on the first or second strike to throw Rae off-balance a bit, then you can reduce the damage from her later attacks.
Does this have anything at all to do with the current version? If so, please explain why.

You're supposed to figure out what she's going to do and take the appropriate defense (which supposedly works, if you say so), all of this before she does whatever it is that she does.

You wait until someone attacks to figure out what the appropriate defense should be. You do not take a defense and then hope it's the appropriate one for the attack.

jish55

Nov 23, 2017
Just a day or two, there will be a version with either an option to skip combat completely, or I'll just make it much easier in general.
Honestly, I think the combat is good in theory, but it just needs to be toned down so it's not too much grinding with only a 50/50 success rate. I can understand it being difficult at first, since you're a novice, but over time, it should become easier for the players to succeed without spending 5 minutes a piece trying to defeat her.

Reactions: Lelousama1102
4.70 star(s) 320 Votes