QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
Have you tried delegating the whole folder and downloading from scratch thus bypassing the updater? That's what I always do.

Reactions: Cartageno

voyeurkind

Jan 26, 2018
My current A house in the rift is at 0.6.2r2 rn, seems like i miss out on 6.3, can i download the update only or need to download the entire game again and replace/overwrite the old one?
The current version contains the entire game. What I do is download the full game, extract it to a new folder, then delete the old folder.

I've never used one of the update patches so I can't help you with that. I would assume that each patch is from one version to another, so you may need to download multiple patches. However, as I said, I have no experience with that, so don't take my word for it.

AkuyaKibito

Dec 25, 2018
Have you tried delegating the whole folder and downloading from scratch thus bypassing the updater? That's what I always do.
I am on Android so afaik it's always a full installing package every version so i don't really know if it's possible and how to do that

JustAlexKing

May 28, 2022
The current version contains the entire game. What I do is download the full game, extract it to a new folder, then delete the old folder.

I've never used one of the update patches so I can't help you with that. I would assume that each patch is from one version to another, so you may need to download multiple patches. However, as I said, I have no experience with that, so don't take my word for it.
save file is not contain within the game folder right? dont midn download the entire thing again but just wanna make sure i dont delete my save.

voyeurkind

Jan 26, 2018
save file is not contain within the game folder right? dont midn download the entire thing again but just wanna make sure i dont delete my save.
Assuming you're using Windows, you shouldn't overwrite your save.

If you're concerned, before you download again, backup the folder c:\users\yourusername\appdata\roaming\renpy\ahouseintherift-########## (it's a sequence of numbers) somewhere else on your pc. That way you can restore if something goes wrong.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Rae from A House in the rift, Rachel from Waifu Academy during MC nightmare dreams, Velle from Mythic Manor, Crazy Nurse from Ecchi Sensei Halloween special, Maxy & Layla from Lucky Paradox, and Shinigami & DD from MurMur, Anath & her Big Sister Madhava from Bound by Lust
Ah, Halloween Layla from Lucky Paradox. Skin color doesn't match but everything else does, so you're probably right.

Horny Toad

May 23, 2019
Rae from A House in the rift, Rachel from Waifu Academy during MC nightmare dreams, Velle from Mythic Manor, Crazy Nurse from Ecchi Sensei Halloween special, Maxy & Layla from Lucky Paradox, and Shinigami & DD from MurMur, Anath & her Big Sister Madhava from Bound by Lust
I thought it was Maxy, but I don't remember her dressing up like that (maybe it's an outfit to buy?). Layla does the full red skin when I costume so didn't recognize her.
Thanks for answering!

RyloNeo

Feb 15, 2019
When trying to update to the new android version it always immediately says app not installed, any advice on how to fix?
Or are the current and previous android versions just not compatible with each other so I'll have to uninstall and lose progress?

Eticketjedi

Jul 15, 2022
The triggers on this game seem a bit odd occasionally.

For weeks I've had the prompt to take Naomi out again and also the prompt to talk to her to move on with Lyriel.

I tried the date a second time and it repeated the first one. Then nothing happened for a long time. I ended up having a conversation with Naomi at the pool about how she was guilty we didn't have any money and we should pay next time. Then the next time I talked to her the Lyriel scene finally happened. Then after that the prompt to take Naomi on another date disappeared.

4.70 star(s) 320 Votes