Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Oh, I've been meaning to share A Thing:
View attachment 934712
This is this year's Christmas Special thing, a short comic. I'm posting full pages here - - early, mostly as soon as they are done, and over on twitter - - I'm posting a new panel each day. Enjoy!
I really like this comic, bet Lyriel is using her present before the day is out.
This is my own pet peeves to a degree. I don't like how sprites look in general, although I think the new ones are a fair bit better than the old ones. I tried making a list of all possible "special" occupations (i.e. when the girl is sitting or lying down or doing something unique), and it's at least 10 extra sets. And while it's doable in theory, it's going to come to about 30 or 40 hours of work. Yes, I'm that slow when it comes to posing. And then I'll have to be extremely cautious of adding more sprite-based expressions. So the occupation-unique sprites/renders are possible, but aren't very likely in the near future.
Really? You're already doing most of the posing for the event images, aren't you? It feels like you could fill most of them in just with images culled from events. Is changing the expression to fill out the rest of the moods needed really that time consuming?

Can we get Lyriel a sweater like that?
I really like girls in sweaters.
Though I wouldn't mind if she were to get a santa costume either.
You should check out the Christmas images from last year. That's where these costumes come from.

'Cause Rae is saying "Love this time of the year" hinting at the fact that she had ones before .
So what? She's familiar with human worlds at least up to Naomi's time, and festivities around the end of the year go back to antiquity.

Reactions: ZanithOne

abcdjh

Dec 4, 2019
Hey man, I follow your instructions but the gallery in not unlocked as you advertised. And where do I find the Halloween 2020 event? Cheers
Halloween 2020 should be in the Dream App. Gallery should be unlocked. Will investigate using a fresh PC. Did you see the walkthrough (green texts)?

DarkLup

Sep 14, 2018
probably a scene in .4.16 that f2p plebs like us dont have access to yet? i really wish zanith's patreon showed the changelogs to public so that we can decide when to pledge
Nah mate I think you got hooked by a troll, Zanith said that he wasn't doing scenes with multiple girls before he introduced everyone in the house (I think ? I'm having doubts now), except if it's in dreams ? In that case you may be right.

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
Also, it's nice to see the girls getting along so well now
Uhhh. Could you post your save? This is Lyriel's morning occupation, she shouldn't be there in the afternoon.

Really? You're already doing most of the posing for the event images, aren't you? It feels like you could fill most of them in just with images culled from events. Is changing the expression to fill out the rest of the moods needed really that time consuming?
My estimation includes the integration work. I'm using a customized show statement for the sprites, and the usual event images are full-screen. I'll have to decide how to handle these special cases, and then make it work. And yes, I do have a few events I could raid for some expressions, like Rae's and Cait's pool hangouts, but there's still a fair bit of overhead there. And for the rest I'll have to do all the poses more or less from scratch.

Reactions: Real Kreten

yerwi

Nov 11, 2019
Hi, i tried to play the last versions with JoyPlay. But it could not load the game, because of this error:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred. 

While running game code: 
  File "game/scripts/ui/system_screens/main_menu.rpy", line 42, in <module> 
TypeError: dynamic() got an unexpected keyword argument 'dynamic_check_look_here' 

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------ 

Full traceback: 
  File "scripts/ui/system_screens/main_menu.rpyc", line 21, in script 
  File "C:\Git\RenPySDK\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute 
  File "C:\Git\RenPySDK\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode 
  File "game/scripts/ui/system_screens/main_menu.rpy", line 42, in <module> 
TypeError: dynamic() got an unexpected keyword argument 'dynamic_check_look_here'

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
Hi, i tried to play the last versions with JoyPlay. But it could not load the game, because of this error:
[/code]
You won't be able to play the game using JoyPlay or any other emulation layer. The game uses a modified version of RenPy.

DarkLup

Sep 14, 2018
Uhhh. Could you post your save? This is Lyriel's morning occupation, she shouldn't be there in the afternoon.
Geez I'm giving you work aren't I ?
But yeah if I had to guess it was related to the update and me starting the game in the middle of the nightmare right after the villa scene (does it make sense ?), I had a few error again afterwards and it seems that lyriel couldn't do her afternoon events anymore, however I loaded another save that took place after the pool reveal event and had no issue whatsoever

4.70 star(s) 317 Votes