ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
Hi everyone! Thank you all who sent me your saves and reports, I'm away and can't access the project right now, but I should be able to fix most issues on Monday, and will push out a fixed version then. Please wait for a few days, don't replay the game from the start unless you want to, the fix should be compatible with old saves.

Arassei

May 28, 2019
Hi everyone! Thank you all who sent me your saves and reports, I'm away and can't access the project right now, but I should be able to fix most issues on Monday, and will push out a fixed version then. Please wait for a few days, don't replay the game from the start unless you want to, the fix should be compatible with old saves.
Just to know, did you have time to "rework" the dream with Naomi ?

abagel

Apr 27, 2018
Oh my god, best update ever. Even if it was small. Really can't wait for the next, I'm loving this game. Thanks for all the naked Cait. She's so cute, especially embarrassed.

Reactions: ZanithOne and B2B2

djustmie

Nov 5, 2017
help wanted

i know it s told in the game but i forgot
when you are in dreamwalk on the red orb castlle and you must practise fights
how should one react on the attacks?

LOL by defending thats right but

raise weapon = Block ?
pulls back a bit = leap to the side ?
raise weapon high = deflect the attack

i ask because it seems every time it gaves different outcomes

huKlo

Aug 3, 2019
No problem, thanks for the hard work.

Reactions: ZanithOne

Basilisxs Den

Mar 29, 2019
Every time I try to extract this game (with Peazip) my Webroot thinks the game is malware, how do you fix the false Virus problem?

huKlo

Aug 3, 2019
Every time I try to extract this game (with Peazip) my Webroot thinks the game is malware, how do you fix the false Virus problem?
That's weird, I use Windows Defender and it didn't react. Your AV may be using rules too broad (block python scripts extractions for example) either try disabling it when you run peazip or whitelist a directory where you'll run the extraction.

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
Just updated the master post with hotfixed v0.3.3. Should fix most (or all) issues related to the 0.3.2 save games, fixes the issue with bathroom dream not starting. Off to sleep now, will go through the thread tomorrow. If something's still broken, please send me your reports and save games.

Reactions: huKlo and Araminth

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
A House In The Rift [v0.3.4r1] [Zanith] Compressed
Compression reduces image/animation/audio quality
This is not a perfect process and can break a game
Original size ~1.36GB
Download ~478MB
PC: - - - -
Mac: - - - -

Edit: updated to 0.3.4r1

Last edited:

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
Very nice update! All the new repeatables are wonderful too. And I'm pretty sure I'm falling for Rea. Why'd the version end without us getting to even eat the cake though? All that hard work for nothing!
Hah, that's true, need to add the cake-eating part.

Just to know, did you have time to "rework" the dream with Naomi ?
No, sorry, it's way down on the list of things to do, to be honest.

help wanted

i know it s told in the game but i forgot
when you are in dreamwalk on the red orb castlle and you must practise fights
how should one react on the attacks?

LOL by defending thats right but

raise weapon = Block ?
pulls back a bit = leap to the side ?
raise weapon high = deflect the attack

i ask because it seems every time it gaves different outcomes
2019.10.14_308-chrome.png
Here's the table used for the combat. There is an "advantage" meter that carries over while Rae's in the combo, so you sometimes can choose a bad defense and still come out unscathed. But mostly you just want to select the best one. But you shouldn't select any of the defenses two times in a row.

There is an issue with some renpy-based games. I don't know if it's some feature that I use, or maybe my file icon is suspicious, but can't do much about that.

can anyone make a port for android please?
I've been planning to do an official android version since at least August now, just can't find enough time to build, test and resolve all issues with it. Maybe in the next couple of weeks.

dce8383

Aug 25, 2017
First time playing, and I gotta say that this is one of the best games I've played in a while. A little sad I missed the fun in the living room, but I heard that'll be back soon.

Keep up the great work!!

Reactions: ZanithOne

huKlo

Aug 3, 2019
Just updated the master post with hotfixed v0.3.3. Should fix most (or all) issues related to the 0.3.2 save games, fixes the issue with bathroom dream not starting. Off to sleep now, will go through the thread tomorrow. If something's still broken, please send me your reports and save games.
Just finished the update, no problem at all, thanks again for the hard work !

I have to say the jump in quality for the animations is amazing. All the little details are here especially with the eye movements, I'm thoroughly impressed !

I love Naomi & Rae they are booth so cute in their own ways, I hope a happy ménage à trois is in the work because I could never choose between them.

euno

Nov 2, 2017
This is probably in my top 5 games of all time, and it's not even finished yet. Caitlin's thighjob loop made me drool all over my keyboard. You deserve a lot more recognition and patrons, keep being awesome!

4.70 star(s) 317 Votes