Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Made me google the term. And the answer is... I don't know! It could be. And how do you define intelligence and/or consciousness? Is strong AI conscious? Could something shaped by subconsciousness even be conscious? What if it operates independently of the "host"? At what point the agency of the actor could be considered its own, not of its creator? I think we will explore those topics in the future.
Also, it occurs to me that as well as being interesting it could also be useful from a game mechanic perspective; if we do 'Awaken' the house in the future, it could be used to help keep track of the girls as we get more of them and more places for them to be:
Good morning, House.
Good morning, Master.
Where is Rae this morning?
Rae is taking a bath, Master.
Kind of like a magical Alexa or however you prefer to describe it. That's always an issue with sandbox games, actually being able to find the girls when you want them.

Reactions: ZanithOne

Ouryuken

Apr 28, 2017
Decided to give this one a try, and since i see the dev is around, might as well give my overall opinion

Story: interesting ~ clearly a lot to unfold (no real secrets have been revealed) as the game goes but this "trap'd on this magical house in the middle of the air" is actually fun and clearly something i've haven't seen before, hopefully it remains that interesting and doesnt turn cookie-cutter after some time

Models: Lovely, Rae specially is really nicely done and instantly caught my eye, also its kind of refreshing to have a big butt + small tits for a change ~
Naomi is nice as well, tan body + pink nips is something i love, so, kudos on that one
Cait is the least awesome for me, but i love redheads so she's still ok
Also, they are all different in personality, and that is great as well, some games have too many "overlaps" often

Game Progress: This is where i have problems

Scenes are extremely easily missable ~ Examples:

-If you progress the dream training and unlock Naomi, the doggy with Rae in the living room gets permanently locked (so far), and its weird because Rae mentions sex being too good of a "positive reinforcement" to waste it easily when she offers a HJ/BJ, so, by logic you'd think "maybe i shouldnt do her yet on the living room, cuz it sounds contradictory", but then you get locked out of that when you meet Naomi

-The cooking teaching ~ i dont even know how to trigger it; since after Rae tells me "lets start the lessons next morning" it just never happens, days go by and she's never in the kitchen, and when she's finally there, she just goes back to the fridge and her regular dialogues, no matter which option you choose

-Naomi's events...i only found out they existed because i unren'd the game and checked the files, because none triggered ever no matter the intimacy or anything, same for Cait, you can just keep increasing their friendship/intimacy/lewdness/whatever and they reach the "more in next version" without triggering anything ever no matter if you try to check on them every day at different hours

What do i mean with this?: the progress isnt clear and the mini guide book isnt helpful...really (it even skips stuff like, if you talk to Rae at the begining in the living room, then you dont need to check the wardrobe and viceversa)

Is it "routes"? is it "linear"?: How do you enter each "routes" if that's the case? Rae always finds out you are not a mage, so, choosing to keep lying isnt really triggering a route, or is it?

By logic you want to choose options that increase stats, but doing so just accelerates you through the main plot and it just ends?

As a player, you naturally dont want to miss scenes (exceptions being on some games where you'd like to avoid, lets say, a bestiality scene, but that's pretty specific), and missing stuff because there's no clear triggers or because you were "too nice" to the girls to rise stats and such seems pretty counterintuitive imo ~ you'd like to go through the story, rising stats and watching the scenes as the game goes, its just natural

Another kind of exception could be like, during X scene, Y thing happens, so, if you choose Z and something different plays along that scene WITHOUT interfering the rest of the progress of the game, that's actually "ok" when it comes to "missing" stuff, but its pretty obvious and you can scroll back a little and check the other option instead of having to replay the whole game to watch a different route ~ instead of "oh, you rised that stat on that girl? well, though luck, you're locked out"

The game overall, imo, has massive potential but its not really clear on what you even have to do to actually unlock stuff, and what you have to avoid to not get locked out of stuff

Clearer stats, or highlighted options (when it matters) or real "stat locks" that make sure you watch X or Y scene before being able to increase them more could probably solve all those problems from a gameplay stand point (dunno if that's hard to code or anything, so, im not saying its "easy to implement")

And i think that's all, i sincerelly hope it doesnt come off as rude as its not my intention at all, since i really, really liked the game's overall premise/story/models/chars/etc so far, and im really trying to make the feedback clear but i dont really know how to make it sound "nicer"

Haven't read the entire thread so i dont know if people have pointed out all this stuff or if they have problems at all, so hope it is useful feedback ~ looking forward to how this unfolds in the end (and then again, trying to be as objective as posible here, not trying to sound rude)

Reactions: ZanithOne and Hones

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
-The cooking teaching ~ i dont even know how to trigger it; since after Rae tells me "lets start the lessons next morning" it just never happens, days go by and she's never in the kitchen, and when she's finally there, she just goes back to the fridge and her regular dialogues, no matter which option you choose
Speak to her and talk about > say that you have the ingredients she will then come to you the next day and start the event
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
Decided to give this one a try, and since i see the dev is around, might as well give my overall opinion
And thank you for that!

Scenes are extremely easily missable ~ Examples:

-If you progress the dream training and unlock Naomi, the doggy with Rae in the living room gets permanently locked (so far), and its weird because Rae mentions sex being too good of a "positive reinforcement" to waste it easily when she offers a HJ/BJ, so, by logic you'd think "maybe i shouldnt do her yet on the living room, cuz it sounds contradictory", but then you get locked out of that when you meet Naomi
This particular scene is coming back, maybe as soon as v0.3.4. I was hoping to rework it a bit, but there's a lot of feedback about this particular scene, so I might just bring it back in its current variant.

If Hones's guide doesn't work for you, please send me your save. I had a number of reports of event triggers going missing. I still don't know what causes this, but I can fix your save at the very least.

-Naomi's events...i only found out they existed because i unren'd the game and checked the files, because none triggered ever no matter the intimacy or anything, same for Cait, you can just keep increasing their friendship/intimacy/lewdness/whatever and they reach the "more in next version" without triggering anything ever no matter if you try to check on them every day at different hours
You shouldn't really be able to miss scenes. Every time the dialogue choice will make you skip a bit of content, there's a (skip event) or (cancel event) annotation on the option. Again, it could be that some triggers went missing and you just got stuck in Naomi's routes. With Cait, there's barely any lewd content in 0.3.2, so there's not much to see yet.

Is it "routes"? is it "linear"?: How do you enter each "routes" if that's the case? Rae always finds out you are not a mage, so, choosing to keep lying isnt really triggering a route, or is it?

By logic you want to choose options that increase stats, but doing so just accelerates you through the main plot and it just ends?

As a player, you naturally dont want to miss scenes (exceptions being on some games where you'd like to avoid, lets say, a bestiality scene, but that's pretty specific), and missing stuff because there's no clear triggers or because you were "too nice" to the girls to rise stats and such seems pretty counterintuitive imo ~ you'd like to go through the story, rising stats and watching the scenes as the game goes, its just natural

Another kind of exception could be like, during X scene, Y thing happens, so, if you choose Z and something different plays along that scene WITHOUT interfering the rest of the progress of the game, that's actually "ok" when it comes to "missing" stuff, but its pretty obvious and you can scroll back a little and check the other option instead of having to replay the whole game to watch a different route ~ instead of "oh, you rised that stat on that girl? well, though luck, you're locked out"
As I said earlier, by design, you shouldn't be able to miss any scene unless you specifically choose skip/cancel option. The "routes" system is, well, not really about routes. I don't know, maybe there's a better way to present it, but each girl has a number of semi-independent multi-event stories going. For example, you can just not do Naomi's femdom route if you don't want that kind of content and progress through her base route. The only route that is really required is the main story route, which unlocks new girls, rooms and mechanics. Then you can pick and choose.

The game overall, imo, has massive potential but its not really clear on what you even have to do to actually unlock stuff, and what you have to avoid to not get locked out of stuff

Clearer stats, or highlighted options (when it matters) or real "stat locks" that make sure you watch X or Y scene before being able to increase them more could probably solve all those problems from a gameplay stand point (dunno if that's hard to code or anything, so, im not saying its "easy to implement")
Again, I kinda wonder if your game broke, or maybe I'm just so used to it that it looks obvious to me, but not for others. You absolutely shouldn't be locked out of stuff apart from a few very specific scenes, like BJ in pre-transformation attic (but that one is replaced with an animated scene) and living room doggy style.

And i think that's all, i sincerelly hope it doesnt come off as rude as its not my intention at all, since i really, really liked the game's overall premise/story/models/chars/etc so far, and im really trying to make the feedback clear but i dont really know how to make it sound "nicer"

Haven't read the entire thread so i dont know if people have pointed out all this stuff or if they have problems at all, so hope it is useful feedback ~ looking forward to how this unfolds in the end (and then again, trying to be as objective as posible here, not trying to sound rude)
Not at all rude, and I'm very grateful for your feedback. I'm always looking for ways to improve the game, and this kind of critique is extremely valuable.

Ichigo Kurosaki Shiba

Mar 17, 2019
What is the Limit of Intimacy and Lewdness all three girls and how to quickly up both and what do i need to do to break the Limit of the Intimacy and Lewdness becouse i already did several times but i have no idea how.
Currently the Girls Stats are like this
Azraesha 20 Intimacy/19 Lewdness
Naomi 20 Intimacy/20 Lewdness
Caitlin 20 Intimacy/10 Lewdness
is there any way to up the stats and will there be any diference if i do right now?
Oh almost forgot my game is 3.2

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
[...]like BJ in pre-transformation attic[...]
You reminded me, I've been meaning to ask if that one is coming back; the new blowjob on her bed is different enough for me to prefer the old one, the lack of full animation aside it was longer and more detailed, and you could choose between a passive and active scene too ('let me know if I get too rough for you'). Whether you prefer standing vs. reclining is more of a personal taste thing, too.

Also, while researching this I discovered a bug:
Screenshot from 2019-10-09 13-57-36.png Screenshot from 2019-10-09 13-57-47.png
The click blocker is removed before this line of dialog, not after.

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
What is the Limit of Intimacy and Lewdness all three girls and how to quickly up both and what do i need to do to break the Limit of the Intimacy and Lewdness becouse i already did several times but i have no idea how.
Currently the Girls Stats are like this
Azraesha 20 Intimacy/19 Lewdness
Naomi 20 Intimacy/20 Lewdness
Caitlin 20 Intimacy/10 Lewdness
is there any way to up the stats and will there be any diference if i do right now?
Oh almost forgot my game is 3.2
I think you're at the limit of the current version, and if you finished all the routes for the girls, you won't get anything else from stats themselves ATM.

You reminded me, I've been meaning to ask if that one is coming back; the new blowjob on her bed is different enough for me to prefer the old one, the lack of full animation aside it was longer and more detailed, and you could choose between a passive and active scene too ('let me know if I get too rough for you'). Whether you prefer standing vs. reclining is more of a personal taste thing, too.
Maybe. Can't say much more than that now, I want to keep adding repeatables, but I'll probably expand the post-transformation one first, then add some alternative acts, and then maybe start adding alternative poses/locations for existing acts.

Also, while researching this I discovered a bug:
Thanks, will fix.

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
Just updated the master post with the latest free version. Will be mostly unavailable for the next two days, but if anything's broken, send me your reports (and saves), and I'll take a look when I get back.

And the Resident+ patrons now have access to the v0.3.4 -

Reactions: B2B2 and Hones

curiousboy1

Sep 13, 2016
Just updated the master post with the latest free version. Will be mostly unavailable for the next two days, but if anything's broken, send me your reports (and saves), and I'll take a look when I get back.

And the Resident+ patrons now have access to the v0.3.4 -
I played the game for the first time w version 3.2r1. I'm using the saves from that version. When I start play in 3.3r1, it says everyone's story is finished. Am I missing something?

TomberryDude

May 22, 2017
This game is constantly getting better and better. The sex scenes are starting to happen more and at a nice pace for getting to know the characters before getting... intimate with them.

The story is still setting itself up as some side characters and more options for things to do are introduced. The animations are top-notch and the characters are lovely. Overall it's a cheerful game with an intriguing plot that lends itself to more deep and serious stories down the line. Think something along the lines of Harem Hotel.

But with an overarching plot with some mysteries to solve and such. I really urge people with even just a curiosity or passing interest to try the game. It deserves more support.

Reactions: ZanithOne and Hones

Runastia

May 11, 2018
is the dream about the bathroom in the first floor still not possible? cus all i have for next scenes is "Proceed with the Main Storyline" but i can't dream.

Reactions: Ronoc19

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
is the dream about the bathroom in the first floor still not possible? cus all i have for next scenes is "Proceed with the Main Storyline" but i can't dream.
Have you tried raising your stats by meditating etc like it said to do in the story dialogue with Rea, I think once you've done that to option to dream about "a nice bath/soak" or something should become available.

ILCjr

Dec 27, 2018
I was able to ignore the error, but there is an error while going to rae about candles.
1570828643553.png

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
I played the game for the first time w version 3.2r1. I'm using the saves from that version. When I start play in 3.3r1, it says everyone's story is finished. Am I missing something?
Please send me your savegame, I'll check if something went wrong with the save migration.

I was able to ignore the error, but there is an error while going to rae about candles.
Something went wrong with migration, will check.

I have Physical 3, Focus 3, Knowledge 2 and i still cant dream about it.
Please send me your savegame.

4.70 star(s) 318 Votes