Seipherwood

Sep 8, 2017
How do i raise Rae's lewdness? ive finished everyones stories and managed to max out Caitlinns, but Raes is still like 1/2 and i cant seem to raise it.
Still cant give her the ice cream either, did finally manage to do the cooking lesson tho.
Also, where does Rae disappear to sometimes? I cant find her anywhere in the house.

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
How do i raise Rae's lewdness? ive finished everyones stories and managed to max out Caitlinns, but Raes is still like 1/2 and i cant seem to raise it.
If it's too low to spy on her in the shower, breakfast with her will sometimes randomly raise it. Repeatable sex acts will raise it in the future releases.

Still cant give her the ice cream either, did finally manage to do the cooking lesson tho.
Was cut from the game, will bring it back soon.

Also, where does Rae disappear to sometimes? I cant find her anywhere in the house.
That's a bug in her schedule, will be fixed in the next version.

Reactions: TomberryDude

TomberryDude

May 22, 2017
If it's too low to spy on her in the shower, breakfast with her will sometimes randomly raise it. Repeatable sex acts will raise it in the future releases.

Was cut from the game, will bring it back soon.

That's a bug in her schedule, will be fixed in the next version.
When I played yesterday Cait disappeared to nowhere as well. Actually that post reminds me of the one little itty bitty thing that annoys me somewhat. Too much randomness in what the girls are doing. Makes it hard to get a specific scene and stuff.

Probably won't be as bad as more girls are added but still it will always be a bit inconvenient.

Reactions: ZanithOne

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
When I played yesterday Cait disappeared to nowhere as well. Actually that post reminds me of the one little itty bitty thing that annoys me somewhat. Too much randomness in what the girls are doing. Makes it hard to get a specific scene and stuff.

Probably won't be as bad as more girls are added but still it will always be a bit inconvenient.
Looked over her schedule, found an issue. She disappears in the morning, right? That would be fixed in the next version.

About the schedule in general, the funny thing is, it's completely set in stone except for when one of their events is active, then it actually adjusts their schedule so in theory you don't have to wait long for any event to happen. But in practive, it does get a bit opaque, true.

I want to add a map with girl icons and/or a schedule app to the game so you can plan your actions better, but I'm totally swamped with event work right now, don't have time to play with code that much.

TomberryDude

May 22, 2017
Looked over her schedule, found an issue. She disappears in the morning, right? That would be fixed in the next version.

About the schedule in general, the funny thing is, it's completely set in stone except for when one of their events is active, then it actually adjusts their schedule so in theory you don't have to wait long for any event to happen. But in practive, it does get a bit opaque, true.

I want to add a map with girl icons and/or a schedule app to the game so you can plan your actions better, but I'm totally swamped with event work right now, don't have time to play with code that much.
Yes it was in the morning. And don't worry I'm sure it will all get better we're still early in the game's life. I like the map idea. Not like the game's huge but knowing where things are and what places are empty helps avoid a lot of wasted time and clicks. Just good qualty of life stuff in my opinion.

Reactions: ZanithOne

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Is this a recent change? I'm quite sure that there used to be randomness involved, I remember after loading a save advancing time wouldn't place the girls in the same places consistently.
A map sounds nice, would that be something like a render of a whole floor of the house at once, or like a 2D floorplan? The house has a proper layout, so either should be pretty easy to do.

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
Is this a recent change? I'm quite sure that there used to be randomness involved, I remember after loading a save advancing time wouldn't place the girls in the same places consistently.
Actually, yes, you're right, there is a bit of randomness, don't know what I was thinking. 6 (of 21) of Rae's and whopping 9 of Naomi's slots are semi-randomized. I'll think about removing some of this randomness, there's probably not much point to it. Or at least make it super-biased, so the uncharacteristic occupation is only selected once in 10 days or something.

A map sounds nice, would that be something like a render of a whole floor of the house at once, or like a 2D floorplan? The house has a proper layout, so either should be pretty easy to do.
I'm thinking floorplan, but it's just a general idea at this point, haven't really thought about the implementation yet.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Actually, yes, you're right, there is a bit of randomness, don't know what I was thinking. 6 (of 21) of Rae's and whopping 9 of Naomi's slots are semi-randomized. I'll think about removing some of this randomness, there's probably not much point to it. Or at least make it super-biased, so the uncharacteristic occupation is only selected once in 10 days or something.
It might be a good idea. I know in real life people usually don't stick to a daily schedule like clockwork except for when they have to for work, but in a game you want to be able to easily find the girls when you want them. Of course, the easier it is to search for them the less this is an issue, which actually nicely links the two topics together; if it only takes one click to bring up a map rather than half-a-dozen to get from one place in the house to another, having the girls be placed more randomly isn't a problem.
I'm thinking floorplan, but it's just a general idea at this point, haven't really thought about the implementation yet.
I had a go at drawing one of those; it's probably all wrong though, as I did it really quickly. Getting the proportions right would take longer. map.png

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
It might be a good idea. I know in real life people usually don't stick to a daily schedule like clockwork except for when they have to for work, but in a game you want to be able to easily find the girls when you want them. Of course, the easier it is to search for them the less this is an issue, which actually nicely links the two topics together; if it only takes one click to bring up a map rather than half-a-dozen to get from one place in the house to another, having the girls be placed more randomly isn't a problem.

I had a go at drawing one of those; it's probably all wrong though, as I did it really quickly. Getting the proportions right would take longer.
That's pretty close, actually. Here's how the first floor structure looks like right now.
2019.09.28_292-Unity.png
2019.09.28_291-Unity.png

TomberryDude

May 22, 2017
That's pretty close, actually. Here's how the first floor structure looks like right now.
View attachment 413788
View attachment 413789
It's so trippy to see things at this angle. Also yay preview of rooms that may not look the same way when they're in the game later.

I like it though, just slap a Rae on this bad boy and I'm good to go. Hmmmm slap Rae's ass. Where was I?

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
A little heads up: v0.3.3 just went into alpha, for Resident+ patrons -

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
map.png You know, it's surprisingly fun to think about what interfaces might look like. Added some room labels, greyed out what is still locked, and added a widget for the other floors. Loaded it into the game to get the game interface over the top of it, and there it is:

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Thinking about locked rooms, I've been wondering what will happen when he unlocks the master bedroom; as Rae pointed out earlier, as the master of the house that should be his, but as he set all this up subconsciously he gave himself his old room instead. Will he move? Will a new girl get that one? Or maybe to justify him not getting the bigger room, two girls will get that one? Any sisters expected to be arriving?

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
Thinking about locked rooms, I've been wondering what will happen when he unlocks the master bedroom; as Rae pointed out earlier, as the master of the house that should be his, but as he set all this up subconsciously he gave himself his old room instead. Will he move? Will a new girl get that one? Or maybe to justify him not getting the bigger room, two girls will get that one? Any sisters expected to be arriving?
Maybe :whistle:

You know, it's surprisingly fun to think about what interfaces might look like. Added some room labels, greyed out what is still locked, and added a widget for the other floors. Loaded it into the game to get the game interface over the top of it, and there it is:
I actually may steal this. I kinda wanted to try making an isometric version and fitting everything on a single screen, but this variant looks totally usable.

TomberryDude

May 22, 2017
I was gonna say it would make sense for him to move into a room with a big bed and all. Is this game even supposed to have incest? I guess I wouldn't mind sisters but probably would rather a couple. Just to change from the usual.

Either way this makes me think I'd like an option to spend the night with a girl when intimacy is high enough. Just sleeping, cuddling, waking up next to them. A cute line of dialogue. Would be lovely.

Reactions: Master of Puppets

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
I was gonna say it would make sense for him to move into a room with a big bed and all. Is this game even supposed to have incest? I guess I wouldn't mind sisters but probably would rather a couple. Just to change from the usual.

Either way this makes me think I'd like an option to spend the night with a girl when intimacy is high enough. Just sleeping, cuddling, waking up next to them. A cute line of dialogue. Would be lovely.
Something like this is in v0.3.3 already, still extremely limited and situational, but I'd like to expand on that in the future versions.

TomberryDude

May 22, 2017
I understand non lewd stuff doesn't probably bring in the patreon money like sex does. "sex sells" after all. And there's nothing wrong with that. I'm willing to wait too for the game to be more developped before much of the thing I personally want get put in it. If they even do.

I love the game right now. It's exactly right up my alley. I am very excited to see where it goes next.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I understand non lewd stuff doesn't probably bring in the patreon money like sex does. "sex sells" after all. And there's nothing wrong with that. I'm willing to wait too for the game to be more developped before much of the thing I personally want get put in it. If they even do.

I love the game right now. It's exactly right up my alley. I am very excited to see where it goes next.
Sure, 'sex sells', but games being just sex with no story is also a common complaint. I'd also like to see more non-sexual touching. (There's a nice bit with Naomi in 0.3.3)

4.70 star(s) 318 Votes