Arassei

May 28, 2019
The characters currently in the game are far from the only ones that are gonna be in it. There's a few more bedroom locked in that house that are gonan have girls in them later. Right now Zanith is mostly focused on the characters that are already present and moving the plot forward.
I know, but I prefer to be sure now.
I already had bad surprises...

TomberryDude

May 22, 2017
I know, but I prefer to be sure now.
I already had bad surprises...
I understand concern and I hve been disappointed by games as well. Not that it's that important.

I tried to explain how the game is planned and adress your concern, hopefully it helped.

Reactions: ZanithOne

Arassei

May 28, 2019
I understand concern and I hve been disappointed by games as well. Not that it's that important.

I tried to explain how the game is planned and adress your concern, hopefully it helped.
That's really important !
When you follow a game development for months (or worse, years !), you saw every live stream from the developper, you are a big fan of the game, and one day, PAF, he release a new version where he transformed one of the main girls in a futa ! a fucking futa ! DAMN IT !

Yes, it helped, thank you.

TomberryDude

May 22, 2017
When you follow a game development for months (or worse, years !), you saw every live stream from the developper, you are a big fan of the game, and one day, PAF, he release a new version where he transformed one of the main girls in a futa ! a fucking futa ! DAMN IT !

Am I wrong or are you talking about a specific game here?

Arassei

May 28, 2019
Alright, because I can think of one game that just updated that has a trans in it people didn't see coming. Funny coincidence.
Coincidence happens.
There are so many games that are updated everyday with futa/trans in them. People are crazy...

RVNSN

Drunken Pirate Skirtchaser
Game Developer
Jan 17, 2019
My rig is a bit outdated now, really old Core i7 (37xx series, I think), GTX980. SSD helps a lot, though. That said, it's enough for Unity-based editors, and as I mentioned before, frame-by-frame rendering of animations doesn't put too much strain on the hardware, it's not raytracing.

On animations in general

Thank you, this helps somewhat. As you said, it's a completely different approach than what I'm doing. Using Daz, I have not yet spent time experimenting with any automated animation and have just done a little by rendering each frame manually. A couple of simple animations I made for a teaser sequence took something more than 6 hours per rendered image/frame (render time). I need to start playing with animate to see what I think of using that. Considering how long each render takes, adding additional animation features like the camera isn't as much of a pita as it might seem. Test renders take up so much of my studio time that the extra setup time ends up being rather insignificant (as long as I remember to save each frame as its own scene file - oh, the headache inducing pain of moving too fast and oops, overwrote the wrong file lol). Despite having experimented a little with 3DCG software like Maya and Blender back in 2002, then Poser, Bryce, Daz, Maya around 2005 and 2010, I was not satisfied with the performance of the computers I had at those times and did not invest too much time, so I'm still learning a lot as I go, such is life.

Keep up the great work you're doing, and I appreciate your response.

huKlo

Aug 3, 2019

So what ? It's not like the dev owe you anything, if you don't like the direction a game is taking you're free to drop it.

Side question : are you french by any chance ? that "PAF" is kinda telling

Arassei

May 28, 2019
So what ? It's not like the dev owe you anything, if you don't like the direction a game is taking you're free to drop it.

Side question : are you french by any chance ? that "PAF" is kinda telling
Ouais, je parle français.
As I already said : nothing happened, it was an exemple.

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
Hello,
Are you sure it's a good idea that " Big fetish poll " ?
In the end, you risk losing more patreons than having new ones.
Hi! Just to clarify some things. First of all, I myself compile the list of content for those polls and I don't see the game deviating too much from vanilla-y harem fantasy. And while I might include some more fringe fetishes in the future, everything that's not pretty much universally agreeable will be locked away in optional side routes. Like how there's a light femdom route for Naomi, you can choose not to pursue it at all, and it doesn't lock you out of any non-femdom content. (Right now this choice is not as transparent as it could be, but I'll try to fix that in the future versions.)

Thank you, this helps somewhat. As you said, it's a completely different approach than what I'm doing. Using Daz, I have not yet spent time experimenting with any automated animation and have just done a little by rendering each frame manually. A couple of simple animations I made for a teaser sequence took something more than 6 hours per rendered image/frame (render time).
No problem, and yeah, couldn't be much of a help, to be honest. But while I have very limited experience with not-realtime 3D, 6 hours of render time for one frame sound a little too much. And you have to save each frame as a scene? That's just ouch.

Arassei

May 28, 2019
Hi! Just to clarify some things. First of all, I myself compile the list of content for those polls and I don't see the game deviating too much from vanilla-y harem fantasy. And while I might include some more fringe fetishes in the future, everything that's not pretty much universally agreeable will be locked away in optional side routes. Like how there's a light femdom route for Naomi, you can choose not to pursue it at all, and it doesn't lock you out of any non-femdom content. (Right now this choice is not as transparent as it could be, but I'll try to fix that in the future versions.)
Yes, that's how I understood that from Tomberry.
And even for a harem, Femdom is not a " danger ".
At first, I thought the poll had some tag like " sharing " , " NTR " , " Groupe MMF " etc, that are not good for a harem vanilla.
I am glad I was wrong.

By the way, there's a new CG set out or patrons, this time it's a bit special because it's not just CGs, but a whole animation, imagine that, wow! Here's a little teaser:
Ohhh my gooooood. Look at this perfect woman !
Seriously, your animation is really, really good.
But she has a boob that go into the bar (middle of the video)

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
Yes, that's how I understood that from Tomberry.
And even for a harem, Femdom is not a " danger ".
At first, I thought the poll had some tag like " sharing " , " NTR " , " Groupe MMF " etc, that are not good for a harem vanilla.
I am glad I was wrong.
Wellllll there is MMF in the poll :rolleyes: But it isn't doing great vote-wise, and even if it gets added to the game, it would be optional and probably won't concern any of the main female characters.

Ohhh my gooooood. Look at this perfect woman !
Seriously, your animation is really, really good.
But she has a boob that go into the bar (middle of the video)
Yeah, some clipping issues always occur in those longer animations. I'll probably try to fix those in post in the future such animations, this time I just ran out of patience and was nearly falling asleep at the desk when I was finishing this thing.

Arassei

May 28, 2019
Wellllll there is MMF in the poll :rolleyes: But it isn't doing great vote-wise, and even if it gets added to the game, it would be optional and probably won't concern any of the main female characters.
No no no no no no no.
Optional means " if you want to see the whole game, you have to see it at least one time " (look at my sig)
So, " optional MMF " is " MMF ", because it's a part of the entire game.
A MMF tag has nothing to do in a vanilla harem. It's like an opposite tag.

Except if it concern a girl that the MC will never fuck, but what's the point in that ?

Last edited:

TomberryDude

May 22, 2017
No no no no no no no.
Optional means " if you want to see the whole game, you have to see it at least one time " (look at my sig)
As much as I think you make too big a deal out of it I have to agree with that point. "Optional" content is still content I have to go through if I want to "complete" the game. Which I do, I am a completionist kind of gamer. When I play a game, I try to do 100% of it.

As for MMF not being vanilla. I think that's pushing it. It is still fairly vanilla sex, at least as much as MFF is. Of course I still don't like it but that's a completely different issue from it not being vanilla.

• Angry
Reactions: Crimson Elite

Arassei

May 28, 2019
As much as I think you make too big a deal out of it I have to agree with that point. "Optional" content is still content I have to go through if I want to "complete" the game. Which I do, I am a completionist kind of gamer. When I play a game, I try to do 100% of it.

As for MMF not being vanilla. I think that's pushing it. It is still fairly vanilla sex, at least as much as MFF is. Of course I still don't like it but that's a completely different issue from it not being vanilla.
I am a completionist kind of gamer too.

Well, MMF is not vanilla, because, even if it's just one time, you share your girl with another dick.
MFF is good, because it's also a harem game. It's really common. Most of the harem games have " MFF " in them.

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018

I'll just fudge the numbers so the game shows 100% completion even if you skip some scenes :WeSmart:

No no no no no no no.

Except if it concern a girl that the MC will never fuck, but what's the point in that ?
We'll have to disagree here, but it's mostly irrelevant cause I doubt that MMF content will ever make it into the game. Anyway, IMO, and that's a personal opinion, not a game-creator-says-what-will-be-in-the-game opinion, MMF and various other sex acts concerning multiple people are perfectly vanilla as long as there's consent and mutual enjoyment. But I understand that others may not see it that way, so as I said, most likely won't be in the game anyway, and I think it'd be best to leave it at that.

Arassei

May 28, 2019
We'll have to disagree here, but it's mostly irrelevant cause I doubt that MMF content will ever make it into the game. Anyway, IMO, and that's a personal opinion, not a game-creator-says-what-will-be-in-the-game opinion, MMF and various other sex acts concerning multiple people are perfectly vanilla as long as there's consent and mutual enjoyment. But I understand that others may not see it that way, so as I said, most likely won't be in the game anyway, and I think it'd be best to leave it at that.
The thing is that " vanilla " invole some kind of " classic romance situation ". This is what vanilla really means.

TomberryDude

May 22, 2017
I'll just fudge the numbers so the game shows 100% completion even if you skip some scenes :WeSmart:
Granted completion is a complicated subject and what constitute "completing a game" can vary from game to game and person to person.
The thing is that " vanilla " invole some kind of " romance situation ". This is what vanilla really means.
MFF can be romantic but MMF can't? I don't want MMF and even to me that doesn't make any sense at all.

4.70 star(s) 317 Votes