segaegae

Dec 5, 2021
I still like my theory that the "legendary weapon" that their prophecy speaks about is actually our guy bringing something like an AK47 from Earth. Or a couple; I bet Naomi would love modern guns, and would help out if Yona asked.
(also "modern guns" for a weapon designed over 75 years ago, lol)
I think it should be either a modern gun, or something related to Rae.
Think about what if the legendary weapon is the spying eyes on the bridge of thousand souls......
But really, from the story of others, especially rae and naomi, the theme here seems to be gradually losing connecting to their original world, this prophecy could probably lead to nowhere...

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ZanithOne

jahall

Feb 20, 2019
How do I get it to work on Android?
Look at the first post on the thread, and under Official Compressed you'll find the download link for the Android version. Download and install. If you've already tried that and it didn't work, then you could try installing Joiplay and try to play the Windows version of the game through that.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Look at the first post on the thread, and under Official Compressed you'll find the download link for the Android version. Download and install. If you've already tried that and it didn't work, then you could try installing Joiplay and try to play the Windows version of the game through that.
I think they were asking how to make the mod work on android. I don't game on android so I'm no help there.

Lazooo44

Oct 20, 2022
i cant install the update 6.11, can anyone help ? there is only one file and I dont know where to put it in, and my firewall see it as a virus

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
i cant install the update 6.11, can anyone help ? there is only one file and I dont know where to put it in, and my firewall see it as a virus
Chances are that Window "helpfully" blocked the file download. First right click on the exe and check "unblock".

Untitled.png

After that if you run it from where it is it still won't do anything because it won't find the game. Move it to the games root directory and run it from there.

Untitled2.png

I personally think it's an odd update prosses, especially for a renpy game, so I just download the complete new version so I don't have to deal with it.

jahall

Feb 20, 2019
In addition to what Skeltom said, if you're running Windows 10 like me then when you click on the .exe file to install the patch it may say something about it being an exe from an unknown source. Ignore the big "don't run" button and instead click on where there's clickable text that says "Advanced". From there you'll have the option to run the patch. For the patch to work, you need to have downloaded it into the folder that has ahitr.exe in it.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
I have tried clicking on the wardrobe put I just search through the clothes and don't find any money. Is it locked behind progression?
No, it's just pretty low odds to get it seems. It doesn't matter too much anyway because you only need money for certain options. Even then it's not a whole lot anyway. Aside from a Rea scene but again, the scene works if you have money or not. It seems to be an almost pointless feature at the moment but I guess it could change at some point.

segaegae

Dec 5, 2021
I have tried clicking on the wardrobe put I just search through the clothes and don't find any money. Is it locked behind progression?
Here is the game file:
If I understand it correctly, you have 1/2 chance to find the money each time you search, and each time you do it would be a random number between 1 and 21. Of course you could roll back or sl, but there is basically no point. I believe so far there are only 3 occasions money is needed:
1, take a drink with Naomi. However you could survive without any money. Naomi does tell you to pay back later, but so far there isn't any chance to.
2, buy the glass for cait. Cait could find the money on her own if you don't have enough.
3, money tea for rae. Rae could pay on her own.
So you only need to find money if you tell someone you can pay but in reality you can't.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Here is the game file:
If I understand it correctly, you have 1/2 chance to find the money each time you search, and each time you do it would be a random number between 1 and 21. Of course you could roll back or sl, but there is basically no point. I believe so far there are only 3 occasions money is needed:
1, take a drink with Naomi. However you could survive without any money. Naomi does tell you to pay back later, but so far there isn't any chance to.
2, buy the glass for cait. Cait could find the money on her own if you don't have enough.
3, money tea for rae. Rae could pay on her own.
So you only need to find money if you tell someone you can pay but in reality you can't.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
If I understand it correctly - blind people talking about colors here? - almost correct, it is 1 to 20 dollars (random gives a number between 0 and 1, times 20 a number between 0 and 20 - but not 20 exactly. So rounded down (int) it is a whole number from 0 to 19; +1 means a number between 1 and 20.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
If I understand it correctly - blind people talking about colors here? - almost correct, it is 1 to 20 dollars (random gives a number between 0 and 1, times 20 a number between 0 and 20 - but not 20 exactly. So rounded down (int) it is a whole number from 0 to 19; +1 means a number between 1 and 20.
Yes, though multiplying two randoms together biases it towards the low end - you're much more likely to get low numbers than high ones.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Yes, though multiplying two randoms together biases it towards the low end - you're much more likely to get low numbers than high ones.
Always true when multiplying numbers. If you multiply two random (1 or 2) you can get number from 1-4, but they are 1, 2, 2, 4 - so no 3, thus the average is lower than a single 1-4 random number.

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
Hey, folks! It's been a while, sorry about that, been really busy. I tried to slide in and answer some question once or twice, but since I don't comment on leaked versions it was a bit too much trying to filter out the version-specific questions and comments from the general ones. Now 0.6.11 is officially public, so I'll go over the last ~200 messages and answer as much as I can.

And if I missed your message, please ping me!

I couldn't plat this game for 2-3 updates because of the error

Couldn't find file '._scripts.rpi'

someone or dev please help

I played it on Mac Version on my mac m1
From what I could find out, it's a random-ish issue with RenPy on Mac. I couldn't find a fix for it, unfortunately.

Some quests like Lyriel together with Cait in library (they never went together there) or Cait Period drama (nothing happens when i talk to her in her room) didn't trigger for me, can someone help please?
Please try saving and loading. There's code that tries to fix quests on load.

There's also a few quests with "hidden" conditions. Those conditions were not supposed to be hidden, but I messed up the hints code in a few places. If you can, please post your save, I'll try to have a look.

Guess I won't be playing this game for the foreseeable future then.

Damn, I shouldn't have have updated to 6.11. I didn't have this issue in 6.10 and I don't like Yona anyways.

Oh well. Anyway, thanks for telling me.
I guess you have been more lucky than me. It's been happening since, I want to say 0.5, maybe even before that. I stopped play this one for a while because of it and if anything it has gotten worse. Not entirely sure why the dev is waiting on a new version of renpy to see if it fixes it instead of just looking into it now. The dev said they were going to look into it sometime last year. Maybe they have but nothing has come of it either way.
There was a major bug introduced in RenPy 7.4.0 and all later versions which prevented AHITR from working correctly. Only recently it was correctly identified and fixed. As soon as the next version of RenPy drops (hopefully without any new major bugs), I'll move the game to it. I really don't want to build the game on another forked version.

Thought it was done well and a good story so far.

Long overdue.
Thanks! I hope we can bring Yona's and Blair's stories to the same level as the others. Or at least as close as we can considering the introduction timing.

The new library scene with Lyriel is non-repeatable? :(
Hmmm. The brief new scene for Lyriel doesn't seem to be in the gallery.
It will be repeatable and it will be added to the gallery, just didn't get around to it, working hard on new content.

its funny that I can have sex with Lyriel everywhere but when asking while doing dishes she says she won't let you breed her
On my TODO list. I'll get to it, uh... soon... -ish?

I started the game with great interest and everything is top-class, except the choices. You could literally take away 90% of the choices since they hardly matter as characterization or as real choices, their only use is to annoy the player thinking they might have lost some extra lewd or progression points with the girls.

Thing is you can actually skip scenes, Rae is life so I choose to not force the first scene and behave like a decent person and you get blowjobs later but not that scene, so I would like the dev to make his mind clear about what he wants with all those choices.
I started to look through all the choices as well. It's very unfortunate that 99% of the choices are just dialogue changes for that immediate conversation. There are a lot of choices but in the end they are all pretty hollow. There are almost no variables to go along with them aside from affection lewdness +-. Outside of that scene the choices don't exist. The game could be much better in that regard.
Okay, so this:

Apparently dev changed his mind during the development. When naomi appears rae would still act differently depending on whether you are bad or not. When you first talk with rae in her bed, she would still comments "who knows, you can be nice."

There was even a probably unused azraesha.get().angry, which seems to be always false. When it is true, various interaction would be different, e.g., when she is searching in the fridge and you come to the fridge, she would tell you to wait for your turn;

when she is taking a shower and you come to peek. she would simply tell you to go away; when winning the fight in dream, she would strike you down when you are not prepared.

But this is never set to true as far as I know, and I believe the dev drop the whole idea.
This is basically correct. Originally the game was supposed to be much more tightly coupled, with a branching, but still interdependent storyline involving all the characters. I quickly found out it was not a very good idea, at least in its original iteration.

I then made a choice to completely decouple all the girls' stories from each other. From this point the branching is in there for roleplay purposes and sometimes it will reveal some neat dialogue or an extra render or two. That said, some of the earlier events still have hints of major branching in them, and some, like the Bridge of Souls combat, were changed from story to side events.

We are revisiting and updating early events from time to time, so it's possible we'll streamline those early ones as well. As it stands right now, there are basically no missable scenes except for, like, two, one of which is a pretty obvious "choose your scene option" which can be played through twice in no time. Maybe we'll even turn it into a repeatable dream later.

Tiny bug during my replay, early game: Azraesha says we have a library ("I actually finished most of those that I found. But now we have a library") even though we don't. I've slightly delayed getting Cait, so the library is still locked, but an event that prentends its open still triggers.
Do you still have the save when this happens? I'd like to see it and fix the requirements for this quest. Or at least add an alternate line.

Yoni Story ch. 7 is not starting. I have gone through 2 weeks of "sleep" and no sound has awoken me. Did I miss something?
Try saving and loading the game if the quest does not trigger. Or walk around the house. What is your currenty hint for this quest?

Hi guys. I'm a newbie here and i need some advices.

I wrote a text about some characters of this remarkable game (thank you again Zanith!) and i want to post it here, but i'm not sure of something.

This is a reasoning about characters, what happens to them, what may have been happening to them and what may will happen to them. But characters are very tight connected to a storyline, which is not completed yet, and i have my doubts. Is it appropriate to publish such a thing here?

Still not very familiar with this place. There is a game review area here nearby, but it seems closed to me. Should i place my text right here? Or what else options do i have?
If you want to, you could join our Discord - the link is in the master post. We have discussion channels in there and channels for fan-made content. I'm sure the folks there will appreciate your musings.

You are probably right. I always thought taena's inn is some sort of refugee camp, these noble women tries to make a living after being exiled.
More will be revealed in Lyriel's story in the future.

Khm...khm...I WANT to corrupt Cait through orgasm denial!!

I mean I NEED to do it! I almost HAVE to!! DEV, corruptable Cait WHEN?
Still sorta planned! Unfortunately, synchronizing so many independent events is super hard, but maybe we'll think of something.

Unpopular girl, I know, but I'm so happy Yona's story continues to progress. Greenskin might not be a popular thing, but I love her. She has such a sweet and accommodating personality without being a doormat: very determined when she wants to be. I'm looking forward to seeing what becomes of the trouble that's brewing, especially given that the prophetic item she's aiming to get would in normal circumstances do jack all against the threat. I worry for her safety. :cry:
Oh, you will definitely see what happens. And the item will play its role. :sneaky:

I still like my theory that the "legendary weapon" that their prophecy speaks about is actually our guy bringing something like an AK47 from Earth. Or a couple; I bet Naomi would love modern guns, and would help out if Yona asked.
(also "modern guns" for a weapon designed over 75 years ago, lol)
I mean, it would definitely be a legendary weapon. At least until it runs out of ammo. Or breaks. On the other hand, AK probably could survive for ages, being passed from one hero or ruler to another... :unsure:

Unfortunately, it sometimes happens to patches made in VisualPatch. Can't really do anything about it.

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
Hey, folks! It's been a while, sorry about that, been really busy. I tried to slide in and answer some question once or twice, but since I don't comment on leaked versions it was a bit too much trying to filter out the version-specific questions and comments from the general ones. Now 0.6.11 is officially public, so I'll go over the last ~200 messages and answer as much as I can.

And if I missed your message, please ping me!

From what I could find out, it's a random-ish issue with RenPy on Mac. I couldn't find a fix for it, unfortunately.

Please try saving and loading. There's code that tries to fix quests on load.

There's also a few quests with "hidden" conditions. Those conditions were not supposed to be hidden, but I messed up the hints code in a few places. If you can, please post your save, I'll try to have a look.

There was a major bug introduced in RenPy 7.4.0 and all later versions which prevented AHITR from working correctly. Only recently it was correctly identified and fixed. As soon as the next version of RenPy drops (hopefully without any new major bugs), I'll move the game to it. I really don't want to build the game on another forked version.

Thanks! I hope we can bring Yona's and Blair's stories to the same level as the others. Or at least as close as we can considering the introduction timing.

It will be repeatable and it will be added to the gallery, just didn't get around to it, working hard on new content.

On my TODO list. I'll get to it, uh... soon... -ish?

Okay, so this:

This is basically correct. Originally the game was supposed to be much more tightly coupled, with a branching, but still interdependent storyline involving all the characters. I quickly found out it was not a very good idea, at least in its original iteration.

I then made a choice to completely decouple all the girls' stories from each other. From this point the branching is in there for roleplay purposes and sometimes it will reveal some neat dialogue or an extra render or two. That said, some of the earlier events still have hints of major branching in them, and some, like the Bridge of Souls combat, were changed from story to side events.

We are revisiting and updating early events from time to time, so it's possible we'll streamline those early ones as well. As it stands right now, there are basically no missable scenes except for, like, two, one of which is a pretty obvious "choose your scene option" which can be played through twice in no time. Maybe we'll even turn it into a repeatable dream later.

Do you still have the save when this happens? I'd like to see it and fix the requirements for this quest. Or at least add an alternate line.

Try saving and loading the game if the quest does not trigger. Or walk around the house. What is your currenty hint for this quest?

If you want to, you could join our Discord - the link is in the master post. We have discussion channels in there and channels for fan-made content. I'm sure the folks there will appreciate your musings.

More will be revealed in Lyriel's story in the future.

Still sorta planned! Unfortunately, synchronizing so many independent events is super hard, but maybe we'll think of something.

Oh, you will definitely see what happens. And the item will play its role. :sneaky:

I mean, it would definitely be a legendary weapon. At least until it runs out of ammo. Or breaks. On the other hand, AK probably could survive for ages, being passed from one hero or ruler to another... :unsure:

Unfortunately, it sometimes happens to patches made in VisualPatch. Can't really do anything about it.
Thanks for dropping in, Zanith. :D(y)

4.70 star(s) 317 Votes