QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
I wish people were this enraged about literally every single big company milking players for money. Like you buy the game then in order to play you gotta pay a monthly subscription and you still have stuff you can buy with real money. Oh or paying for mods, that's also a good one. Or how about releasing a bugfest of a game that you fix later with DLCs that are meant to also provide the other 75% of the content that should have been there from the start.

Yeah, I like Zanith, they aren't even the lesser evil, they are cool.
We do complain about it. We just do it with our wallets. When's the last time you played an AAA game and didn't pirate it? Mine was I think Civilization IV back in 2009 was it?

Sadly most people just don't care, have far too much money or are kids wasting their parents money. Or are just stupid. So they don't.

Last edited:
Reactions: Darklord1234

Ythilren

May 23, 2017
Hello there, i recently had to say farewell to my old computer wich passed away. And doing so i lost the saves of a lot of games.

Does anyone has a save up to, roughly, Yona's arrival please ?

Soloman

Dec 9, 2017
Its actually funny how something as being a good dev around here makes us all stonewall leaks for updates. In a good way I mean

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
Its actually funny how something as being a good dev around here makes us all stonewall leaks for updates. In a good way I mean
I don't think it has to do with being a good dev. It has to do with the Dev being good to the community, engaging, and also actually not fighting back at people pirating the game. Patreons (all forms) pay for the game, and some release it out into the wild on other sites. If the Dev or someone close to the Dev comes here, and posts it a few days later after the private release, no harm, no foul, and the Dev doesn't go crazy like a child, then okay. Some Devs come here and throw a fit, etc. and in those cases, people don't care and post it anyways to spite a negative attitude.

MoarDakka123

Jul 7, 2020
How to unlock the 3rd scene in Rae's gallery called "sleep aid"? i unlock all of them expect that one :c
When she comes to your room very early on you just need to be nice and play along. Maybe you need to be nice to her before that, but I always do that anyway so I have no idea.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
When she comes to your room very early on you just need to be nice and play along. Maybe you need to be nice to her before that, but I always do that anyway so I have no idea.
It's probably an intimacy check? I don't know because I'm always nice to her too. I know, I know, 'If someone asks if you are a god, you say "Yes"', but then they ask you to prove it and you can't.

Reactions: ZanithOne

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
My apologies, folks. The previous week got unexpectedly busy. I probably missed quite a few questions, so please, ping me again if you still want me to answer something.

How about an old one....

Rae and the MC first went to her Mentor's 'castle' when learning to etherwalk. Rae was talking w her mentor but I don't think we were ever informed what she asked.
Did we ever find out? Were we just supposed to presume it was about her relationship w the MC? I'm sure I have some if not all the details wrong, but I'd have to 'start' a new game I guess, to look into it more.

Or was that just something that they may or may not ever come back to?

just curious.
cheers
Rae's mentor lady will be featured in more scenes for sure.

Please also add some content to "The perfect character Rae". ❤ (I know Lyriel is not over yet, but pls) :D
Interesting update, I like the more Lyriel content. She's an interesting character with a lot of nuance still.

Though it's unfair to request anything of the dev, I'd like to see more time spent with Azraesha. Most of the interactions with her still feel really shallow? Like we're not getting into what really makes her tick.
Rae's story will be continued this Autumn for sure. Despite featuring in many scenes and having tons of sex content (succubus, duh), her personal story is one of the shortest ATM.

Remember the phone counts as using a guide. To qualify you have to go through 5 plot steps in a row with any character without using anything but your wits and the objectives book.
Well... I'm planning to move the hints from the phone into the quest log pretty soon. There are some technical/game design limitation that prevent me from making events much easier to trigger. I can't make multiple versions of the event for each time period, etc.

Ideally, I'd love to add more "immersive" hints, such as girls mentioning possible triggers in generic dialogues, but it's a bit too much work for me at the moment.

updater for the compress version doesn't work.
Have you unpacked the game or used any mod before? If you did, make sure you don't have unpacked files left before updating. Unfortunately, I can't be 100% certain the patch would work since it's a 3rd party solution for binary patching. It can be unstable.

New lyriel scene is just delightful.
Though was hoping the dishes sex dialogue would be amended too.
It will be, as soon as I find time to do that.

Anyone know why this game dont run in JoiPlay?
I'm using a modified version of RenPy, and I just don't see myself giving up the convenience of being able to tweak the engine a bit.

When the hints say things like "Proceed with one of her routes" makes me think that there is more than one route that you go down for each girl is that right? If that's the case does anyone know of a walkthrough for the game?
For now, there's:
- "Personal story" route for each girl. This is the one that's going to show off their personality the most.
- "Special" route, again, one for each girl. This is mostly about sex or some particular aspect of the relationship.
- Side events. Those are optional and are very loosely connected.

Loving the game, but I hope the developer does some changes to the gallery and scenes.

As it stands, if somebody loses their save, they don't unlock any galleries done previously even if they download somebody else's full save. And some are missable even then.

A simple gallery unlocker option would fix that, for people that don't want to play through everything just to unlock them again.
Gallery unlocker is on my TODO list. And I'll try my best to fix the damn saves.

I hope the Dev or android Porter can compressed the size a bit.
i'm having trouble because my phone can't instal over 1,4GB (Android 8)
I've been playing this game since the beginning of this game release, I don't have a PC.
And it looks like it's not just me, there must be someone in the same boat as me.
Sorry, but even if I recompress everything once again, the game will cross over this threshold in another few months. It's just the unfortunate reality of a sandbox game. I can't make it smaller or cut it up into chunks.

Recommending Eragon eh? I figured you had good taste but for it to be this good... glorious!
That event actually wasn't written by me. :whistle: I haven't read a page of Eragon in my life.

How come we can't fuck Cait yet?
Soon™

Loved the Lyriel arc, the only (minor) complaint I have is: She's a virgin, MC should have gone downtown to warm her up before just shoving it on in there (yes, I know it was specifically stated she was hot and ready). Just kind of seemed the right thing to do, thought it might happen on round 2, but then, nope.
Yeah, I agree, but... I spend almost a week on all those animations and just couldn't afford to spend even more time on this one event. :(

Is the current main story already over after "saving" the female orc?
My "Things to do" list is empty.
Please check out the "love app" (the heart icon thingie). The "main" story is very short ATM. It should pick up soon-ish.

How can i update form 0.5.3 to 0.5.4 :rolleyes:
Oh. You're right, I should add a list of older patches somewhere.

faradhii

Sep 8, 2019
Yeah, I agree, but... I spend almost a week on all those animations and just couldn't afford to spend even more time on this one event. :(
Ouch! I'll go back to my lurking, had no idea it takes that long! (obviously not a programmer at all!) Thanks for the reply and the enjoyable game!

Reactions: ElukiaTV

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Well... I'm planning to move the hints from the phone into the quest log pretty soon. There are some technical/game design limitation that prevent me from making events much easier to trigger. I can't make multiple versions of the event for each time period, etc.
I still don't get why you want to do that. The girls' individual hints being separate from the main story hints is a great thing.

Reactions: Skorm007

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
Ouch! I'll go back to my lurking, had no idea it takes that long! (obviously not a programmer at all!) Thanks for the reply and the enjoyable game!
It's not really the programming, it's the posing that takes so much time. The kissing/touching animation is completely custom, made by dragging IK nodes all over the place, and it takes a hell of a lot of time. Maybe one day I'll be able to revisit the scene and add a bit of extra to it, but I really need to get on with the essential stuff first.

I still don't get why you want to do that. The girls' individual hints being separate from the main story hints is a great thing.
They way I see it, the girl's personal events make up something like 90% of the game's content right now, and quite a few folks just completely miss out on that, thinking that there's only the main story, and maybe a few extra side events.

I'll make sure to keep the distinction between the "main" and personal quests, though.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
They way I see it, the girl's personal events make up something like 90% of the game's content right now, and quite a few folks just completely miss out on that, thinking that there's only the main story, and maybe a few extra side events.
So everybody has their own package to carry - I'm more losing my connection with the main storyline (getting back home and all that) for the girls. Not that I am complaining, it could be worse ;)

4.70 star(s) 318 Votes