NoStepOnSnek

Apr 29, 2018
First time playing through and it might've already been discussed before so forgive me but isn't the last question for the "Phone Dream Quiz"(Or whatever the proper name is) grammatically incorrect or something? I followed the train of logic for every one immediately except that last one and the right answer was absolute nonsense logically speaking "Some Life Savers Are Not Bumper Cars" would make sense logically, but changing not to no really throws everything off and unless I'm wrong, following the rules of logical deduction, 2 of the other 3 answers are equally correct. Is it just because it's a play on the words themselves(I.E saying "are no bumper cars" is functionally the same as saying "not" but incorporates the words so is therefore correct?) but saying no bumper cars are lifesavers/etc isn't correct because it doesn't have the words?
Sure I'm just overthinking this but it was an entertaining overthink if nothing else. Curious to hear what others think/thought
There are no wordgames here, the phrasing is just a bit formulaic and thus may sound weird. However, the last question makes a subtle change in the order of its statements compared to previous ones to throw you off - Answer 1, 2 and 3 simply aren't supported logically.
1) We don't know what can be a bumper car, only that ambulances aren't. Maybe firetrucks are, do they save lives?
2) Again, we don't know for sure whether any of them are or aren't, it's just a possibility.
3) Again, there may be life savers besides ambulances. Those could be bumper cars.
4) This is the only one where we don't speculate. We know at least some life savers are ambulances and we're told that the ones that are, definitely aren't bumper cars.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

DorcasAurelia

Nov 17, 2018
The questions from the phone dream quiz are the kind that are straight out of Logic 101 class; I find it helps to think of it more as mathematical than literal. NoStepOnSnek's explanation sounds pretty solid to me, so I'm not going to try to elaborate and risk confusing the issue.

Reactions: ZanithOne

ThaRealThiccShady

Mar 16, 2020
There are no wordgames here, the phrasing is just a bit formulaic and thus may sound weird. However, the last question makes a subtle change in the order of its statements compared to previous ones to throw you off - Answer 1, 2 and 3 simply aren't supported logically.
1) We don't know what can be a bumper car, only that ambulances aren't. Maybe firetrucks are, do they save lives?
2) Again, we don't know for sure whether any of them are or aren't, it's just a possibility.
3) Again, there may be life savers besides ambulances. Those could be bumper cars.
4) This is the only one where we don't speculate. We know at least some life savers are ambulances and we're told that the ones that are, definitely aren't bumper cars.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Ahhh that makes sooo much sense, thank you! I hadn't considered it didn't exclude things in that statement as opposed to the others and the way it went about not excluding them threw me with the phrasing-or did at 10:30 after a joint after an 8hr work day, anyway.

eddiekray

Oct 1, 2020
i avoided this game for long, cause of the artstyle.....but that was one my biggest mistakes in my life. This game is just absolutely amazing.

zerdeca

Jun 15, 2017
i avoided this game for long, cause of the artstyle.....but that was one my biggest mistakes in my life. This game is just absolutely amazing.
You'll miss a lot of really good games if you ignore the Illusion/Honey Select art style. I think 3 or 4 of the top 10 games on this website use Honey Select to make their game

Doc_Odd

Jun 15, 2017
This is true for Aristotelian logic, but not for most modern ways of doing logic. For most modern logic, all of the answers are wrong, as most moderns say "all F are G" is true as long as there are no F which are not G, including the trivial case where this is because there are no F at all (so under that approach we couldn't be sure that there are ambulances, we only know that if there are any ambulances, they're life savers). Aristotle required that there be at least some F for an "all F are G" claim to be true, so for him what you say about the fourth possibility is correct.

zerdeca

Jun 15, 2017
Can you please recommend some for me? :)
  • Once in a Lifetime (third highest rated on this website and my all time favorite)
  • The Headmaster
  • Harem Hotel (great game but the story for some girls are getting really dramatic and depressing which isn't bad but it can make it hard to take the other girls' stories seriously. At least for me)
  • Waifu Academy (pretty good if you don't mind waiting a year for an update)
  • Ripples
Part of the reason games use this art style or similar ones is because the software (it's a character creator game) is a lot easier/quicker to use than something like Daz or Blender so you can find a lot of other games on here that look like A House in the Rift.

MoarDakka123

Jul 7, 2020
  • Once in a Lifetime (third highest rated on this website and my all time favorite)
  • The Headmaster
  • Harem Hotel (great game but the story for some girls are getting really dramatic and depressing which isn't bad but it can make it hard to take the other girls' stories seriously. At least for me)
  • Waifu Academy (pretty good if you don't mind waiting a year for an update)
  • Ripples
Part of the reason games use this art style or similar ones is because the software (it's a character creator game) is a lot easier/quicker to use than something like Daz or Blender so you can find a lot of other games on here that look like A House in the Rift.
I'm going to add Pale Carnations to that list. It's not exactly for the squeamish and is actually way outside my comfort zone, but the writing and characters are just so good that it's all (easily) worth it. So good.

Like, really, the characters you don't love, you'll probably love to hate. Just top-tier stuff.

EDIT Oh, and Wicked Rouge is supposedly pretty good, but I haven't gotten very far into it. Not a huge fan of the grind.

Last edited:

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
hello does anyone knows how to increase intimacy with rae and how to give her the ice creams?
Intimacy I think the most consistent are eating breakfast and watching TV with her, not sure because for me she's had maxed out intimacy for like a year. You can't give her the icecream. You could in an older version but it got taken out for some reason, it's planned to be restored at some point but it's been a while since we heard about it. Probably because Zanith wants to make it more like giving Naomi the whiskey with an actual short scene associated with it than just 'Give her icecream. Yaaay! Intimacy +1', which would need actual development time.

criestoomuch

Oct 22, 2020
Mythic Manor Kind of a mix of this game and the previously mentioned Harem Hotel. Yes the last update was a long time ago but the next one should be within the next couple of weeks. And it's supposed to be pretty big.

The Anomalous Dr Vibes Very funny. Great sex scenes. A lot of kinks that you can turn on and off. Really interesting premise.

Reactions: longsuper1
4.70 star(s) 318 Votes