segaegae

Dec 5, 2021
View attachment 2148763
Sick of these fucking lies!
First lie: the dollars in your hand.
Second lie: you found $1
Third lie: you have no idea what you can do with money here.
Forth lie: it feels wrong not take it.

The fact: You have a illusion of dollar. You know fully well the merchants can't tell the difference at least until you come back, you feel so wrong about it, but you nevertheless take it heartlessly. Mixing it with the real dollars from rae certainly will do the trick better.

Halbyn

Dec 8, 2021
ZanithOne
I spotted a mistake in Rae's reworked shower scene.
In the Go Hard animation, our boy has brewers droop and you can see space between them. Poor Rae's getting slapped with a noodle.
Screenshot_20221106-110646_A House in the Rift.jpg
That's the best screenshot I could get, but it's far more noticeable in-game.
Wish I'd never noticed tbh, otherwise it's the best shower scene I've ever seen in a game, but I can't unsee it.

Last edited:

DaFlurbIsHere

Jun 3, 2022
Where/when is the new scene with Cait? I zipped through the story content in less than 10 minutes... No idea what is new with Cait (not the swimming pool, not her room...)

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Where/when is the new scene with Cait? I zipped through the story content in less than 10 minutes... No idea what is new with Cait (not the swimming pool, not her room...)
It isn't a new event or anything. It's just that you can sleep with her in the shower.

segaegae

Dec 5, 2021
I made some mods for this wonderful game. Have fun.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Nightfall414

Jan 11, 2018
This might be a really daft question, but can anyone tell me where the saves are stored for this on a PC?

I rebuilt my PC a few weeks back, and preserved the old file system on a separate HDD so I could make sure I didn't accidentally a load of stuff I wanted to keep. I think I've justabout got everything sorted, but I need to transfer the saves over.

Anyone got an answer for me?

Otherguy2012

Aug 21, 2021
I made some mods for this wonderful game. Have fun.

Master of the fridges rofl. Well done sir.

Reactions: nsfwdemanded

segaegae

Dec 5, 2021
This might be a really daft question, but can anyone tell me where the saves are stored for this on a PC?

I rebuilt my PC a few weeks back, and preserved the old file system on a separate HDD so I could make sure I didn't accidentally a load of stuff I wanted to keep. I think I've justabout got everything sorted, but I need to transfer the saves over.

Anyone got an answer for me?
Two locations. One is the where the game is, ie, ...\a house in the rift\game\saves
The other is in appdata, i.e., C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\a house in the rift
Either one works. Though I am not sure what happens if there is conflict.

Reactions: Cartageno

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Two locations. One is the where the game is, ie, ...\a house in the rift\game\saves
The other is in appdata, i.e., C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\a house in the rift
Either one works. Though I am not sure what happens if there is conflict.
If there is a conflict (two different 1-1 saves for example) usually the AppData takes precedence.

However, if the conflict is "one exists, the other one doesn't", the one existing takes precedence, so restoring one of the directories should be enough.

I would still suggest the AppData path for the persistent file.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
If there is a conflict (two different 1-1 saves for example) usually the AppData takes precedence.

However, if the conflict is "one exists, the other one doesn't", the one existing takes precedence, so restoring one of the directories should be enough.

I would still suggest the AppData path for the persistent file.
I'm pretty sure it is the other way around, the ones in the game folder will take precedence over the system folder ones. I've had issues before when some game downloads weren't clean and included save files, they took precedence over my saves in the system folder.
IMO the bigger thing to remember is that the game folder will not contain any saves that were created with an earlier version of the game, while the system folder will. IMO always go for the system folder, and copy the saves to the system folder on the new machine. Any other way can result in losing save files.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
I'm pretty sure it is the other way around, the ones in the game folder will take precedence over the system folder ones. I've had issues before when some game downloads weren't clean and included save files, they took precedence over my saves in the system folder.
IMO the bigger thing to remember is that the game folder will not contain any saves that were created with an earlier version of the game, while the system folder will. IMO always go for the system folder, and copy the saves to the system folder on the new machine. Any other way can result in losing save files.
That happened to me this time around. I still had my old saves tucked away in a backup so it wasn't a huge problem but the only thing that got transferred over from the appdata folder this time where the persistent and auto saves.

Crazonian1

Apr 2, 2022
ZanithOne
I spotted a mistake in Rae's reworked shower scene.
In the Go Hard animation, our boy has brewers droop and you can see space between them. Poor Rae's getting slapped with a noodle.
View attachment 2150727
That's the best screenshot I could get, but it's far more noticeable in-game.
Wish I'd never noticed tbh, otherwise it's the best shower scene I've ever seen in a game, but I can't unsee it.
I never noticed that mistake, but i was playing the VN yesterday after a long hiatus, and i noticed in one animation MC had 3 hands while in the shower with the elf. Like one on her breast, one on her waist and one between her legs. It's probably been that way forever and been mentioned repeatedly, but i just noticed it and thought it was funny. Like how does that happen?

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I never noticed that mistake, but i was playing the VN yesterday after a long hiatus, and i noticed in one animation MC had 3 hands while in the shower with the elf. Like one on her breast, one on her waist and one between her legs. It's probably been that way forever and been mentioned repeatedly, but i just noticed it and thought it was funny. Like how does that happen?
If you mean the first animation in the scene "Sexier Shower", the hand on her breast is her own, she's caressing herself here.

Reactions: Skeltom

segaegae

Dec 5, 2021
Yes, because Blair was planned before she was introduced. I don't know when Zanith picked the name, but her character was planned for years.
I know there is planning, but I thought names might come in only the last moment.
I wonder about other names. There is rift, house, zan. Gilviel is the only other (than zan) cg maker listed in credits. The rest on floor 1 I'm not sure, but maybe refer to some in the credits as well, there is Eldjotnar, Hats, and Yhoundeh. The closest thing I get for oonur is a rift lord oonorlund, but...

4.70 star(s) 318 Votes