Wisblade

Jul 2, 2019
I don't see any particular reason for this to happen. All the videos are shown via a default command, and while I do have some animation-related custom code, it's really basic and shouldn't affect the playback at all. I've set aside time to port the game to the latest version of RenPy in the coming months, we'll see if it solves the issue.
I'm sure that you didn't done that intentionally (like "Oh, this bug is nasty, I'll let it in the code just to piss off players!", that would be evil... ;)). But it's the only Ren'Py game I have that have this bug, and like others said, it's too frequent on too many machines to be an user error - and if it finally IS an user error, then it's so easy to do that you should enforce something to prevent it... Indeed, upgrading to the last Ren'Py may help, or maybe it's a persistent value in savegame / preferences / whatsoever ? I'm not using any mod, so this isn't the issue here...

Maybe you can provide a test file / script / whatever to test the issue on our machines, and see what happens internally? Or do you want our savefiles? The only sure thing is that the problem is within AHITR itself - since it doesn't happen with other games at all... As you said, that's quite the basic feature: it's obviously something sneaky but quite simple and optional-like, otherwise it would affect everyone or would even crash the game...

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Surely the money found in the house is House-made??
Yes, but you yourself pointed out that Rae pawned her own jewelry. That definitely would not be something created by the house. She exchanged her real (non-house) possessions for real (non-house) earth money. As such, that should never go away. And since we can clearly see that real-world items don't disappear in the house, whatever wasn't spent would still be available to her.

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
Yes, but you yourself pointed out that Rae pawned her own jewelry. That definitely would not be something created by the house. She exchanged her real (non-house) possessions for real (non-house) earth money. As such, that should never go away. And since we can clearly see that real-world items don't disappear in the house, whatever wasn't spent would still be available to her.
I think they are talking about the money that the MC finds throughout the house, not the money that Rae gets. The MC can find money in the house by scrounging about (like in your wardrobe for example). The money you find throughout the house would be considered "house-made".

• Thinking Face
Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
** sorry for the wait, something broke on our end and i wasn't available to fix it.

AHouseInTheRift-0.6.6r2
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with both F95Zone and the developer of this game.
If you run into issues please use this thread or join us on !

We're crowdfunded, !​

Dextros

Jul 18, 2021
Rejoice fellow peons! I have been balls deep in the matrix to bring you the sweet sweet nectar that is a GALLERY UNLOCKER!!!

I know, I know, you are undeserving of such a marvel but it's ok, I feel generous today and will give you this gallery unlocker out of the goodness of my gigantic golden heart.

It should work with future versions until the dev changes the scene_gallery_utils files.

When a new version is released you can give it a try or you can give me a day to try it myself, at which time I will edit this post to confirm if it works.

Intallation:
Extract and drag the "game" folder to the "ahitr.exe" location

* This is a gallery unlocker, meaning if a scene was not added to the gallery, this will not add it .*
**I didn't make the gallery, I just found which variable to change to unlock it.**
***For some reason the scene from Azraesha "Under her feet" won't play.***

2022-11-03 - No new scenes were added to the scene gallery so no need to update the file. I also confirm that it works as intended.
Just where exactly do the files go?? because its not unlocking anything for me i still have black boxes

n3vmt

Feb 24, 2018
Anyone else having problems with the Mega download? download speed sub 100kb/s ? usually it's over 10-15 MB/s for me.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I think they are talking about the money that the MC finds throughout the house, not the money that Rae gets. The MC can find money in the house by scrounging about (like in your wardrobe for example). The money you find throughout the house would be considered "house-made".
Partly. I was only addressing the specific reference to Rae's pawned stuff:
10) rae explains to lyriel that everything they take would either disappear or return to the house when the walk ends. Yet they buy with money and rae even pawn her armlet?
So yes, anything they buy with money spawned by the house would disappear in the real world. Since Rae pawned her armlet on earth, though, the money she got from that was real and so wouldn't disappear later. The statement, "yet they buy with money and rae even pawn her armlet" is a mixed reference, because it covers two different types of money. I was only meaning to make the distinction: they should not be lumped together because the two types of money don't work the same.

segaegae

Dec 5, 2021
Partly. I was only addressing the specific reference to Rae's pawned stuff:

So yes, anything they buy with money spawned by the house would disappear in the real world. Since Rae pawned her armlet on earth, though, the money she got from that was real and so wouldn't disappear later. The statement, "yet they buy with money and rae even pawn her armlet" is a mixed reference, because it covers two different types of money. I was only meaning to make the distinction: they should not be lumped together because the two types of money don't work the same.
Okay, the conversation here is indeed a bit confusing now.
When I initially asked the question, I did not think about the distinction between house made and otherwise, so there should be no different types. They are listed together because to my memory these seems to be the only thing the left in the other worlds.
Now dev answered that armlet is not house made, that solved half of the question. Yet there is still the question about money purely in the house, some you find in the closure, some cait found in the books. You could buy a drink before rae pawned her armlet, and cait buys glass with money in the books. These are definitely house made, and therefore they should disappear or return?

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Okay, the conversation here is indeed a bit confusing now.
When I initially asked the question, I did not think about the distinction between house made and otherwise, so there should be no different types. They are listed together because to my memory these seems to be the only thing the left in the other worlds.
Now dev answered that armlet is not house made, that solved half of the question. Yet there is still the question about money purely in the house, some you find in the closure, some cait found in the books. You could buy a drink before rae pawned her armlet, and cait buys glass with money in the books. These are definitely house made, and therefore they should disappear or return?
Yes, at least from my understanding. If the house itself creates the money, it will inevitably disappear and return to the house. If the money is from another source (like the earth money Rae got for the armlet), it is normal money and so won't disappear. So, if Rae spent some of that on earth, it would remain on earth. If Rae instead spent any money the house generated, that would ultimately disappear from a realm outside the house (like earth) and return to the house.

Agungteguh27

Jun 4, 2017
Rejoice fellow peons! I have been balls deep in the matrix to bring you the sweet sweet nectar that is a GALLERY UNLOCKER!!!

I know, I know, you are undeserving of such a marvel but it's ok, I feel generous today and will give you this gallery unlocker out of the goodness of my gigantic golden heart.

It should work with future versions until the dev changes the scene_gallery_utils files.

When a new version is released you can give it a try or you can give me a day to try it myself, at which time I will edit this post to confirm if it works.

Intallation:

* This is a gallery unlocker, meaning if a scene was not added to the gallery, this will not add it .*
**I didn't make the gallery, I just found which variable to change to unlock it.**
***For some reason the scene from Azraesha "Under her feet" won't play.***

2022-11-03 - No new scenes were added to the scene gallery so no need to update the file. I also confirm that it works as intended.
does this work on the latest ver?

segaegae

Dec 5, 2021
Yes, at least from my understanding. If the house itself creates the money, it will inevitably disappear and return to the house. If the money is from another source (like the earth money Rae got for the armlet), it is normal money and so won't disappear. So, if Rae spent some of that on earth, it would remain on earth. If Rae instead spent any money the house generated, that would ultimately disappear from a realm outside the house (like earth) and return to the house.
I feel a bit guilty now... guess that is (one of the reasons) why rae is so keen on pawning her own armlet.

Dextros

Jul 18, 2021
"
Intallation:
"
i dont see a ahitr.exe is what i am saying. there is no such designation
so again someone please tell me what file name they go into or show me? because i have placed it everywhere i would think they should go and nothing happens.

4.70 star(s) 318 Votes