jahall

Feb 20, 2019
True generally. However, you don't make an "update only" download and not expect people to copy-paste it. That defeats the entire point of an "update only" set of files in the first place. I don't normally suggest copying files over like that, but given the idea behind this smaller download, I think it's intended to work that way.
The "update only" doesn't work like that. You don't get a "set of files". What you download is a single executable file which, when you run it, does the necessary updating of the game's files.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
The "update only" doesn't work like that. You don't get a "set of files". What you download is a single executable file which, when you run it, does the necessary updating of the game's files.
Apparently. Not sure why Zanith would do it this way, rather than using what pretty much every other Ren'Py game I've seen does when offering an "update only" option. I guess the developer (since they're on F95 here) will need to offer assistance. Worst case scenario is that if it won't work for you, you can always just download the full game, say overnight while you sleep.

Wisblade

Jul 2, 2019
I tried that. It's just a bunch of diff. and dat. files. I just redownloaded it in the end. Unfortunately I'm back to the looping issue I had before. I was fine with 0.6.5 but its back now. I'm in the prosses of updating windows and my graphics drivers to see if I cant get it squared away. I really don't know what the problem is.
You're definitively not lone: this looping issue is not constant, but very frequent, depending on updates. Didn't saw anything related to the game being patched with updates, or not. Previously fine animations now stop, and I wan't able to find anything to trigger/correct the problem - it happens, and without any visible reason.

Highly frustrating, this SHOULD be a priority to solve this bug for next release... Obviously, I can provide my savefiles, or run any specific thing that may help... I'm sure that all people here having this problem can do the same.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
You're definitively not lone: this looping issue is not constant, but very frequent, depending on updates. Didn't saw anything related to the game being patched with updates, or not. Previously fine animations now stop, and I wan't able to find anything to trigger/correct the problem - it happens, and without any visible reason.

Highly frustrating, this SHOULD be a priority to solve this bug for next release... Obviously, I can provide my savefiles, or run any specific thing that may help... I'm sure that all people here having this problem can do the same.
That's the thing though, it's not a "next update" kind of thing. It was doing it before the last time I played and that was 0.6.0 and it's still an issue now.

The only thing I did differently with the last version was play it in one sitting. I have tried everything under the sun on my end to fix it but only "one" has done anything. It's a huge pain in the ass but starting a new game and leaving it open until the content is finished is the only thing that makes any kind of difference. If the game is closed it goes right back the the same thing.

The issue happens to more than one player so I have a very hard time believing that they are all a case of user error. I don't want to say it hasn't been looked in to but it hasn't been addressed. It has been discussed with the dev directly so it's not like it's unknown to them.

BeenThroughHell

Sep 10, 2020
Its been a while since i last visit and played this game. So many updates had pass. I think its time to revisit this.

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
Alrighty, here's what I have ZanithOne

1-6 shows the brushing of her hair...

2-2 shows the glasses long before the proper event is unlocked

2-5 shows "Period Drama" not triggering properly

-- Sorry looks like I don't have a save handy where Naomi & Cait are supposed to be in the West Hall according to the quick map but aren't there. -- I'm believing this is directly related to the mission "Scary Stories"

5-3 another for the brushing of the hair, however I believe it shows it triggering before the flag for it unlocks as it opened up pretty early for me before I got the one of her staring blankly into the mirror.
Thank you! I'll try to fix as much as I can.

Here's my save from the conclusion of 0.6.4r1

It's not literally "right before I wake up incorrectly" but hopefully that's ok?

I also tried playing with my save from the conclusion of 0.6.3r1 and it broke in the same way

(I know I can permit myself access to the console and manually conclude the event, but I don't know if that'd break something else down the line)
Thanks, I'll have a look.

5) Not sure if intended, but when Irinel uses rae's favorite word "dear", I feel a bit off.
View attachment 792403311139094559.webp

10) rae explains to lyriel that everything they take would either disappear or return to the house when the walk ends. Yet they buy with money and rae even pawn her armlet?
There's a difference between "House-made" stuff and other stuff

I think I found possible bugs:

1) it is possible to delay the first talk about tv with rae to much later when it does not make sense at all.

Just don't check rae on the sofa. On second in game day, check rae on the fridge, check the shower, check mc's own closet, be honest in all these, then the night rae would ask if mc is a magi. Everything then progress as normal, only that when you check rae watching TV, she still behaves like she never knows about tv, and mc could still ask for service, even after rae sees tv talks about demons being evil, even after movie nights.

2) on the evening of the day after the 3rd dream about caitlin, rae would tell mc she finds new magazines from the library then showing off new clothes. Library should appear on that day indeed, but caitlin should have locked the door on that day, and rae would not enter it (without finding out about caitlin and informing others). Shouldn't these activity be delayed one day, until naomi finds out the library?
Hmmm. Yes, that sounds wrong. Thanks, I'll have a look.

FYI, ZanithOne, upstairs in the bathroom when Lyriel is cleaning, if I have the MC propose going to her room and then pick the option So you don't?, the game immediately jumps to her room, sitting down beside her on the bed. I've done this sequence with previous versions, so I believe a bug was introduced in this latest release that causes some dialogue and renders to get skipped.
Thanks, will be fixed!

Ah, then gotta be a glitch if they keep showing up in the Hall then.

But yeah, I get that about Period Drama. It was the same for me. Took ages for that one, and then when I finally got the first stage I was just like "Thanks goodness!", and then hoped I would be able to finish it up. But nope, took ages again for the next stage. The timegating on that is insane lol. That needs to be fixed.
The stages of the event should trigger two days after the previous one. It's supposed to be a background event, so it's paced this way.

Naomi being left in the dust update after update sucks man. Shes literally the second woman there but shes somehow feels the most distant from the player. rae like dates /moments with her would be so cool
Her story picks up in 0.6.7!

But yeah ZanithOne should just add them to dreamscape permanently.
No. :whistle:

I hope that she's right about Sirenia, that we've been overestimating the trouble she's in, though I don't think that we have. I don't think she really believes that either, I think it's just cope. But what can we do? Other than being here for Rae, as we always have been.
Well... :sneaky: But yeah, not yet.

The downstairs bathroom is one such place, Cait and Lyriel both refuse to let us join them there while being just fine in the shower up here.
That's definitely gonna change soon-ish.

I'm not sure I can picture how anything even a little like the threads we saw could be like lace.
But does it have to be like the threads?

Cait complaining about Blair lying on the table is interesting, especially when she goes red while talking about it; I have wondered for a while if she's into girls, maybe Blair's cleavage being right in front of her was distracting her? :sneaky:
But maybe there's another explanation!

Oh, I remember your looping question. I actually see the same; some videos don't repeat like others do. (I definitely do see some repeat, however.) Is it just an issue with newer versions of the game? What I mean is, maybe something in the code changed from a past version to the newer ones and the videos don't repeat now b/c of changes to the code. I have seen this occasionally with this game, but I don't actually know that it's a problem on the player's end, especially since more than one person has seen this issue. But I can't say for sure, ofc.

I don't see any particular reason for this to happen. All the videos are shown via a default command, and while I do have some animation-related custom code, it's really basic and shouldn't affect the playback at all. I've set aside time to port the game to the latest version of RenPy in the coming months, we'll see if it solves the issue.

Apparently. Not sure why Zanith would do it this way, rather than using what pretty much every other Ren'Py game I've seen does when offering an "update only" option. I guess the developer (since they're on F95 here) will need to offer assistance. Worst case scenario is that if it won't work for you, you can always just download the full game, say overnight while you sleep.
I went with the executable patches because of the way the assets are packed. If I were to offer naive diff files, some updates would be almost the size of the full game due to many small changes in different packages. This is partially solvable by splitting assets into much smaller packages, but I don't think I want to go that way.

ZanithOne hi. Can you please fix it for joiplay?
I'll update the game to run on one of the latest unmodified versions of RenPy soon, it should fix the JoiPlay issue.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Missed Update Only v0.6.5r2 anyone still got the link
You don't need 0.6.5 to see the content. It is still present with the newest version. You can still find the "update only" patch from 6.4 to 6.5 on the Patreon page.

Cabby0791

May 31, 2019
Updating my "how to to get all the un-lockable shit" document - since there are now a whole boatload more things to find.

v0.5.14r2

Updating for v0.6.0r2 with all the new stuff for Blair, Caitlin, Naomi, and Lyriel

Updated for V0.6.1r2
Note: Since my file has a ton of pictures in it, it is large (~20MB) and the site won't let me upload it. So I had to compress the pictures to not as great of quality (300 dpi, not 600 dpi) - but they are still good enough.
Any plans to update this since there have been several new scenes added since the last guide update?

• Haha
Reactions: Bse
4.70 star(s) 318 Votes