Apr 18, 2021
I never understood why devs make it actually seasonal either. They could just as easily add it to the gallery or in this case dreamscape and it would serve the same purpose. Having said that I didn't know about the Christmas event, I'll have to try and check it out.
I just got it. I had set my clock to christmas this year. When I tried 2021 it finally worked.
But yeah ZanithOne should just add them to dreamscape permanently. I didn't even know there were other seasonal events besides Halloween, until I saw someone else asking about this.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
I just got it. I had set my clock to christmas this year. When I tried 2021 it finally worked.
But yeah ZanithOne should just add them to dreamscape permanently. I didn't even know there were other seasonal events besides Halloween, until I saw someone else asking about this.
Looking at the scripts it's just for Halloween and Christmas. I guess the Bunny one could be Easter but for as many times as I've played this I have yet to do any of the dreams that didn't come up during the story. Before it was to avoid spoilers with the girls. I guess I should probably do them now that you've been able to sleep with everyone minus Blair but I don't think she is involved with any of them yet.

Apr 18, 2021
Looking at the scripts it's just for Halloween and Christmas. I guess the Bunny one could be Easter but for as many times as I've played this I have yet to do any of the dreams that didn't come up during the story. Before it was to avoid spoilers with the girls. I guess I should probably do them now that you've been able to sleep with everyone minus Blair but I don't think she is involved with any of them yet.
Blair doesn't seem to be involved in any of the events, yet. She'll probably be in this years events. New update is live for higher tier patreons right now. So we'll just have to wait.
There is an Easter event? Guess I'll try messing around with the clock some more.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Blair doesn't seem to be involved in any of the events, yet. She'll probably be in this years events. New update is live for higher tier patreons right now. So we'll just have to wait.
There is an Easter event? Guess I'll try messing around with the clock some more.
I don't think it's Easter per se. It does involve bunny costumes from what I've seen though. It's unlock with one of the codes from what I remember.

Apr 18, 2021
I don't think it's Easter per se. It does involve bunny costumes from what I've seen though. It's unlock with one of the codes from what I remember.
Ah yes that's the one with the lounge. Not an Easter event, but awesome all the same.
I don't think there is an Easter event, at least I couldn't find it on any of the relevant dates.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Ah yes that's the one with the lounge. Not an Easter event, but awesome all the same.
I don't think there is an Easter event, at least I couldn't find it on any of the relevant dates.
I don't think there is. I only see scary_stories and xmas in the side quests folder. There is also another event labeled halloween_20 but I don't know anything else about it. Its separate from Scary Stories though, in the dreams section. It may have been added a while ago. Last time I played before this it was still on 0.6.0.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Kind of hard to include her in any events made before she even arrived.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ZanithOne

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
I'm guessing that if you change the folder name for the game the "update only" doesn't work?

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I'm guessing that if you change the folder name for the game the "update only" doesn't work?
I haven't used the "update only" download, so I can't say with 100% certainty, but isn't that just a set of new files and changes to existing files? This is in Ren'Py, so you should just be able to unzip what you download and then copy-paste the files across into your A House in the Rift folder. Whatever you call it, having a changed folder name shouldn't cause any issues at all.

And if you're worried about losing anything you already have on your machine/device (although you really shouldn't be), you can always just duplicate your existing copy of the game and then paste into one of the two. If there for some reason are problems, you still have an unchanged copy of the game.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
I haven't used the "update only" download, so I can't say with 100% certainty, but isn't that just a set of new files and changes to existing files? This is in Ren'Py, so you should just be able to unzip what you download and then copy-paste the files across into your A House in the Rift folder. Whatever you call it, having a changed folder name shouldn't cause any issues at all.

And if you're worried about losing anything you already have on your machine/device (although you really shouldn't be), you can always just duplicate your existing copy of the game and then paste into one of the two. If there for some reason are problems, you still have an unchanged copy of the game.
I tried that. It's just a bunch of diff. and dat. files. I just redownloaded it in the end. Unfortunately I'm back to the looping issue I had before. I was fine with 0.6.5 but its back now. I'm in the prosses of updating windows and my graphics drivers to see if I cant get it squared away. I really don't know what the problem is.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I tried that. It's just a bunch of diff. and dat. files. I just redownloaded it in the end. Unfortunately I'm back to the looping issue I had before. I was fine with 0.6.5 but its back now. I'm in the prosses of updating windows and my graphics drivers to see if I cant get it squared away. I really don't know what the problem is.
Oh, I remember your looping question. I actually see the same; some videos don't repeat like others do. (I definitely do see some repeat, however.) Is it just an issue with newer versions of the game? What I mean is, maybe something in the code changed from a past version to the newer ones and the videos don't repeat now b/c of changes to the code. I have seen this occasionally with this game, but I don't actually know that it's a problem on the player's end, especially since more than one person has seen this issue. But I can't say for sure, ofc.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Oh, I remember your looping question. I actually see the same; some videos don't repeat like others do. (I definitely do see some repeat, however.) Is it just an issue with newer versions of the game? What I mean is, maybe something in the code changed from a past version to the newer ones and the videos don't repeat now b/c of changes to the code. I have seen this occasionally with this game, but I don't actually know that it's a problem on the player's end, especially since more than one person has seen this issue. But I can't say for sure, ofc.
It has to be a known issue at this point. I'm playing 16 different AVNs that are made in renpy and this is the only one that has this incredibly annoying issue. I played through the last version from start to finish and the most I saw was a stutter when the loops started again, they played fine otherwise. I downloaded this one and the very first animation reverted to the one time play issue. Going back to the older version, they are doing the same now.

In a way it feels like it's trying to read something from a persistent or a cache but I can't explain it. Why else would the older version be effected when it was fine before I ran this one and it started again. I think maybe there have been too many tweaks made to the code or even personal renpy edits that just don't play nice or cause problems. The game doesn't do anything groundbreaking that isn't possible with default calls and commands. I don't know, it's just frustrating I guess.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019

The last advice (making a backup of the whole folder) is very solid advice. However for the first part: sometimes with updates files get scrapped by the dev and can do annoying things if left in the folder.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
However for the first part: sometimes with updates files get scrapped by the dev and can do annoying things if left in the folder.
True generally. However, you don't make an "update only" download and not expect people to copy-paste it. That defeats the entire point of an "update only" set of files in the first place. I don't normally suggest copying files over like that, but given the idea behind this smaller download, I think it's intended to work that way.

Reactions: Cartageno

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
True generally. However, you don't make an "update only" download and not expect people to copy-paste it. That defeats the entire point of an "update only" set of files in the first place. I don't normally suggest copying files over like that, but given the idea behind this smaller download, I think it's intended to work that way.
Ah, yes, I missed the "update only" mention and thought you were advocating for copying files over the old folder. My bad. My apologies for the misunderstanding.

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

segaegae

Dec 5, 2021
I think the ether thread things are now a little overkill. The magical nature of the house is well beyond player's understanding, I'd rather see more interaction between characters, more family reunions, more trips with rae (or others), more (naughty) dreamwalks...These, instead of more lectures on magic, make the game more interesting. First thread quest is already a bit lengthy, now we have another whole video...
Of course the story needs to end (soon?), but I prefer the previous solution of training MC more, or at least focus more on characters rather than magic.

4.70 star(s) 318 Votes