Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
A stripper is the "ideal girl" model of someone? :unsure: Really? There is someone out there that dreams to fall in love and be the boyfriend of a stripper? Well, to fuck a stripper, OK... but... something more than that? Anyone?
Anyway, she´s a character that you really don't care, your words, not mine, so... Why do you talk about her, anyway?
have you read my post as a reply to the guy from above, or have you just quoted it for some of "your" reasons?
if you dont have anything meaningful to add, why do you quote me, anyway?

Reactions: InfamousGuy

ElBandarra

Dec 3, 2019
have you read my post as a reply to the guy from above, or have you just quoted it for some of "your" reasons?
if you dont have anything meaningful to add, why do you quote me, anyway?
I mostly agree with the comment of the guy from above (Severedrealms), that was talking about things related with what I said in a previous comment, and I quoted and responded to your words in support of Severedrealms' comment. More clear now?

ElBandarra

Dec 3, 2019
I really want to like this game and |I really like Harlow buttttttttttttttttt I dont know if it lack of creativity with devs these days or what but why the hell in a harem game does a Li have to be in a strip club..... We are talking a intelligent girl that could work anywhere. Instead she is put in a job most women including her do not want people know she is doing..... In a harem game a Li found in this kind of shit hole it would be a priority of the MC to get her out of that shitty job and into something she would be proud to tell mom and dad about. Hell in the next release of my own game a future LI was forced into a brothel.... The mc sends guards and rips the place apart removing her and those that made her go there are no longer breathing. Thats what a mc in a harem game does. He gets them out of that shit. I hate the fact that the one person in the game I like the most is put in a place like that and its holding me back from playing....
Yes. The MC finds a decent work an accommodation in a coffee shop, but Harlow has to work in a drunken den and in a strip club... It doesn´t has a lot of sense. If it´s to make Harlow more "interesting" and "sexy" working in a strip club... It doesn´t work. That only makes sordid this character´s background. Unless this game is about "good girl gone bad": to influence and corrupt the "girl-next-door" type of character and turn her into a tattooed stripper to have threesomes with the other striper and Erica, or something like that. If that´s the plan for future updates, I don´t like it.

Reactions: Zottmann

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
Yes. The MC finds a decent work an accommodation in a coffee shop, but Harlow has to work in a drunken den and in a strip club... It doesn´t has a lot of sense. If it´s to make Harlow more "interesting" and "sexy" working in a strip club... It doesn´t work. That only makes sordid this character´s background. Unless this game is about "good girl gone bad": to influence and corrupt the "girl-next-door" type of character and turn her into a tattooed stripper to have threesomes with the other striper and Erica, or something like that. If that´s the plan for future updates, I don´t like it.
And thats just it if she was proud of her job why would she not want others to know.....Why because she isnt proud of it and for reasons we don't know she probably thinks that the only type of job she can hold. I also know what happens to girls that end up working in there. they start getting offer for more money if they do this or they do that and next thing you know they are in the private rooms like the slutty stripper he has sex with...... for a one time or occasional thing yea sure but as a viable LI......No that is not the type of girl I would go after and if what we have seen about her being more interested in the other stripper..... Nope she will be ruined for myself and from what I am seeing in the comments others as well. So why the hell doesnt the mc get her out of their and help her find a better job... its not like he isnt making connections that could help her get out of that shithole. As I said typical cookie cutter of other games.. be different be the hero that helps her find something better unlike some other devs that like to turn their li's into whores.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
I mostly agree with the comment of the guy from above (Severedrealms), that was talking about things related with what I said in a previous comment, and I quoted and responded to your words in support of Severedrealms' comment. More clear now?
and i love badik, more clear now?
you have some troubles writing/discussing, as you have some troubles using multiquotes when needed.
considering your time around, i doubt anyone can help you in that regard.
yet ofc you are free to post as you wanna, unless there is some obvious rule violation...hope everything is clear now.
good luck with your venturing/posting adventures here.

ElBandarra

Dec 3, 2019
and i love badik, more clear now?
you have some troubles writing/discussing, as you have some troubles using multiquotes when needed.
considering your time around, i doubt anyone can help you in that regard.
yet ofc you are free to post as you wanna, unless there is some obvious rule violation...hope everything is clear now.
good luck with your venturing/posting adventures here.
No, you are as clear as a closed book. We are talking about this game and not about badik, I don´t need to use multiquotes since I was responding to you using your own words... Seriously, I don´t know what are you talking about. Anyway, this conversation is beginning to look like one from a Marx Brothers movie. We better leave it here. Good luck to you too, if you need it for something.

VenusWaltz

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2020
I've read all of the posts about Harlow and I don't really feel like opening another discussion since it seems to happen with every update release.

But I feel like I have to say something just to give some perspective from the dev for anybody who might care.

The first is that I know where Harlow's story is going. You can have your opinions on her. You can say what you think she should do. You can say what you think the MC should do. Your opinions and thoughts are fine. But I'm the only person who actually knows Harlow. I know her backstory. I know what makes her tick. I know her complete personality. I know why she is the way she is. I know her family. I know her friends. I know what she was like in high school. I know what her hopes and dreams are. I know what she wants. I know how her story is going to play out. I know how everything comes together. It's been in place since Episode 1. I know exactly who she is. And I'm the only person who knows this. Nobody else does. It's in my head and I think about it every time I'm writing and rendering a scene with her in it.

I'll also say that there's a certain lack of nuance when I'm reading some of the comments. Everything is just in black and white. To some of you, the characters are just empty husks and ugly renders. Part of that is my fault. I should have written it better so that the audience can understand it better. But some of the characterization, like Harlow's, for example, seems to have been glossed over. It's right there in the dialogue. You can interpret anything your own way. But some of these interpretations are just incorrect. Again that's my fault for not writing it well enough but every line is there for a reason. Why? Because I know who she is and where I'm going with her. Maybe it's subtle. Maybe it's not obvious and overshadowed. But it's there.

Another thing is that everybody seems to want everything to happen in one episode. You want all of the development, all of the story, every major event to happen in one single moment, in one single instance. Every girl should be your girlfriend because it's been long enough. There's no time for growth. There's no time for development. There's no time to get to know a character better and learn more about them. A lot of people are more focused on the generalities rather than appreciating the specifics of every situation.

I know I get a lot of support and I've read enough comments that say they've enjoyed the game. I'm not quitting and I want to finish this story, if only for myself. I enjoy releasing the game to Patrons because they're eagerly awaiting it. But I dread the moment it gets leaked here because the negativity feels a lot more vocal than the support. With every update, I'm just waiting for the negativity and complaints. It's clockwork. I'm not saying everybody has to love the game because that's impossible. And I'm not asking for sympathy either. It's just a natural feeling that sucks when you put hours every day into something just for someone to tell you that you suck and you don't know what you're doing. I mean, nobody likes that feeling, do they? I like VNs. I read comic books and watch TV shows and movies and play video games like everybody else. I have opinions on what's good and what's bad. And the point of that is to tell you that I'm really trying to make something good. I can't say it'll actually be good in the end but I'm really trying.

And let me restate that this is just my opinion. If you don't like anything, whether it's the story or the renders or the font I used, you can feel however you want. This is just my perspective.

Nobody really reads my posts and some of you just kind of talk around me but I'm here. You can say anything you want to me. Ask me questions or give me suggestions or complain. Whatever you want. Here or on the Discord. I'm always open to talking about the game, good or bad.

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
Eh, I actually like Harlow. One of my top girls, next to Vanessa. Regardless of her job, she is still a fun individual and I'm enjoying being super villains plotting to take over the world. ;)

People do what they can to get by. Not everything is glamorous and not everyone has millions of dollars to live the easy life. Harlow works with what she has, and that's being a waitress and a stripper (except, she doesn't actually strip or any of that. She works the bar and waitresses there). She has bills to pay and school to pay off.

If it bothers you, then click the "do not pursue" button and problem solved. Not every girl has to appeal to everyone. There's plenty of games where some LI don't appeal to me at all, and so I don't pursue them. Not everything can cater to what you want, so enjoy the parts that you do like and avoid those you don't.

VenusWaltz don't let the negativity bring ya down. Would hate to see ya vanish from these forums because of a few negative people, like other devs have done over the years (like just recently with Nyx leaving). I enjoy seeing devs interact here, even though they don't have to, so respect to you for doing so.

InfamousGuy

Apr 4, 2019
And thats just it if she was proud of her job why would she not want others to know.....Why because she isnt proud of it and for reasons we don't know she probably thinks that the only type of job she can hold. I also know what happens to girls that end up working in there. they start getting offer for more money if they do this or they do that and next thing you know they are in the private rooms like the slutty stripper he has sex with...... for a one time or occasional thing yea sure but as a viable LI......No that is not the type of girl I would go after and if what we have seen about her being more interested in the other stripper..... Nope she will be ruined for myself and from what I am seeing in the comments others as well. So why the hell doesnt the mc get her out of their and help her find a better job... its not like he isnt making connections that could help her get out of that shithole. As I said typical cookie cutter of other games.. be different be the hero that helps her find something better unlike some other devs that like to turn their li's into whores.
This guy is really making an argument for MC to be the typical "Knight in shining armor" story with MC and Harlow. Here's some food for thought, why not, I don't know, do something different for a change. Who wants to read another typical boring story about we have to save a LI. Here's an idea, why not allow the dev to write their story? It seems to be going well.

I don't understand the harlow "hate", perhaps it is because she is easily my favorite of the bunch given how her and MC's personalities gel very well together, but her story shouldn't be seen as some horny miss fortuned stripper girl who needs saving.

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
This guy is really making an argument for MC to be the typical "Knight in shining armor" story with MC and Harlow. Here's some food for thought, why not, I don't know, do something different for a change. Who wants to read another typical boring story about we have to save a LI. Here's an idea, why not allow the dev to write their story? It seems to be going well.

I don't understand the harlow "hate", perhaps it is because she is easily my favorite of the bunch given how her and MC's personalities gel very well together, but her story shouldn't be seen as some horny miss fortuned stripper girl who needs saving.
I dont hate harlow i hate how she the only one in the entire game thats portrayed as if she cant do anything better yet she is probably one of the smartest with the exception of the dean herself yet she is like so many other games the one that has to be put in a place she doesnt even want people to know she is in. fuck maybe is cause i suck at writing but this thread is full of post after post about how she is being portrayed and people not liking it... sure you know what he has 26 pages in this thread and complaints on a bunch of them all saying the same damn thing. I also know what dealing with comments can be like I have been doing it for years and sure I am new to this site and having my work on here as well but in the 10 years i have been dealing with people on these forums my stupid ass doesnt have people complaining every other post i guess i must be doing something wrong.

VenusWaltz

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2020
VenusWaltz don't let the negativity bring ya down. Would hate to see ya vanish from these forums because of a few negative people, like other devs have done over the years (like just recently with Nyx leaving). I enjoy seeing devs interact here, even though they don't have to, so respect to you for doing so.
I didn't mean to make it seem like I'm not grateful for the support and compliments. It means a lot to me. I don't mind the criticism either. It's necessary. That's the only way I'm going to improve. I have to read everything. The laughing and piling on me does get tiresome. The criticism and complaints are fine but calling me incompetent feels unnecessary. Like, nobody would enjoy reading that. It doesn't matter what level you're on.

Kame-Sennin

Engaged Member
Aug 29, 2017
Wow Erica scenes are way hotter probably the best compare to other girls scenes but sadly she isn't my type of girl so I'm gonna skip the update for now

Reactions: Pinsel

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
I didn't mean to make it seem like I'm not grateful for the support and compliments. It means a lot to me. I don't mind the criticism either. It's necessary. That's the only way I'm going to improve. I have to read everything. The laughing and piling on me does get tiresome. The criticism and complaints are fine but calling me incompetent feels unnecessary. Like, nobody would enjoy reading that. It doesn't matter what level you're on.
look I love your game but Harlows story to me is just typical and she is one of the characters i like th emost and not just visually though she is to me one of the best looking ones in your game. working in the bar is one thing but the strip club... i know the shit that goes on in those places and i just dont like seeing a li in that kind of situation in any game and with her intelligence its beneath her.

Havenless_

Oct 12, 2020
Finally Vanessa shows some "love" to the MC. I know some people don't like her because of her personality, but I really love her. I don't expect her to become a romantic with the MC at the drop of a hat, but at least in this update she was grateful for the MC's help. I have no doubt that she will be the hardest girl to romance, but I think it will be worth it.

Progress with Kate has also been slow. And also in this update it seems that there was a small step forward in their relationship. But I need a little more romance ASAP with her. :B
She's my favorite girl. Just like the MC said: From now on, hopefully they can see each other without the need to talk about work or school. You can never get enough of Kate.

InfamousGuy

Apr 4, 2019
look I love your game but Harlows story to me is just typical and she is one of the characters i like th emost and not just visually though she is to me one of the best looking ones in your game. working in the bar is one thing but the strip club... i know the shit that goes on in those places and i just dont like seeing a li in that kind of situation in any game and with her intelligence its beneath her.
See this is the key issue, you disassociate intelligence with being a stripper. Who is to say a stripper can't be smart? Harlow is an intelligent girl yes, but perhaps you don't know but it is hard to pay for school especially university and given that she has two jobs, it seems that she is having to pay for it all herself with no outside help. Why work at some place for like $10-$13 an hour (because any higher paying job won't hire her given that she has no work experience in her field like any other college student) when she can be a stripper and properly pay for class.

Her having a job being a stripper perfectly captures her character, an intelligent girl working in some dump for money because she's a broke college student.

Sounds like good character development to me.

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
See this is the key issue, you disassociate intelligence with being a stripper. Who is to say a stripper can't be smart? Harlow is an intelligent girl yes, but perhaps you don't know but it is hard to pay for school especially university and given that she has two jobs, it seems that she is having to pay for it all herself with no outside help. Why work at some place for like $10-$13 an hour (because any higher paying job won't hire her given that she has no work experience in her field like any other college student) when she can be a stripper and properly pay for class.

Her having a job being a stripper perfectly captures her character, an intelligent girl working in some dump for money because she's a broke college student.

your right i have no clue what it cost me to put myself through 4 years of college because i only needed 2 years for a associates degree in business im sure she can pull 150 grand out of her ass like i did working for 10 bucks a hour busting tires in a tire shop since i had no experience either. I also didnt have someone with connections that could help me like she does with the mc but i digress your way smarter at this then i am at figuring out character building eh.

ElBandarra

Dec 3, 2019
The first is that I know where Harlow's story is going. You can have your opinions on her. You can say what you think she should do. You can say what you think the MC should do. Your opinions and thoughts are fine. But I'm the only person who actually knows Harlow. I know her backstory. I know what makes her tick. I know her complete personality. I know why she is the way she is. I know her family. I know her friends. I know what she was like in high school. I know what her hopes and dreams are. I know what she wants. I know how her story is going to play out. I know how everything comes together. It's been in place since Episode 1. I know exactly who she is. And I'm the only person who knows this. Nobody else does. It's in my head and I think about it every time I'm writing and rendering a scene with her in it.
Yes, but maybe there are players (the people you are doing the game for), that don't like where Harlow´s story is going. Because where Harlow´s story is going, seems to be a really sordid place.

I´m here in this thread only for a couple of days, but yourself admit that Harlow´s character is getting a lot of criticism.

People out there is EAGER to find games even remotely similar to Being a DIK, since that game has been such a great success. Even a really bad game as "College Kings" is making a lot of money because, at least at first, seemed similar to BaDIK. This one is better (at least is not a bunch of disconnected scenes) but it´s not having a big success after 5 episodes. Maybe you are doing something wrong. And Maybe it´s that your characters are not relatable enough.

The girl with the sunglasses (sorry, I forgot the names of all the characters except Harlow) has the personality of the male protagonist of a bad "macho" movie of the 80´s: sunglasses even indoor :rolleyes:, expressionless, rude with others, "I don´t take shit, I don´t give a damn" attitude... She´s not an "ice queen" character that the player would like to "melt" with his charm, is just an unpleasant character to avoid. If she would know martial arts, she could be Steven Seagal.

The crush of the MC is not relatable either. She´s focused in business and his scenes are not cute, nor funny, nor sexy.

The older stripper is just a conventional character. The hot woman that have sex with the MC at the first encounter because a porn game has to have some sexual scenes. Her story and personality is not interesting either. There are characters like her in most porn games.

The dean is OK, although most of the scenes are, again, business focused. The conversations in his office are mostly boring. Well, it seems that there can be something more after the MC and her dance together, but that´s all. Also, we don´t know a lot about her either. Is not a relatable character so far, although she has potential.

The Asian girl is OK too, although the story of the clandestine fights is way to far fetched for me. You don´t learn boxing online. You learn boxing by boxing with other people in a gym. That thing of the MC kicking asses of street fighters in clandestine competitions... Not credible. It seems to me that, since BaDIK has fights, this game has to have fights too. And the girl is too shady to be a really relatable character. It´s a character to have fun with and forget, but not the "main Li".

And there is Harlow. The pretty, funny and a bit awkward but charming girl-next-door. The girl that can be at the same time a buddy and a girlfriend. A true RELATABLE character. The kind of girl most guys would like to know and fall for. And you are ruining her with a sordid development of her character with that thing of the strip club, pointing to a path of "lesbian sharing" with her, and all that stupidity of the "scientific experiment". Seriously, it´s like if Harlow were an engineering student and want to make her thesis project about... the wheel. Don´t you think that things like sexual arousing or satisfaction after a good meal, are more than studied already by the medical science? And a scientific experiment like that one is not carried like she and the MC do. It´s absurd. And she´s half of the game talking again and again about "the experiment" in a lot of unrealistic and boring conversations with the MC.

Last, the MC is a blunt character. It´s supposed that he has spent the last few years by working, studying at home, and learning boxing, again at home. He has spend his youth almost like some kind of a cloistered monk. Why such an uninteresting background? Has he had girlfriends? Has any experience with girls, or is he virgin? How he knows how to be "the white knight", "the clown" or "the smooth operator" if he has been almost secluded for most of his youth, his only contact with other people being serving them coffee?

The MC doesn´t have an attractive personality. I don´t feel attached to him, and I´m playing like him. He only let the girls drag him from one situation to another, like a log floating in the sea, without taking any interesting initiative on his own... Zero real personality. And, to make it worse, the choices of conversation (and I suppose the "diplomatic" and "aggressive" actions) actually don´t have any meaning, don´t change his personality and you don´t get a different outcome from the girls, except different lines of dialogue...

Sorry if I´m too direct, but English is not my native language and I don´t know how to be diplomatic. It´s easier for me to say the things clearly.

Last edited by a moderator:

ElBandarra

Dec 3, 2019

BECAUSE SHE´S ASHAMED OF WORKING AS A STRIPPER, AS MOST WOMEN ARE IN REAL LIFE. And, if the plans of the dev are that Harlow is corrupted and becomes a willing full striper in order of including in the game sex scenes with her and other strippers, or even prostitute, that´s a sad destiny for a character like her.

I liked this game (in spite of the gaunt faces with sunken cheeks of most of the characters) until the funny girl-next-door, the only relatable character, became a stripper with lesbian tendencies and, probably, is going to go worse. That´s the moment I lost most of my interest for this game, since I´m not really interested in the other characters.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zottmann
4.20 star(s) 86 Votes