• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

underoath27

Nov 22, 2020
I wish I knew. I go off their responses, but I wish there was a guide to what works when and with who...
Yea, I go off their responses too. With Vanessa, it seems knight is the right choice. Erika, I'm choosing joker and sometimes I flirt. Harlow, I guess flirt is a good choice, but yea, it would be good to see if there is a right way to approach each one.

Reactions: Spfjolietjake

underoath27

Nov 22, 2020
The dev has said on this thread that the choices between those three options only affect the dialogue. So those choices won't help or prevent you getting with any of them.
So, those are only about dialogues? Hmmm, choices that don't count as joker, knight, are the real important ones?

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
So, is there a right way to approach each girl? Like, knight with Kate, joker with Erika, etc?
I wish I knew. I go off their responses, but I wish there was a guide to what works when and with who...
No those do not affect the girls or their view of you. It's just for flavour and developing the mc's character as you like

So, those are only about dialogues? Hmmm, choices that don't count as joker, knight, are the real important ones?
No it's the other choices like pulling her in for a kiss or to pursue her that matter.

underoath27
https://f95zone.to/threads/a-man-for-all-ep-5-venus-waltz.65913/post-6593928

1632227435327.png

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
The dev has said on this thread that the choices between those three options only affect the dialogue. So those choices won't help or prevent you getting with any of them.
No those do not affect the girls or their view of you. It's just for flavour and developing the mc's character as you like

No it's the other choices like pulling her in for a kiss or to pursue her that matter.

underoath27
https://f95zone.to/threads/a-man-for-all-ep-5-venus-waltz.65913/post-6593928

View attachment 1415621
Thanks guys :) good to know

Reactions: NateGrey and Naxos

Peh

Apr 23, 2018
Yea, I go off their responses too. With Vanessa, it seems knight is the right choice. Erika, I'm choosing joker and sometimes I flirt. Harlow, I guess flirt is a good choice, but yea, it would be good to see if there is a right way to approach each one.
Ehheh! I basically do the opposite. Annoying Vanessa by bombarding her endlessly with bad jokes & flirting, is pretty much my favorite part of the game currently. Seems to be going nowhere thus far, but hopefully we can wear her down, eventually :). Acting all rational with Erika was sometimes kinda funny too.

Glad to hear, it does not really affect the outcome of the relationships. The game would be less for it, if it did for me at least.

CassieBare

Game Developer
Jan 25, 2020
The Multi-Mod doesn't really seem to do anything. It greens a couple lines, but mostly it just tells you the stats you already knew were going up.

Is there any actual purpose to the stats? (Right/Wrong paths?) First time through I just hit Smooth and nailed all the scenes that were possible.

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
The Multi-Mod doesn't really seem to do anything. It greens a couple lines, but mostly it just tells you the stats you already knew were going up.

Is there any actual purpose to the stats? (Right/Wrong paths?) First time through I just hit Smooth and nailed all the scenes that were possible.
The stats in Knight/Joker/Smooth have no effect other than flavour. The ones that matter are the ones the multi-mod makes green.

Reactions: Spfjolietjake

rigoberto2020

Jan 19, 2020

The mod will only highlight choices that matter and will affect whether you choose to pursue a relationship or not. Personality choices (knight/joker/smooth) are purely for flavour, so there's no need to highlight the correct one; the only correct choice here is the one you think fits your MC better.

So I have to choose between Harlow and Erika now?
For what it's worth, looking at the script files, there are two options for that scene. One is a variant for if you're trying to get with Harlow and the other is if you're not. The only flags associated with the choices seem to involve whether you want to keep things going (relationship-wise) with Erika.

It's kind of an odd way to phrase it because it seems to imply that it's a choice between them, but there's no Harlow flags involved in the script, so I'm thinking it was possibly meant to reflect that the MC is still in a monogamous mindset. There's been very little hinting at him wanting to start a harem outside of a few loaded answers to dialogue unrelated to relationships, and him fucking around a bit with most of the girls. Which, hey, none of these people are committed yet, so whatever.

Take all this with a grain of salt, obviously, because I don't know where the story's headed and I'm going by the title/desc/tags this game has re: future harem stuff.

I should probably mention I didn't get time to finish this update, and only came here to double-check that this was still a harem game when I came up on that choice, lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: QBaSS and Naxos

VenusWaltz

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2020
I was gonna make another long-winded post to explain my philosophy on choices when it comes to dialogue but I didn't wanna stifle casual discussion. I'll just encourage everybody, as I always do, to just pick the choices you want. I won't try to convince anybody it's the greatest system in the world. I do have a plan though.

VenusWaltz, really enjoying the game so far. Riley hits home for me personally, so thank you for giving me this trip down memory lane with the one that never was. Cheers.
It's a pretty common theme and situation. I'm going to try and do it justice.

Thanks for the comments, everybody. I've read everything and appreciate the feedback. If you want me to comment on something, let me know. I'm always around.

Xarin

Apr 29, 2018
I downloaded this a few days ago and just got through the 5th episode. I gotta say, if episode 1 was released in november, that's a hell of a lot of content for 10 and a half months. I'm really liking the jokester MC, I've pretty much been picking half funny, half charming responses, they mostly seems to make sense with the occasional nice response thrown in there. I see the harem tag but it's always nice to be able to quickly figure out who to pursue. Looking forward to future updates, the I'm keen to see how the story develops.

BartPS

Oct 21, 2020
The mod will only highlight choices that matter and will affect whether you choose to pursue a relationship or not. Personality choices (knight/joker/smooth) are purely for flavour, so there's no need to highlight the correct one; the only correct choice here is the one you think fits your MC better.

For what it's worth, looking at the script files, there are two options for that scene. One is a variant for if you're trying to get with Harlow and the other is if you're not. The only flags associated with the choices seem to involve whether you want to keep things going (relationship-wise) with Erika.

It's kind of an odd way to phrase it because it seems to imply that it's a choice between them, but there's no Harlow flags involved in the script, so I'm thinking it was possibly meant to reflect that the MC is still in a monogamous mindset. There's been very little hinting at him wanting to start a harem outside of a few loaded answers to dialogue unrelated to relationships, and him fucking around a bit with most of the girls. Which, hey, none of these people are committed yet, so whatever.

Take all this with a grain of salt, obviously, because I don't know where the story's headed and I'm going by the title/desc/tags this game has re: future harem stuff.

I should probably mention I didn't get time to finish this update, and only came here to double-check that this was still a harem game when I came up on that choice, lol.
Another thing I'd add is that it's pretty clear that this dev takes character seriously; both Harlow and Erika have shown interest in other women, and stated that they're not jealous types, so it would be quite consistent for them to enjoy a little sharing with the MC. But then maybe I'm just wishful thinking ;-)

• Sad
Reactions: Naxos

rigoberto2020

Jan 19, 2020
Another thing I'd add is that it's pretty clear that this dev takes character seriously; both Harlow and Erika have shown interest in other women, and stated that they're not jealous types, so it would be quite consistent for them to enjoy a little sharing with the MC. But then maybe I'm just wishful thinking ;-)
Now that I've finished the chapter and saw the postscript, I can see it, yeah. Harlow's also got a bit of a voyeuristic streak which could be interesting. It'll probably be a bit of a slower process to get some of these women on board with the idea, which I am fine with. It's kinda refreshing, and I'm really enjoying the little character moments.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Naxos

underoath27

Nov 22, 2020
Just finished it for the first time, and man! That is awesome! I really enjoyed playing it. All girls are great, even Vanessa, hahaha. Looking forward to see more and more, and about MC's rivals (Blake and Tobias), I want to see what will happen to those dudes. Billy's fucking funny, great character! I really like Billy and MC's friendship. Good work, VenusWaltz ! I wish all the best for you!

VenusWaltz

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2020
Just finished it for the first time, and man! That is awesome! I really enjoyed playing it. All girls are great, even Vanessa, hahaha. Looking forward to see more and more, and about MC's rivals (Blake and Tobias), I want to see what will happen to those dudes. Billy's fucking funny, great character! I really like Billy and MC's friendship. Good work, VenusWaltz ! I wish all the best for you!
Thanks for checking it out. I don't usually get a lot of feedback on all of the other male characters, so it's nice to know what somebody thinks when someone mentions them.

Reactions: underoath27

AngelsAfterDark

Formerly 'DetroitAfterDark'
Jun 11, 2021
Into the 3rd episode and Vanessa is still as bitchy as ever.. Honestly she's just irritating and it sucks that she can walk all over us without us being able to push back.. I mean alot can be done with her character to make putting up with the bitch attitude worth it.. Like for example it could be a slow burn but there could be a point where she gets really close to the MC and reveals to him that she is the way she is because she was bullied and tortured in school, she wears the glasses to hide her heterochromia which she was bullied for, they called her ugly, they called her a freak for her condition.. So she became a model to prove to everyone that she's not ugly or a freak but she's still insecure hence why she never removes the glasses.. And her cold demeanor is to protect herself, it's like a defense mechanism so people wont walk over her again.. And then she removes the glasses and shows the MC her condition making herself vulnerable for the first time in years, then we need to make a game changing decision, kiss her and show her that her "imperfections" doesn't bother you or don't kiss her and stay on a friendly path
I don't know man I just think there could be more to Vanessa than being a 2 dimensional bitch.. But if the latter is the case then at least give us an option to cut ties with her and not be forced to put up with her BS

• Angry
Reactions: wiseold6996
4.20 star(s) 90 Votes