pronzcowboy

Aug 9, 2017
Rendering takes the longest time just because you have to let things render. Animations are the same deal just that there are fewer of them. You can be away from the computer longer while you're animating. Writing and coding takes a lot of time but not nearly as much as the others. I don't know about exact percentages but I'd say rendering is at least 60-65%.
Odd that you would do renders before writing. I would think you'd need a script first before knowing what renders you'd need.

VenusWaltz

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2020
I have a loosely written script for every scene written and outlined before I start rendering. I have key points, scenes, sequences, conversations, etc. that I know I need to render following an outline then make notes on where it falls in the script. Everything gets funneled down from a broad idea down to a specific line so that everything lines up. Nothing is set in stone though because I go through multiple rewrites and change things a lot.

pronzcowboy

Aug 9, 2017
I have a loosely written script for every scene written and outlined before I start rendering. I have key points, scenes, sequences, conversations, etc. that I know I need to render following an outline then make notes on where it falls in the script. Everything gets funneled down from a broad idea down to a specific line so that everything lines up. Nothing is set in stone though because I go through multiple rewrites and change things a lot.
Do you then have a second render pass once writing is done to add anything else you need? In case, in writing, something changes?

Allan Trumbull

Forum Fanatic
Sep 10, 2021
Game feels like lifeless one without lust , love points etc. Disappointed with that fact.
game overall a good One but not one of the best

VenusWaltz

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2020
Do you then have a second render pass once writing is done to add anything else you need? In case, in writing, something changes?
Sometimes if I think the renders don't line up. Most of the renders are conversations, so I usually make more than enough renders for every topic in every conversation that's outlined.

Reactions: Feyd

Spatenklopper

Jun 4, 2021
A Man For All Episode 7 v0.16
A Man For All Episode 7 v0.16

Thanks to all of you for your patience in putting this episode together. I've done a few playthroughs and everything should work off of old saves. I did my best to catch as many typos but with a lot of text and self-editing, I probably missed a few. I did my best to make sure nothing breaks and you can pick up right where you left off.
Feel free to leave your feedback for me. If something breaks, send me a message or leave a comment in the Discord. I'll be back with a recap, review, and breakdown once I've given everybody a chance to play the episode.
I'm working on plotting, outlining and building for Episode 8. I have some early stuff rendered and hope to get a lot done before the end of the month so that I can spend all of July focused on it.
Thanks again, everybody. I hope you enjoy the update.
Changelog:
-1000 renders
-25 animations
-9 music tracks
-Added various sound effects
-Added Kate to main menu animation
-Various renders fixed
-Various typos corrected

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Betreffend der deutschen Übersetzung.
Ich bin jetzt erstmal 2 Wochen in Urlaub, es wird also dieses mal leider etwas länger dauern, bis die Übersetzung auf den Stand von Ep7 gebracht wird.

Ceesko

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2017
A year or more has passed since this game was released (give or take, but I know at least a year has passed) and the Dev still shies from introducing sex scenes with any of the main characters besides one. I have no idea what is going on. Is it a case of milking or just bad planning, I have no idea, but it is getting repetitious and grindious. The story is going in loops. The game tries to take its plot seriously enough, but this ridiculous childish "stairway to heaven" progression with the characters is undermining it.

The most annoying thing in all this is that the shtick with the model is getting tiresome, wish the MC could just cut his losses and cut her loose and dry, and not be forced to be dragged and treated like a dog no matter what you do. The option should really be available for those whoa re tired of her acting like a golden princess. She thinks her pussy is made of diamonds or something.

Bluehemo

Nov 21, 2020
A year or more has passed since this game was released (give or take, but I know at least a year has passed) and the Dev still shies from introducing sex scenes with any of the main characters besides one. I have no idea what is going on. Is it a case of milking or just bad planning, I have no idea, but it is getting repetitious and grindious. The story is going in loops. The game tries to take its plot seriously enough, but this ridiculous childish "stairway to heaven" progression with the characters is undermining it.

The most annoying thing in all this is that the shtick with the model is getting tiresome, wish the MC could just cut his losses and cut her loose and dry, and not be forced to be dragged and treated like a dog no matter what you do. The option should really be available for those whoa re tired of her acting like a golden princess. She thinks her pussy is made of diamonds or something.
it's his first game (to my knowledge) and that's better than 90% of other devs firsts..
and the model story is clearly the most liked by people here. it's interesting and fun. (you not liking it is ok) but no need to trash it like your opinion is a fact

VenusWaltz

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2020
Hey, everybody. Just wanted to say this before everybody plays the update and discussion picks up. I know I can't police anybody and you're obviously free to say whatever you want. If I could make a request, it'd be nice if you could keep things civil among one another. You can say whatever you want about me or the game. I need to read everybody's opinion, good and bad. I feel like it's easy for discussion to get derailed into back-and-forths and it makes the thread less enjoyable to read when people just argue. Disagreeing is fine. Arguing isn't any fun. Not saying that anybody is arguing here but I've seen it in other threads and it's just such a slog to read through. This thread has been pretty tame. Just wanted to say that ahead of time.

I know how polarizing some elements can be like the story or characters. As I've said before, it's hard for me to see things through the eyes of a player because I already see the whole story, so I look at the characters differently and understand them better than anybody else. I know how frustrating it can be to not have the whole picture. And once you get that whole picture, it might still not be satisfying. I don't want to let anybody down but I can't make any guarantees or promises. I can only say that I have a plan and I'm trying my best to follow through with it.

Olsens.M

Apr 23, 2021
Hey, everybody. Just wanted to say this before everybody plays the update and discussion picks up. I know I can't police anybody and you're obviously free to say whatever you want. If I could make a request, it'd be nice if you could keep things civil among one another. You can say whatever you want about me or the game. I need to read everybody's opinion, good and bad. I feel like it's easy for discussion to get derailed into back-and-forths and it makes the thread less enjoyable to read when people just argue. Disagreeing is fine. Arguing isn't any fun. Not saying that anybody is arguing here but I've seen it in other threads and it's just such a slog to read through. This thread has been pretty tame. Just wanted to say that ahead of time.

I know how polarizing some elements can be like the story or characters. As I've said before, it's hard for me to see things through the eyes of a player because I already see the whole story, so I look at the characters differently and understand them better than anybody else. I know how frustrating it can be to not have the whole picture. And once you get that whole picture, it might still not be satisfying. I don't want to let anybody down but I can't make any guarantees or promises. I can only say that I have a plan and I'm trying my best to follow through with it.
Let me down. that is what I am here for. If I wanted things just to go my own way, I'd write my own story. I read books, watch tv shows, exactly because I want to see something different. Even if VNs are supposed to be the player's choice, we know that a story is only good if not everything is what we expect it to be. So just do your thing. Even if after you see me around saying I didn't like something.
Your VN is one of a few I really enjoy playing.

Reactions: The Sailor Man

dkatryl

May 26, 2018
I would agree more if the MC didn't have dialog options that showed he was not only unfazed by her prima Donna bullshit, but would actively troll her.

To the point it's not just we're putting up with her shit, but she is also putting up with *my* shit. A game of who will walk away first. Lol.

Spatenklopper

Jun 4, 2021
Hey, everybody. Just wanted to say this before everybody plays the update and discussion picks up...
Let them discuss and don't worry too much about it.

I think whoever read your philosophy post's on patreon understands quite well why it is the way it is and where you want to go.

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017

As long no one touches our girls I don't care what kind of situation you put the mc in, so hope that good or bad doesn't have anything to do with that, people hate that kind of surprises (me included.)

4.20 star(s) 88 Votes