Ren'Py Abandoned A Million Dollar Idea [v0.5] [Light_FeniXXX]

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Light_FeniXXX

Game Developer
Jun 16, 2020
bg.jpg

Overview:
This is a game about human nature. People's behavior when they have no influence. And about changing these people when influence is acquired. About love, betrayal, friendship. About life's highs and downs. There were changes in the life of the main character.
An old friend comes to the city to live in the apartment of the main character. Difficult situation at work. Will he find his own idea of how to solve all the problems? Will he stay a good romantic guy or take advantage of the situation? Will he do his job diligently, or will he have to learn to step over and use people?
Will this path make him happy at the end? It's up to you. What will be the main character depends only on your choices.
It all begins now, it all begins TODAY!

Thread Updated: 2021-04-23
Release Date: 2021-03-26
Developer: Light_FeniXXX
Censored: Yes/No, when installing the uncensored patch
Version: 0.5
Language: English, Russian, Portuguese (incomplete)
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: - - -
Mac (v0.4): - -
Others: - Android* -

*This port/version is not released by developer, download at your own risk

5.png 6.png 7.png 8.png 9.png 2.png 10.png 11.png 12.png 13.png 14.jpg 15.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

ShankoUK

Jun 16, 2020
Hi there, just played it!

It's a good game so far for the most part and I'm enjoying the story.

I picked up a few things through my playthrough:

• English has a few errors, but still playable and understandable / enjoyable
  • Lighting in some scenes appears too strong
  • Some of the main character's thoughts in-game are not in white and italics like you said they'd be at the start of the game
  • Some choices that the player can make use the wrong pronoun: "Put pressure on her. Let him look for any job faster." when talking to Emily
  • Some of Emily's animations don't really fit to what she's saying: facial animations are good though
  • If you put your cursor in the empty center of a straight arrow when navigating around the house,
    it doesn't highlight it any longer and doesn't allow you to click
  • Unclear at times on how to progress (Maybe that's just me lol)

Overall I like it and I'm for sure looking forward to any updates you put out! :)

Sbender99

Mar 28, 2019
View attachment 695669

Overview:
You lived a normal life until Your old friend from another city came to live with you. And at the same time, problems started at work. How to get out of this situation and turn it all to your advantage? What kind of person will You become? Will You still be a good guy? Will you inspire people with fear, manipulate them, or help them selflessly? It all depends on You.​

Thread Updated: 2020-06-17
Release Date: 2020-06-17
Developer: Light_FeniXXX
Censored: No
Version: 0.1
Language: English, Russian
Genre:

Installation:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: GDRIVE - - MEGA
Mac: GDRIVE - - MEGA

View attachment 695696 View attachment 695697 View attachment 695698 View attachment 695699 View attachment 695700
Android pls?

Jan 8, 2018
I'm not gonna play your game, the reason is this.... If you can't be bothered, nor can I.. You don't eat waffles with spoons, especially spoons that are upside down! (5th Pic) The face on the wall draws more attention than the out of focus model. (Pic 2)
Another bubble butt, non realistic and in 98% of games at the moment. (Pic 3) and a complete turn off! (Personal Preference)
Attention to detail is not everything, but if you want people to play and not criticize, then it's 98% of everything and this also includes your writing 'You lived a normal life until' I stopped reading at this point because it reads the same as almost every other game, it doesn't stand out and it does't call to me.
I am not saying these things to be cruel or negative, but they are important factors to the future and well being of any project.
I wish you the best of luck with this.

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019

• Some of the main character's thoughts in-game are not in white and italics like you said they'd be at the start of the game
  • Some choices that the player can make use the wrong pronoun: "Put pressure on her. Let him look for any job faster." when talking to Emily
  • Some of Emily's animations don't really fit to what she's saying: facial animations are good though
  • If you put your cursor in the empty center of a straight arrow when navigating around the house,

Overall I like it and I'm for sure looking forward to any updates you put out! :)
Pretty much this, there's only a few things I'd like to add.

- Inconsistent light effects. During the evening, the office still had sunlight in it, that should be some lamp light.

- The wine scene is way too dark, you barely can see anything unless you manually change the brightness on your screen.

- Eric? For real? Ugh. I know especially Russian developers likes to "pay homage" to Big Brother, but it's 2020 already, move on.

- If the language you use on your Patreon is English, and that's what you'll use to communicate with your player base as well, then the default language in the game should be English, not Russian.

- The same music that Photo Hunt has being on repeat almost constantly will be more annoying than enjoyable on the long run.

Otherwise it's fine, not the best first release I ever saw, but there are much much worse than this, and most problems with the game are small ones.

Light_FeniXXX

Game Developer
Jun 16, 2020

Thank you very much for your feedback!

• English is really not my native language, but I will try to correct the translation. In the future, it is possible to attract people who will translate better.
  • I will try to do less coverage in future renders. I was worried that, on the contrary, the night scenes were too dark))
  • As for the color of thoughts, I will double-check all the dialog options today. Perhaps the translation style was lost.
  • "Put pressure on her. Let him look for any job faster." I will try to understand the translation error. Can you tell me how this phrase sounds correctly? The point of it is to insist on the fastest search for any job.
  • I think I need to create more emotions to match the animation...
  • I'll fix the arrow right away. This will not be the case for the next update.
  • Yes, a magazine with quests is planned. Well it's not a priority) I tried to give direction with hints, but I understand now that those who do not know all the ways of the game will get discomfort.

Reactions: VOYEUR

ShankoUK

Jun 16, 2020
Thank you very much for your feedback!

• English is really not my native language, but I will try to correct the translation. In the future, it is possible to attract people who will translate better.
  • I will try to do less coverage in future renders. I was worried that, on the contrary, the night scenes were too dark))
  • As for the color of thoughts, I will double-check all the dialog options today. Perhaps the translation style was lost.
  • "Put pressure on her. Let him look for any job faster." I will try to understand the translation error. Can you tell me how this phrase sounds correctly? The point of it is to insist on the fastest search for any job.
  • I think I need to create more emotions to match the animation...
  • I'll fix the arrow right away. This will not be the case for the next update.
  • Yes, a magazine with quests is planned. Well it's not a priority) I tried to give direction with hints, but I understand now that those who do not know all the ways of the game will get discomfort.
"Put pressure on her. Let him look for any job faster.", If I understand what you meant to say, should read "Put pressure on her. Make her look for a job faster."

Reactions: Light_FeniXXX

AlwayzUndead

Jan 21, 2020
Its a good start. My only issues were when starting its automatically set to Russian so i had to guess where the English translation would be based on other games with multi languages, an in some scenes the lighting would flicker and could be a bit brighter. There are some spelling errors as shanklyr said but apart from that i enjoyed the game so far.

Light_FeniXXX

Game Developer
Jun 16, 2020
I'm not gonna play your game, the reason is this.... If you can't be bothered, nor can I.. You don't eat waffles with spoons, especially spoons that are upside down! (5th Pic) The face on the wall draws more attention than the out of focus model. (Pic 2)
Another bubble butt, non realistic and in 98% of games at the moment. (Pic 3) and a complete turn off! (Personal Preference)
Attention to detail is not everything, but if you want people to play and not criticize, then it's 98% of everything and this also includes your writing 'You lived a normal life until' I stopped reading at this point because it reads the same as almost every other game, it doesn't stand out and it does't call to me.
I am not saying these things to be cruel or negative, but they are important factors to the future and well being of any project.
I wish you the best of luck with this.
Thank you for your feedback! Details are important to me. In any case, I will try to avoid such mistakes in the future! About the description. I can't tell you about the main story and idea of the game now, because it hasn't happened yet in this Demo. And to describe what is not yet in the game, but only planned, I think it is incorrect.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
I'm a novice developer. But I will try to learn how to port to Android!
better try to improve game firstly, there is a fair number of flaws to correct/improve there ;)
pc/mac versions are enough even for more advanced games (with more updates)...down the line you could/should port it to android just to increase your players base a bit, if nothing else. and those who wanna "android pls" now, could ask for an unofficial version if they wanna it.
btw, good luck with the game(y)

Reactions: Light_FeniXXX

Light_FeniXXX

Game Developer
Jun 16, 2020
Pretty much this, there's only a few things I'd like to add.

- Inconsistent light effects. During the evening, the office still had sunlight in it, that should be some lamp light.

- The wine scene is way too dark, you barely can see anything unless you manually change the brightness on your screen.

- Eric? For real? Ugh. I know especially Russian developers likes to "pay homage" to Big Brother, but it's 2020 already, move on.

- If the language you use on your Patreon is English, and that's what you'll use to communicate with your player base as well, then the default language in the game should be English, not Russian.

- The same music that Photo Hunt has being on repeat almost constantly will be more annoying than enjoyable on the long run.

Otherwise it's fine, not the best first release I ever saw, but there are much much worse than this, and most problems with the game are small ones.
Thank you for your feedback!
- I thought it would be fun to use that name) Apparently not

- I was sure it would be English. I thought Renpy should identify the language system. At least that's what his documentation says. And that he remembers the last language. That's why I couldn't check. I'll dig into the engine! As I understand it, this is a common problem in many games.

- It's all about copyright) this music is free and therefore everywhere. I'll look for a less boring one)

Reactions: EZ8lt

Light_FeniXXX

Game Developer
Jun 16, 2020
It would be nice to know what kind of kinks we can expect down the line.
In the future, I plan to focus on different paths in the game. I would like the game to really be non-linear. There were no black and white options. The consequences were not immediate.
The main plot hasn't come yet in this Demo. I was more focused on the mechanics. Because I'm not a programmer and I had to learn everything from scratch.
If you asked about tags, then I plan to conduct all the main ones as in other games. If I have subscribers on the Patron in the future, I will enter tags based on voting. The only thing I'm against is imposing mandatory scenes on the player. I want him to decide for himself and be able to avoid scenes.

Jan 8, 2018
Thank you for your feedback! Details are important to me. In any case, I will try to avoid such mistakes in the future! About the description. I can't tell you about the main story and idea of the game now, because it hasn't happened yet in this Demo. And to describe what is not yet in the game, but only planned, I think it is incorrect.
I didn't say you had to but something like....

It's been a while now, I was seemingly trapped in a mundane life without ever realizing it, so when the trouble at work started it took me not only by surprise, but also out of my comfort zone.
It's funny how we get so used to the everyday and drift along on our own, especially when you consider that friendship and companionship are a fundamental part of who we are, Humans.
Nothing re-affirms this better than a friend in need. They needed a place and I needed a friend, win-win right? Maybe, but when I also consider the person I have become as opposed to the person I WANTED to be
you have to wonder if my friend even knows me anymore!
One thing is for sure.. Something has to change, I have to change! Do I let people walk all over me, or do I become the Alpha? Do I rub peoples nose in the sand, or do I offer a calm, friendly hand?
Do I discuss or manipulate?
You and I, my subconscious friend, are on a journey, a journey of discovery and faith, a journey of truth or dare. It all begins now, it all begins TODAY!

And I would have played your game in a heartbeat.

Light_FeniXXX

Game Developer
Jun 16, 2020
better try to improve game firstly, there is a fair number of flaws to correct/improve there ;)
pc/mac versions are enough even for more advanced games (with more updates)...down the line you could/should port it to android just to increase your players base a bit, if nothing else. and those who wanna "android pls" now, could ask for an unofficial version if they wanna it.
btw, good luck with the game(y)
Thanks! There are really a lot of plans. I will describe all the tasks for myself.

Reactions: Abhai
3.00 star(s) 1 Vote