Ren'Py Abandoned A Million Dollar Idea [v0.5] [Light_FeniXXX]

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Light_FeniXXX

Game Developer
Jun 16, 2020
There are a lot of people who offer their services free. Check the board in the recruitment/services section. I also do free proofreading if you would like me to help you out. Look me up on discord here: Mr. Friendly#2636
Thanks! Really people respond!
I can't promise anything about replacing the card right now. I need to think about what it would look like from a programming point of view.

May 30, 2017
"As soon as I reach 50 patrons, I will understand that this project may be interesting to people, it is worth continuing, and I will make a schedule for regular updates."

You're asking for $5 a month for a small first version of a game of beginner level quality and grammatically unsound English, while also saying that unless you get 50 patrons you won't be updating the game, possibly at all, but definitely with no regularity nor any scheduled commitment to your patrons.

That basically means you're asking for $250 a month for a demo of a first time game that you have released for free, and then after receiving the money you'll tell the people who paid you what they paid for.

Releasing stuff for free is great, learning new skills is commendable, being open to criticism is awesome, but asking to be paid by 50 people without even telling them what they are paying for is a scam. Your goal will never be reached the way you have set it and anyone who gives you money are therefore guaranteed to get burned.

I hope you improve your skills, and if this is something you want to do then do it, but until you rewrite your patreon and make a commitment to people who give you money I don't hold out any hope.

Ps. Unless the protagonist, or another character, is named "You" then you need to stop capitalizing that word, particularly when said capitalization appears totally random.

zephrates

May 12, 2017
The screen shots seem like pretty odd choices to draw players to your game, particularly the first and fourth. They should be something that makes potential players want to play, none of the shots chosen draw me in. This is not to say that you need nudes or anything like that, but someone under blankets in a dark room (I think?) and a store counter with no people around?

Light_FeniXXX

Game Developer
Jun 16, 2020
"As soon as I reach 50 patrons, I will understand that this project may be interesting to people, it is worth continuing, and I will make a schedule for regular updates."

You're asking for $5 a month for a small first version of a game of beginner level quality and grammatically unsound English, while also saying that unless you get 50 patrons you won't be updating the game, possibly at all, but definitely with no regularity nor any scheduled commitment to your patrons.

That basically means you're asking for $250 a month for a demo of a first time game that you have released for free, and then after receiving the money you'll tell the people who paid you what they paid for.

Releasing stuff for free is great, learning new skills is commendable, being open to criticism is awesome, but asking to be paid by 50 people without even telling them what they are paying for is a scam. Your goal will never be reached the way you have set it and anyone who gives you money are therefore guaranteed to get burned.

I hope you improve your skills, and if this is something you want to do then do it, but until you rewrite your patreon and make a commitment to people who give you money I don't hold out any hope.

Ps. Unless the protagonist, or another character, is named "You" then you need to stop capitalizing that word, particularly when said capitalization appears totally random.
Let me disagree with you! I don't demand anything. The game is free at the moment! Even with Patreon, you can download It without being a subscriber. The minimum subscription is $ 1! If the game will live, I will make additional options for other Tir. Shooting ranges above will get an update earlier. This is the ubiquitous practice of Patron! And people are signing up to support the development of new add-ons! As for 50 subscribers, I didn't want to add them at all. But the Patron himself insisted on adding a goal. I thought that less than 50 people = 50$ is still not worth betting. This does not mean that I will not develop a sequel until there are 50 subscribers. I just said that in this case I will act more seriously and on schedule. This is just a goal even more for me than for subscribers! At the moment, it's just a hobby for me. And this is some kind of motivation.

The translation has already been corrected. If there are not 50 people on the whole earth within a couple of months who are willing to give 1 dollar for development, I believe this is an indicator of the neediness of my work. The project is not interesting.

Patron is not a way of earning a living for me. I am not a slave. I have a regular good job. What I do is creative! At least for me. Donations are voluntary. But the game can't live without them.
In turn, I will try to improve the game, and make at least monthly updates. In any case my experience is growing every day.
Objects for DAZ are also not free. Good music also costs money. Not to mention how long the video card will last in constant load rendering mode.

Light_FeniXXX

Game Developer
Jun 16, 2020
The screen shots seem like pretty odd choices to draw players to your game, particularly the first and fourth. They should be something that makes potential players want to play, none of the shots chosen draw me in. This is not to say that you need nudes or anything like that, but someone under blankets in a dark room (I think?) and a store counter with no people around?
It's true. Screenshots are unsuccessful. I don't know if I can post screenshots of completely naked people here.

Reactions: zephrates

JohnSheridan

Apr 13, 2018
If you put your cursor in the empty center of a straight arrow when navigating around the house,
it doesn't highlight it any longer and doesn't allow you to click
I'm out. I hate Sandbox games. Please add it to that tags.
Sandbox only means Grinding and searching for content.

I would like the game to really be non-linear. There were no black and white options. The consequences were not immediate.
non-linear and consequences don't work well together. If you can do things in different order then how do the consequences apply? I'm played too many sandbox games (With walkthrough mods) to know that the scenes/characters get really disconnected because they have to be due to the 'non-linear' story.

My suggestion is make a visual novel with choices that have consequences resulting in different options in the future.

May 30, 2017
The game is free at the moment! Even with Patreon, you can download It without being a subscriber.
Then why does the 5 dollar tier have game updates as a reward?
The minimum subscription is $ 1! If the game will live, I will make additional options for other Tir. Shooting ranges above will get an update earlier. This is the ubiquitous practice of Patron!
It isn't actually. Most patreon campaigns, at least the ones that last and are from more legitimate devs, promise rewards and updates regardless of whether or not a set amount of people donate. The update schedule is communicated clearly, even if it isn't regular, most patreon campaigns communicate at least estimated release dates so people know what to expect.

You have done none of those things, and are even repeatedly threatened not to develop updates, even for patrons that pay you, if not enough people pay you. You're asking for money without offering even the slightest idea or commitment to produce any product in return, let alone in a reasonable time frame.
As for 50 subscribers, I didn't want to add them at all. But the Patron himself insisted on adding a goal. I thought that less than 50 people = 50$ is still not worth betting. This does not mean that I will not develop a sequel until there are 50 subscribers. I just said that in this case I will act more seriously and on schedule.
You still chose to make that your goal, and are sticking to it when it is being criticized, so don't blame patreon for your choice, that's a cop out. People who don't want to set a goal can make it a joke goal instead.

And, you actually havent promised any future updates anywhere. Even your revised patreon goal says that if it isn't met the project isn't worth continuing:
What that says is that until you get 50 patrons it isn't worth continuing your project.
At the moment, it's just a hobby for me.
Then why are you charging a subscription fee? People generally don't expect to get paid for their hobbies. Most people pay money to pursue their hobbies. If this isn't something that you are doing seriously then don't set up a campaign with multiple tiers, promised rewards, etc. Set it up like a tip jar, like akabur does with his patreon.
The translation has already been corrected. If there are not 50 people on the whole earth within a couple of months who are willing to give 1 dollar for development, I believe this is an indicator of the neediness of my work. The project is not interesting.
Thing is, you're not asking for $1. You're asking for $1 a month. Or $5 a month for game updates, according to your own patreon. If you don't get to 50 patrons, some people could be donating for multiple months without receiving anything from you. As an example, if someone signed up to your $5 tier right now and you don't reach your goal in the next 4 months, then they will have paid $20 for a free demo. That is a scammy.
Patron is not a way of earning a living for me. I am not a slave. I have a regular good job. What I do is creative! At least for me. Donations are voluntary. But the game can't live without them.
Why can't it? If this is a hobby that you enjoy, why do you need to be paid to do it? If you have a stable income and patreon isn't about supplementing it, then why will the game die without money?
In turn, I will try to improve the game, and make at least monthly updates. In any case my experience is growing every day.
Objects for DAZ are also not free. Good music also costs money. Not to mention how long the video card will last in constant load rendering mode.
Again, people pay fees to join hobby sports teams. People pay money to buy games or computers or consoles so they can enjoy their hobby. If you aren't committed to this, then don't ask for money. I play computer games because I enjoy them. I'm not going to threaten not to play games with my friends if they don't pay me. That would be crazy, and that is essentially what you are doing.

9inchz

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
View attachment 695669

Overview:
YIt's been a while now, I was seemingly trapped in a mundane life without ever realizing it, so when the trouble at work started it took me not only by surprise, but also out of my comfort zone. It's funny how we get so used to the everyday and drift along on our own, especially when you consider that friendship and companionship are a fundamental part of who we are, Humans. Nothing re-affirms this better than a friend in need. They needed a place and I needed a friend, win-win right? Maybe, but when I also consider the person I have become as opposed to the person I WANTED to be you have to wonder if my friend even knows me anymore! One thing is for sure.. Something has to change, I have to change! Do I let people walk all over me, or do I become the Alpha? Do I rub peoples nose in the sand, or do I offer a calm, friendly hand? Do I discuss or manipulate? You and I, my subconscious friend, are on a journey, a journey of discovery and faith, a journey of truth or dare. It all begins now, it all begins TODAY!

Thread Updated: 2020-06-17
Release Date: 2020-06-17
Developer: Light_FeniXXX
Censored: No
Version: 0.1
Language: English, Russian
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: GDRIVE - - MEGA
Mac: GDRIVE - - MEGA

View attachment 695696 View attachment 695697 View attachment 695698 View attachment 695699 View attachment 695700
didnt read the story but i'll just ask
any incest plans?

Light_FeniXXX

Game Developer
Jun 16, 2020
Then why does the 5 dollar tier have game updates as a reward?

It isn't actually. Most patreon campaigns, at least the ones that last and are from more legitimate devs, promise rewards and updates regardless of whether or not a set amount of people donate. The update schedule is communicated clearly, even if it isn't regular, most patreon campaigns communicate at least estimated release dates so people know what to expect.

You have done none of those things, and are even repeatedly threatened not to develop updates, even for patrons that pay you, if not enough people pay you. You're asking for money without offering even the slightest idea or commitment to produce any product in return, let alone in a reasonable time frame.

You still chose to make that your goal, and are sticking to it when it is being criticized, so don't blame patreon for your choice, that's a cop out. People who don't want to set a goal can make it a joke goal instead.

And, you actually havent promised any future updates anywhere. Even your revised patreon goal says that if it isn't met the project isn't worth continuing:
What that says is that until you get 50 patrons it isn't worth continuing your project.

Then why are you charging a subscription fee? People generally don't expect to get paid for their hobbies. Most people pay money to pursue their hobbies. If this isn't something that you are doing seriously then don't set up a campaign with multiple tiers, promised rewards, etc. Set it up like a tip jar, like akabur does with his patreon.

Thing is, you're not asking for $1. You're asking for $1 a month. Or $5 a month for game updates, according to your own patreon. If you don't get to 50 patrons, some people could be donating for multiple months without receiving anything from you. As an example, if someone signed up to your $5 tier right now and you don't reach your goal in the next 4 months, then they will have paid $20 for a free demo. That is a scammy.

Why can't it? If this is a hobby that you enjoy, why do you need to be paid to do it? If you have a stable income and patreon isn't about supplementing it, then why will the game die without money?

Again, people pay fees to join hobby sports teams. People pay money to buy games or computers or consoles so they can enjoy their hobby. If you aren't committed to this, then don't ask for money. I play computer games because I enjoy them. I'm not going to threaten not to play games with my friends if they don't pay me. That would be crazy, and that is essentially what you are doing.
I don't quite understand what I did wrong. I designed the page similarly to other projects. With the minimum cost of subscriptions. But you seem to be a more experienced Patreon user. And since others didn't comment on this issue, I changed the page description.

I didn't threaten not to develop the update. It is not true. I posted the game for free access and received an insult, called a scammer. I don't think that's fair.

You should understand that the more subscriptions, the better the game will be. I will be able to buy the necessary things for the game without lowering my family budget.

I plan to make monthly updates in the future. I can't really assess my strength yet. Lack of experience. But I will strive for it. I take my promises seriously. And I need to understand that in the future there will be exact dates when I will understand how much I create and for how long. As practice shows, life is unpredictable. On Patreon, people can unsubscribe if they don't see any activity at any time!

Prompt me. I don't quite understand what Patron means by "Benefits not tracked". I chose the General Support. Is this correct?

Light_FeniXXX

Game Developer
Jun 16, 2020
didnt read the story but i'll just ask
any incest plans?
Patron's rules prohibit the topic of incest. It's not in the game right now. Well, if the patrons will want to see it, I will consider the possibility of patches.

9inchz

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Patron's rules prohibit the topic of incest. It's not in the game right now. Well, if the patrons will want to see it, I will consider the possibility of patches.
no need for patchs and long plans and worries

u could simply give the player the choice to
name MC
name each character
& as extra if you can:
what each character call the other
& more extra
what each character relation to the other
(teacher / landlady / aunt / car engineer) wild ur imagination on this

there are big games of developers who have been on this Xstuff for long time & know how to bypass the restriction legally...
dont get intimidated by what they say or ruled out...
GL...

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote