VN Ren'Py A mod for ProjectSAGE

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Gunsothegreat

Jun 12, 2018
Ok, after some screw-ups and blunders, I have a couple of script errors to fix and then I'll share.
Unfortunately, I saved some of the images in a wrong folder and since I have a lot of folder and thousands of images in them I haven't been able to find them. I'm moving in a few days so this will have to do for now.

Gunsothegreat

Jun 12, 2018
Ok, I think I caught all the bugs (not likely). This adds a new start to day 2 if you got very drunk, and workout images, clothing store up to the bikini part. I have most of the bikini picks somewhere in my render folder as well as wilson event and some of the bathroom images.

The new bathroom script is so bugged that it's unplayable now so the bathroom images on day 2 wont show (you can look at them in the image folder for now)

I'll continue with this after my move in about a week.

You will need to start a new game, loading an old save will crash your game as soon as one of the new variables gets used.

Update 2 ( you need to have the first update already, this only contains the new stuff )
FIXED drunk start bug.

Update 1 (For those who don't have it yet ;) )

Last edited:

trektant

Oct 28, 2017
Aight, first up, some criticism for once. The line delivery often comes off as robotic. Thoughts are fine but their speech drones on, especially with how... I'll say, static the scenes are? The use of thoughts in place of continued movement is detrimental to the regular dialogue which is already lacking emotion. Not much tone of voice. It'd help to have some more exclamation! Within reason. But then I'm going off on very little right now and the mix with base game scenes is a bit messy.

Man I didn't give a fuck for that goth shirt at first but that ass certainly turned that around, hot damn.
I noticed you messed with the window blinds in the unused bathroom scene... 10/10 author! A true visionary if I've ever seen one.

Overall a nice little time, if held back by your recent troubles along with the continued awkward contrast with the base HS scenes. That said, turning Amy's bath time into a community event is all I need to see a bright future ahead :D

Edit: After some quick reloads it seems the morning drunk scene is unavoidable.
Edit 2: That's probably my fault. I skimmed the dev's sacred word and continued my old save... Didn't crash though. Hitting ignore kept things going.

Last edited:

ray3dave

May 12, 2017
Edit 2: That's probably my fault. I skimmed the dev's sacred word and continued my old save... Didn't crash though. Hitting ignore kept things going.
In my test run - with a new save - it did not fire at all.
Pictures look sweet, though. I am not going to coplain, I am glad that Gunsothegreat took this up, and I love what is there. Still I expected a little bit more after this time, but that's just me - I don't have the least idea how much effort is required to do this.

Last edited:

Gunsothegreat

Jun 12, 2018
Aight, first up, some criticism for once. The line delivery often comes off as robotic. Thoughts are fine but their speech drones on, especially with how... I'll say, static the scenes are? The use of thoughts in place of continued movement is detrimental to the regular dialogue which is already lacking emotion. Not much tone of voice. It'd help to have some more exclamation! Within reason. But then I'm going off on very little right now and the mix with base game scenes is a bit messy.

Man I didn't give a fuck for that goth shirt at first but that ass certainly turned that around, hot damn.
I noticed you messed with the window blinds in the unused bathroom scene... 10/10 author! A true visionary if I've ever seen one.

Overall a nice little time, if held back by your recent troubles along with the continued awkward contrast with the base HS scenes. That said, turning Amy's bath time into a community event is all I need to see a bright future ahead :D

I´ve often felt like P.S. was a first draft and the dialogue needs a complete re-write. There is a lot of repetition, like Amy constantly reminding you that all her clothes are too warm for the climate in her new home. Dialogue about stuff that really has nothing to do with the story and doesn't really add any depth to the character. I have mixed feelings about the inner thoughts throughout the game, personally I would have left other characters thoughts and motivations remain hidden and leave the player with the mystery of figuring out why those characters are doing what they are doing.
I decided to mostly focus on the graphics, and maybe condense the dialogue a bit (Making 20 images of the characters just standing around talking is in my opinion a waste of time.)
That being said, I wont be spending a lot of time on changing the dialogue other than trying to condense it a bit. If there is somebody out there who would like to take a shot at editing the script I would be all for that.

If you use an old save the new variables wont be set and since those are usually involved in anything new I add the script may not make any sense (on top of that I haven't ironed out the transitions between the new scenes and the old, so they will often feel a bit sudden)

That being said, day 2 is at the moment a bit of a mess, there's a lot of missing transition between scenes which I will do eventually, I expect I'll do the scenes from the first three days rough and then smooth out the missing stuff and maybe work on the dialogue a bit. Be prepared for a rough ride.

Reactions: trektant

Gunsothegreat

Jun 12, 2018
In my test run - with a new save - it did not fire at all.
Pictures look sweet, though. I am not going to coplain, I am glad that Gunsothegreat took this up, and I love what is there. Still I expected a little bit more after this time, but that's just me - I don't have the least idea how much effort is required to do this.
It should run if you copy the contents of the zip into the base game folder (the folder where the "game" folder is) I do have the bathroom cheat mod in my game directory, which may be the reason my bathroom script crashes the game, I'm not sure what scripts were changed by that mod.

Did the game not run or the new very drunk beginning?

Reactions: ray3dave

Gunsothegreat

Jun 12, 2018
Since I am currently helping another developer upgrading their graphics to daz studio renders, my spare time is split between these two projects, and I do give priority to the other project since Project sage is just done for fun.

Gunsothegreat

Jun 12, 2018
Oh, and I forgot to fix the starting images for the wake up not very drunk, the images are in the folder but at the moment you wont see them.

ray3dave

May 12, 2017
It should run if you copy the contents of the zip into the base game folder (the folder where the "game" folder is) I do have the bathroom cheat mod in my game directory, which may be the reason my bathroom script crashes the game, I'm not sure what scripts were changed by that mod.

Did the game not run or the new very drunk beginning?
Just the scene with the drunk morning did not happen, though I made Amy drink everything she was offered - sge even fell asleep at the right place. I am pretty sure I placed the files at the right place, all the rest worked fine. Great pics! Love to see the outfits in action!

Gunsothegreat

Jun 12, 2018
Just the scene with the drunk morning did not happen, though I made Amy drink everything she was offered - sge even fell asleep at the right place. I am pretty sure I placed the files at the right place, all the rest worked fine. Great pics! Love to see the outfits in action!
Thats odd, I'll take a look at the script later tonight and see if I find a problem, if anyone else is having that problem please let me know.

trektant

Oct 28, 2017
Thats odd, I'll take a look at the script later tonight and see if I find a problem, if anyone else is having that problem please let me know.
I spent, like, maybe 2 whole minutes to start a new game and got the same problem.
I should disregard my respect for devs more often. I almost missed some contextualized titties.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes