VN Ren'Py A mod for ProjectSAGE

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

hans2014frans

May 23, 2021
You start out by saying that the renders are good, better than paperwork, thank you, but then you go on talking about how the characters are impersonal and artificial. I´m assuming you are still talking about the look of the characters, something I have a hard time understanding, I´m looking at every image paperwork made before I render a new image, looking at characters expressions, poses, clothing. I´m not trying to recreate them I´m using them as guidelines. I absolutely hate HS models, they are ugly, low resolution, badly rigged, in short it´s hard to do worse than use HS. This is not paperworks fault, these are the tools he had and he did the best he could with them.

I´m pretty sure I made it clear from the start that my main goal was to replace the graphics, and possibly add in a few scenes. From talking to some of the fans on this thread other ideas have come up, some of those might make in into this mod/rewrite or whatever you want to call it. It´s pretty obvious if people are hooked on the old HS model and want it remade perfectly in daz, this is not a mod for them. I could show you a number of very ugly images from the game to make my point. Now I´m assuming most of the people who played paperworks game did so with a similar attitude as me, He was doing his best and I liked what he was doing so I was willing to overlook the flaws (There are a lot of flaws, and I´m not talking about kink preference, or other thing that are almost 100% a matter of taste).

I have already said, I am not an experienced writer, and my writing may very well suck. I´m not particularly interested in writing and wont be wasting much time on it. If any one wants to fix the writing, that is easy to do. just open up the scripts in a text editor and change whatever you like. I´m not doing this to entertain others, Im doing this for my own enjoyment and sharing it with the people who want to try it. Thats it! and I´m mainly interested in the graphics because I know I can improve that.

If people have suggestions, that don´t involve rerendering a large portion of what I´ve done so far, I´m open to them. People crying about, I liked this better in paperworks version, or you ruined this or that. I don't care! I´m just tired of people complaining this is not the way paperwork would have done it, or paperwork would have done this better. I am not paperwork, I´m a fan of his game but I don´t view it as holy scripture, I´m going to change things, and if what I do isn´t to your liking, just go find something else to jerk off to.
If you can write such a long text, you should actually be able to read too.
Unfortunately, you still don't understand what I mean by charisma (can be read on Google).
I haven't said a bad word about your work or Paperwork's. That's why I don't understand your last (offensive) sentence.
But be that as it may, I don't want any arguments and I always try to be as polite as possible, but if someone doesn't want to understand something, it's not my fault. Have a nice day.

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
Jumping off what the other guy said about Charisma, I think his right to a degree but I think it comes down more so to the model since we have a comparison to judge off of and that's why it feels lacking.

The character doesn't look like Amy. It's not a "the model was made in HS1" thing. Like sure, there's going to be some fidelity differences that should give it an overall higher quality look but that's different from creative decisions impacting how a character looks.

For example some differences that stick out to me are:
The original model has thinner eyebrows, her upper lip looks a bit off, and worst of all I feel like your character's face is too round, or fat maybe. I think it would look truer to the original model if her face (cheeks/jaw?) was skinnier and these things were adjusted. This obviously won't change now since your so far along and maybe there's other things I could point out (hairline for example) upon closer inspection but these are mainly why I don't think it really looks like the same character and instead feels like a generic character someone else made (no offense, just many look similar).

Going back to the charisma though, I think some things probably come off more subtle on the more realistic art style whereas on HS's art style it can feel more pronounced. Perhaps a more "over the top" style to face gestures would help that or it may make it look weird because different art styles have different strengths and weaknesses. But again, I think it mainly comes down to the model more than anything else for me personally.

• Angry
Reactions: grumpyoldcat

Gunsothegreat

Jun 12, 2018
Thank you for not being vague, that is my main problem with that other guy, and the main reason I took him for a shitposter. People who want to look like they know more than they do tend to be vague otherwise they risk exposing their lack of knowledge.

As I have said on a few occasions, I did not want Amy to look like paperworks version. She's too thin for her height and looks stretched, her legs are abnormally long compared to the rest of her, which combined with the low-quality models of HS makes for some gruesome images. I don't need a lesson in creating characters, I have been doing that for quite a few years. I am pretty happy with my version.

Charisma is very subjective, and as such is not particularly helpful in this kind of conversation.

The whole point of this mod is to change things, mainly the terrible graphics, but also to add in some fun things (Sexy shit). I am not competing with paperwork, I'm not trying to fix his game, I'm making a mod for a game I enjoyed and sharing it with those who are interested. I'm not getting paid to do this, I'm not asking for donations or support. This is done purely for fun. If you want a more serious project you are in the wrong place.

Gunsothegreat

Jun 12, 2018
I've been considering if I should add some sexy stuff with the other waitresses for Amy to witness, would that kind of voyeurism please anyone, or should the sexy stuff be Amy only?

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
i think Amy only (for now, she can build
up corruption at home and other places).

but i can’t decide because i enjoy voyeurism/exhibitionism as well.

i know it’s your mod and you
are the final decider, but to caution against too many characters.

EDIT: i know i was supposed to stop commenting but when there’s new images of Amy I can’t help it lol

lemaro

May 11, 2021
I've been considering if I should add some sexy stuff with the other waitresses for Amy to witness, would that kind of voyeurism please anyone, or should the sexy stuff be Amy only?
I'm personally in favour of more voyeurism, especially after seeing the renders you have there.

I know this is entering writing territory (and feel free to ignore) but would be hot to see some competition between Amy and the waitress lol (like Amy notices the guys are staring at the waitress so she ups her game)

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
I know this is entering writing territory (and feel free to ignore) but would be hot to see some competition between Amy and the waitress lol (like Amy notices the guys are staring at the waitress so she ups her game)
that sounds hot; could see the competition spiraling so quickly that the restaurant ends up being one of those “breastaurants” here in the US; girls essentially down to their underwear or wearing skimpy outfits serving customers

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes