VN Ren'Py A mod for ProjectSAGE

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

lemaro

May 11, 2021
Looks like I lost track of the stuff I added, it's a bit more than I thought, I wasn't counting the images so day 1 adds a few hundred images ( some intro Images, expanded the bus scene and walk home a bit, minor good-wild-slutty choices added in the minor scenes, videogame night 1 expanded for wild and slutty paths and night time streaking to kitchen expanded a bit.). Does anyone know of a spell-checker that I could use to only spellcheck dialogue in quotation marks?
Would chatgpt work? Just throwing idea out there.

Man these renders... Cant wait!! Thanks for the update and spoilers

Reactions: Gunsothegreat

Mr_Ainz

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know how chatGPT handles adult content, but it's worth a shot ;)
Look at other AIs I'd say, but it's not a bad starting point. The thing is that there are tools for spell checking text. You said to only spell check specific segments of text. Is it because you have code with dialogue and want to check only that text?

In that case I'd look into extracting the dialogue and then using an online spell-checker.

Reactions: Gunsothegreat

Gunsothegreat

Jun 12, 2018
Is it because you have code with dialogue and want to check only that text?
Yes, that's exactly it, I was hoping to find a way not to have to do it manually, so I would need something that can read the script file and only fix stuff inside of quotation marks, or something to extract the dialogue and then replace it with the fixed text. Because I'm lazy and I have thousands of lines of dialogue to fix :p

lemaro

May 11, 2021
Yes, that's exactly it, I was hoping to find a way not to have to do it manually, so I would need something that can read the script file and only fix stuff inside of quotation marks, or something to extract the dialogue and then replace it with the fixed text. Because I'm lazy and I have thousands of lines of dialogue to fix :p
F it man ppl live with typos, we will just tell u when we play haha
I suppose I can just run it through Grammarly and dismiss all the code errors, it's still much faster than copying and pasting all the dialogue back and forth.
Did this work?

Trying to figure out a way to help too outside of the suggestions.

Otherwise, screw it, grammar is not important let the grammar nazis rage haha jk

Mr_Ainz

Oct 26, 2017
My recommendation would be that from now on you write the dialog in a separate file, which you run through grammarly or whatever and then put the corrected text into the code. It may end up being more work, I'm just throwing around some ideas.

grumpyoldcat

Apr 30, 2020
Yes it works, I think, I did a small test on a part of a script and It seems to work fine. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Grammar, spelling, etc. is not important during production. It will only slow down the process if you worry about it while creating. Worry about it in post production.

Gunsothegreat

Jun 12, 2018
I thought about doing that, it still requires a lot of copy/paste line by line since every 2-3 lines there is usually an image change. If running the entire script through Grammarly proves problematic I'll probably just make a little program to extract the dialogue, and reimport once I'm done spellchecking.

Reactions: lemaro

lemaro

May 11, 2021
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes