VN Ren'Py A mod for ProjectSAGE

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Gunsothegreat

Jun 12, 2018
I have no experience with joiplay so I can't help there, you'll need projectSage 19d and the zip file with my edits, extract and copy into the game folder.

VIGOR GAMES

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2021
Wow! didn't know about this topic. I'm a huge Project SAGE fan. It will be interesting to see this
Just... where can I download this?

RuddyB

Jun 4, 2018
Wow! didn't know about this topic. I'm a huge Project SAGE fan. It will be interesting to see this
Just... where can I download this?
Honestly I'd wait until Gunosthegreat puts out the next update as it looks like there's going to be a lot of changes. However, if you don't want to wait just click on Gunsothegreat's name and look through the posts or go back through the thread and check out the different links. Just remember you need the latest Projest Sage game in order for this mod to work.

Reactions: VIGOR GAMES

VIGOR GAMES

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2021
What I would like to say about this mod:

I haven’t played it yet, I decided to wait for the update, but I looked at the renders and would like to express a couple of my thoughts on this-

Firstly, in any case, the author is a great fellow. I am very glad that someone is trying to continue or revive this, in my opinion, an undoubted masterpiece! I myself sometimes thought about doing some kind of remake of Project SAGE, but in my opinion this is a very big and responsible task that I am not ready to take on. Therefore, I express great respect to the author for deciding to take on such a huge work! Moreover, the original project has a large fan base and there will definitely be those who will criticize any changes in the plot or visual part, so there will definitely be haters of this)))

Now, regarding specifically the “re-release”.
-
I'm not entirely sure about the decision to remake it in DAZ when the original version was made in HS. DAZ is certainly a good engine with great capabilities and you can make great images on it, but DAZ, like any other engine, has its own specific atmosphere, and HS has a completely different atmosphere. I think now many will understand what I mean - when you look at the first preview or random renders of games here, I think experienced users immediately, without the naked eye, understand what engine the game is made on, and DAZ is easy to distinguish from HS. So, it is this atmosphere of the engine that largely sets the general vibe of the story. And since the original Project SAGE was made on HS, this HS atmosphere has already become an integral part of the story and the decision to do a remake in DAZ deprives the story of that very vibe. Therefore, it seems to me that it would be more logical to do a remake in HS2 in order to preserve the very atmosphere of the original. Moreover, HS2 is much easier to learn and faster to create renders (I have experience working in both of these engines).
BUT! I’m not trying to criticize the author with this, I’m just trying to express my thoughts on this matter and how it might be better to do it. And since the author decided to do a remake in DAZ, it means it’s more convenient for him and he thinks that it will be more correct. It is without a doubt that the author has the personal right to decide for himself where and how to work.

Secondly, as regards the Emmy model itself.-
For starters, as I said above, the engines have different atmospheres and graphics, and the models in DAZ will be noticeably different from the models in HS. Therefore, you should not expect striking similarities between the Emmy models from the original and the remake, but we will miss this point. I wanted to talk more about Emmy's appearance and type.
I'm sure everyone here understands what features of Emmy's appearance are her integral feature. This is her thin tall body, long thin legs and huge tits)) Especially very narrow hips, waist and ribs... they are so narrow that sometimes they even seem unnatural. But this is such a distinctive feature of it that without them it won’t be an Emmy in any case, no matter how hard you try to make them look like a face. Therefore, it was very surprising to me that the author completely ignored this fact and made a new Emmy with a short body and a wide waist. Yes, perhaps it looks more natural, but this is a completely different model, devoid of all the distinctive features of Emmy.

And even my Bella from OnlyFriends, in my opinion, is more similar in type to Emmy:
photo_5388971204200745959_w.jpg photo_5388971204200745960_w.jpg ret1.jpg
But I’ll tell you a little secret: I created Bella inspired by Emmy from ProgectSage. I gave her the same thin waist and ribs that I liked so much on Emmy (for which I even received several angry comments that her stomach looked unnaturally narrow), a similar hairstyle and hair color, and general facial features. I’ll say even more and reveal a secret - that I initially created Bella just for a possible remake of Project SAGE in my performance)) and created it specifically for Emmy, perhaps that’s why they are similar in my opinion. Of course, I made some changes to suit my preferences, for example, I like more tanned girls and I like more “meaty” legs))
But in the end, I decided that borrowing the entire PaperWork story would not be so interesting and not entirely correct for me, and I decided to make my own story, but Project SAGE became for me exactly the game after which I decided that I wanted to make my own story. So I'm very inspired by Paperwork's work and my story will have a lot in common with his work, even some of the storylines will be almost identical to Project SAGE. If you are interested, then I invite you to familiarize yourself with my game) I left the link above. But enough of advertising ourselves, let’s get back to the remake we are discussing)))

Perhaps this is just a matter of taste and the author prefers this type of girls and wide waists and he, of course!, has the right to make any model at his discretion. Or perhaps the author does not set himself the task of making visually similar models. But then it’s not entirely correct to try to present her as a new Emmy. Still, this is a different model, devoid of all the distinctive features of the previous Emmy. But I will repeat that I am not criticizing the author, he has the right to do everything at his own discretion and I am truly delighted that there was a person who wants to do at least something with Project SAGE, even if it will all be under the prism of his personal vision.

In any case, I'm going to check out the remake when the next update comes out. It will be very interesting for me to see a work based on my favorite legend. Even if there is a different atmosphere there and there won’t be the same Emmy. It’s still very cool that Paperwork’s work continues to live and resonate in other projects even after he left((
I would like to wish the author good luck and great patience! It is truly a huge amount of work and responsibility to take on such work.

I hope my message will not be taken as complete criticism. I just expressed my thoughts on this matter. Huge respect and good luck to the author!

YuriFan!

May 30, 2022
Hi. I came across ProjectSAGE today and wanted to play, but I saw this mod... Is that mosthave in current state? As far as I understand, mod just updates the graphics of a small part of the scenes (correct me if I get that wrong)

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
Secondly, as regards the Emmy model itself.-
For starters, as I said above, the engines have different atmospheres and graphics, and the models in DAZ will be noticeably different from the models in HS. Therefore, you should not expect striking similarities between the Emmy models from the original and the remake, but we will miss this point. I wanted to talk more about Emmy's appearance and type.
I'm sure everyone here understands what features of Emmy's appearance are her integral feature. This is her thin tall body, long thin legs and huge tits)) Especially very narrow hips, waist and ribs... they are so narrow that sometimes they even seem unnatural. But this is such a distinctive feature of it that without them it won’t be an Emmy in any case, no matter how hard you try to make them look like a face. Therefore, it was very surprising to me that the author completely ignored this fact and made a new Emmy with a short body and a wide waist. Yes, perhaps it looks more natural, but this is a completely different model, devoid of all the distinctive features of Emmy.
I agree with everything you've said but primarily trying to echo this since I've said it in the past. The DAZ model just doesn't feel like the same character, and combined with the rest of the presentation being completely different as well it just doesn't.. fit well.

People criticize remakes of other games that don't capture the original art style and it's a fair criticism that shouldn't be ignored because if it's radically different you aren't capturing the 'soul' of what helped shape it in the first place.

I still think Gunsothegreat's "mod" should be a standalone game that is instead 'inspired' by the game rather than trying to fit into something that visually is completely different in every way. I'd even argue it's a disservice to their own work labelling it as a mod essentially and trying to fit what they've made into a box it just doesn't fit into. I suppose it's up to them how they feel about it and that's ultimately what matters but personally I don't see it as fitting into the current game (as a mod/remake) in any way from my perspective.

Reactions: VIGOR GAMES

Gunsothegreat

Jun 12, 2018
Hi. I came across ProjectSAGE today and wanted to play, but I saw this mod... Is that mosthave in current state? As far as I understand, mod just updates the graphics of a small part of the scenes (correct me if I get that wrong)
I'm changing all the graphics, as well as adding a bit to the story and giving the player an option to start out as a more wild or slutty Amy. after the next update the first three days should be done, unless I miss something ( that might happen, there are more branches now.)

Reactions: Master Mirror

grumpyoldcat

Apr 30, 2020
I agree with everything you've said but primarily trying to echo this since I've said it in the past. The DAZ model just doesn't feel like the same character, and combined with the rest of the presentation being completely different as well it just doesn't.. fit well.

People criticize remakes of other games that don't capture the original art style and it's a fair criticism that shouldn't be ignored because if it's radically different you aren't capturing the 'soul' of what helped shape it in the first place.

I still think Gunsothegreat's "mod" should be a standalone game that is instead 'inspired' by the game rather than trying to fit into something that visually is completely different in every way. I'd even argue it's a disservice to their own work labelling it as a mod essentially and trying to fit what they've made into a box it just doesn't fit into. I suppose it's up to them how they feel about it and that's ultimately what matters but personally I don't see it as fitting into the current game (as a mod/remake) in any way from my perspective.
That's your opinion and you're entitled to it, bub.

• Wow
Reactions: lemaro and Dukez

lemaro

May 11, 2021
So I lost the last three days to a flu, so not much work done, but now that my fever is mostly gone and the headache I'm back on duty. Shame about the weekend, it's my most productive time.
Np man, rest up! It's flu season for sure regardless where you may be

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes