RPGM A New Life in Submission [v0.03b] [Zenkuro]

4.90 star(s) 31 Votes

Heisenberg2612

Feb 16, 2022
Game is on fire! Nice work. I don't think any games similar to this really come close in quality right now. A walkthrough for each route would be nice. Thank you for sharing this masterpiece with us.

tornasunder

Jun 13, 2017
Bug: The QTEs for Leah's stun to ball-busting attack are not appearing for some reason, or are off-screen where I cannot see them.

Suggestion: I think we should be able to craft food/potion for the MC whenever we want, without penalty of time. Cooking in the evening prior to sleeping can perhaps be the stat booster but as the game progresses, players might like the option to craft food/potions in the afternoon, before challenging Leah or whoever their opponent is, since the food does give buffs. Restricting crafting (that's basically what it is) to the evening only can create a complicated situation where a player could lose out on an entire day if it turns out they needed some food items to help win a fight. As it is right now, you get to choose between reading to improve knowledge, or cooking for three options: cook for Leah to improve her affection, cook for yourself from the fridge for a stat boost, or cook from the ingredients you have to craft healing/buff items. You then have to go to bed.

As for the rest of the update:

If I remember correctly, the player gets 40 in-game days to defeat the high-class student (currently Leah) that he is assigned to, right? In this 40-day period of time, will there be plenty of time for players to also explore multiple routes rather than having to focus mostly on one or two females? As it is right now, there aren't enough days available for us to train completely with Yuki (who is easily the most important as you need to learn skills to actually survive for more than a few rounds against Leah), as well as interacting with Natalie, doing the two quests for Leah and Lydia . . . which I am sure won't be the only quests added, and also dueling Leah to explore those defeat scenes. I'm just curious how expansive some of these minor NPCs will become, because choosing to interact with them in the afternoon removes your opportunity to duel or interact with Leah. Who is essentially the gatekeeper (and therefore a major NPC) to the next opponent whenever the game makes it to that point. I'm not sure players will enjoy a time crunch with how short the in-game days are, to avoid FOMO and having to completely restart to experience other routes. That is what I had to do to see all of Leah's new scenes after I spent all that time with Natalie and Yuki, and I still wasn't able to do Lydia's quest after choosing Leah's quest instead.

I assume that these other more minor interactions and quests are not going to be time sensitive and somebody who might have avoided the library until like day 30 because they were focused more on beating Leah, will still get to experience scenes with Natalie?

My main file that I will load in the next update, has all of Yuki and Natalie finished but I only got to challenge Leah twice before day 12. I couldn't finish either quest unless perhaps I just disregarded challenging Leah. Maybe Leah can still be interacted with even in the evening, since you are living with her and do need to defeat her before a certain amount of days, once the game gets to that point.

Either way, I did enjoy the new content. Natalie has potential that I can't wait to see what she brings out next for the player, and Leah slowly breaking down the MC in his defeat is fun.

Last edited:

Zenkuro

Game Developer
Feb 24, 2021
Thanks to everyone for the encouraging comments, and especially to those who take the time to write constructive feedback.

To address some of the commonly asked questions:

1. I mentioned this before, but the 40 day period is subject to change (and will almost certainly be extended).

2. You don't have to win a fight to progress through the game, as each one of the three routes (battle/affection/submission) is valid, and will unlock a different ending.

3. Fulfilling the conditions for each route individually will be fairly easy, so don't sweat it if you haven't been able to unlock everything so far. However, fulfilling the conditions for ALL three will reward the player with a fourth special ending, but will require some amount of time management (and in some cases, even prior knowledge of the game mechanics). Needless to say, it's not meant for a first playthrough (unless you're willing to rely on a walkthrough).

Here's an example:
1651562481792.png
At first glance, there doesn't seem to be any right or wrong answers here, apologizing will reward the player will submission points, trying to get to know Leah better will give affection points instead.

If you're going for one route or the other, the choice is pretty much a no brainer.

But, if you're going for all three at once... it's different.
The first choice only gives 1 submission point, but the second gives five affection points.
For the sake of optimization, you'll pretty much have to go with the second choice as it will save in-game time on the long run.

4. As for the walkthrough, I kind of wanted it to be a collaborative effort between all the players. (It's an aspect I liked about other games I've played, having to go on the forums and ask how to unlock certain scenes).

5. Finally, some people have told me that they choose to keep two save files, one where they focus on Leah only, and another where they explore side content.
I'll just make it clear right now: side quests WILL be worth your time, if you see them through to the end, as they'll reward you with items or skills that can help make fights much easier and ultimately save many in-game days' worth of grinding (it's actually more recommended to go with this approach).

I hope this was enough to shed some light on the questions you might have had.

Cheers!

Mister_M

Engaged Member
Apr 2, 2018
I haven't finished this new (and glorious I might add) update yet, but I wanted to mention I've encountered a small bug (that maybe someone already mentioned): when the library girl talks to MC [1st new scene this update, about her comic book] she once uses the name Aiden even if the player chose different name. Plus is it only me or can't we really read the recepies whenever we want?

Reactions: Tkl27

sinadipper

Oct 19, 2020
encountered a bug on the 6th day when we go to the woods and jump down a cliff. Nothing happens after that, no cutscenes or any way to get out of there. Is it only happening to me?

leonwerto

Dec 21, 2018
Wonderful visuals wonderful coding wonderful game but heading to 202 three teacher part way too hard. Tried 100 times. Need more free time

4.90 star(s) 31 Votes