VN Ren'Py Completed A Promise Best Left Unkept [Bonus Scenes S2 7-8] [Hangover Cat Purrroduction]

4.10 star(s) 98 Votes

jaden000

May 30, 2020
I forgot to mention something before, as noted by others i also did NOT like Laura dying her hair blonde... I know it's like the standard trope for many NTRs, once the girl flips she also turns into a typical "gyaru". The problem is i think that's ok for endings that go full hardcore as in where Laura would be as someone else mentioned literally whoring herself out for Luca. He has her fuck other guys to further his career, businesses or just because he can. It was hard to see her as Laura here at least visually and with the sudden turn of character, she felt like a different person entirely. I know HC has said she will retain her hair color in other endings but i think for this one she should have retained her hair.

Not to shit on the artists, they are great but sometimes the art is kinda all over the place and there is quite the discrepency between the artist that does just their avatars, you know their images when they are talking/narrating and the one that does the sex scenes, IMO i wish there was a patch that had her with her regular blue hair, ngl....
The different art style is just gonna have to be a thing unfortunately since HC doesn’t draw and he can’t make the one artist do everything and having multiple ones allows him to release updates monthly than it would be like every 2-4 months

Puma1978

Feb 25, 2022
The different art style is just gonna have to be a thing unfortunately since HC doesn’t draw and he can’t make the one artist do everything and having multiple ones allows him to release updates monthly than it would be like every 2-4 months
To be honest i really like the anime style of this Artist, i was never into anime style but since i played this game i am somehow addicted to play such games. I always thought they all are into monster titts and fat bottomed girls like mostly shown on the thumbnails and pics of such games but here its really great made. Unfortunatly most of good anime games are done with RPG maker which i dont like and also a lot of them are censored too since they come from japanese devs...Even they have grat story and Arts but thats like u paint a beautyful picture and put pixels on the details after...such nonsense.

sfoMMA85

May 23, 2019
I forgot to mention something before, as noted by others i also did NOT like Laura dying her hair blonde... I know it's like the standard trope for many NTRs, once the girl flips she also turns into a typical "gyaru".
I for a change actually really enjoy physical changes, like hair dying and piercings and stuff. Especially one of the artists drew Laura in a very nice way with the blonde hair. Though I dont really like the other artist.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Somehow her hair looks weird there. Otherwise I love this physical change that mirrors her mental change. And yes there are some NTR games (especially japanese ones) that also do this, but even on the japanese market we are far from "standard trope for many NTRs".

Physical changes in general add a whole new dimension to the NTR. It is something the protagonist can observe and thus he can get more suspicious/jealous. Something NTR stories love to play with. Also it makes the corruption progress visible. Women like Laura who despise sluts and male play things reach the point where they themselves do the things they despise. For me that is very hot in a sexual context. IRL physical changes often follow mental changes, so it also adds a touch of realism, though we are of course looking at a made up story and fiction and reality might not always go along very well.

The problem is i think that's ok for endings that go full hardcore
Why do you think this is not hardcore. Apart from NTR beeing very hardcore itself already (just look at all the haters and people that despise NTR because it hurts them to look at), I felt this was a pretty hardcore ending, with Laura totally giving up on herself and becoming what she despised most. Hardcore doesnt mean = gangbang. Hardcore means hardcore. And for me the ending was quite hardcore. You even say it yourself:

It was hard(core) to see her as Laura here at least visually and with the sudden turn of character, she felt like a different person entirely.
I might have slipped the (core) inside there, but I found it very fitting ;)
BTW thats the purpose of most corruption/NTR games: The characters go through a change, become corrupted and therefor --> feel like a different person.

and there is quite the discrepency between the artist that does just their avatars, you know their images when they are talking/narrating and the one that does the sex scenes,
I do agree with you, but that is something HC mentioned several times when he started making this game. Artists are slow, therefor he needs more artists to keep up the update and production pace this conflicts with art consistency. So he asked his patrons what do they prefer, and we all answered. MORE ART. So there you go. Thats why.

Maybe when HC gets more and more professional and has more and more artists whom he worked with for a long time, he can apply or delegate the art that has to been done in a better way. Still look at the number of scenes this game already has and its only the first ending. Thats almost more scenes then some games like have. And there its a whole team that is producing them not a single guy. So I guess we just have to accept some minor deviations from perfection... ;)

Last edited:

Terix3

Aug 2, 2017
Physical changes in general add a whole new dimension to the NTR. It is something the protagonist can observe and thus he can get more suspicious/jealous. Something NTR stories love to play with. Also it makes the corruption progress visible. Women like Laura who despise sluts and male play things reach the point where they themselves do the things they despise. For me that is very hot in a sexual context. IRL physical changes often follow mental changes, so it also adds a touch of realism, though we are of course looking at a made up story and fiction and reality might not always go along very well.
I don't see how is changing hair is some sign of corruption. I know it comes for the gyaru stereotype but that is not something present in west. Clothing change - sure when clothing becomes very risky but then again it is hard to tell what is artist taking liberties to provide fanservice and what is meant to be there (like when in some scene clothing are transparent yet none in game character is pointing that out). Physical changes can have many reasons and whatever they are some sign of mental change really depends on the baseline.
The character change would be cool if it would translate to some story impact - like MC taking some action or the girl trying to hide the changes. In most cases tho it is just used to showcase the MC obliviousness and helplessness - like he wouldn't be oblivious and helpless enough beforehand.

BTW thats the purpose of most corruption/NTR games: The characters go through a change, become corrupted and therefor --> feel like a different person.
The problem is that the character still needs to be familiar else it will distance the viewer. The characters do not have many distinguishing features here, like 60% of character recognition is through hair , 30% outfit and 10% face. The face part is also something that is specific to artist and can really change with angle. Notice how Laura is standing facing sideways while Aya is drawn from the front. That is on purpose to make the character look more different. But once you go into scenes that becomes a huge problem, i'm certain you can find scenes already in this game that despite being drawn by same artist Laura doesn't quite look like her. That is when the anchors in form of hair and outfit come into play.
Now if you mix in the changes due to corruption and fact that we have different artists working on art there is big risk or losing familiarity and that really kills the scenes.

@ different artists working on game - one artist can only draw that much. To maintain closely one type of art style and have the required pace a group of closely cooperating artists would be needed. If there are such groups for hire i'm certain they are a lot more expensive then hiring artists separately.

Tjssss

Jun 1, 2021
I may actually just wait. For a zillion weeks. HC is awesome. I can't wait to play this game when it's completely finished.

I would give money to help, but I am painfully skint.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Think the ending was solid!! Can’t please everyone with ppl enjoying different aspects of NTR
I'm kinda torn about playing this update. I think I might want to wait for multiple endings so that I can see where my playstyle actually ends up. I am open to being surprised. I would also like to see the results of Aya's path more integrated in the story. Patience may be rewarded in this case.

subaru_dono

Jul 5, 2017
I'm kinda torn about playing this update. I think I might want to wait for multiple endings so that I can see where my playstyle actually ends up. I am open to being surprised. I would also like to see the results of Aya's path more integrated in the story. Patience may be rewarded in this case.
I'm somewhat relieved to know that my initial choices in the did NOT lead to this ending, and I'm more curious about where they lead than anything else. I'd rather forget about this story for a while and enjoy the version without dead ends. Alas, I'm a little too eager to see each ending as they come.

NeroZee

Jun 24, 2018
I for a change actually really enjoy physical changes, like hair dying and piercings and stuff. Especially one of the artists drew Laura in a very nice way with the blonde hair. Though I dont really like the other artist.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Somehow her hair looks weird there. Otherwise I love this physical change that mirrors her mental change. And yes there are some NTR games (especially japanese ones) that also do this, but even on the japanese market we are far from "standard trope for many NTRs".

Why do you think this is not hardcore. Apart from NTR beeing very hardcore itself already (just look at all the haters and people that despise NTR because it hurts them to look at), I felt this was a pretty hardcore ending, with Laura totally giving up on herself and becoming what she despised most. Hardcore doesnt mean = gangbang. Hardcore means hardcore. And for me the ending was quite hardcore. You even say it yourself:

I might have slipped the (core) inside there, but I found it very fitting ;)

I do agree with you, but that is something HC mentioned several times when he started making this game. Artists are slow, therefor he needs more artists to keep up the update and production pace this conflicts with art consistency. So he asked his patrons what do they prefer, and we all answered. MORE ART. So there you go. Thats why.

Maybe when HC gets more and more professional and has more and more artists whom he worked with for a long time, he can apply or delegate the art that has to been done in a better way. Still look at the number of scenes this game already has and its only the first ending. Thats almost more scenes then some games like have. And there its a whole team that is producing them not a single guy. So I guess we just have to accept some minor deviations from perfection... ;)
I get that but the transformation was too late for me, it happened 2 chapters till the end, Laura looks to different with the hair and also no longer wearing glasses that it's hard for me to see her as the same person from several updates ago. We needed more time with blonde Laura to get used to her.

sfoMMA85

May 23, 2019
I get that but the transformation was too late for me, it happened 2 chapters till the end, Laura looks to different with the hair and also no longer wearing glasses that it's hard for me to see her as the same person from several updates ago. We needed more time with blonde Laura to get used to her.
I do agree with you, then again I understand HC who wants to cross the finish line at one point. But yes, it felt a bit rushed and I really like the idea with the glasses! Sadly its a little too late to be implemented...

Last edited:

NeroZee

Jun 24, 2018
I do agree with you, then again I understand HC who wants to cross the finish line at one point. But yes, it felt a bit rushed and I really like the idea with the glasses!
Yea, that's why i hope in future endings we will get one where she retains both her glasses and her hair color.

sfoMMA85

May 23, 2019
where she retains both her glasses and her hair color.
Well and here I have to disagree again, I liked the hair change ;) even though it was a bit rushed and the glasses would have been a nice addition. But in the end its always a matter of preferences and tastes... and I think we both made ours clear by now

Reactions: Animefan_09

NeroZee

Jun 24, 2018
Well and here I have to disagree again, I liked the hair change ;) even though it was a bit rushed and the glasses would have been a nice addition. But in the end its always a matter of preferences and tastes... and I think we both made ours clear by now
I dont mind the hair change by itself, i just think it should have happened like 4-5 chapters ago, not 1 chapter before the end.

Reactions: Adultress

Puma1978

Feb 25, 2022
I dont mind the hair change by itself, i just think it should have happened like 4-5 chapters ago, not 1 chapter before the end.
I also dont mind haircolor changes...as long Laura does not transform into a futanari and start to buttfuck Luca a revenge...

Reactions: Rugerrell6

Adultress

May 20, 2021
It feels rushed because she still hasn't accepted what's happening. If you only watch from Harry's perspective and try to infer her state of mind from her implied actions, the pacing is actually pretty good.

rhcp725

Jun 19, 2020
The update has only been out for 3 days. The top tier patrons are not going to leak it. Later today the next tier will be getting access. Will someone leak it, not sure. But there is a way for you to get it without waiting. Go to HC's Patreon page, pledge and you'll have instant access. If you expect it for free then wait patiently for someone to leak it.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
I always smile a little when people beg for updates rather than just taking them as they come. I just don't know. Maybe I'm just too zen or perhaps standing in line for Army food in basic training just taught me the virtue of patience and lowered expectations.

• Haha
Reactions: Animefan_09

Makeshift

Nov 16, 2017
It's ridiculous that every third post is this dude begging for a leak. Anyone who makes or likes these posts is blind to the long-term goal. You need high tier patrons to feel rewarded for their pledge so they continue to pledge so that HC can continue to be rewarded for making the game. I'm a pirate too but I hope that this version doesn't get leaked until at least 5 days from now when all patrons have access. I hope for this so that HC will be able to continue making these games for years to come, because they're truly some of the best out there for Western NTR fans. Please show some patience, respect, and civility.

4.10 star(s) 98 Votes