VN Ren'Py Completed A Promise Best Left Unkept [Bonus Scenes S2 7-8] [Hangover Cat Purrroduction]

4.10 star(s) 102 Votes

mzer0

Nov 21, 2018
Was actually playing hero here, but some plebs just doesn't deserve it, mucho sh*t talking.
Listen, I'm actually glad the game is taking this long to be leaked. Good for HC. But the fact of the matter is that you, sir, are no hero.

A real hero would have just posted the link in the thread for everyone, not try to gatekeep like you did.

So please, just sit down.

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2018
No matter how early the leak is, the gap between monthly updates will be the same. Better for the leak to take time so that HC can keep producing superior content.

Aug 17, 2022
Listen, I'm actually glad the game is taking this long to be leaked. Good for HC. But the fact of the matter is that you, sir, are no hero.

A real hero would have just posted the link in the thread for everyone, not try to gatekeep like you did.

That's right. People will thank you, but only after you do something first. Either link the game or fuck off, no one's gonna suck your dick so you can graciously copypaste download link.

The only hero here is HangoverCat for making the game. And of course Harry, for taking such a good care of somebody else's child.

kolram

Aug 7, 2020
You know that you could become one too? We are now hiring for hero position, it is non-paid one, but pretty satisfying when you share what you paid for with the pleb, you can apply now.
Are you suggesting that people who can’t wait a couple of days should ummm…… pay?

It’ll never catch on.

• Haha
Reactions: EndlessNights

dean_athallah

Dec 18, 2019

Well from my point, that's no heroic act at all since it affects HC's earning and the quality of the game in the long run. To each their own, at least I make a few people happy unlike you XD.

dean_athallah

Dec 18, 2019
That's right. People will thank you, but only after you do something first. Either link the game or fuck off, no one's gonna suck your dick so you can graciously copypaste download link.

The only hero here is HangoverCat for making the game. And of course Harry, for taking such a good care of somebody else's child.
Suck my dick? I didnt even ask for anything. It's just a simple kyc question I ask where they're from and let me know a little about the human behind the device.

Well I agree to your definition of hero there, no one here is a hero for sharing to all, chosen few, or none.

aqq88

May 14, 2020

yeah thanks to that the game wasn't leaked the goal on the patreon was reached that had a hard time to reach for 2-3 months ?

mzer0

Nov 21, 2018

Laura isn't in denial?

Her denial at the beginning of the story is so strong that she literally starts crying about it while riding Luca's dick the very first time she has sex with him, all the while telling herself that she's not like her mother. Did you forget that scene?

Luca has plot armor?

He's written as a clever guy with a talent for reading people, which allows him to see through Laura's facade. Sure, you can hand wave all that away as 'plot armor', but then you might as well hand wave away the rest of the story, too. If we are going to accept HC's characters as he has written them, then we have to accept that Luca is right about Laura. Which leads into...

...Laura isn't being corrupted by Luca. Not really, at least. She was already fucked up long before he came along. We see this in her subtle resentment of Harry and his 'promise' at the bar, and her innder dialouge hinting at the darker parts of herself that she refuses to fac. Luca didn't put any of these things into her mind, he just revealed them and made her look at them.

In reality, Luca didn't drag Laura down into the shadows (corrupting her), he's actually just pulling all the dark things that are already inside her out into the light, which is actually more interesting than mere corruption.

Anyway, YMMV.

Reactions: basheree

MasksDude

Aug 6, 2021
it's good that there are no rats
Laura isn't in denial?

Her denial at the beginning of the story is so strong that she literally starts crying about it while riding Luca's dick the very first time she has sex with him, all the while telling herself that she's not like her mother. Did you forget that scene?

Luca has plot armor?

He's written as a clever guy with a talent for reading people, which allows him to see through Laura's facade. Sure, you can hand wave all that away as 'plot armor', but then you might as well hand wave away the rest of the story, too. If we are going to accept HC's characters as he has written them, then we have to accept that Luca is right about Laura. Which leads into...

...Laura isn't being corrupted by Luca. Not really, at least. She was already fucked up long before he came along. We see this in her subtle resentment of Harry and his 'promise' at the bar, and her innder dialouge hinting at the darker parts of herself that she refuses to fac. Luca didn't put any of these things into her mind, he just revealed them and made her look at them.

In reality, Luca didn't drag Laura down into the shadows (corrupting her), he's actually just pulling all the dark things that are already inside her out into the light, which is actually more interesting than mere corruption.

Anyway, YMMV.
I think it's pretty stupid saying that Luca didn't drag Laura from the deep depths of satisfaction, which he clearly did. it's what every girl is (not all but most) it's the deep satisfaction that girls taste and that's what Laura got addicted to, to Luca because only he can give her that.

Laura in the end was just craving more "self desires" than just living life in general

Reactions: RandomLeviathan

Terix3

Aug 2, 2017
Am I remembering this wrong or was it not Laura's idea that she and Harry keep their relationship secret from their coworkers? That was a separate thing from Harry not wanting to move in with her until he'd proven himself worthy in his mind. I distinctly remember thinking the coworker thing was a huge red flag since Laura might have been trying to keep her options open or have felt ashamed of Harry in some way.

This has been a great discussion, but I tend to agree more with mzer0 that there was always trouble in paradise and that Laura would likely always have cheated or at least just dumped Harry eventually. Laura's willingness to keep secrets and deceive her boyfriend is a classic cheater tell. It also seems likely to me that consciously or unconsciously Laura has probably continually reinforced Harry's feelings of inadequacy throughout their relationship. After she calls him a weakling (that was the point in the story where I personally lost all interest in seeing Harry stay with Laura), she seems to know that an apology is all that will be needed to set things right again. She thinks Harry is a very good and decent person, but I'm not sure she's ever respected him or truly felt he was really on her level.
You are making stuff up.
If Laura have had any doubts about Harry and would not truly love him, why would she sacrifice herself and comply with the blackmail ?
Harry fucked up, she has all the reason to let him answer for it. But she gives her body and possibly gives up on their relationship (she intends to come clean about the whole situation once blackmail loses value so she is prepared for him leaving her) to protect his life, his dreams.
IF that is not display of true love then i don't know what is.

She is keeping secret to protect Harry not to fool him. She is also intending to come clean and confess after the danger is gone. This is the furthest from cheater tell.

Why you draw line on her calling him weakling ? Harry by all means is weak, and when couples have fights they call themselves far worse. The situation is engineered to put Laura in spot where she seeks an escape from the psychological ordeal - such escape is putting the blame on someone else. It works so well because Harry weakness did in fact bring that situation upon them.

Laura isn't in denial?

Luca has plot armor?

Anyway, YMMV.
What you are calling denial is Laura attempting to fight her dark side, she is basically doing mantra.
Denial would be if she would happily ride Luca and then say "No i didn't cheat, i did it for Harry".
Laura says "Yes i cheat, and i know it will hurt Harry but i do it for him, if he hates me for it i will accept it as long as he is safe"

Luca is a bit too good at knowing what to say, when to say and what not to say. Also regarding reading Laura - how is it that Harry notice small behavioral changes - use of perfumes, going to coffee, being distracted. But he would fail to notice that she is only pretending to be the upstanding character, meanwhile Luca having barely any interaction with her is able to tell it. Luca doesn't read her, he assumes that she has the darkness in her else his plot is bound to fail.

... like i have said having dark thoughts and acting upon them are two different things.
How is she is supposed to face her dark side? You don't face it, you control it, you may go to psycho but people that are able to control themselves generally don't need psycho. I refuse the notion that she was fucked up because she had bad thoughts and i refuse the idea that she was bound to lose control for no reason. Also i think you don't understand how empowering is to have a loved one support for such cases.

All and all i think you guys already took side and only notice things that enforce it while ignoring the rest. The story is written that way on purpose i believe - without putting all guilt on one party so people can side with whomever they want.

• Angry
Reactions: Ka1n3 and jojogeo

EndlessNights

Jun 18, 2022
You are making stuff up.
I think your rhetorical style would be a bit more effective if you didn't make your arguments so personal. I'm just sharing my honest opinions and analysis here just like you and mzer0. I don't see a single Luca among us. I don't trust my memory and it has been a while since I played the beginning of the game so you should definitely feel free to point any factual errors I might make in my arguments.

If Laura have had any doubts about Harry and would not truly love him, why would she sacrifice herself and comply with the blackmail ?
Harry fucked up, she has all the reason to let him answer for it. But she gives her body and possibly gives up on their relationship (she intends to come clean about the whole situation once blackmail loses value so she is prepared for him leaving her) to protect his life, his dreams.
IF that is not display of true love then i don't know what is.
I agree that Laura definitely sees herself as making a noble sacrifice for her love. However, she also has to know there's no way Harry would ever agree with her choice to play Luca's sexual games just to keep him out of prison. Laura takes it all on herself and denies Harry from getting the same chance to make a sacrifice for her or to even learn about what's really going on. At best, she's babying him and protecting him from a truth she thinks he can't handle, and that's another reason I don't think she respects Harry.

I know we're dealing with a fantasy legal system in the game, but I can't help but wonder what would've happened if Laura hadn't played ball with Luca and Harry did get hauled before a judge. Obviously, we wouldn't have had much of a story in that case. Still, would some mob-connected judge really have sentenced a guy to some long prison sentence just for helping out a coworker and inadvertently violating the law? Honestly, would Luca even want that? He gets off on taking Laura right from under Harry's nose so I'm not sure it'd be the same if Harry was locked up and disconnected from Laura.

For the record, I do agree with you that Luca is 100% a rapist. On the other hand, I also think Laura entered their arrangement with her eyes open, and she has the intelligence needed to weigh the pros and cons of her decision. I don't think she's as horrified at the thought of infidelity as Harry would be. (To be fair, there will be more balance in the game when the Aya path is done because that will enable Harry to be a cheater as well, and on the Aya path he'd be a cheater entirely out of choice.) You can ascribe it entirely to Luca's corrupting influence I suppose, but Laura definitely comes (ha!) to enjoy the cheating and the sacrifice aspect is much more muted as the story progresses.

Why you draw line on her calling him weakling ? Harry by all means is weak, and when couples have fights they call themselves far worse. The situation is engineered to put Laura in spot where she seeks an escape from the psychological ordeal - such escape is putting the blame on someone else. It works so well because Harry weakness did in fact bring that situation upon them.
To me, the weakling line just reinforces the idea that Laura doesn't respect Harry as a person and in fact in some ways might view Luca as superior. Now if the line had come in the heat of a passionate argument and Harry had just called Laura a whore or something like that, I'd definitely be with you, but to me it just seemed like Harry was expressing his feelings and Laura was viewing them (and him) with disdain. It didn't seem like a relationship worth keeping going at that point to me. I will grant you I probably don't feel as much sympathy for Laura as I should given her situation.

Terix3

Aug 2, 2017
I think your rhetorical style would be a bit more effective if you didn't make your arguments so personal. I'm just sharing my honest opinions and analysis here just like you and mzer0. I don't see a single Luca among us. I don't trust my memory and it has been a while since I played the beginning of the game so you should definitely feel free to point any factual errors I might make in my arguments.
Was i offensive ? Sorry if that is the case. There is no indication of Laura not being serious about Harry and plenty of evidence that she is. So i saw your suggestion as something you made up based on your image of Laura you are carrying.

I agree that Laura definitely sees herself as making a noble sacrifice for her love. However, she also has to know there's no way Harry would ever agree with her choice to play Luca's sexual games just to keep him out of prison. Laura takes it all on herself and denies Harry from getting the same chance to make a sacrifice for her or to even learn about what's really going on. At best, she's babying him and protecting him from a truth she thinks he can't handle, and that's another reason I don't think she respects Harry.
That doesn't work that way. If Laura would share with Harry then he would end up sacrificing himself and then you could say that she didn't truly love him because he shared with him knowing that he will sacrifice himself. She actually asks him if he would sacrifice for her and then feels guilty for even thinking he wouldn't.
She is not protecting him from truth - what truth are you talking about here? She is protecting him from losing his career (his dream) and jail. If you mean about her having sex with Luca then she intends to confess once blackmail loses its power and Harry is safe. She knows he may not forgive her but she is fine with it as long he is safe.

I know we're dealing with a fantasy legal system in the game, but I can't help but wonder what would've happened if Laura hadn't played ball with Luca and Harry did get hauled before a judge. Obviously, we wouldn't have had much of a story in that case. Still, would some mob-connected judge really have sentenced a guy to some long prison sentence just for helping out a coworker and inadvertently violating the law? Honestly, would Luca even want that? He gets off on taking Laura right from under Harry's nose so I'm not sure it'd be the same if Harry was locked up and disconnected from Laura.

For the record, I do agree with you that Luca is 100% a rapist. On the other hand, I also think Laura entered their arrangement with her eyes open, and she has the intelligence needed to weigh the pros and cons of her decision. I don't think she's as horrified at the thought of infidelity as Harry would be. (To be fair, there will be more balance in the game when the Aya path is done because that will enable Harry to be a cheater as well, and on the Aya path he'd be a cheater entirely out of choice.) You can ascribe it entirely to Luca's corrupting influence I suppose, but Laura definitely comes (ha!) to enjoy the cheating and the sacrifice aspect is much more muted as the story progresses.
This is required for the NTR story to happen. We kinda need to accept that Laura had no better option. Just as we need to accept Luca's infinite stamina and fact that sexual pleasure messes with Lauras head.

To me, the weakling line just reinforces the idea that Laura doesn't respect Harry as a person and in fact in some ways might view Luca as superior. Now if the line had come in the heat of a passionate argument and Harry had just called Laura a whore or something like that, I'd definitely be with you, but to me it just seemed like Harry was expressing his feelings and Laura was viewing them (and him) with disdain. It didn't seem like a relationship worth keeping going at that point to me.
They were not in passionate argument but they had fight earlier. Also Laura was being rammed while Harry was pestering her with something she already knew. Also she has taken quite a bit of "poison" by that point.

I will grant you I probably don't feel as much sympathy for Laura as I should given her situation.
That might be for the better. Personally at some point the the trap Laura was driven into was too much for me to read. I had to stagger my time with the game and read the scenes "roughly".

Trying to delve into the psychology of Laura, or any NTR heroine really, is a fool's errand. They always do it because they love their partner and they always realize they love big cock more. It isn't rocket science. It is penis science.
That is the core of NTR concept but it is nice to have characters that have actual psychology that we can dig into.

criestoomuch

Oct 22, 2020
I agree that Laura's not being corrupted. She's just being made to show her true colors. But at the same time I keep asking myself 'what's the difference at the end of the day.' The journey might be a little hotter along the way. And it's a pretty disappointing use of the rules system. But man was it hot as fuck when she agreed the rules only apply to her. I'm talking head and shoulders above all of the other scenes.

Reactions: EndlessNights

mzer0

Nov 21, 2018
I agree that Laura's not being corrupted. She's just being made to show her true colors. But at the same time I keep asking myself 'what's the difference at the end of the day.'
The way I see it, corruption happens when foreign ideas are introduced to the target's mind. Ideas that they would never have thought on their own.

Consider the following two kinds of married women as an example (two extremes to keep things simple):

A) An innocent, happy housewife who's only sexual experience has been with her husband.
B) A former prostitute who has cheated on all of her exes, but is now struggling to be a good and faithful wife by fighting against her old habits.

The lack of sexual experience and marital happiness of woman 'A' makes her corruptible because, in order for her to betray her husband, she would have to start thinking in a way that is alien to her.

However, woman 'B' is less corruptible because those ideas are already inside her. There is very little to corrupt other than the ideas that are making her want to be faithful to her husband. After those are gone, she'll do the rest by herself because it's her true nature.

Really, corruption is the process of transforming something that was once clean and pure into something dirty. Woman 'A' is pure, so the process of getting her to cheat on her husband is going to require A LOT of work. However, woman 'B' is already dirty. Comparably, very little work is needed to get her to cheat because it's already a part of who she is.

How can you call it corruption when the target is already dirty to begin with?

Again, this is just the way I see it.

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 102 Votes