VN Ren'Py Completed A Promise Best Left Unkept [Bonus Scenes S2 7-8] [Hangover Cat Purrroduction]

4.10 star(s) 99 Votes

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
when i try to download the bonus scene my windows defender says it has a Trojan:Script/Wacatac.H!ml. Does it happen to anyone else?
Windows defender has problems with 32bit exe files, especially when compressed... It's a recent thing, but many threads mention these false positives lately.... Either try to download the uncompressed files or try another virus guard...

Garouzar

Nov 27, 2022
You can't go wrong by always assuming that every ending gets progressively worst for Harry. I've held that assumption and haven't had it disappointed yet.
the first time, I was expecting for the hero ending to be atleast near good ending but when i see the first update of "fallen hero end" i just reallize the word "hero" is never been between good or bad... it just a title. lol

Reactions: Y.Gromov and NyuNyu

rustyspoon

Apr 15, 2018
Hey, hows the bonus scene fit in here? is it continuation of the story? extra story? should i play this after finishing all the story? thanks a bunch.
As far as I know they are supposed to be seperate from the main story and are completely optional extras that you would play AFTER finishing the main game.
However, with some imagination they could easily fit inside the main story. They are “endgame” though. Hardcore, kinky sex scenes. I would recommend playing them after finishing the game as it is. You don’t need to wait until the whole game is completed.

dangodaimao

Oct 11, 2022
Unlike most people here I actually think the Clumsy Hero ending was a W for Harry. Ultimately he's still alive, Laura still loves him, and his sworn enemy is now dead. It's difficult to imagine an aftermath where things get worse for him rather than better, even if he and Laura don't get back together. Even if we never get another ending where Luca loses I'm somewhat satisfied with that one and I disagree with the notion that he was still victorious in death.

Shatteredstar

Sep 21, 2018
Unlike most people here I actually think the Clumsy Hero ending was a W for Harry. Ultimately he's still alive, Laura still loves him, and his sworn enemy is now dead. It's difficult to imagine an aftermath where things get worse for him rather than better, even if he and Laura don't get back together. Even if we never get another ending where Luca loses I'm somewhat satisfied with that one and I disagree with the notion that he was still victorious in death.
I like that ending. Laura did what she set out to do, which suites her character the most. Luca is almost, maybe is, comically evil to Harry, very little outside of his death would've stopped him from destroying Harry's life.

Reactions: JoZEr and Rinnryuu
Mar 21, 2023
Fallen hero ending should be about Laura getting rid of Luca with Harry's and Sandra's help, but she would do that to make sure her mother won't be stolen from her and would actually still fuck behind Harry's back with her mother and her customers, because her hedonist switch would be flipped by that point. Would serve the "fallen hero" theme perfectly since she would still be a hero, but completely fallen to the lust. We could also get some nice orgy ending scene with two women and multiple men.

But of course that would be too much. We can't have that in a game where god emperor Luca is the one and only and his dick is law, mindbreaking women left and right including the one that literally has sex with men for a living.

• Angry
Reactions: JoZEr and ZUBiDAM

CleanJebboy

Feb 28, 2022
This is by far the best ending. The sad thing Laura and Harry won't be together even in this scenario. I am sure Harry would forgive her but she says explicitly , in effect that she wouldn't respect him if did. In this scenario that translates to weakness for her showing that Luca "wins" even here.

It's a shame but I think that's a pretty realistic touch.

(edited after mistake pointed out)

Last edited:

CleanJebboy

Feb 28, 2022
That never happened.
I was incorrect by saying she explicitly said it, but the last line of her is "I wouldn't" which to me implies it. It's been awhile since I viewed it and conflated the two. But to me it makes it obvious that they won't work even in this ending.

Mar 21, 2023
I was incorrect by saying she explicitly said it, but the last line of her is "I wouldn't" which to me implies it. It's been awhile since I viewed it and conflated the two. But to me it makes it obvious that they won't work even in this ending.
Again, you are completely incorrect, because that scene has nothing to do with Laura not respecting Harry if he took her back.

She asks him "internally" hoping if he would be able to forgive her and love a murderer, saying that if roles were reversed she wouldn't be able to do it. We don't know Harry's opinion about Laura after he finds out, so the ending is completely open, but in my opinion it's safe to assume he would take her back just out of guilt that he caused all of this to begin with.

Reactions: subaru_dono

dangodaimao

Oct 11, 2022
Not to suggest I'd be dumb enough to give Luca that USB in the first place, but if I found myself in the exact position Harry was in in that ending I'd have a pretty easy time forgiving Laura since she's the real victim in all of this and she was only killing her rapist for my sake.

Reactions: rungson

CleanJebboy

Feb 28, 2022
Again, you are completely incorrect, because that scene has nothing to do with Laura not respecting Harry if he took her back.

She asks him "internally" hoping if he would be able to forgive her and love a murderer, saying that if roles were reversed she wouldn't be able to do it. We don't know Harry's opinion about Laura after he finds out, so the ending is completely open, but in my opinion it's safe to assume he would take her back just out of guilt that he caused all of this to begin with.
I think your interpretation is valid as is mine. I do not doubt that Harry will take her back. Where we disagree is it sounds you think Laura would welcome it where I think she would now see it as a weakness since she wouldn't be able to forgive. To be honest, I hope I'm wrong but I think the overall experience has changed her (or revealed her true nature though I dislike even typing that out) I will admit it is open to interpretation and purposefully I'm sure. In either case it's my favourite ending because it gives Laura some agency though I wish Harry would do /something/ at some point.

Reactions: Rinnryuu
Mar 21, 2023
Where we disagree is it sounds you think Laura would welcome it
Of course she would, she did all of that for Harry after all and she hopes Harry will love her still, it's right there, she says it right there

where I think she would now see it as a weakness since she wouldn't be able to forgive.
Then yet again, you are wrong, because nothing about that ending scene has anything to do with "weakness" or "losing respect". You are making things up and have absolutely no proof for your theory. It's about burden of living with a killer, even if that kill was justified (she did kill a murderer and rapist after all). It's nothing but your own headcanon, I have no idea how can you see this:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

and think "yeah, she's totally gonna lose respect for Harry if he takes her back". This scene has NOTHING to do with respect. It has everything to do with her hoping that Harry will take her back, because if roles were reversed - the burden of living with a killer would be too much for her. But there is ZERO indication that in the current scenario where SHE is a killer, she will lose respect for Harry for taking her back. It's the absolute opposite, she wishes for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: RandomLeviathan

CleanJebboy

Feb 28, 2022
Hmmm, for some reason you cut it off right before the crux of what's being discussed. If it ended where you posted I'd love it, but it didn't end there. It continued which is important.

What happens right after is: (screen darkens_)

"Say....Harry...
Do you think you can forgive a cheater and a murderer...?
...I know I wouldn't"

And last line is italicized showing it's importance. Why include it and why italicize it? Because it's important to who Laura is and how she now sees the world in her deepest throughts.

For the record, I would prefer your interpretation in the scenario, it's nicer but this game isn't nice. There is no happy ending for the two of them though I really wish there was.

Reactions: RandomLeviathan

Terix3

Aug 2, 2017
Hmmm, for some reason you cut it off right before the crux of what's being discussed. If it ended where you posted I'd love it, but it didn't end there. It continued which is important.

What happens right after is: (screen darkens_)

"Say....Harry...
Do you think you can forgive a cheater and a murderer...?
...I know I wouldn't"

And last line is italicized showing it's importance. Why include it and why italicize it? Because it's important to who Laura is and how she now sees the world in her deepest throughts.

For the record, I would prefer your interpretation in the scenario, it's nicer but this game isn't nice. There is no happy ending for the two of them though I really wish there was.
First remember that Laura looks at herself as someone dirty compared to Harry, Harry is the ideal she would like to become.
She asks if he would forgive cheater and murderer ... does she consider circumstances in that statement?

Harry ultimately already forgave her for cheating or doesn't even consider her to be cheating to begin with. He chose to believe in her through everything, he chose to believe that there is reason in what she is doing and the she wouldn't hurt him otherwise.

So the question really becomes about the murderer part - but again is that something she needs forgiveness for ? Being the victim there and trying to protect loved one i think for most it classifies as self defense.

I believe Laura already knows that Harry will forgive her but she nonetheless feels disgust with herself that she ended up hurting Harry and killed a man. That is why she puts emphasis on not wanting to forgive such person, she believes she doesn't deserve forgiveness. But at the same time she wants to be like Harry right ? and Harry will forgive, hopefully she will understand that her desire to self punish herself is at odds with Harry happiness.

CleanJebboy

Feb 28, 2022
Certainly could be right, and again I hope the nicer interpretation is correct. Have a feeling it isn't though. /shrug. It's a well written game that allows for this much discussion.

Mar 21, 2023
Hmmm, for some reason you cut it off right before the crux of what's being discussed.
I've cut it because there is nothing that proves your theory right or disproves what I say. And I literally mentioned those lines twice already in my posts with added context to the whole situation.

Of course, but it has nothing to do with her losing respect for Harry if he takes her back. It's used to point out that Laura knows what she did, how serious her situation is and that even though she hopes Harry forgives her, she wouldn't be able to do it if roles were reversed, because of how grave it all is. That's literally it. She knows it would take someone above her to forgive something like that, and that's why she thinks it. That's the extent of the information presented in the game. Everything else about "respect" is your added headcanon.

Anyway I feel like we are kinda in a loop right now so to make things short and final from me: you have a theory with zero actual proof in the game and are literally grasping for straws implying italicized font means Laura will lose respect for Harry if he takes her back. You are literally and unironically claiming that a woman in distress from killing someone and ending her long suffering thinks about "respect".

4.10 star(s) 99 Votes