VN Ren'Py Completed A Promise Best Left Unkept [Bonus Scenes S2 7-8] [Hangover Cat Purrroduction]

4.10 star(s) 100 Votes

Terix3

Aug 2, 2017
I was looking forward to Aya's update and looking forward to seeing how she would be broken by Luca, and after playing the last update I realized that this game has really lost its greatness and now I expect something just from his new work. Certainly Aya's route is extremely predictable and boring, besides the fact that all corruption is cut to a rape scene, the current arc of this game is so boring and emotionless that within the game it seems that Luca is already bored with everything hahahahah , not to mention that I don't doubt that the developer feels that way too.
This is poor choice of wording. The route is anything but predictable unless you mean the fact that Luca will steal the girls, doh obviously. I wouldn't say it was boring either. The problem really lies in the fact that we learn too much too quickly about Aya and we don't really understand her. When she gets raped we expect her to act as any person being raped would, but she doesn't. That dissonance is major problem.
Another angle is that you can only see the something crack that many times before it stops being entertaining.

WhiteFireDaemon

Mar 14, 2017
I was looking forward to Aya's update and looking forward to seeing how she would be broken by Luca, and after playing the last update I realized that this game has really lost its greatness and now I expect something just from his new work. Certainly Aya's route is extremely predictable and boring, besides the fact that all corruption is cut to a rape scene, the current arc of this game is so boring and emotionless that within the game it seems that Luca is already bored with everything hahahahah , not to mention that I don't doubt that the developer feels that way too.
Aya's rape doesn't seem to have corrupted her in the least. The only effect it's had if anything is simply to open her eyes to what Luca is really capable of. It's basically Luca just taking something he wanted and getting away with it because of his influence and planning. The real corruption is going to come as Aya plays the game thinking that she can get Harry to choose her over Laura and losing the game. Being too hard headed to give up, she'll play the game, end up having to ride the Luca brain melting meat rod and that's where the corruption will set in. She'll get addicted to the cock like Laura did and lose sight of her original goal. I have a feeling things are going to be kept pretty even on the score too right up until the very last date meaning that Aya is going to have to play along and won't be able to claim an early victory or loss after only the first few dates. Meanwhile Luca will likely find ways to stick it to Aya even when she wins kind of like how he did by getting Laura to agree to the double date to the movies.

Terix3

Aug 2, 2017
Aya's rape doesn't seem to have corrupted her in the least. The only effect it's had if anything is simply to open her eyes to what Luca is really capable of. It's basically Luca just taking something he wanted and getting away with it because of his influence and planning. The real corruption is going to come as Aya plays the game thinking that she can get Harry to choose her over Laura and losing the game. Being too hard headed to give up, she'll play the game, end up having to ride the Luca brain melting meat rod and that's where the corruption will set in. She'll get addicted to the cock like Laura did and lose sight of her original goal. I have a feeling things are going to be kept pretty even on the score too right up until the very last date meaning that Aya is going to have to play along and won't be able to claim an early victory or loss after only the first few dates. Meanwhile Luca will likely find ways to stick it to Aya even when she wins kind of like how he did by getting Laura to agree to the double date to the movies.

Aya was rather aware of Luca, she says "He is dangerous" also she appears to have some insight into the mafia workings. Her miscalculation was that she assumed Laura was fighting against him and that she would not stand for rape, can't blame her i assumed same. The core of situation about Aya is her split personality. While we know Aya loves Harry, what about her other ego? The other ego tells her to go all in and at the end it will want retribution. So quite possibly Aya will not get so much corrupted as much the other ego will take control. Quite possibly the alt ego is capable of murder while Aya has some suicide thoughts, it may result in a pile of bodies.

Reactions: Tery4

ZUBiDAM

Apr 6, 2022

Aya was rather aware of Luca, she says "He is dangerous" also she appears to have some insight into the mafia workings. Her miscalculation was that she assumed Laura was fighting against him and that she would not stand for rape, can't blame her i assumed same. The core of situation about Aya is her split personality. While we know Aya loves Harry, what about her other ego? The other ego tells her to go all in and at the end it will want retribution. So quite possibly Aya will not get so much corrupted as much the other ego will take control. Quite possibly the alt ego is capable of murder while Aya has some suicide thoughts, it may result in a pile of bodies.
i think luca mind games will be the main corruption for aya, especially since it seems like harry is doing exactly what aya told not to, she told him she would hate him if he remains indecisive about their relationship.
seems like harry can't fight against his kind nature, by being overwhelmed by aya and laura so he probably doesn't do it on purpose.

Animefan_09

Sep 13, 2017
There is a lot that we learn about Aya, this my summary in case i miss something do point that out.
Obviously this is big spoiler.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Ok what i get about your spoiler is that Harry is fucked either way lol

I mean if Aya is all that his only salvation is running, like if she turns yandere/yandire i won't be surprised xD

Anyway how many new scenes are there between this and the previous update, i didn't play the previous version since i wanted to have more content in the new route, i am even debating with myself between playing now or waiting until this one is finished (the route not the game).

Terix3

Aug 2, 2017
Ok what i get about your spoiler is that Harry is fucked either way lol

I mean if Aya is all that his only salvation is running, like if she turns yandere/yandire i won't be surprised xD

Anyway how many new scenes are there between this and the previous update, i didn't play the previous version since i wanted to have more content in the new route, i am even debating with myself between playing now or waiting until this one is finished (the route not the game).
One Laura and one Aya scene.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Animefan_09

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Are the bonus scenes added to the newest game update or are they their own separate thing? How do they work?
Think of the "bonus scenes" as a different standalone game with several distinct non-canon vignettes featuring the characters in this game.

Revo

Jun 18, 2017
Anyone who ever started writing something, stopped midway, then attempted to pick up again years later knows how hard it is to recover the spark. The priorities, mood, mindset and level of interest in that particular story which you had at the time might be totally different from now.
I don't think this is the case for a midway stop and continue, I can't remember if I seen it or assuming but I believe HC writes things as he releases new content, but have a skeleton idea of how the story is going to progress and just write it at the month of released
Also it is far easier to write linear bit of story than multi choice one that result the characters becoming almost different people.
Yes and not really, I do agree that linear storytelling is easier since you don't have to break down key decisions (branching paths), but I also believe with a proper planning and time you can make write a consistent story where character reacts different for each reaction, which in reality it doesn't really happen for freelancers such as HC in this situation since they have to make a living
What was generic about Hero route? It is not about prioritizing quantity over quality but serving ntr in different tastes.
different taste are essentially quantity meaning if you go to a buffet you get the chance to get a lot of different taste, but the quality will downgrade to keep up with the demand, while if you go to a restaurant, you'll get to taste more limited dishes but with higher quality taste
i feel like the main story of the game is a separate thing from the rest that branched off, it's like it feels like the main story got lost or its script fell in the water and he had to do the branches to take the story elsewhere.
Probably one of the problems with releasing a story, with just an idea on how you want to release a project and deadlines
so there is a chance the feedback will be heard.
that'll never happened, ever since I been reading the "forum" I have yet to see HC take any feedback and the only reason why certain things had been added to the plan was because he put it up to vote in his patreon with a non positive outlook with the results (good ending... I could be wrong about the details), the only way that maybe he will listen is if you are a patreon and that's a maybe
Laura becoming obsessive after realizing she going to lose harry is true to life. A guy on one of those ask reddit videos figured out his wife was cheating start being distant and less affectionate with her. While preparing to divorce her. Lady immediately wanted to brake it off with the guy because she thinks her hubby was cheating on her.
I had come a few stories like that on reddit too, I find it funny on those where the wife try to fuck hubby fully aware that they are not interested in them and then become a mess after the divorce

Reactions: Samuraibear

SoulShocker

Jun 4, 2018
A Promise Best Left Unkept [v0.8.6] [Hangover Cat Purrroduction] - Update only

The patch may break your game, use at your own risk.
If you missed it you can find the old Update only patch HERE.

Universal: v0.8.3 -> v0.8.6 [82,3 MB]
MEGA - - Pixeldrain - Workupload

Please @ me or quote this post if there is a new version that doesn't show up on the "Latest Updates" page.
Error at the end, at commentaries.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Bob69

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
Yeah most likely missed a picture.

Have the v0.8.3, v0.8.6 takes a while to download. Dunno whats wrong with gofile.

SoulShocker
I think I found my error.
The folder "sprites" in "game\images\effects\" needs to be in the "images" folder. Just cut and paste it from the effects folder one back.

Can you check if that works?

SoulShocker

Jun 4, 2018
Yeah most likely missed a picture.

Have the v0.8.3, v0.8.6 takes a while to download. Dunno whats wrong with gofile.

SoulShocker
I think I found my error.
The folder "sprites" in "game\images\effects\" needs to be in the "images" folder. Just cut and paste it from the effects folder one back.

Can you check if that works?
Yup, that works. Thanks!

Reactions: Bob69
4.10 star(s) 100 Votes