VN Ren'Py Completed A Promise Best Left Unkept [Bonus Scenes S2 7-8] [Hangover Cat Purrroduction]

4.10 star(s) 102 Votes

Zakharez

May 6, 2023
Who know how to complete delete saves and scene gallery? Already try to delete game and saves in renpy folder

kurosx

Oct 1, 2017
There are two save folders, in the game folder and in AppData:
C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\APromiseBestLeftUnkept-1627751479
Delete both.

Reactions: TacticalTomato

JUANCA1003

Jan 25, 2021
View attachment 1482935

Overview:
Prompted into action by the promise he made to his girlfriend a year ago, Harry finally made a huge breakthrough in his quest for success by scoring a major deal for his company, in doing so setting into motion his inevitable promotion. But what he didn’t foresee is that the byproduct of his unshakable resolve would unintentionally invite an undesirable presence into his life. The representative of the subcontracting company—his old bully from high school.​

Thread Updated: 2023-06-29
Release Date: 2023-06-27
Developer: Hangover Cat Purrroduction - -
Censored: No
Version: v0.9.3
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

DOWNLOAD
Win: - MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN -
Win(32)
(v0.6.6): - MEGA - - WORKUPLOAD
Mac
(v0.9.0): - - - PIXELDRAIN - MEGA
Android (v0.9.0): - - - PIXELDRAIN - MEGA

Extras: Gallery Unlocker* - Bonus Scenes

Thank you XDD258 for sharing!
*This unofficial port/version is not released by developer, download at your own risk.

View attachment 1482938 View attachment 1482939 View attachment 1482940 View attachment 1482941 View attachment 1482942
What i hate the most of this kind of games is that the male protagonist never is capable to confront his cheating girlfriend, is it to much asking, al least, 1 scene with him being a real man and saying what he should? Don't misunderstand me, i like the game, the history, the characters and above all, the sensations it causes, they are really great, i almost explode in anger with the final, but i'd like the protagonist makes himself respected at least one time, even if he lost the girl, i'd love a final like this.

UmbraPenumbra

Oct 11, 2021
What i hate the most of this kind of games is that the male protagonist never is capable to confront his cheating girlfriend, is it to much asking, al least, 1 scene with him being a real man and saying what he should? Don't misunderstand me, i like the game, the history, the characters and above all, the sensations it causes, they are really great, i almost explode in anger with the final, but i'd like the protagonist makes himself respected at least one time, even if he lost the girl, i'd love a final like this.
Defeats the ntr premise my g

Terix3

Aug 2, 2017
The game will soon clock 2 years of development, if the updates would slow down due to single artist it would take another 2 to finish it. 4 years is too much for a VN in my humble opinion. I think plenty of people simply want the dev to move on and give us a new story.

mzer0

Nov 21, 2018
Agree on all points.

I love the NTR genre for the kind of experience it gives me, but I'm no masochist cuck, nor am I a sadist. I just love the tension and the build up that a story about infidelity can create, not so much the fetishized humiliation that tends to come with it. I can tolerate the humiliation; god knows I've read enough NTR to be able to, but too much of it and I start rolling my eyes.

It's like Mary Sue/Gary Stu characters; the ones that can do no wrong. They are boring because they are always right and never fail. It's just one triumph after the other without breaking a sweat.

The same problem presents itself in the NTR genre except, instead of never failing, we are presented with a character that never succeeds. Not even a small success in the form of a pyrrhic victory. Just defeat after defeat as if he had some kind of reverse plot armor. As a consequence, their failure becomes predictable and their conflict uninteresting in the same way that the Mary Sue/Gary Stu's success becomes predictable and uninteresting.

And in the same way that being too much of a success can make you start wanting to see a character fail, being too much of a failure can make you start wanting to see them succeed, as you said, just once.

As I said, it's hard to find in this genre, but always a pleasant surprise when and if I do.

Gnoomoos

Aug 31, 2017
In my opinion the point of NTR IS suffering and loss, for happy fun times there are Netori or Netorase, where a real loss isnt possible by definition. If NTR is avoidable or have Happy Ending is it really an NTR? For me it is not.

If leaks here are true, I personally find turns of events in latest update a bit surprising, our poor protag was chugging other dude's cum in other routes and now he is doing some Yakuza shit & harems.
Maybe its because of trying to please everyone, getting them what they want just means characters just "change" not to suit the story but desires of somebody that want them to be someone that they are not, e.g "grow some balls and fight back". If main character is oblivious goofball he should stay that way and not to suddenly become some Alpha Chad stealing all the ladies. (Yeah i know about protagonist's character development and stuff but its better to leave it to more serious products with different priorities and goals, as its much harder to implement it in this kind of games without making it less "fappable")

In the end everything that will happen in the story is put there by the author (HC), i just think that HC should write what he wants and if people like that - they donate, not the other way when they try to convince him to write this or that, they are free to suggest of course. Nevertheless its just a hentai visual novel, we shouldn't over-analyze it or treat everything too seriously, lets just enjoy it as it is.

Anyway what i like the most about this game (and others done by HC) - lots of hidden sex scenes around oblivious protag and heroines becoming mean evil bitches when "corrupted". So i hope there would be more stuff like that in future updates.

Edited. Some typos and added\changed some sentences.

Last edited:

rdtree

Feb 25, 2018
Just curious, what makes a man a cuckold? It is my understanding, a man is a cuckold if his wife is having sex with another man with her husband knowing about it and doing nothing to stop it. But if the wife is having sex and the husband doesn't know it yet or if he knows it and kicks her ass out and files for divorce, he is not a cuckold. The label cuckold (often combined with wimp or sissy) represent demeaning words to most men and therefore shouldn't be placed on a man simply because he married a cheating whore. He is not a wimp or sissy, unless he allows it. Any thoughts?

Reactions: Xakorik

Revo

Jun 18, 2017
Maybe its because of trying to please everyone, getting them what they want just means characters just "change" not to suit the story but desires of somebody that want them to be someone that they are not,
Here is the thing for me, I am not into ntr (but I don't want to say I dislike something without a reason, so yeas i have read ntr art is great, but i dont like the idea of cheating or cuckolding). I do have to admit, that the story was good until the ending multiverse was created, the aspect of each ending changing certain character behavior didn't fly with me but i did like the idea of adding more story to it (it could have been seen/used on harry or/and laura pov as routes instead of endings but that is just me), especially if the rumors are true.

Also, regarding the changes and I say this with speculation, do you think perhaps the changes were made due steam policy? As if they have change it to avoid problems with infidelity? Just curious on your opinion

ZUBiDAM

Apr 6, 2022
Here is the thing for me, I am not into ntr (but I don't want to say I dislike something without a reason, so yeas i have read ntr art is great, but i dont like the idea of cheating or cuckolding). I do have to admit, that the story was good until the ending multiverse was created, the aspect of each ending changing certain character behavior didn't fly with me but i did like the idea of adding more story to it (it could have been seen/used on harry or/and laura pov as routes instead of endings but that is just me), especially if the rumors are true.

Also, regarding the changes and I say this with speculation, do you think perhaps the changes were made due steam policy? As if they have change it to avoid problems with infidelity? Just curious on your opinion
what changes?

Jun 1, 2017
In my opinion the point of NTR IS suffering and loss, for happy fun times there are Netori or Netorase, where a real loss isnt possible by definition. If NTR is avoidable or have Happy Ending is it really an NTR? For me it is not.

If leaks here are true, I personally find turns of events in latest update a bit surprising, our poor protag was chugging other dude's cum in other routes and now he is doing some Yakuza shit & harems.
Maybe its because of trying to please everyone, getting them what they want just means characters just "change" not to suit the story but desires of somebody that want them to be someone that they are not, e.g "grow some balls and fight back". If main character is oblivious goofball he should stay that way and not to suddenly become some Alpha Chad stealing all the ladies. (Yeah i know about protagonist's character development and stuff but its better to leave it to more serious products with different priorities and goals, as its much harder to implement it in this kind of games without making it less "fappable")

In the end everything that will happen in the story is put there by the author (HC), i just think that HC should write what he wants and if people like that - they donate, not the other way when they try to convince him to write this or that, they are free to suggest of course. Nevertheless its just a hentai visual novel, we shouldn't over-analyze it or treat everything too seriously, lets just enjoy it as it is.

Anyway what i like the most about this game (and others done by HC) - lots of hidden sex scenes around oblivious protag and heroines becoming mean evil bitches when "corrupted". So i hope there would be more stuff like that in future updates.

Edited. Some typos and added\changed some sentences.
Having a happy ending doesn't negate that NTR that happened. The MC still felt suffering, loss, and other negative emotions. Most stories end there.

So I'm pretty glad to see the route continue to a more cathartic conclusion.

If you really hate it, then just pretend that ending never happened.

mzer0

Nov 21, 2018
Having a happy ending doesn't negate that NTR that happened. The MC still felt suffering, loss, and other negative emotions. Most stories end there.

So I'm pretty glad to see the route continue to a more cathartic conclusion.

If you really hate it, then just pretend that ending never happened.
Or just come up with your own.
That's what I usually do.

I do wonder why HC added all these revenge endings, though. Did the patrons in the discord ask for it or something?

Reactions: bleachedturtle
4.10 star(s) 102 Votes