VN Ren'Py Completed A Promise Best Left Unkept [Bonus Scenes S2 7-8] [Hangover Cat Purrroduction]

4.10 star(s) 100 Votes

Iexist

Jul 20, 2018
I'm curious who you like more in this story - Luca or Harry? I need it for research purposes.
Neither really? I mean... Luca is objectively a monster, while Harry is objectively a moron. Sure, Harry is a nice guy and doesn't deserve what ends up happening to him... but you can say that about a lot of people (except most politicians) and that doesn't necessarily mean that they're particularly likeable.

Plus, Harry smokes. That automatically puts him in the uber-lame category for me.

Reactions: Frosty92

ZUBiDAM

Apr 6, 2022
I'm curious who you like more in this story - Luca or Harry? I need it for research purposes.
i like both but luca a bit more.
first of all, luca got a sense of humor.
luca isn't a shallow character as he seems, who just wants to fuck some hot girls, he does have his goal to destroy Harry's worldview as a way of strengthening his own worldview.

Frosty92

May 12, 2017
Thanks for replies!

Bonus question, for those who dislike Luca:
If you could play as Luca and only in Luca's perspective keep cheating a secret, would you still play as Harry?? :whistle:
From what I understand NTR is about having a victim, a hostage, right? Would you hold to hostage perspective?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Necronomicon82

Apr 1, 2020
Its something that I don't understand from some of the people on this board rooting for Luca. First of all, Laura and Harry were both very happy together before Luca blackmailed and raped Laura. I get that she had tons of issues deep down but we as the spectators got to see everything Luca did to manipulate her. He planted doubts in her mind while convincing her that he knew the answer. Thats pretty much how brainwashing work. Convincing the person that she was horribly unhappy and that things needed to change.

Sure she had issues with her mom and she wished Harry was a bit different on certain points. But isnt that very very normal for just about every couple. Nothing is perfect and having issues with her mom or disagreeing with Harry on some things, shouldn't be enough to root for the bad guy. People fight and argue all the time. Its even healthy lol

Luca is a chaotic sadistic sociopath. I can't see myself voting for someone who just want to make everyone miserable in this story. And for the people who believes that he is a better match for Laura well.. I'm pretty certain that at some point after she betrayed Harry and went exclusive with Luca, that he would eventually get bored with her. Like he did with Maya and probably plenty of other girls. Laura will end up a prostitute like her mom. She will be nothing but a ruined nympho with no one. Completely empty and with no one to love her.

Iexist

Jul 20, 2018
Its something that I don't understand from some of the people on this board rooting for Luca. First of all, Laura and Harry were both very happy together before Luca blackmailed and raped Laura. I get that she had tons of issues deep down but we as the spectators got to see everything Luca did to manipulate her. He planted doubts in her mind while convincing her that he knew the answer. Thats pretty much how brainwashing work. Convincing the person that she was horribly unhappy and that things needed to change.

Sure she had issues with her mom and she wished Harry was a bit different on certain points. But isnt that very very normal for just about every couple. Nothing is perfect and having issues with her mom or disagreeing with Harry on some things, shouldn't be enough to root for the bad guy. People fight and argue all the time. Its even healthy lol

Luca is a chaotic sadistic sociopath. I can't see myself voting for someone who just want to make everyone miserable in this story. And for the people who believes that he is a better match for Laura well.. I'm pretty certain that at some point after she betrayed Harry and went exclusive with Luca, that he would eventually get bored with her. Like he did with Maya and probably plenty of other girls. Laura will end up a prostitute like her mom. She will be nothing but a ruined nympho with no one. Completely empty and with no one to love her.
I don't think anyone here disagrees that Luca deserves to go die in a fire. Especially if he was somehow a real person. However, he's not a real person. He's a bunch of words and .pngs. He's not real, so people feel fine rooting for him much like it's fine to root for the villain in any other form of media. Yes, objectively speaking, he's an absolute monster... but so are a lot of other villains and that doesn't stop people from liking them.

In stories.

Reality would be an entirely different matter.

As for Harry's and Laura's relationship. That's a complicated subject. I personally think that Luca wouldn't have been able to get into Laura's head at all if the problems the two have weren't on the genuinely serious side. No relationship is perfect, that much is true, but I think that Harry and Laura's is worse than most because it's founded on a lie. It's founded on Harry's delusions about who Laura really is and Laura's lie of not being anything like her "slut of a mother" when she's actually just as big of a nympho as her mother, if not worse.

Note that the full NTR endings, all but one of them, always happen when Harry fails to genuinely understand Laura and persists in thinking that "she couldn't be slutty and that she's different from 'those other women' that Luca normally plays with".

I personally think that their relationship would eventually fall apart even if Luca didn't show up in the scene (or maybe especially if he didn't show up...). Laura would eventually fail in suppressing her nymphomaniac tendencies and would either break up with Harry or cheat on him anyway because she'd be too proud to admit to him that she wants him to use her like a cheap cock-sleeve and make her cum her brains out like she saw her mother do that one time. It's the pressures of the incidents with Luca that forces Harry to confront his own willful ignorance and really look at Laura, and forces Laura to genuinely ask Harry to actually look at her and not the delusion he has in his head of her.

I find it highly unlikely that Harry would be able to become the kind of lover that Laura craves without some kind of outside pressure.

Granted, I suppose they could go to couple's therapy together and figure out their issues... but if they were self aware enough for that, they'd have each gone to therapy already because both of them need it before the story even starts.

ZUBiDAM

Apr 6, 2022
Thanks for replies!

Bonus question, for those who dislike Luca:
If you could play as Luca and only in Luca's perspective keep cheating a secret, would you still play as Harry?? :whistle:
From what I understand NTR is about having a victim, a hostage, right? Would you hold to hostage perspective?

i meant i like luca as a character more than harry, he still is a garbage human.

if you mean by your question that if luca perspective was added like in a netori route, would we also want to see Harry's route?
there are games where the mc is just an evil rapist, but usually in netori games the mc has some redeeming qualities about him besides being a rapist, or sometimes mc in netori isn't using an underhand methods.
i think luca could be an interesting character for netori but seeing both luca and harry perspective might be counterproductive for netorare elements in this game, like the mystery from both Harry's and the heroine's perspective, in this case luca being despicable from Harry's perspective is probably the intention as well as feeling betrayal and heartbroken from Harry's perspective.
seeing Luca's side could make the viewer feel more attached and sympathetic to him so it wouldn't really fit.

inye59

May 9, 2020
Not too time-consuming. I played and enjoyed the game. I laughed, felt sympathy, and experienced many emotions. HangoverCat is a genius writer. He has done better work than this game, but that's just my opinion.
"Well, Laura is the villain, not Luca. In the route I was playing, Luca didn't use force on Laura. Instead, he employed dark psychological tricks? Yes. He used Machiavellian methods to achieve his goals? Absolutely. However, it was Laura who didn't trust Harry; she tried to play his game.

She didn't seek help from the police or a private investigator. She accepted, little by little, his rules (and it didn't take long to crush her morals, just a month if I remember correctly). She threw her career away, all for ephemeral pleasure. My question is, who is the true evil? Is it he who is unapologetically who he is, or is it the one who claims to have all the good intentions but betrays you in the worst way possible? A dragon that eats flesh and burn cities OR a snake that it bites you and kill you slowly slowly

don't think anyone here disagrees that Luca deserves to go die in a fire. Especially if he was somehow a real person. However, he's not a real person. He's a bunch of words and .pngs. He's not real, so people feel fine rooting for him much like it's fine to root for the villain in any other form of media. Yes, objectively speaking, he's an absolute monster... but so are a lot of other villains and that doesn't stop people from liking them.
I agree that all of these are fictional characters, and we shouldn't confuse fiction with reality. I disagree with the idea that he should be condemned to burn. Is he evil? Yes. Has he done illegal things and should face a trial? Yes. That's all.

"I understand that people can feel attached to these characters (cheating can happen to anyone), but there are more unethical and dangerous people in power. People are evicted from their homes because they need surgery, or else they will die. People die in wars for the sake of oil resources and the wealth of others. People cheer and worship drug users, egocentrics, traffickers, abusers, and anyone seeking money and fame. The real question is: do we hold onto our morals, standards, and high values of ethics when it comes to others, or only when these situations happen to us.

Iexist

Jul 20, 2018
I agree that all of these are fictional characters, and we shouldn't confuse fiction with reality. I disagree with the idea that he should be condemned to burn. Is he evil? Yes. Has he done illegal things and should face a trial? Yes. That's all.

"I understand that people can feel attached to these characters (cheating can happen to anyone), but there are more unethical and dangerous people in power. People are evicted from their homes because they need surgery, or else they will die. People die in wars for the sake of oil resources and the wealth of others. People cheer and worship drug users, egocentrics, traffickers, abusers, and anyone seeking money and fame. The real question is: do we hold onto our morals, standards, and high values of ethics when it comes to others, or only when these situations happen to us.
Go die in a fire is slang/a figure of speech. It doesn't mean that I literally want Luca to go die in a fire or that he explicitly deserves to die in that one specific way...

As for what he does or doesn't deserve... That's an extremely debatable subject both morally and legally, especially when we don't actually know the full extent of his crimes beyond what he did to Laura. We do know he's not above forcing girls to prostitute themselves until they're all used up, and the dialogue from the mooks in the Fallen Hero route indicates that Maya was literally used to death under his direction. Odds are he has more than one murder under his belt even ignoring the one he was basically forced to do because of his father.

So legally speaking, he'd likely get the death sentence in at least some parts of the world.

At the end of the day, it's a moot point, he's not a real person and while he's pretty fleshed out as a character, he's not fleshed out enough to give him a day in court even if someone didn't have anything better to do with their time than try to put a fictional character through a fictional trial.

Also, since he IS a fictional character I could totally enjoy the endings where he dies horribly as a consequence of his action without needing to feel absolutely any guilt about said fact.

Frosty92

May 12, 2017

Laura disagree with you about "very happy together". :whistle:

I don't think anyone here disagrees that Luca deserves to go die in a fire. Especially if he was somehow a real person. However, he's not a real person. He's a bunch of words and .pngs. He's not real, so people feel fine rooting for him much like it's fine to root for the villain in any other form of media. Yes, objectively speaking, he's an absolute monster... but so are a lot of other villains and that doesn't stop people from liking them.

In stories.

Reality would be an entirely different matter.

As for Harry's and Laura's relationship. That's a complicated subject. I personally think that Luca wouldn't have been able to get into Laura's head at all if the problems the two have weren't on the genuinely serious side. No relationship is perfect, that much is true, but I think that Harry and Laura's is worse than most because it's founded on a lie. It's founded on Harry's delusions about who Laura really is and Laura's lie of not being anything like her "slut of a mother" when she's actually just as big of a nympho as her mother, if not worse.

Note that the full NTR endings, all but one of them, always happen when Harry fails to genuinely understand Laura and persists in thinking that "she couldn't be slutty and that she's different from 'those other women' that Luca normally plays with".

I personally think that their relationship would eventually fall apart even if Luca didn't show up in the scene (or maybe especially if he didn't show up...). Laura would eventually fail in suppressing her nymphomaniac tendencies and would either break up with Harry or cheat on him anyway because she'd be too proud to admit to him that she wants him to use her like a cheap cock-sleeve and make her cum her brains out like she saw her mother do that one time. It's the pressures of the incidents with Luca that forces Harry to confront his own willful ignorance and really look at Laura, and forces Laura to genuinely ask Harry to actually look at her and not the delusion he has in his head of her.

I find it highly unlikely that Harry would be able to become the kind of lover that Laura craves without some kind of outside pressure.

Granted, I suppose they could go to couple's therapy together and figure out their issues... but if they were self aware enough for that, they'd have each gone to therapy already because both of them need it before the story even starts.
I completely agree with "Iexist".

Laura didn't hide that she want more sex and more in general. But Harry was afraid to be tired in the morning.. Guess love wasn't that important to him. :whistle:

i meant i like luca as a character more than harry, he still is a garbage human.

if you mean by your question that if luca perspective was added like in a netori route, would we also want to see Harry's route?
there are games where the mc is just an evil rapist, but usually in netori games the mc has some redeeming qualities about him besides being a rapist, or sometimes mc in netori isn't using an underhand methods.
i think luca could be an interesting character for netori but seeing both luca and harry perspective might be counterproductive for netorare elements in this game, like the mystery from both Harry's and the heroine's perspective, in this case luca being despicable from Harry's perspective is probably the intention as well as feeling betrayal and heartbroken from Harry's perspective.
seeing Luca's side could make the viewer feel more attached and sympathetic to him so it wouldn't really fit.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts about this. Well, a different perspective wouldn't ruin a character that is showing positive attitude. For example, Harry could be behind a transparent wall lighting candles and preparing a romantic table for his love, blushing and waiting with excitement for evening. On the other hand, Luca doesn't have to show good side. The man just can't control his lust. He could have, for example, a choice between taking it slow and play it safe (allowing Harry a room to catch up) or be more opportunistic and risk to fail..

---

And gameplay is all I want to discuss. Sorry, guys, I like evil characters and dramas. I'm sure we all have guilty pleasures. The story would be boring without Luca! Guess you prefer hostage roles.. which is also good. :)

Chinel

May 26, 2019
Hanry and Yara, I hate bullying more than anything, and Luca is the most hateful one, I could kill someone like Luca if he were part of my life, Laura, a stupid arrogant slut, deserves the end she gets in some endings.
Killing Luca is meh.

Chaining him down, and using a legal binding to make a slave is far more palatable. To take him, who sees himself as the big 'Alpha' and teach him about how everyone can be made weak, submissive and obedient is far...exciting.

Hence why he deserves a as a Master. It would be even better if Laura is all up to him.
She gets to watch and be slowly taught brutally that strength is transitory and true pleasure is to break and dominate those claiming strength. Harry can be also enslaved, if not to make Aya feel powerless as she tries to save him.

Also yep. Yank the chain every moment with those two stupid bastards. That would be pleasurable.

Last edited:

xmagic

Jul 27, 2018
bro, there are so few scenes of Luca x Aya, so sad, i wish we had more of her corruption/blackmail arc.

4.10 star(s) 100 Votes