VN Ren'Py Completed A Promise Best Left Unkept [Bonus Scenes S2 7-8] [Hangover Cat Purrroduction]

4.10 star(s) 100 Votes
Jul 23, 2018
Out of curiosity, is the main chicks husband a likeable character or is he an idiot like most boyfriends/husbands in ntr heavy games?

abirvg

Sep 13, 2021
a likeable character
is he an idiot
like most boyfriends/husbands in ntr heavy games?
Now that is just a combo of vague questions, that heavily rely on your preferences. :censored:

But yeah, I would say he is maybe a little better then the average garbage MC from NTR - but not by much.
He's not really annoying in the dialogues - they can be pretty fun and thoughtful. And some girls in this threat said 'at least he's hot', so there's that. I'm not a good judge on that aspect.

But you REALLY need to keep your suspension of disbelieve in check if you want to go through this game without cringing.

Depending on what you choose: he either turns a blind eye on everything, trusting everyone unconditionally, OR - if you're suspicious - he fails to fix the problem by himself, stumbling around awkwardly.
Which is kinda understandable - else plot can't go on with the NTR stuff. But it's also can be pretty cringe.

Also he is the main contrast for the antagonist - a confidant guy with psychological games, which always work and never fail.
...At least not until the end. Plot reasons.
So keep that in mind.
He is the CONTRAST to these traits. He's there to make antagonist feel more menacing.

P.s. Also, apparently, there's a whole fanfic going on in this thread on how antagonist is obsessed with the mMC. So take it for what you will. :whistle:
Maybe it'll add some flavor to your playthrough.

Jul 23, 2018
Now that is just a combo of vague questions, that heavily rely on your preferences. :censored:

But yeah, I would say he is maybe a little better then the average garbage MC from NTR - but not by much.
He's not really annoying in the dialogues - they can be pretty fun and thoughtful. And some girls in this threat said 'at least he's hot', so there's that. I'm not a good judge on that aspect.

But you REALLY need to keep your suspension of disbelieve in check if you want to go through this game without cringing.

Depending on what you choose: he either turns a blind eye on everything, trusting everyone unconditionally, OR - if you're suspicious - he fails to fix the problem by himself, stumbling around awkwardly.
Which is kinda understandable - else plot can't go on with the NTR stuff. But it's also can be pretty cringe.

Also he is the main contrast for the antagonist - a confidant guy with psychological games, which always work and never fail.
So keep that in mind.
He is the CONTRAST to these traits. He's there to make antagonist feel more menacing.

P.s. Also, apparently, there's a whole fanfic going on in this thread on how antagonist is obsessed with the mMC. So take it for what you will. :whistle:
I appreciate it dude. You answered my question very well. Ill give it a shot. :p

Reactions: abirvg

tata19

Jul 22, 2019
Out of curiosity, is the main chicks husband a likeable character or is he an idiot like most boyfriends/husbands in ntr heavy games?
If the MC is not as pathetic as most of the NTR games. He's not one of those MCs who can't fuck and depending on the options you choose, he can do it quite well. It has many variants, you can take it from humiliation to being the hero.

Aug 15, 2020

So keep that in mind.

Ill die on the hill that Luca is a weirdo that has repressed feeling for the MC bc his actions make no sense.

mtl poet

Mar 5, 2021
I have been on the fence about to play or not play this game a long time now...but I finally caved in and to my surprise it was a very, very, good experience. It deserves all the praises.

My only gripe would be that almost everyone (with the exception of our lovely mc) acts out-of-character too often. One minute they are hopeless dumbos and the next big-brain schemers and viceversa. Could't help but rise an eyebrow everytime it happened, Aya's being the exception ofc.

Last edited:

AX50

Dec 27, 2023
I have been on the fence about to play or not play this game a long time now...but I finally caved in and to my surprise it was a very, very, good experience. It deserves all the praises.

My only gripe would be that almost everyone (with the exception of our lovely mc) acts out-of-character too often. One minute they are hopeless dumbos and the next big-brain schemers and viceversa. Could't help but rise an eyebrow everytime it happened, Aya's being the exception ofc.
I agree. It is one of the things that comes with the genre I fear. I think Aya is not a victim of this because she isn't actually a victim of Luca in 99% of this version's routes.

Feb 1, 2024
Ok so I gotta ask as I am not a big fan of most NTR since in almost all cases the bitches are straight up dumb and weak willed (even when they say strong willed they cave in easily). I see contradictory info from the reviews are any of these girls actually smart or is it only smart by NTR logic?

Iexist

Jul 20, 2018
Ok so I gotta ask as I am not a big fan of most NTR since in almost all cases the bitches are straight up dumb and weak willed (even when they say strong willed they cave in easily). I see contradictory info from the reviews are any of these girls actually smart or is it only smart by NTR logic?
Smart by NTR logic. Setting up NTR to happen when the characters involved are genuinely intelligent and/or strong is extremely difficult if not impossible without stuff like magic or super-science or some such. NTR is just that kind of genre...

What APBLU does is that it actually works on showing the reader why the girls are the way they are and why they do the things they do. You can argue that the girls are intelligent, but not wise. Laura's fall is more related to her emotional vulnerabilities and her nymphomaniac tendencies than straight up stupidity. Then there's the fact that her falls is mostly dictated by Harry's ability to get over his own issues to plug some of those vulnerabilities that Luca exploits.

Unlike most NTR stories, APBLU only has one genuinely major plot-hole... compared to the war-torn, crater-filled disasters that you usually see.

Reactions: sergyo_ml and Fyo
Feb 1, 2024
Smart by NTR logic. Setting up NTR to happen when the characters involved are genuinely intelligent and/or strong is extremely difficult if not impossible without stuff like magic or super-science or some such. NTR is just that kind of genre...

What APBLU does is that it actually works on showing the reader why the girls are the way they are and why they do the things they do. You can argue that the girls are intelligent, but not wise. Laura's fall is more related to her emotional vulnerabilities and her nymphomaniac tendencies than straight up stupidity. Then there's the fact that her falls is mostly dictated by Harry's ability to get over his own issues to plug some of those vulnerabilities that Luca exploits.

Unlike most NTR stories, APBLU only has one genuinely major plot-hole... compared to the war-torn, crater-filled disasters that you usually see.
Ah I see well that's a bit disappointing, but thanks for the info. I was already wary after the mention of "rules" (again seems far-fetched) so I'll probably just skip over the text and look at the sex scenes/CG.

4.10 star(s) 100 Votes