VN Ren'Py Completed A Promise Best Left Unkept [Bonus Scenes S2 7-8] [Hangover Cat Purrroduction]

4.10 star(s) 102 Votes

Ash_1

May 18, 2021
Great game.. but i think this would have been better game in general if it was only focused on telling the story from the view of girlfriend..
harry's perspective is boring and predictable. Girlfriend's story on the other hand is much more enjoyable and she is much better character in general. Its very similar to something like 50 shades of grey but much better written.

As an NTR game this is nothing special.. but as a corruption/cheating game this is one of the best.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Great game.. but i think this would have been better game in general if it was only focused on telling the story from the view of girlfriend..
harry's perspective is boring and predictable. Girlfriend's story on the other hand is much more enjoyable and she is much better character in general. Its very similar to something like 50 shades of grey but much better written.

As an NTR game this is nothing special.. but as a corruption/cheating game this is one of the best.
Well, Harry's side of the story exists because some people (not me :mad:) like mystery NTR and like to play through as a clueless male protagonist before seeing the girl's side of the story. So instead of bifurcating them like in The Edge Of the Dev decided to integrate them. I think I like it more this way but I'm not sure yet. All that I do know is there is no way in hell I would have finished this game if I selected the "Harry Only" option at the beginning.

Jan 28, 2022
MC-only perspective is essential in NTR games. Yes, we as a player KNOW that FMC is being corrupted, because it's literally the point of the game.

Unless you never played NTR game before in your life and you experience the shock and come here to cry about your perfect waifu getting stolen and leave 1/5 star rating because of that lol, you know what will happen.

So what's the point? Well - you don't know WHEN and what EXACTLY will happen, and since HCat have announced game's gonna have happy ending - you can still have hope for the MC. That feeling of uncertainty and suspition while not having direct proof is why people like that perspective, it's much better way to experience the game for the first time. Then, when it's done - I'll go for "show all" mode to experience the sex and corruption scenes.

Obviously the effect is diminshed when you play the game while it's still updating (you can't experience the whole thing from start to finish), but it's still nice to go into each update not knowing what will happen to Laura this time around, and checking Harry-only mode for clues and signs before actually seeing everything.

Ash_1

May 18, 2021
MC-only perspective is essential in NTR games. Yes, we as a player KNOW that FMC is being corrupted, because it's literally the point of the game.

Unless you never played NTR game before in your life and you experience the shock and come here to cry about your perfect waifu getting stolen and leave 1/5 star rating because of that lol, you know what will happen.

So what's the point? Well - you don't know WHEN and what EXACTLY will happen, and since HCat have announced game's gonna have happy ending - you can still have hope for the MC. That feeling of uncertainty and suspition while not having direct proof is why people like that perspective, it's much better way to experience the game for the first time. Then, when it's done - I'll go for "show all" mode to experience the sex and corruption scenes.

Obviously the effect is diminshed when you play the game while it's still updating (you can't experience the whole thing from start to finish), but it's still nice to go into each update not knowing what will happen to Laura this time around, and checking Harry-only mode for clues and signs before actually seeing everything.
hmm.. you might be right.. after all this one of the few NTR games that i have played. I liked this game because there only few games focused on satisfaction of gitl rather than man. I liked watching laura discover herself.

Do you recommend any games like this??

Jan 28, 2022
hmm.. you might be right.. after all this one of the few NTR games that i have played. I liked this game because there only few games focused on satisfaction of gitl rather than man. I liked watching laura discover herself.

If girl's satisfaction and corruption is your goal try Good Girl Gone Bad (which is literally what you are looking for) and Our Red String (which has two protagonists that you play at the same time but again, female's route is exactly that). ORS has much better art over GGGB (because it was author's first game ever), but GGGB is an actual finished game.

Reactions: lushlife

Animefan_09

Sep 13, 2017
Am i the only one that is super excited about HC comment in the preview? About it being an important pivot/moment/point in the story? What do you think will it be? Laura finally falling? Harry finally admiting to himself something weird is going on? Aya spilling the beans? etc?

mzer0

Nov 21, 2018
Am i the only one that is super excited about HC comment in the preview? About it being an important pivot/moment/point in the story? What do you think will it be? Laura finally falling? Harry finally admiting to himself something weird is going on? Aya spilling the beans? etc?
Why not all of the above?;) There are going to be multiple endings, after all; maybe the next update will involve one or more choices that will lock you into one of them.

I am most looking forward to Harry figuring things out and seeing how he deals with it. A nice big dramatic confrontation scene would be nice. I'm also looking forward to seeing Laura fall completely. Seeing her corruption after all this buildup will be satisfying. At least I hope it will be.

Also, I just finished one of the endings of 'The Edge Of' :
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Holy shit, that was dark. I'm actually kinda worried for Harry now. Hopefully, he's not as gullible as the MC from that game.

Animefan_09

Sep 13, 2017
Why not all of the above?;) There are going to be multiple endings, after all; maybe the next update will involve one or more choices that will lock you into one of them.

I am most looking forward to Harry figuring things out and seeing how he deals with it. A nice big dramatic confrontation scene would be nice. I'm also looking forward to seeing Laura fall completely. Seeing her corruption after all this buildup will be satisfying. At least I hope it will be.

Also, I just finished one of the endings of 'The Edge Of' :
Holy shit, that was dark. I'm actually kinda worried for Harry now. Hopefully, he's not as gullible as the MC from that game.
Since i am a fan of dark, hardcore and outright evil ntr situations i am very excited because of that, plus gaslight is an interesting concept to use in ntr (also truth in television kind of thign since gaslighting is real)

Jan 28, 2022
I definitely hope for at least one ending where Harry is fully oblivious to everything and Laura never stops cheating on him with Luca. Time skip to a happy family only to reveal that kid/kids are Luca's and Harry is working hard for them like a perfect cuck while Laura is working hard to get another one would be 10/10.

I like when a woman, instead of falling completely starts living double life, getting best of two worlds. In Laura's case that would be a dominant male that makes her fully submit in bed and supportive, caring one to build happy family together. Bonus points if she's shown as happy and loving while with Harry and calling him names and humiliating him while in bed with Luca, begging for his sperm.

That dual behaviour is already showing a little bit and it's great, it fits the character perfectly.

Last edited:

OmegaDio

Oct 26, 2020
I definitely hope for at least one ending where Harry is fully oblivious to everything and Laura never stops cheating on him with Luca. Time skip to a happy family only to reveal that kid/kids are Luca's and Harry is working hard for them like a perfect cuck while Laura is working hard to get another one would be 10/10.

I like when a woman, instead of falling completely starts living double life, getting best of two worlds. In Laura's case that would be a dominant male that makes her fully submit in bed and supportive, caring one to build happy family together. Bonus points if she's shown as happy and loving while with Harry and calling him names and humiliating him while in bed with Luca, begging for his sperm.

That dual behaviour is already showing a little bit and it's great, it fits the character completely.
it is very likely that one of the endings is that, after all that type of ending is one of the most basic in ntr

Jan 28, 2022
it is very likely that one of the endings is that, after all that type of ending is one of the most basic in ntr
True, true, it's like a bread and butter ending if you have a route where main character does not find out. Completely dedicated to female's corruption and instead of male's suffering we have a total humiliation. How nice would it be if Luca wanted to do a grand reveal, confused why Harry have not discovered anything yet, only to be stopped by corrupted Laura promising to keep fucking him if he remains silent.

Then again, who knows what HCat has in store for us I am ready to be surprised.

Reactions: Animefan_09

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017

An interesting one is "Watching My Wife" which doesn't have much watching as yet. There are three game modes (NTR, Sharing, Cuckolding) that impact the story but you make decisions as the husband and the wife scenes react to these decisions accordingly. There is also "A Couple's Duet Of Love and Lust" where both the protagonists make decisions that define their complicated relationship. One that was recently ported to Renpy is "A Happy Marriage" and I think that it has benefited from the port.

Reactions: kcj300

Animefan_09

Sep 13, 2017
So i just thought of something that may happen in the next update: Laura lets Luca ruin Harry's project or at least sabotage it somehow without real protest, or maybe even feeling a little evil satisfaction in giving Harry trouble (like working overtime to fix it in time).

Anyway HC really knew how to hype it this time right?

Voilsh

Apr 30, 2017

I'd add that MC-only perspective make some scenes like phone ntr way better, because even if mc is clueless, as a reader it makes you wonder what's going on.
You can play with sound effect like bed creaking, etc, while keeping mc oblivious, or with the girl having flushed cheeks for some reason, white stains on her... it's all part of the erotic power of not seeing everything. The secret though is to show hints of corruption or something going on to the reader (girl suddenly wearing perfume, sexier clothing, used condoms somewhere, etc), while keeping mc oblivious to them.

Same, it even allows some scenes like the girl going to "business" trips or "seeing friends"..
Even more so as oblivious endings are actually quite rare, from what I've seen at least it almost always ends with the "big reveal", and it's less fun than full oblivious imo.

Jan 28, 2022
There is something no one is talking about...

At first I thought
Maybe they couldn't go on a date but still decided to spend time together, but in that case why business outfit? We'll see.

Reactions: neutrino_tau

reptar01

Dec 10, 2019
so basically laura's going to be begging him for more and he's going to stop and start fucking aya. I gotta start reading the tags and not just downloading based on art lmao. As long as theres an option to kill Luca at the end I'll keep going, otherwise its pure cuckoldry and thats not my thing. the writing is pretty good though except Harry not recognizing his girlfriend's voice when its convenient and Laura supposedly being so smart and capable but all shes thinking about is rules instead of exposing Luca's threat in the first place. This would've been over in 10 minutes if she bothered with the bare minimum effort in exposing him.

WhiteFireDaemon

Mar 14, 2017
Considering how the last couple of updates were released, I predict that no one is going to release this update until about two weeks from now, so might get it by the start of next month? (*groan*) To make matters worse, there's gonna be a break after this update too, so it'll probably be another two months until the next update.

Speaking of which, did HC ever make a decision about how to handle working on the endings? There was some debate I think about whether he should focus on them individually while going through them sequentially or if people would rather he did them all simultaneously which would result in just a tiny bit of progress but for each path. So does anyone know what the final decision was?

4.10 star(s) 102 Votes