VN Ren'Py Completed A Promise Best Left Unkept [Bonus Scenes S2 7-8] [Hangover Cat Purrroduction]

4.10 star(s) 99 Votes

RonaldGrand6969

Aug 30, 2019
Okay so I left off with the end of 0.3.5 (i.e losing all the rules) so far I'm suspicious of Laura but am always "coming to her aid" during an event. What is the ending in 0.4.0, what choices to get to it?

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
Okay so I left off with the end of 0.3.5 (i.e losing all the rules) so far I'm suspicious of Laura but am always "coming to her aid" during an event. What is the ending in 0.4.0, what choices to get to it?
If you go into Extras, it has the endings (there is only one currently in the game). Click that and it tells you what choices to make to get it. When more become available, you can just check there to see what choices to make to get your preferred ending.

hetunusa

Apr 19, 2022
Sorry I just saw this game post recently, and wanted to ask
1. What's the difference between the Patreon version which was uploaded on the 27th yesterday and this free version ?
2. How many target days does the developer need to upgrade the game to the next version level, 1 month or ?

Sorry for my bad English.

WhiteFireDaemon

Mar 14, 2017
1. What's the difference between the Patreon version which was uploaded on the 27th yesterday and this free version ?
2. How many target days does the developer need to upgrade the game to the next version level, 1 month or ?

1) The Patreon version is what's been leaked here. HC will release it to the $15 tier first, the $10 after three days, the $5 tier seven days after that (ten in total from the first release to the top tier), and then a couple of days later someone will leak it to this site. HC asked a few updates ago that people wait at least until the $5 tier is posted before sharing it here to encourage people to support his work.
2) HC has a very good track record of releasing an update about once a month. I don't think it's exact, but the updates have been very regular for this game so far.

WareWaShida

Jan 25, 2021
In the future, I kinda want to see Laura with heart eyes in her cg, especially while seemingly doing normal things, such as giving a presentation, talking with Harry while standing suspiciously close to Luca, or poking her head out from behind a door or shower curtain while her body can’t be seen but Harry can hear weird clapping noises and see shadows moving strangely. You know, totally innocent activities Harry should never worry about…
I think we saw her normal sprite with heart eyes briefly this update, but that might just be me misremembering.

gilgamesh9

Sep 10, 2019

To also point out because most only glorify devs these days (not saying this person is) but you can sub to the dev but also been warned that they like to cuck you with scenes as well. Like making the one of the most important things to happen intentionally not visible or making a male pov and female pov but not finishing both.

aris666

Jan 6, 2020
To also point out because most only glorify devs these days (not saying this person is) but you can sub to the dev but also been warned that they like to cuck you with scenes as well. Like making the one of the most important things to happen intentionally not visible or making a male pov and female pov but not finishing both.
Author will be adding that scene (based on last patreon update)

aris666

Jan 6, 2020
Don't suppose someone would be willing to share that post here? If that's a no-go, I'd be happy with a DM instead. Really curious on what the deal is with that whole thing.
I don’t know if I will be able to add the scene in next month’s update—it kinda messes with my plans a bit with my artists and all—but I’ll add it as soon as I can.

Reactions: Animefan_09

manWHAT

Mar 8, 2021
Reading all these comments made me realize, GODDAMN! That raw scene was so unexpected and came out of nowhere, I can see why everyone was mad. Does anyone know if HC plans on changing that in future?

sfoMMA85

May 23, 2019

Pacing and concerns regarding the last sex scene

Since we’re two months away from the first (out of two) ending in the Normal branch, and since some people have voiced disappointment with the way the last sex scene ended in V0.4.0, I thought it would be a good opportunity to talk briefly about pacing and about the reason why some might feel that aspects of the story might be a bit rushed.

This post is separated into two parts. The first part is mostly generic while the other part specifically talks about the issue concerning the last sex scene in V0.4.0. The reason I’m separating the two is that the second part contains spoilers for people who haven’t played the update yet or only play Harry’s perspective.

Pacing

I won’t lie, I feel like I bit more than I can chew. At first, I was under the impression that Laura’s route (with the common route) would be no more than 200k/220k words. But now with all of the endings, I’m pretty sure Laura’s route alone will be more than 300k words. That’s by far the biggest story I have ever written. And we’re not even talking about Aya’s route yet.

So yeah, somewhere along the line I started feeling the pressure a bit. Since I said I’m going to do something, I’m going to do it. I can’t abandon Aya’s route because I think she deserves her story, and all the endings were already kinda planned in my head—I want to do them. It would be natural to think that working on one big project is not that big of a deal, but I think at a certain point, if it’s too big, it starts becoming risky.

First, because I don’t want to lose my focus. I don’t think that I will, but working on something for a year-and-a-half/two years can be mentally straining. Sometimes I wonder if I still have a grasp over my characters. Also, there’s the rule system, but I won’t go there since it’s kinda spoiler-ish.

Second, because I don’t know if fans will start losing interest mid-way. I’m a bit scared that after the first ending, some might decide that they’ve seen everything the game has to offer and I inevitably lose their support. I’m very fortunate right now. I’ve never had so many people supporting me. And so I mostly write in a way now that doesn’t really take into consideration my budget anymore. But since I’ve never been in such a position, I don’t know if the success is only temporary, and for how long people are ready to give me their support. The last thing I want is to put the project in jeopardy because I am too ambitious.
All of this is kind of a preface to say that the pacing might have been affected in one way or another without my wanting to. I personally believe that it isn’t the case, but I know some of you would like the story to keep going from the point we’re at and for a long time still, but the truth of the matter is we’re 35k~ words from the first ending. If there weren’t so many endings, or if Aya’s route didn’t exist, then the part where Laura is corrupted could have lasted longer. But since I’m also a fan of the genre, I write what interests me, and so my focus will be pointed toward one particular direction.

Still, I will reiterate what I said on other occasions, but if, for some reasons, none of the endings are satisfying to you guys (I hope that they are), I don’t mind adding another branch/alternative after the fact. But I really need to concentrate on finishing every branch/route first.

I know those aren’t excuses. They aren’t meant to be. I just want to explain where my head’s at and why some sacrifices might have to be made. If the game ends up being bad, I’ll just own it. Those are just some concerns that I wanted to share before we really start delving in the endings, as I know some will be disappointed.

Issue with the last sex scene (V0.4.0 spoiler)
Which brings us to the issue some of you had with the last sex scene. To be more precise, the raw sex being mostly skipped. For those of you who might not know what I’m talking about, I received a lot of comments pointing out the fact that people were really looking forward to the first raw sex between Laura and Luca, and they were inevitably let down when they saw the scene unfold (a fade to black followed by the aftermath of the raw sex).

The personal conclusion that I came to while thinking about it for the past few days is that I was wrong in the way I handled the scene. I had my reasons, obviously, but they weren’t good enough. I didn’t think it through as much as I should have.

It’s been quite a few months since I wrote that scene, but I remember thinking that we needed to have the first raw sex at that moment, but the problem was that Laura was still not corrupted enough for her to give up on the rule of her own volition (make a mistake that she could have kinda avoided). Which made the scene really difficult to tackle. There’s still one week to the rule system, so if Laura loses that rule (condom), she has no longer anything to lose. And if she has nothing to lose, and isn’t corrupted enough, she just won’t play the game anymore.

And so I thought the element of surprise and the contrast between her words (bravado) and what ends up happening (cum dripping out of her pussy) would be a good shocking factor that would enter the sphere of what I personally see as NTR (hopelessness). The ‘real’ raw sex could then appear later on (when she ends up falling).
There was also a fear (and it’s a fear that’s always present whenever I write a sex scene) that I was overstaying my welcome. There were two different sex scenes back to back (long ones at that), and so I feared that it was stretching out too long and the reader might need time to breathe.

It might also have been lazy writing. Sometimes meaningful sex scenes are difficult to portray, and so maybe I gave myself all kinds of excuses to be lazy.
In any case, now the question is: what will I do about it?

The events won’t change. That’s something I’m adamant about. I won’t change my writing because some people don’t like where it’s going. Which means the raw sex is still there. It will be because Luca wanted to pump another load and he simply didn’t have any condom left at his disposal. It also means that Laura will have lost her consciousness when the raw sex happened.

BUT I will (in fact, I already have) write the events (sex) leading to the raw sex, as well as the raw sex itself. I don’t know how satisfying it will be—Laura will still be unconscious after all, and my head is filled with Aya right now—but since it’s adding something that exists in the universe anyway, I don’t mind doing it. If people were trying to pressure me to change the story, I would probably not have done it. But since it’s a small change like adding a scene, and I find myself believing I didn’t do a good enough job, then I don’t really mind. It’s ultimately for the best of the project.

Anyway, it’s become quite a long-winded post. Sorry about that. And it might have sounded like rambling too. I don’t know if I will be able to add the scene in next month’s update—it kinda messes with my plans a bit with my artists and all—but I’ll add it as soon as I can. Hopefully it’s not another disappointment.

beoroa21123

Sep 25, 2019

Since we’re two months away from the first (out of two) ending in the Normal branch, and since some people have voiced disappointment with the way the last sex scene ended in V0.4.0, I thought it would be a good opportunity to talk briefly about pacing and about the reason why some might feel that aspects of the story might be a bit rushed.

This post is separated into two parts. The first part is mostly generic while the other part specifically talks about the issue concerning the last sex scene in V0.4.0. The reason I’m separating the two is that the second part contains spoilers for people who haven’t played the update yet or only play Harry’s perspective.

Pacing

I won’t lie, I feel like I bit more than I can chew. At first, I was under the impression that Laura’s route (with the common route) would be no more than 200k/220k words. But now with all of the endings, I’m pretty sure Laura’s route alone will be more than 300k words. That’s by far the biggest story I have ever written. And we’re not even talking about Aya’s route yet.

So yeah, somewhere along the line I started feeling the pressure a bit. Since I said I’m going to do something, I’m going to do it. I can’t abandon Aya’s route because I think she deserves her story, and all the endings were already kinda planned in my head—I want to do them. It would be natural to think that working on one big project is not that big of a deal, but I think at a certain point, if it’s too big, it starts becoming risky.

First, because I don’t want to lose my focus. I don’t think that I will, but working on something for a year-and-a-half/two years can be mentally straining. Sometimes I wonder if I still have a grasp over my characters. Also, there’s the rule system, but I won’t go there since it’s kinda spoiler-ish.

Second, because I don’t know if fans will start losing interest mid-way. I’m a bit scared that after the first ending, some might decide that they’ve seen everything the game has to offer and I inevitably lose their support. I’m very fortunate right now. I’ve never had so many people supporting me. And so I mostly write in a way now that doesn’t really take into consideration my budget anymore. But since I’ve never been in such a position, I don’t know if the success is only temporary, and for how long people are ready to give me their support. The last thing I want is to put the project in jeopardy because I am too ambitious.
All of this is kind of a preface to say that the pacing might have been affected in one way or another without my wanting to. I personally believe that it isn’t the case, but I know some of you would like the story to keep going from the point we’re at and for a long time still, but the truth of the matter is we’re 35k~ words from the first ending. If there weren’t so many endings, or if Aya’s route didn’t exist, then the part where Laura is corrupted could have lasted longer. But since I’m also a fan of the genre, I write what interests me, and so my focus will be pointed toward one particular direction.

Still, I will reiterate what I said on other occasions, but if, for some reasons, none of the endings are satisfying to you guys (I hope that they are), I don’t mind adding another branch/alternative after the fact. But I really need to concentrate on finishing every branch/route first.

I know those aren’t excuses. They aren’t meant to be. I just want to explain where my head’s at and why some sacrifices might have to be made. If the game ends up being bad, I’ll just own it. Those are just some concerns that I wanted to share before we really start delving in the endings, as I know some will be disappointed.

Which brings us to the issue some of you had with the last sex scene. To be more precise, the raw sex being mostly skipped. For those of you who might not know what I’m talking about, I received a lot of comments pointing out the fact that people were really looking forward to the first raw sex between Laura and Luca, and they were inevitably let down when they saw the scene unfold (a fade to black followed by the aftermath of the raw sex).

The personal conclusion that I came to while thinking about it for the past few days is that I was wrong in the way I handled the scene. I had my reasons, obviously, but they weren’t good enough. I didn’t think it through as much as I should have.

It’s been quite a few months since I wrote that scene, but I remember thinking that we needed to have the first raw sex at that moment, but the problem was that Laura was still not corrupted enough for her to give up on the rule of her own volition (make a mistake that she could have kinda avoided). Which made the scene really difficult to tackle. There’s still one week to the rule system, so if Laura loses that rule (condom), she has no longer anything to lose. And if she has nothing to lose, and isn’t corrupted enough, she just won’t play the game anymore.

And so I thought the element of surprise and the contrast between her words (bravado) and what ends up happening (cum dripping out of her pussy) would be a good shocking factor that would enter the sphere of what I personally see as NTR (hopelessness). The ‘real’ raw sex could then appear later on (when she ends up falling).
There was also a fear (and it’s a fear that’s always present whenever I write a sex scene) that I was overstaying my welcome. There were two different sex scenes back to back (long ones at that), and so I feared that it was stretching out too long and the reader might need time to breathe.

It might also have been lazy writing. Sometimes meaningful sex scenes are difficult to portray, and so maybe I gave myself all kinds of excuses to be lazy.

The events won’t change. That’s something I’m adamant about. I won’t change my writing because some people don’t like where it’s going. Which means the raw sex is still there. It will be because Luca wanted to pump another load and he simply didn’t have any condom left at his disposal. It also means that Laura will have lost her consciousness when the raw sex happened.

BUT I will (in fact, I already have) write the events (sex) leading to the raw sex, as well as the raw sex itself. I don’t know how satisfying it will be—Laura will still be unconscious after all, and my head is filled with Aya right now—but since it’s adding something that exists in the universe anyway, I don’t mind doing it. If people were trying to pressure me to change the story, I would probably not have done it. But since it’s a small change like adding a scene, and I find myself believing I didn’t do a good enough job, then I don’t really mind. It’s ultimately for the best of the project.

Anyway, it’s become quite a long-winded post. Sorry about that. And it might have sounded like rambling too. I don’t know if I will be able to add the scene in next month’s update—it kinda messes with my plans a bit with my artists and all—but I’ll add it as soon as I can. Hopefully it’s not another disappointment.
Im simping for him, I hope he continue the laura route even more though

Reactions: basheree
Jan 28, 2022

Pacing

Man... I fucking love creators that are willing to stand their ground, but at the same time are so passionate and respectful towards their audience. Respect.

Also, there is nothing wrong with the project turning out bigger than originally planned. If it's natural, because the story actually demands it and it's not just obvious milking - the audience won't be turning away from the author - I bet it's the opposite. Last thing people want is the story rushing towards the endings because it was supposed to be <that many> words.

APBLU is the reason Hangover Cat blew up and it's deserved, because it's truly a great VN. Last thing we need is squandering that potential by forcibly making it shorter/longer than it should be. Let those characters shine and make the story as long as it needs to be. Not too short, not too long - but exacly how you want it.

Also, already written portion can be reviewed and tuned with additional CGs, which is already being done. Even if you have a particular vision and think that your idea is the right one - you can still enhance it for your audience.

I bet Aya's route is only gonna benefit from all that experience and feedback and honestly - I cannot wait. Even now APBLU is my top 3 fav netorare games and it could easily become no. 1 when the entire thing gets finished. And who knows what awaits us far in the future, when yet another project is gonna start...

sfoMMA85

May 23, 2019
Man... I fucking love creators that are willing to stand their ground, but at the same time are so passionate and respectful towards their audience. Respect.
I just love HC for his transparent communication, the way he balances between implementing feedback and staying true to himself and his project and how consistent and reliable his is. Apart from the fact that APBLU surely is one, if not the best NTR game atm.

Hope he never leaves this fine art behind and we get bunches and bunches of content for years to come ;) only hope he gives himself a break at a time and doesnt stress himself too much. You gotta take care of yourself.

WhiteFireDaemon

Mar 14, 2017
I'm not really opposed to the first raw sex scene happening at this point in the story or even how Luca did it except that it seems odd that he would so carelessly break the rules unless it was some plan to further corrupt Laura. I would think he'd be more calculating and that if he chose to go a round without a condom, then it wouldn't be as a "eh, whatever" kind of thing but rather a "one taste and she'll be hooked" kind of thing. however, we just have to wait and see how this development unfolds from here. Luca's actions could lead to some very good development and conflicted feelings for Laura.

I would say that my complaint however, is in how it disappointingly it was done. We've had points in the story where Laura was either barely conscious or briefly unconscious before, so it doesn't seem to like it would be too unusual for us as the player to get to continue watching despite Laura's state of mind. Everything up to that point, while very titillating, felt like edging but then skipped over the climax. The whole time they're going at it, there's too much back and forth and not enough pay off at the end. I understand the whole idea of wanting to jump from her adamantly mentioning how important that rule is to the point where Luca breaks it. It has a lot of merit for an idea, but I think it might've been better with an extra line or two before the fade out and then jumping back in right as he realizes he's out of condoms.

Overall, I think HC shouldn't get hung up on this point too much as we have several paths to explore and I suspect that this milestone will be handled differently amongst them. Some will obviously be better than others and so once we see the other endings, this might eventually become a forgotten complaint. Either way, write what you love HC and I'm sure you'll do fine. Don't worry about our bitching except for if it offers you some constructive criticism. Your game is remarkable and will continue to be remarkable no matter what happens!

4.10 star(s) 99 Votes