VN Ren'Py Completed A Promise Best Left Unkept [Bonus Scenes S2 7-8] [Hangover Cat Purrroduction]

4.10 star(s) 102 Votes

bai_pyrvan

Feb 5, 2018
I am replaying the game and reading more carefully everything - I started it from the beginning 3 times, the 1st I skipped all the text until the sex scenes, those in the toilet and on the phone get my interest, so I started again, trying to read more and understand the story; now while waiting for the update, decided to restart for 3rd time, reading really everything. Not sure if this was already discussed, but for me looks obvious that Luca is eavesdropping Laura and Harry in the infirmary, probably with some eavesdropping device. In the day he asked Harry to give him the USB (and which is the key event in the blackmail story), they were speaking exactly about this, and that Laura will go to her mother - there's no other way Luca to know it. Later when he's trying to get under Laura's skin and to make the impression that only he knows her best, better than Harry, he uses an information from the conversations between Harry and Laura - that she hates her mother, that they have argues, etc, to tell her exactly what she wants to hear. In one scene she even asked him "are you eavesdropping us", he said that doesn't have so much free time and it's not in his style, but for me is obvious that he is lying. I think in some of the good endings Harry will find the eavesdropping devices and show them to Laura.

Animefan_09

Sep 13, 2017
So we are clsoe to our first ending, so far what parts have been your favorites? For me my favorite sex scene was when Harry called Laura in the middle of sex and she called him weakling, and outside sex when Laura basically sabotages Harry by siding with Lucas during the project meeting (when Aya storms off the meeting).

One shows clear corruption of Laura's character (well both do) and the later just hurts Harry so much muahahahahahahahahahaha

Reactions: jaden000

WhiteFireDaemon

Mar 14, 2017
How do i do that?
If you look in the options, there's one for skipping unread text. After that, the method to start skipping dialog would depend on what you're playing on. I know for Win, you can hold the control key.

So we are clsoe to our first ending, so far what parts have been your favorites? For me my favorite sex scene was when Harry called Laura in the middle of sex and she called him weakling, and outside sex when Laura basically sabotages Harry by siding with Lucas during the project meeting (when Aya storms off the meeting).

One shows clear corruption of Laura's character (well both do) and the later just hurts Harry so much muahahahahahahahahahaha
My favorite scene is the first time Luca makes Laura cum and she gets her first taste of losing the game. There's so much terror, the fear is just delicious and honestly I wish we had seen more of that in later scenes as well. I wish there had been more dread when Laura lost the condom rule as well. It seems she's more stunned than anything which is fine, but I would've liked more pleading and begging with that just like when she lost the "don't move" rule early on.

Edit: Oh yeah! Something that has been nagging at me. There's a comment about Laura feels like she forgot something. Maybe I'm over thinking it all, but I'm really curious what it is that she could have forgotten about as well as how it would obviously turn out to be detrimental for her.

mzer0

Nov 21, 2018
Edit: Oh yeah! Something that has been nagging at me. There's a comment about Laura feels like she forgot something. Maybe I'm over thinking it all, but I'm really curious what it is that she could have forgotten about as well as how it would obviously turn out to be detrimental for her.
If I'm not mistaken, I believe she was so caught up in having sex with Luca that she forgot that she was supposed to meet up with Harry.

Reactions: Animefan_09

WhiteFireDaemon

Mar 14, 2017
If I'm not mistaken, I believe she was so caught up in having sex with Luca that she forgot that she was supposed to meet up with Harry.
I'm not so sure about that. When playing Harry's perspective, he calls her and Laura blames the supposed EFA meeting for running long (which yes, I know it's really just her getting fucked by Luca during their Wednesday date) and cancels the date with Harry. When we cut to Laura's perspective though, it seems to be after her phone call with Harry (as we don't see her actually talking to him), only the part where Luca sends the message to Harry later on. So if she's already had the talk and covered the fact that she's missed her date with Harry, then it would suggest that something else was forgotten, wouldn't it?

jaden000

May 30, 2020

Didn’t play the game completely but so far the First sex scene with the sex position and since resistance to pleasure is at its highest and corruption at its lowest which is one of the best dynamic in NTR.

Last edited:
Reactions: Animefan_09

mzer0

Nov 21, 2018

That phone call was definitely good. I love the 'stealth sex' trope that is so common in NTR stories.
My favorite scene was easily the video conference call. I'm hoping for another one like that. The blowjob at the karaoke was too tame for my tastes.

I keep on imagining a scene where Laura calls Harry and tells him that she took Luca out to dinner to thank him for all his help on the project.

Harry would hear the sounds of the other people in the restaurant in the background and take her words at face value, but, in reality, what he would actually be hearing is a youtube like this one being played over speakers:

Laura and Luca would actually be in Laura's bedroom. This would happend after Laura has completely fallen and become Luca's woman, so she would go on and on to Harry about how much she 'appreciates' Luca, how much he supported her during the project, and that she hopes the three of them can remain close friends. (This would give her an excuse to keep Luca around without raising Harry's suspicions after the two of them get married.)

Luca would then make a comment about how well he and Laura work together. Luara would agree, making Harry a little nervous. Luca would then go even further and say that, if Laura wasn't with Harry, he would have taken her for himself. When Laura laughs and says 'Guess you missed your chance, huh?', Harry would have a minor heart attack as he flashed back to Maya.

As the conversation continues, Harry would then begin to hear things that you would typically assume to be sex (sucking and slurping sounds from Laura giving Luca a blowjob; skin hitting skin as Luca fucks Laura from behind, Luara's occasional barely contained moans, etc.) but the ambient sounds of the 'restaurant' would cause him to doubt himself. Meanwhile, Laura would become more and more vocal. When Harry questions why she sounds so strange, Laura will say it's because the food is so good.

I can see the scene in my mind now:

"Are you okay, Laura?" asks Harry.

"(Mmff!)...Oh, yeah, babe," she replies, barely stifling a moan as Luca slams his cock into her from behind. "This food...(Ugh!)...It's just so...(Ah!)...fucking amazing!"

"Yeah, you like that?" says Luca. "Here! Have some more!" Then he starts fucking her harder and faster as he pushes her face into the bed to muffle her screams.

"(Mmmmmfffffff!!!!)" Laura's pussy clenches around Luca as she has a huge orgasm, causing him to cum inside her after a few more thrusts.

"Laura?" says Harry. "Hey, can you guys hear me?"

"Sorry," says Luca as he sits on the bed next to Laura's unconscious body, "yer fiance just ran off to the bathroom. Maybe the food here ain't so great after all." Then, as he gropes Laura's breasts possessively, he adds, "So, Harry. Given any thought to who your best man is gonna be?..."

Last edited:

mzer0

Nov 21, 2018
So if she's already had the talk and covered the fact that she's missed her date with Harry, then it would suggest that something else was forgotten, wouldn't it?[/ISPOILER]
Only if you assume the phone call happened before the sex and not after. I personally think it happened after. I don't really have a strong reason why, so I could be wrong.

WhiteFireDaemon

Mar 14, 2017
Only if you assume the phone call happened before the sex and not after. I personally think it happened after. I don't really have a strong reason why, so I could be wrong.
I'm pretty sure that the phone call happens just before where we cut in on them going at it. During that scene, Luca sends the message to Harry with the close up that Harry received a bit after his call with Laura during his perspective. So the call had to be before that scene.

mzer0

Nov 21, 2018
I'm pretty sure that the phone call happens just before where we cut in on them going at it. During that scene, Luca sends the message to Harry with the close up that Harry received a bit after his call with Laura during his perspective. So the call had to be before that scene.
So I just went and checked. I'm pretty sure the call happens after because of the way it is written. It doesn't say that Harry got a text from Luca after he called Laura; it says he 'noticed' that he had received a text from Luca after he called Laura.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

To me, this means that he got the text before the call with Laura and just didn't realize it. Maybe because the phone was on silent.

WhiteFireDaemon

Mar 14, 2017
Hmm, I got caught up checking if she made the call during the scene and missed the fact that he got the message earlier. Good catch. I guess you must be right then and it was referring to their planned date.

Puma1978

Feb 25, 2022
This game is really well done and to be honest i was not into Anime Style VN's before. But getting a game which shows two perspectives whhere u get the whole picture in a second playthrough only is really a very special and genius approach.
And i was surprised how beautyful the characters are staged and express their emotions also perfect...i always thought Anime VN's use only static renders..may i was really wrong.
If anyone knows other games in this style i would appreciate some suggestions. But please in RPY and not RPG and censored.
Thank you all.

Reactions: drowsy

bai_pyrvan

Feb 5, 2018
This game is really well done and to be honest i was not into Anime Style VN's before. But getting a game which shows two perspectives whhere u get the whole picture in a second playthrough only is really a very special and genius approach.
And i was surprised how beautyful the characters are staged and express their emotions also perfect...i always thought Anime VN's use only static renders..may i was really wrong.
If anyone knows other games in this style i would appreciate some suggestions. But please in RPY and not RPG and censored.
Thank you all.
https://f95zone.to/threads/ntr-homestay-final-anim-teammm.75702/ - there are some similarities with "A Promise ..", like playing the same events from different perspectives (the husband - the wife - the daughter), in my opinion the main antagonist looks like Luca (in his ilustration I mean, not as character), in the end of one of the routes the cheating wife changes her dressing style/haircut/becomes blond. So it is possible that at some point this game had its influence on HangoverCat for his game, or it is just because the genre is so and this is normal for NTR. This game is not bad, but unfortunatelly the scenes are censored.

https://f95zone.to/threads/netorare-wife-misumi-lustful-awakening-v1-0-1-azienda.66415/ - also not bad game in my opinion.

Still - I haven't met anything with the quality of "A promise best left unkept", the realism, the depth of the story, and the impact the game created in my mind :).

https://f95zone.to/threads/holding-hands-v0-24-kirantiplayer.88368/ - maybe not what you're looking for, but in my opinion a good NTR game with many routes and exciting scenes. The game has some problems though.

Puma1978

Feb 25, 2022
https://f95zone.to/threads/ntr-homestay-final-anim-teammm.75702/ - there are some similarities with "A Promise ..", like playing the same events from different perspectives (the husband - the wife - the daughter), in my opinion the main antagonist looks like Luca (in his ilustration I mean, not as character), in the end of one of the routes the cheating wife changes her dressing style/haircut/becomes blond. So it is possible that at some point this game had its influence on HangoverCat for his game, or it is just because the genre is so and this is normal for NTR. This game is not bad, but unfortunatelly the scenes are censored.

https://f95zone.to/threads/netorare-wife-misumi-lustful-awakening-v1-0-1-azienda.66415/ - also not bad game in my opinion.

Still - I haven't met anything with the quality of "A promise best left unkept", the realism, the depth of the story, and the impact the game created in my mind :).

https://f95zone.to/threads/holding-hands-v0-24-kirantiplayer.88368/ - maybe not what you're looking for, but in my opinion a good NTR game with many routes and exciting scenes. The game has some problems though.
Thank you very much! i ll check them out.

coxtation

Feb 2, 2020
Can you sex Amy or Laura mom?

Great game by the way I'm gonna sub but sometimes in feel like too much text and talking I only have such a small window in a day to play this game without anyone walking in heh heh

Animefan_09

Sep 13, 2017
Can you sex Amy or Laura mom?

Great game by the way I'm gonna sub but sometimes in feel like too much text and talking I only have such a small window in a day to play this game without anyone walking in heh heh
...i feel you, i have to play all i can when the oportunity presents itself but i like the text, is important and enhances many of the scenes, those times spend narrating and showing us how much they like each other at the begining for example make the ntr way better later on.

Reactions: coxtation
4.10 star(s) 102 Votes