VN Ren'Py Completed A Promise Best Left Unkept [Bonus Scenes S2 7-8] [Hangover Cat Purrroduction]

4.10 star(s) 102 Votes

Tjssss

Jun 1, 2021
My thoughts, HangoverCat, fuckin great game. Ignore all these weird criticisms.

I think the characters are well defined, great and have good motivation.

You have done amazing work with this game. Love ya man. Fuck all these numpties.

Is it for everyone? Probably not. Are there details I'm not into? Yeah. But so what?

All the shitty complaints are the equivalent of "oh, Indiana Jones should have let the them take the ark to Germany "

It's not about logic, or anything is it? It's about the journey.

And also having a really good wank.

OEJ

'Dirth ma, harellan. Ma banal enasalin. Mar solas'
Donor
Dec 9, 2017
Enough Off-topic/NTR discussion/trolling/piracy discussion. if this continues we will start warning and thread banning. Please use off-topic section for discussion anything that doesn't contribute to the discussion about the game

jenn20

Dec 17, 2017
HC hoping my man gives our Laura some BBC just have Luca have a BBC friend then Laura gets a piece of it, then Laura craves of that BBC man and My friendo invites the whole football team to the house lol that'd be the NTR dream for Laura
Great idea lol

Reactions: LyfeIsBall88

Spiny Norman

Jul 21, 2021
Great game. Played through the “future together” ending with Laura from only the MCs point of view. I will play through again from everyone’s point of view to see all the content, but I wanted to know how well the dev could write this just for the MC. And in my opinion they did an excellent job. Infuriating to watch MC delude himself and not get it while at the same time knowing what was really happening. You don’t get much of the corruption aspect that way, but not seeing what is happening when you know it’s going on is a difficult tension to keep up and the dev does a great job.
Previous to this game I would have said that Girlfriend Tapes was probably the best NTR title I have played, but this is now the champ. And with more content planned? I can’t wait. I applaud the developer!

Reactions: EndlessNights

jaden000

May 30, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Some of the art styles in the scenes were more inconsistent than before which kinda sucks the immersion for me (granted there’s multiple different artists) but H-cat did say he will redo some of the scenes at the end of the game or when it’s complete depending on how pleased ppl are by it.

LewdLife

Jan 31, 2021
Leaked early again, huh? Figures, but whatever.

Anyway, am I the only one who has been left with a bad taste in their mouth after this update? I mean, yes, the corruption is great and the sex scenes are hot but, after I'm done fapping and the post-nut clarity hits, I just can't help but feel really bad for Harry.

See, the thing that draws me to NTR is the corruption and moral degradation of a once loyal and loving wife/girlfriend. For whatever reason, watching them slowly fall turns me on. However, what I do not come to NTR for is the humiliation of the 'cuck'. I don't need to see some guy crying as he jerks off to videos of his stolen lover to enjoy the genre. It's fine if that happens, but I don't need it to be satisfied.

The problem I'm having with APLU is that Harry is written so goddamn sympathetically. After I'm done getting off to Laura's fall, I'm left reading a story about an underdog that's being beaten so badly that all I want is for him to win.

I didn't have this problem with HC's other work, 'The Edge Of'. The MC in that story at least seemed somewhat deserving of the shit that was happening to him. But Harry, aside from some poor decisions, is practically blameless here; a total victim.

I think the final scene of this update was what really got to me.

Admittedly, seeing Harry breakdown crying in bed was a little cringe to me. Understandable, but still cringe. However, Laura's disgusted reaction to his tears, while completely in line with her change in character, was sickening to me. Here we have a woman who allowed herself to be blackmailed for sake of her boyfriend, which was really just a manifestation of her tendency to take everything onto herself when she should be sharing the burden.

Then this woman allows the blackmail to evolve into a game. A game she seems to enjoy playing more and more as time goes on.

Then, when she finally loses that game, not only does she completely betray her boyfriend by becoming another man's property, but she also lets that man get her pregnant, and allows her hard-working boyfriend to believe it is his.

And, to cap it all off, when that hard-working boyfriend finally has an emotional break after wearing himself down to the bone to support his new family, her reaction to his pain and exhaustion is disgust?

Yeah. Fuck Laura. All the stuff I just described is hot from a corruption standpoint but, again, once I'm not horny any more, all I see is a bitch who needs to get what she deserves.

However, since I know that isn't going to happen, I'll probably have to give this game a rest until HC gets around to the good ending. Because this is the kind of NTR story that desperately needs one.
this is the issue of pov, if we had bully pov we might have enjoyed more than cucked pov or i dont know, but yea laura is fked up, she doesnt clearly know what she needs which ultimately leads to the downfall

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
this is the issue of pov, if we had bully pov we might have enjoyed more than cucked pov or i dont know, but yea laura is fked up, she doesnt clearly know what she needs which ultimately leads to the downfall
If you want to test your theory you could always just play a game like Star Cove Incident or Netorius Neighbor instead of this one. You pretty much get to be Luca in those games.

Reactions: ForeverLosing

WareWaShida

Jan 25, 2021
Are new comments being deleted or has there just been no discussion since Monday? Doesn't seem like there's any ongoing discussion on the linked thread above.

Reactions: ktez
4.10 star(s) 102 Votes