Envyi

Feb 12, 2019
Any help for that last Air raid? Even with convoker they consistenbtly do more dmg to my guys than i to them...Game is grat btw, but feel like the fighting should be simplified a bit... NOOOOO idea what works and what doesnt. (Yes i read the tutorials, even so...)

tontoman

May 4, 2017
Maybe I'm missing something, but what triggers any events?. I done some raids, built some buildings, but nothing else happens. Saw it mentioned UI is a work in progress so maybe I'm missing something but talking to my people and doing raids doesn't seem to trigger anything.

CyranD

Apr 28, 2021
One of the most enjoyable first releases I played in awhile. Loved all the cut scenes. I think I found all available content so far and did not miss anything.

This is what I found
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

For bugs, I don't think the AIR mage beatable. I cheated to win that battle. The cut scene after capturing all 4 mages did not activate after beating the AIR Mage (The way I cheated was upping my damage to one shot her so don't think that was the cause). By loading a older save and beating Air Mage then Fire Mage I got the next story part to trigger.

A little grindy but not horrible, understanding battle can be a little confusing but I did not find anything to difficult other then AIR mage which is the only time I modified anything to help win other then that played it how it suppose to be played.

HUNUTAN

Jan 18, 2019
but how can you fight then? in my window of this battle, nothing is simply pressed.

Niv-Mizzet the Firemind

Mar 15, 2020
Maybe I'm missing something, but what triggers any events?. I done some raids, built some buildings, but nothing else happens. Saw it mentioned UI is a work in progress so maybe I'm missing something but talking to my people and doing raids doesn't seem to trigger anything.
For the majority of the targets you need to go to Whispers first and ask for info. If you've captured a target, you need to visit the mage and ask him to prepare the ritual for that target. You'll need mushrooms for that.

yuyutsu

Mar 31, 2019
I keep getting this bug. Doesn't cause a crash but irritating. Happens during combat when using stoneshaper as defense.

Proffejor

Mar 2, 2020
I find the air boss fight unwinable, as it looks like many others have also shared.
Other than this, the game is fairly interesting, and I am hoping to see more.

Jan 21, 2018
One of the most enjoyable first releases I played in awhile. Loved all the cut scenes. I think I found all available content so far and did not miss anything.

This is what I found

For bugs, I don't think the AIR mage beatable. I cheated to win that battle. The cut scene after capturing all 4 mages did not activate after beating the AIR Mage (The way I cheated was upping my damage to one shot her so don't think that was the cause). By loading a older save and beating Air Mage then Fire Mage I got the next story part to trigger.

A little grindy but not horrible, understanding battle can be a little confusing but I did not find anything to difficult other then AIR mage which is the only time I modified anything to help win other then that played it how it suppose to be played.
There are two more scenes depending on your advisor. There will be three routes that wont deviate far from the main story, but you will get some extra scenes:
-whispers is blackmail/forced exhibitionism/games/bets
-mara is slave training
-ugnor is magical sacrifice/horrors from beyond

And you will get more information on each advisors backstory.

I keep getting this bug. Doesn't cause a crash but irritating. Happens during combat when using stoneshaper as defense.
On my list.

I find the air boss fight unwinable, as it looks like many others have also shared.

Other than this, the game is fairly interesting, and I am hoping to see more.
Also on my list.

Those are easily fixable. I have some time on the weekend, where I will fix the bugs and improve the inteface.

I want to redesing the class icons to make it perfectly clear what class is good against which armor type. The other thing that I want to fix asap is the battle text. The line by line thing does not work at all.

I wanted to get this "rougelike" feeling: "The goblin ambusher hit you with his shiv! You are poisoned.". But it all disappears in the stupid text. E.g. while playtesting it took me a while to realise that stuff like "Fireshield" has a special effect on high shield values. And I am the guy who wrote the code. :whistle: My plan is to show all text for each turn at once via the other renpy mode.

The main menu also needs some overhaul and I have some ideas there to make it faster to navigate.

One medium term goal is the code handling the raids (which is a mess and can be improved massively). I really would like to combine that with a map so that you really get the feeling that you are sending out a marauding band of mercenaries to loot some copper mine or capture a caravan. It would also hugely help to bring the world alive.

Anyway thanks for the kind replies. I will be on it on the weekend, so expect some bugfixes. ;)

Reactions: Me666 and Envyi

Envyi

Feb 12, 2019
There are two more scenes depending on your advisor. There will be three routes that wont deviate far from the main story, but you will get some extra scenes:
-whispers is blackmail/forced exhibitionism/games/bets
-mara is slave training
-ugnor is magical sacrifice/horrors from beyond

And you will get more information on each advisors backstory.

On my list.

Also on my list.

Those are easily fixable. I have some time on the weekend, where I will fix the bugs and improve the inteface.

I want to redesing the class icons to make it perfectly clear what class is good against which armor type. The other thing that I want to fix asap is the battle text. The line by line thing does not work at all.

I wanted to get this "rougelike" feeling: "The goblin ambusher hit you with his shiv! You are poisoned.". But it all disappears in the stupid text. E.g. while playtesting it took me a while to realise that stuff like "Fireshield" has a special effect on high shield values. And I am the guy who wrote the code. :whistle: My plan is to show all text for each turn at once via the other renpy mode.

The main menu also needs some overhaul and I have some ideas there to make it faster to navigate.

One medium term goal is the code handling the raids (which is a mess and can be improved massively). I really would like to combine that with a map so that you really get the feeling that you are sending out a marauding band of mercenaries to loot some copper mine or capture a caravan. It would also hugely help to bring the world alive.

Anyway thanks for the kind replies. I will be on it on the weekend, so expect some bugfixes. ;)
Awesome! Since my last comment was a bit of a downer i wanted to add: I really like the game so far! Like the setting, love the protagonist and her shenanigans :D Plus some gameplay is always nice (though hope it gets some polishing ofc)

Though one question: I did Mara line and i like it so far, but both the other lines sound interesting/fun as well... Any chance you will implement something like "at point x you need more advisors, so you choose one of the remaining two (just without their ultimate unlock, or some way to only choose one) and then start their questlines too"? No matter how fun this is gonna be, don't think going in two more times for the other questlines is gonna be worth...

PeterLA0909

Apr 19, 2021
how i can trigger events?
can only do raids
i captured 2 slaves but dont know what i can do with them

Last edited:

Envyi

Feb 12, 2019
how i can trigger events?
can only do raids
i captured 2 slaves but dont know what i can do with them
Random slaves is a currency you can later use. Events happen after each day, provided certain requirements are met. When doing raids there shouild be a third option (after money/lumber raid), if not check with whispers if she has any new intel she can provide. Or if you already captured certain named characters talk to the wizard dude and see if he can prepare a ritual.

PeterLA0909

Apr 19, 2021
how can i beat the ambassador i used every possible fighters an always loose
and can tell anyone what this in the middel during fighting

Reactions: zarudatsu

Envyi

Feb 12, 2019
how can i start the ritual?
After paying the wizard, you can start the rituals from your bedroom. There is also the option to take a potion which has some nice scenes tied to it, incase you havent seen those. Some scenes are unlocked later, so just take the potion from time to time to see if something happens :)

PeterLA0909

Apr 19, 2021
thanks no i got it i think
but now i stuck it always says after fight the high magistra is weakened
fire i got
but air water and stone always says this

3.40 star(s) 18 Votes