Jan 21, 2018
Just a quick update:
I finished the first scene for chapter 2. The other scenes are all planned, but I need to build some backgrounds first. I am also working on two new non-human species which will make their first appearance in this chapter. I have some time this weekend which I will spend on getting these two right.

As said before, the map works so you will be able to chose between three raids on the map each day.

Only thing I haven't tried is seeing if there's a level up system since I see units have XP counters, but at this point, the grind doesn't seem worth it.
The other thing you could try is updating the game so the bugged fight is fixed and the menus don't look like shit. :)

And the berserker thing is a typo. The only way to win was with barbarian.

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
I like everything about this game except the battles, which I find long and boring. Since the dev has focused gameplay on the battles (and rightfully so, if that's his audience) I'm kinda screwed. Can anyone suggest a way for me to just cheat in through the battles so that I can get to the parts of the game that I enjoy (which is to say, the story and the corruption/humiliation of the MC)?

Reactions: libertypics

!\!!\

Oct 2, 2021
I like everything about this game except the battles, which I find long and boring. Since the dev has focused gameplay on the battles (and rightfully so, if that's his audience) I'm kinda screwed. Can anyone suggest a way for me to just cheat in through the battles so that I can get to the parts of the game that I enjoy (which is to say, the story and the corruption/humiliation of the MC)?
Enable Dev Console

Get into Battle

Open Console (CTRL+O)
Type EHP = 0

Close the console and finish the turn as usual
???
Profit

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
Enable Dev Console

Get into Battle

Open Console (CTRL+O)
Type EHP = 0

Close the console and finish the turn as usual
???
Profit
Thanks. Finally was able to kill off theose f*cking hobbits that no team could kill.

As a thank-you, I will share a little mod that I made that replaces the 8Hen.rpy file (the one with the text for the sex scenes) with something a little more "punched up" in terms of actions and especuially MC thoughts and fantasies. Consider it strictly respectful fan fiction, and save the original 8Hen.rpy, because some of my ideas might run counter to what the dev plans for the future. Not every scene is modded, just the ones I thought had a lot more potential (potions and the Mara and Whispers advisor support). Enjoy (or not, if you'd prefer).

Alannnnn

Apr 25, 2019
Ok, just wondering how to get these scenes, do we lose every time and lose everything, or what do I do? No spoilers hahaha

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
Ok, just wondering how to get these scenes, do we lose every time and lose everything, or what do I do? No spoilers hahaha
Those scenes come from the "Support your advisor" decisions in the MC's portrait. They are the longest (and best) scenes in the game.

You will be prompted to appoint an advisor after you capture Countess Eliza and Night Oaks. You will get the chance to "support your advisor" at that point. If your advisor is the slave girl Mara, you get the scene from the first picture. If your advisor is Whispers, you get the scene from the second picture, and if your advisor is Ungor, you get the scene shown in the third picture.

You can't get all of the scenes from one play through, so save the game at the advisor selection screen if you want to see them all.

The game continues after those scenes. They are not game-overs.

Reactions: Alannnnn

Alannnnn

Apr 25, 2019
Those scenes come from the "Support your advisor" decisions in the MC's portrait. They are the longest (and best) scenes in the game.

You will be prompted to appoint an advisor after you capture Countess Eliza and Night Oaks. You will get the chance to "support your advisor" at that point. If your advisor is the slave girl Mara, you get the scene from the first picture. If your advisor is Whispers, you get the scene from the second picture, and if your advisor is Ungor, you get the scene shown in the third picture.

You can't get all of the scenes from one play through, so save the game at the advisor selection screen if you want to see them all.

The game continues after those scenes. They are not game-overs.
Thank you! So these are like dreams she has, they never happen or is real? (Never mind, I just saw the scenes.) Is that all? After that we can continue or am I missing something?

Last edited:

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
Thank you! So these are like dreams she has, they never happen or is real? (Never mind, I just saw the scenes.) Is that all? After that we can continue or am I missing something?
They actually happen, but they are the last of the H scenes in this version of the game.

I haven't seen anything about an update yet.

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
For those that are missing what is so great about this game, I'm adding some shortcuts and a more complete version of my "fan fiction" version of the events file.

Save 1-1-LT1 is a complete game at the MC's "remember" screen. You can click on any of the buttons to get all of the H scenes. The "support advisor" choice takes you to the Whispers scenario.

Save 1-2-LT1 is the same, except that the scenario is the Maya scenario.

Save 1-3-LT1 is the start of the Ungor scenario. I didn't play that version through to get the "remember" acreen.

Remember that you have to have the saves created already (just save anything in those slots and then replace them) to get them into the "persistent" file.

8Hen.rpy is my modded version of the events file. It has a lot more "inner voice" stuff (since that's what I like) and extends many of the events. It's strictly unofficial, so save your original file. Access the events as usual (above).

It's a bit ironic that so much of this game, representing so much of the talent and time of the developer, is hidden behind the rather opaque and repetitive combat system. See for yourself.

Jan 21, 2018
Just a short update for chapter 2:

The map for chapter 2 (and chapter 1) is done
You will be presented three targets on the map each day. You can chose one. This is a first step to make the combat fit together better with the actual story. An added benefit is that you can actually see the desolation and the road to the port cities. New chapters will add new maps for the other provinces, so that you can be immersed in the hills of Borea, the jungles of Notos, the plains of Eurea and of course the Heart.

Scenes:
I have currently rendered 2 out of 7 planned scenes for this chapter. Add to that some shorter story scenes. There will also be some new characters that I still need to finish. Still working on the non-humans, because I do not want them to be generic.

Story:
I have finished the story for chapter 2, but the dialogue still needs to be written.

The three advisor routes each corrupt the MC in a different fashion.

Didn't have much time the last few weekends, but I think I will make some progress this week.

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
If I had a choice I wouldn't of picked anyone of the advisors and since it was forced I just picked something and then clicked as fast as I could to get past the scene.

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
If I had a choice I wouldn't of picked anyone of the advisors and since it was forced I just picked something and then clicked as fast as I could to get past the scene.
Given the nature of the game (and all of the other scenes), why did the advisor scenes particularly bother you? If you don't mind my asking.

Jan 27, 2021
To be honest, the Screenshots and Renders of the game are awesome, really tripple AAA material for the best games ever!

So I started the game and then:
The MOST annoying fighting system ever and tons of grind, a real grindfest without any sex or actions with my slaves.
Instead of that i have to buy and train Mercs and buy buildings without any questlog or propper hints and NO Skip instantwin Button. A really bad start for a sexgame.
1 cubic meter of sand has 100.000.000.000 single grain of sand. Sandbox doesnt mean to pick them all one by one. Less than 10000 Grind is allowed.

It is a real shame, a game with this nice story and awesome renders could be easyly a tripple AAA game and should have 10 times more postings after 2 month of sharing for download. Instead of that, players download and delete after playing the annoying fights and grindfest.
Look at the game "Mist", its even sandbox and has a fighting system but with a lot of fun and 10 times better and not grindy like this game! And Mist has 15 sites Comments and 10 ratings every month because the players like it.

Last edited:

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
To be honest, the Screenshots and Renders of the game are awesome!

So I started the game and then:
The MOST annoying fighting system ever and tons of grind, a real grindfest without any sex or actions with my slaves.
Instead of that i have to buy and train Mercs and buy buildings without any questlog or propper hints and NO Skip Button. A really bad start for a sexgame.
1 cubic meter of sand has 100.000.000.000 single grain of sand. Sandbox doesnt mean to pick them all one by one. Less than 10000 Grind is allowed.
Capture the slave caravans to see the first two H scenes. Those are easy. Then test the potions twice to see the first two H scenes. The other scenes are after a fair bit of combat (that I, too, found confusing and grindy), so you can just load the saves I posted above to see them all.

The combat system may, indeed, work well, but there's far too little guidance on how to make it work. The H scenes are great, though. Well worth watching.

Jan 27, 2021
Capture the slave caravans to see the first two H scenes. Those are easy. Then test the potions twice to see the first two H scenes. The other scenes are after a fair bit of combat (that I, too, found confusing and grindy), so you can just load the saves I posted above to see them all.

The combat system may, indeed, work well, but there's far too little guidance on how to make it work. The H scenes are great, though. Well worth watching.
Thats what I said, delete the trashyest fighting sytem ever and replace it with slave interactions.

This is the only way to save this game from getting abandoned. You have to say it at the beginning, in 2 years it is to late to save this game from getting abandoned.

No one should be forced to play through such a shitty fighting system what makes the opposite of fun!

And it is like you say, you must do this and that and to make it more grindy you need potions only to make it more grindy and scare away 90% of the players!

There could be 3 Buttons at the start, called easy, medium and hard.
Not everyone want it extremly difficult, especially grindfest haters like 90% of the players and me! You must see it, the game has not enough fans because the fighting system scare the players away and make them deleting the game! Look at the very few postings and ratings, this game could be tripple AAA without this grindfest and fighting BS!

Everyone has to want this game succesful, story and renders are really good. Dev should concentrate more on character development and delete fighting system. All tripple AAA games have an excelent character development and no one has a shitty fighting system like this game! Fighting system and grind is minus -50 of 5 stars and an absolute NoGo.

Who has fun with this shitty fighting system has to prove me, that he is not masochistic!
Please everyone, help to make the game more playable for many players and save it from getting abandoned.
80% of the postings are about the annoying fighting system of this game and to much grind.
Without this Problems this could be a very fun 5 star game with tons of fans and thousands of patreons for the Dev.

Last edited:

Domi10

Nov 19, 2020
The game has good H scenes and a promising story but the fighting system needs to be easire and less grind also there could be more H scenes with the mc.

Reactions: TomWant Badass
Jan 27, 2021
The game has good H scenes and a promising story but the fighting system needs to be easire and less grind also there could be more H scenes with the mc.
I have to agree with you. You are right in every single point. Unfortunately, the Dev does not participate in this discussion. I would like to know, if he wants to develope a popular game or a crappy fighting system? Maybe he has lost interest in his game, dev say me why I have to play this shitty fighting system? After 2 fights I lost every fight and didnt have any progress in story, even the cheats dont work because my console doesnt open.

Last edited:

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018

Agree, while noting that we don't actually know how grindy the combats system is supposed to be if only we knew how it is supposed to work! :LOL:

More H scenes are surely coming in future releases, but I would argue that this game has a lot more of them in its first release than is usual. There are six scenes with the main character (some of them extensive) and seven with other characters. The usual number in a first release is two or three.

Jan 27, 2021
Agree, while noting that we don't actually know how grindy the combats system is supposed to be if only we knew how it is supposed to work! :LOL:

More H scenes are surely coming in future releases, but I would argue that this game has a lot more of them in its first release than is usual. There are six scenes with the main character (some of them extensive) and seven with other characters. The usual number in a first release is two or three.
Let me ask a question, do you think the battle system is good and do you love it?
And second question, how could I win the fights? I never had so much problems with an ingame fighting system, even in the sandbox game "Mist" i won all the fights witout using the ingame button to flee and skip the fight! But this game didnt even have an ingame cheating button!!

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
Let me ask a question, do you think the battle system is good and do you love it?
I believe that I have made it abundantly clear, in this thread and in my review, that the combat system is extremely annoying because it is so opaque that I am just randomly clicking buttons rather than making decisions. Do you "love it?"

And second question, how could I win the fights? I never had so much problems with an ingame fighting system, even in the sandbox game "Mist" i won all the fights witout using the ingame button to flee and skip the fight! But this game didnt even have an ingame cheating button!!
The way you win fights is by having troops that have an advantage against the enemy armor type and an armor type that the other side doesn't have an advantage against. When none of my teams have that I just don't fight - go to a new day, and hope that the randomized enemy on that day meets my criteria. The more mercenaries I have, the more teams I can have optimized against more enemy types, so i can choose the best team to fight a given enemy (if none do, then, again, skip the fight).

But that got, frankly, boring pretty quickly, so I use the Ren'py Live Cheat Aid (I'm not sure where I got it) that allowed me to reduce the enemy force's HP to one, so I would win in the next round. Cheated through the battles so I could access all of the H scenes. I posted links above that allow someone to see the resulting end-game "memory" links so they could see all that is great abut this game without hassling with the combat system.

I have just noted, however, that what I dislike about the combat system is that I don't get to make interesting decisions. Maybe, if I understood the combat system, it could be fun. Maybe there's a cool strategy that I could implement if I knew what the buttons meant. I just don't know because there is nothing telling me to do anything smarter than mashing random buttons.

Reactions: TomWant Badass
3.40 star(s) 18 Votes