• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

caxapok1253

Nov 14, 2021
Do you mean you couldn't trigger the hypnosis of the magisters? If so, then you need to wait until; you have enough mushrooms (you can just click sleep a bunch of times or shorten the wait by building up the mushroom farm).

If you mean that you couldn't trigger the "capture the duchess (or whoever)" and capture the province, then you need to talk to the spymaster and set a trap, then beat the final army a few times. There is no scene where you break the duchess yet.
No, there is non-sexual scene after hypnotizing all four magisters. It didn't trigger for me. Also, after loading one of the saves posted earlier in this thread, I saw "remember scenes" option which I don't have in my playthrough. Wonder if I missed something or just encountered a bug.

Why the fighting system is hated that much? Are you kidding???

Because the fights are 3 times to long and way to heavy! (and superboring)
Firstly, fights being longer than expected is not a CORE problem. The reason they are long is that annoying multiline damage report I mentioned. But it is skippable with Ctrl, which makes fights reasonably long.

Secondly, I genuinely had almost zero problems with fight. As I said, problem is in lack of information. Yes, it took me, like, three times reading tutorial dialogues to fully understand mechanics, and reasonable amount of trial-and-error to figure usefullness of the perks. After which I won almost all fights.

In any case, it's quiet strange to use such strong words on first release of the game, especially one with so stunning music and cutscenes.

Ingame Cheats and Hints are needed, when players loose fights, the game is Shit!
(cant say it often enough, the fights are 3 times to long and way to heavy)
FYI fights are easily cheesable using rollback feature, as it allows infinitely rerolling dices, which in combination with low-cost skills (especially 5-point ones) is completely OP even on non-patched (with infinite enemy ultimates) version.

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
No, there is non-sexual scene after hypnotizing all four magisters. It didn't trigger for me. Also, after loading one of the saves posted earlier in this thread, I saw "remember scenes" option which I don't have in my playthrough. Wonder if I missed something or just encountered a bug.
There is an "end of Chapter1" epilogue scene at the very end of the game, after capturing the governor. Is that what isn't triggering? It isn't consequential, but may be necessary to continue the game.

Also, the saves each have one of three different "support advisor" scenes, different for each advisor. You can't get all three in one playthrough, hence the three saves.

Jan 21, 2018
Short update:

I will release an updated version of Chapter 1 sometimes later this month. That update contains the map and a tooltip system.

The map should make raiding more immersive and simple. You will get three encounters and you can chose witch one you want. Meaning you can chose easier encounters, which is especially useful if you get a hard encounter and you don't have the right team to counter this ready. From a game design perspective you should lose an encounter or get a long encounter if you chose badly.

The tooltip system should really help you to select the right combination of fighters for each encounter. At the moment I have no idea about balance. So after the tooltip system it should be much easier for players to give balance feedback.
Is a specific fighter shit? - yep!
Is a specific ability shit? - definitely (e.g. just recently fixed two caster abilities that would do no damage)
Is an encounter too hard for the loot you get? - probably also true

I am stil rendering scenes for Chapter 2.

This preview is from one of the advisor scenes: the slavegirls given to Ugnor return completely exhausted for days and can't remember anything. The main character wants to check what is being done to them. Ugnor agreed to show her.

The scene for Whispers will be: Two young women from the local town came to Whispers to settle their feud. They each put something extremely important into a box. Both get masked and play a game against each other in the tavern. The winner gets the box. The main character is an observer.

I will give some spoilers for the other scenes when I am further in the rendering process.

Thankfully my job is getting less demanding with Christmas and my holidays are coming up, meaning I will have more time working on the game.

And again, thanks for the feedback I will look out for bugs.

Jan 21, 2018
Great news. If you need a playtester, look no further.
That would be nice. I will upload a build on sunday. I still have to make some more skill icons. Anyway, here is a preview of how the map will look like.

You will be able to select between three options and the expected silver, materials and slaves are shown, as well as the armor type. When doing quests the map will also be labeled. E.g. the provincial capital is in the east, the great desolation in the west and in the south you see some area controlled by the Halflings.

When these quality of life changes are done I will continue with rendering the scenes for Chapter 2.

Jan 21, 2018
Sorry for the delay, but things have been a bit more difficult than expected.

Good news. I implemented the map and a tooltip system. Now the game should be a bit clearer. :)

Here is the newest build of chapter 1:

The scenes are missing, so you have to use the patch to replace the files in your old folder.

!Old saves do not work!. So make a backup before you replace your files.

Changelog:
-New raidsystem
-Map of Zephyrea (Quests are not using the map yet)
-Tooltips
-Skill icons with descriptions
-Can klick dice during battle (Might need to click next to the icons sometimes if it is stuck. Buttons 1,2,3 still work)
-fixed some bugs causing errors during battle
-made the game a bit clearer (e.g. only the relevant damage modifiers are shown when selecting teams)

Known issues:
-raids are not balanced yet
-all encounters spawn at roughly the same rate, the system adjusting rarities of encounters is not in yet

After you guys played the game and gave some feedback I will update the OP. For the updated version I will try to make the quests use the map. When this is done I will continue rendering the scenes for chapter 2.

If you find bugs or if some encounters are too hard or too easy tell me (please try to use the appropriate damage types for the encounters). Thanks. :)

Edit:
It is very easy to add new encounters now. So feel free to propose some.

Edit2:
Fixed a bug and updated the link

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2018
Thanks. I already fixed it.

It was a bug with the Trapper class. I had "Arbalist" added twice in one dictionary. So it will only happen when you have a Trapper merc. I will update the link.

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
I changed the name of the second Arbalist to Trapper and it worked. Some initial impressions:
  1. Ungor scene with the first potion doesn’t show pictures for that scene (stays in base mode)
  2. Battles seem to take an extra click outside the dice boxes after each round to reset dice. This was automatic in the old version.
  3. New raid interface much more intuitive and attractive. The tips on potential loot are very welcome.
  4. New description of team strengths and weaknesses is most welcome. No more trial by fire to see how combinations work.
  5. Still don’t understand dice system. Don’t know symbols or the significance of columns and lines. This is less important now that I know a lot more about own troops and the enemy before engaging, but I’d like to know. If that’s explained anywhere, I haven’t seen it.
  6. Music still great (I don’t think I mentioned that before).
  7. I hope that names are coming to the map, and maybe even a separate map access so that characters can talk about locations and players can easily look at the map to see where those locations are. Not needed yet, but might be helpful as the campaign spreads into new territories.

Domi10

Nov 19, 2020
The map looks great and the description for the teams are very helpfull. In the raid interface where you pick your team the armor type is not displayed correctly I have a team of 3 units with light armor but it is shown as medium armor. In the battel interface the armor type is correct.

Jan 21, 2018
1 is fixed
2 The extra click is only when you use the mouse. 1,2,3, should not have this. I also have no idea how to fix it :D
3-5 Added a Battle Tutorial
7 Added names to the map

In the raid interface where you pick your team the armor type is not displayed correctly
Fixed.

Thanks for the bug reports. I can't check all possible combinations so bug feedback is most welcome.

Now that the core is somewhat fixed (excluding balance and the building interface), I can continue with the scenes for chapter 2.

Hograg blocksack

Aug 16, 2018
Really enjoy this game and I think it has a great premise. How's the progress on chapter 2, I'm really looking forward to its release .

Jan 21, 2018
Really enjoy this game and I think it has a great premise. How's the progress on chapter 2, I'm really looking forward to its release .
I have 2.5 out of 7 scenes for chapter 2 done and I am very happy with the way they fit into the story. For some of the remaining scenes I still have to create backgrounds. E.g. I have to make a small indoor market for auctions. Then there are some smaller plot scenes (with ~3-4 renders each) that also have to be done.

And I am not 100% happy with the skin color of the elves. It either looks artificial or like they all got fantasy AIDS.

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
I have 2.5 out of 7 scenes for chapter 2 done and I am very happy with the way they fit into the story. For some of the remaining scenes I still have to create backgrounds. E.g. I have to make a small indoor market for auctions. Then there are some smaller plot scenes (with ~3-4 renders each) that also have to be done.

And I am not 100% happy with the skin color of the elves. It either looks artificial or like they all got fantasy AIDS.
Good to hear. If you need any help, you have but to ask.

3.40 star(s) 18 Votes